00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Interloping just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Industrial Crew.

101,587 Views | 1,556 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-11 21:47:48

At 6/11/07 09:37 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 6/11/07 09:22 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
Also, I played "Beautiful Child" on my acoustic at my grandparents' 50th anniversary, they loved it.

How sweet. When you played for me, it sounded like shit.

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-11 21:50:31

Suicide's- Frankie Teardrop is amazing.

It's an experience and a song. Damn, it's just so beautiful. Nothing like it, just so inspirational and innovative.

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-11 21:51:41

At 6/11/07 09:47 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: How sweet. When you played for me, it sounded like shit.

Because....

A) I was improvising with no clue what to do.
B) I wasn't tuned.
C) I was using my broken electric guitar with a shitty cable.
D) Fuckloads of reverb in the recording thanks to poor effects setup and the fact I was using a call-centre headset to record the track.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-11 21:54:14

At 6/11/07 09:50 PM, 0peth wrote: Suicide's- Frankie Teardrop is amazing.

It's an experience and a song. Damn, it's just so beautiful. Nothing like it, just so inspirational and innovative.

The screaming is a very nice touch might I say.

It's not like yelling or death metal vocals, it sounds more emotional and melodic almost. Definitely more disturbing and hardcore than any metal.

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-11 22:00:10

At 6/11/07 09:51 PM, Gendo wrote: A) I was improvising with no clue what to do.
B) I wasn't tuned.
C) I was using my broken electric guitar with a shitty cable.
D) Fuckloads of reverb in the recording thanks to poor effects setup and the fact I was using a call-centre headset to record the track.

A) Ever hear of practice?
B) Tuners exist
C) Well, fair enough
D) Reverb had nothing to do with it.

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-11 22:02:18

At 6/11/07 10:00 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote:
A) Ever hear of practice?
B) Tuners exist
C) Well, fair enough

The stern, overly-expectational mother you never had, eh Gary?

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-11 22:03:41

At 6/11/07 10:00 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: A) Ever hear of practice?

Ever hear of "not being such a fucking cunt over something that happened ages ago"?

I didn't practice because I had no fucking clue what to play, I just decided to wing it.

B) Tuners exist

Because a casual guitarist specializing in noise is always in-tune...

I have a tuner, and I use it quite often.

Yes, it does.

Reverb + piss-poor mike = horrid sound

Even if the riff was decent it still would have sounded sub-par given my limited resources.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-12 11:49:28

At 6/12/07 08:23 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:

Yea though, Frankie Teardrop is one of Suicides' finest hours.

I have continiously listened to the song, to try and lose the effect that screaming has on me. I'm also slightly bothered by distorted noises, so both at the same time should kill whatever that can be disturbed that's left in me.

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-12 12:03:58

At 6/12/07 12:00 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
Aw man, I can't do that, it would ruin the song for me. Continious play is one thing I can't do. Spice it up with some Che.

Listened already.

I heard a ton of Suicide today.

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-12 13:04:08

At 4/7/07 11:57 PM, 0peth wrote:
At 4/7/07 11:51 PM, Gendo wrote:
My class would be like, "WHAT THE FUCK? THAT'S NOT CIARA OR MARIAH CAREY OR EMINEM".
Christ, that's awful.
I won't have to see them in 3 months.

More like 6 days.

Move around. Cry. Cry. Cry. Cry. Cry. Cry. Cry. This feeling, this is love, open your mouth, here is your money. Cry. Cry. Cry. This feels like--- cry. This feels good. Here's your money. Here's your money. Open your mouth. Here's your money. Open your mouth. Here's your money. Here's your money.

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-12 15:27:03

"Was Ist Ist" is a fantastically danceable song with a great clap-along chorus.

Ende Neu is truly an epic EN album.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-12 15:36:04

At 6/12/07 03:27 PM, Gendo wrote: "Was Ist Ist" is a fantastically danceable song with a great clap-along chorus.

Ende Neu is truly an epic EN album.

Do you recognize the lyrics I posted?

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-12 15:37:42

At 6/12/07 03:36 PM, 0peth wrote: Do you recognize the lyrics I posted?

Yes, "A Screw" minus the opening chants of "Keep your head on the ground" and "Push your ass up".

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-12 16:38:10

At 6/12/07 08:23 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I try to give Death metal and Grindcore, etc. a chance. I don't get most of it. I listen to Napalm Death, I can only tell two songs apart. :S

You, audiophile? Part of loving music is loving every genre, thus you are not so much an audiophile as you just love obscure stuff, and a lot of it.

Then again, the definition of an audiophile is someone who loves music, so my point is subjective.

The only Death I give a chance to are Aborym and Berzerker, because I can tell some of their stuff apart. According to record stores Fear Factory and Burzum too, but they are wrong, Burzum ain't made DM for years an while FF may take a cue or too, they are more Nu.

As a metalhead I must point some things out. Aborym isn't death metal, and the Berzerker is grindcore. Fear Factory is industrial metal (leaning on Nu as you said) and Burzum is black metal, which is way different then death metal.

It was all necessary.

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-12 17:05:00

I had "Frankie Teardrop" stuck my head all day, and I just listened to it twice in a row.

I can see where it garners comparisons to TG's "Hamburger Lady", but this little tune is far creepier IMO.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-12 19:07:25

At 6/12/07 06:56 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
and Burzum is black metal, which is way different then death metal.
So, is Black metal like, about mythological stuff?

More grunts and croaks.

Or to be more bland, different vocal styles.

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-12 19:07:27

At 6/12/07 06:56 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: So, is Black metal like, about mythological stuff?

Some is.

The rest is just about exceptionally poor weather and being grim.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-12 19:11:04

At 6/12/07 05:05 PM, Gendo wrote: I had "Frankie Teardrop" stuck my head all day, and I just listened to it twice in a row.

I can see where it garners comparisons to TG's "Hamburger Lady", but this little tune is far creepier IMO.

I still dont know why Hamburger Lady is considered creepy. If anything, Beachy Head was creepier.

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-12 19:13:30

At 6/12/07 07:11 PM, 0peth wrote: I still dont know why Hamburger Lady is considered creepy. If anything, Beachy Head was creepier.

I personally found "Hamburger Lady" quite dull, it does not hold up with multiple listens.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-12 19:14:50

At 6/12/07 07:13 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 6/12/07 07:11 PM, 0peth wrote: I still dont know why Hamburger Lady is considered creepy. If anything, Beachy Head was creepier.
I personally found "Hamburger Lady" quite dull, it does not hold up with multiple listens.

Exactly. It's incoherent as well.

Haaaaaammmmmmmmmmbuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrggggggggg errrrrrr ladddyyyyy.

*babble*

Not too much creativity involved.

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-12 20:33:10

At 6/12/07 06:56 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I love all music, but I can't tell half of the screaming stuff apart. Mabye I've heard bad stuff, it's kinda like how I can't tell most trance music apart, I don't hate it though. The only music I don't like is love songs, that's just because I'm bitter.

I like love songs, maybe because I am in love. Putting that aside, probably yes.

As a metalhead I must point some things out. Aborym isn't death metal,
They aren't? :(

No.

What are they, for future reference? I once heard someone refer to them as Black Metal.

That's it. Industrial Black Metal.

the Berzerker is grindcore.
Cybergrind, perhaps?

Same difference. But Cybergrind is more accurate, you know, looking (hearing) at the sound.

Fear Factory is industrial metal (leaning on Nu as you said)
I got something right! ^_^

Yuppsie doodles.

and Burzum is black metal, which is way different then death metal.
So, is Black metal like, about mythological stuff?

Black metal is like this:

It has paper-thin guitars usually with lots of treble. It is tuned in standard tuning and isn't heavy in the sense that a death metal band is.

Vocals are different, death vocals are grunts, like Orcs, while black metal vocals are screams like tortured people.

Also most black metal is silly while only some death metal is silly.

Also, subjective.

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-13 00:55:23

Fear Factory's first album, SOANM, was total death metal with industrial elements. They had to stop playing that style though because Burton's voice couldn't handle it, so they later leaned towards the industrial/melodic style.

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-13 09:15:17

At 6/13/07 01:19 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: K, I can kinda see a difference in my head. I don't really get the Grindcore/Death metal difference though.

Ok, you may not like this one. Grindcore is basically a hybrid of death metal and hardcore punk, which I know you'll tell me punk isn't really a music genre, but I need to call it something.

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-13 11:15:24

At 6/13/07 11:12 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I conceed that Hardcore Punk is a genre, not regular Punk though.

Ok.

So, I may not have heard any authentic Death Metal? That is a little sad for me. :(

Well, if you want to start, I could recommend you some easier listening stuff.

Basically bands like:

Death
Atheist
Cynic

Those are three I like to start people on because they show the technical and good side of death metal.

BACK TO INDUSTRIAL!@

Swans win.

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-13 14:56:18

At 6/13/07 12:55 AM, MAYORMCHEESE wrote: Fear Factory's first album, SOANM, was total death metal with industrial elements. They had to stop playing that style though because Burton's voice couldn't handle it, so they later leaned towards the industrial/melodic style.

I loved SOANM (and Fear is The Mindkiller), but most of their other stuff is total balls.

A few songs are amazing ("Zero Signal" , their cover of "Cars", "Frequency", "Edge Crusher" and just about anything on Remanufacture), but I just plain dislike the majority of their material.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-13 16:31:19

At 6/13/07 01:19 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
K, I can kinda see a difference in my head. I don't really get the Grindcore/Death metal difference though.

It's really hard to describe the differences thoroughly, since these days grind's been mixing with death metal, and vice versa, but back when both genres started they were completely different from one another. It's more or less to do with how both genres started in different scenes. Death, Possessed, Deicide and the like were all intervened with the underground thrash/speed metal movement at the time. Early grind bands like Napalm Death, Agathocles and Extreme Noise Terror played shows and had former members of various hardcore punk/crust groups.

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-14 19:13:38

At 6/14/07 05:23 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I've seen them twice and I always hope that Numan will come and join them for Cars, or they will just do it without him. Never happens. :(

That would be the best thing ever.

I doubt that they will repeat the performance together on stage again. :(

Sad but true.

Come to think of it, I've seen Numan twice, neither time was Cars played.

He's likely trying to distance himself from it in order to get people to take him a bit more seriously.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-15 20:55:36

At 6/15/07 04:24 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I'm not too keen on his new stuff, as often it is too murky to sound unique and very rarely can I tell a song apart,

I need to have the tracklist at all times to know what song is what.

but when he does Down In The Park in his new style. Woah!

Oh yeah, that's for damn sure.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-15 21:17:29

My brother graduated from Junior High today.

High school for him in September.

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2007-06-15 21:33:23

At 6/15/07 09:17 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: My brother graduated from Junior High today.

High school for him in September.

I graduate on Friday.

BBS Signature