00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

blakenator9872 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why do you believe in god?

3,724 Views | 89 Replies

Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-08 23:48:06

This isn't an athiest topic, i believe in god. But why do you(or why don't you) believe in god? I simply believe in god because it seems logical, we all had a beginning somewhere..we didn't just pop up from nowhere. But sometimes i ask myself if thats really why i believe in god. Maybe i just believe in god because i don't want to goto hell.
"Better to have a gun and not need it, then need it and not have it"

religion ftw

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-08 23:50:47

I think many people believe in God because they want some way to justify their presence as higher-level thinking beings; being who are able to contemplate their position in life and the world.

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-08 23:51:54

I agree with your views. I was basically force fed Christianity and its impossible for me to change to anything else. Im scared of going to hell.

Thanks to Turkeybean for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-08 23:52:52

I believe that ALL gods exist somewhere (probably in people's mind and heart), but I will never pray any of them, and I never did.

Praying is for pussies !

I'm making Signatures and Profile pictures. Want one ? Just drop by in my profile and do a request !

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-08 23:53:15

Welcome to a topic about religion on the internet. Let's see how long this goes before we start blaming every problem in the world on Christians.

I used to be relevant.

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-08 23:53:44

"Beliving is in a religion is beliving in something you know ain't true." -Mark Twain.

That answer your question?

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-08 23:53:50

Praying is for pussies !

Wow, well theres a lot of pussies in this world then.

Oh, and I think this should be in politics.

Thanks to Turkeybean for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-08 23:55:15

Because aliens imprinted our brains with synthetic beliefs in order to gain control over our destiny.

Sci-fi ftw

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-08 23:57:03

GOD THREADS ARE DEEP

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-08 23:58:01

I don't beleive in god. The bible is and always was just a fucking book. Nothing more. Just a book made to convince the people of that time that they should have hope for life and not just end it because it gets hard. God is not real, and I will not go into explaining how existence was created, because then how was god himself created? From nothing? That means everything came from nothing. Besides the fact, I'm not going to argue with a bunch of bull-headed single minded religious sheep. Beleive in god all you want, it doesn't make him any more real.

skittles

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-08 23:59:49

At 2/8/07 11:51 PM, HaveUbeenFooFighting wrote: Im scared of going to hell.

Would you say your scared as hell (HAAW HAAWWWW HAWWWW I MADE A FUNNY!)

As for the topic at hand.

I dont beilive in god becuase its seems logical. We all started somewhere, true, but I feel that the universe has always exsisted and will always exsist (please dont make me explain my version of why of the universe is expanding, its way to long) just as Im sure most of you god beilvers feel that god has always exsisted and will always exsist.

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:00:16

At 2/8/07 11:53 PM, HaveUbeenFooFighting wrote:
Praying is for pussies !

Yeah I know, people should be ashamed...
I don't understand why people are praying, if you want something work for it, do you really need a "god" to hold your hand all your life ?

I know I don't...

I'm making Signatures and Profile pictures. Want one ? Just drop by in my profile and do a request !

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:01:56

what is love? baby don't hurt me
don't hurt me
no more

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:02:40

At 2/8/07 11:48 PM, Genocide wrote: I simply believe in god because it seems logical

If it's logical to believe in your god; is it logical to believe in any other form of god?

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:03:52

At 2/8/07 11:53 PM, scottmale24 wrote: Welcome to a topic about religion on the internet. Let's see how long this goes before we start blaming every problem in the world on Christians.

Don't forget the Muslims.

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:04:16

At 2/9/07 12:02 AM, wwwyzzerdd wrote:
At 2/8/07 11:48 PM, Genocide wrote: I simply believe in god because it seems logical
If it's logical to believe in your god; is it logical to believe in any other form of god?

You truly our the biggest arse-hole ever, huh?

gewd 4 u

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:04:46

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!?!!?

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:05:52

I think god is a giant turtle who works at 7 eleven.

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:06:53

At 2/9/07 12:00 AM, Dalario wrote:
At 2/8/07 11:53 PM, HaveUbeenFooFighting wrote:
Praying is for pussies !

Yeah I know, people should be ashamed...
I don't understand why people are praying, if you want something work for it, do you really need a "god" to hold your hand all your life ?
I know I don't...

But what if you are wrong? What if its true? Enjoy your hell, sir. Our life on earth is limited, but the "afterlife" will be eternal. So if there is a afterlife, and there is a hell, was it really worth eternal damnation of suffering just to disbelieve in something taught to us?

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:08:38

I don`t believe in god because after 17 years of life I have found no evidence of his existence.

I also can`t believe in something I think was written by people in order to submit others to do whatever needs the first had.

I also can`t believe in something like this when the people that follow it are so abusive about other religion/believes. Why is it so hard to be a scientologist ? It`s the same type of delusion, just another icon to believe in.

In my opinion is a problem. Believing in god is a big problem.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:09:11

At 2/8/07 11:58 PM, Advent-Sinner wrote: That means everything came from nothing.

Well if you believe in evolutuion, it still means everything came from nothing.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:13:38

At 2/9/07 12:04 AM, Slapdamonkeyaz wrote: You truly our the biggest arse-hole ever, huh?

I could've posted my opinion on beliving that some invisible force is sitting in the clouds, giving you orders through someone who builds a temple and barks orders at you in return for 10% of your income, and if you do not follow the orders given to you (even if you're just told so with no proof from any scripture that what you've been told is the word of a higher being), you will be allowed to burn in a fiery pit of doom and chaos, only to suffer for eternity; but HEY! God loves you!

If that's logical, then I should be given a million dollars. Why? No reason at all; I just want a million dollars.

That's how "logical" religion is to me. Obviously though, everyone has a right to think what they want (no matter how skewed or incorrect it is).

THAT would be me being an asshole.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:15:27

At 2/9/07 12:06 AM, Genocide wrote:
But what if you are wrong? What if its true? Enjoy your hell, sir. Our life on earth is limited, but the "afterlife" will be eternal. So if there is a afterlife, and there is a hell, was it really worth eternal damnation of suffering just to disbelieve in something taught to us?

what kind of god would damn people to suffering for eternity? the bible is such silly made up garbage I can't even believe what I've read of it. it's not even a good story book or moral guide as it practially encourages murder and rape at times.

that is all I'm done here.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:15:28

At 2/9/07 12:02 AM, wwwyzzerdd wrote:

The words "logical" and "god" should never be uttered in the same sentence, they're mutually exclusive concepts (just read Hitch-hiker's guide).

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:16:09

hmm.. im actually not sure i believe in god. my parents are pressuring me... really bad... and they dont know i doubt god.... but i doubt him

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:17:48

There are no scientific studies to ever imply that God, as a deity, exists at all. The same can be assumed about giant, pink elephants that cannot be seen, felt, or detected at all, but claiming they're there. Until you have anything to back your bullshit up besides, "HAVE FAITH!", please don't fling "rationality" as a justification for it.

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:23:13

I believe in God because how else would you explain some of the mysteries and miracles in life. There are many things that can't have a logical explanation for. There are some things that you just have to trust your gut on.
For example, how do you explain someone being only days away from death and suddenly making a complete recovery. It baffles even the smartest of doctors. There have been numerous occasions like this.

Sigs are overrated.

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:31:44

At 2/9/07 12:27 AM, intrinsik2 wrote: I think people should keep in mind that justification and motivation are different things. The question "why" begs to address both of these forces.

People used to ask why all the time. Civilizations used to sacrifice thousands of lives building pyramids tapering to nothing. Then we discovered dinosaur bones, evolution, periodic ice ages, and asteroids that could potentially wipe all forms of land-based life off of whole continents.

Then all of man that weren't dumbasses went "Ooooooohhhhhhh..." and continued on with their petty bickering.

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:35:17

I'm just going to flat out say this: People who believe in "God" are complete morons.

There is no "God", there is no "Creator of all Life."

It's fucking science, it is not based upon my opinion regarding a creator; It is the simplicity of science.

WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you believe in god? 2007-02-09 00:40:39

At 2/9/07 12:36 AM, intrinsik2 wrote:
At 2/9/07 12:31 AM, Le-Baron wrote: People used to ask [. . .]
Could you elaborate on what that has to do with what I said?

I'd rather leave you to use your own head and not mine. If you havn't the mental capacity to link a message to a response, post on gaia online.