00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,516,455 Views | 29,934 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 10:58:57

At 11/13/06 10:31 AM, pepeatumi wrote: I remember it, I went to the WWE website and there it was... Eddie Guerrero, 1967-2005.

I think I saw it on Google, it was on the top news stories. I was shocked, but I didn't really feel it until the next episode of Raw. It felt like a real personal loss seeing the people talk about him, and seeing people like Trips cry.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 13:18:37

Hey, what ever hapenned to OJ? I wanted to boo him at the smackdown live event i went to.
Well since LordKooler posted his DVD collection some posts ago I think I will.

1. Raw Tenth Anniversary

2. D-Generation X DVD

3. WrestleMania 22 3 Disc Set

Thats all............ for now..........
And I realized something, when Vinnie pops Shane is taking his place not Triple H.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 15:06:25

hey did u guys no that steve austins got his own movie coming out?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 15:29:54

At 11/13/06 01:18 PM, The-DuDe-of-DuDes wrote: Hey, what ever hapenned to OJ? I wanted to boo him at the smackdown live event i went to.

He got released in May 26, 2006 for bringing an unauthorized person with him on the road and backstage at events.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 15:49:02

At 11/12/06 05:51 PM, MegaGold wrote:
At 11/12/06 03:29 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Some SS news...

The Kennedy-Taker match will now be a first blood match... And Carlito is still not a part of Survivor Series.
Hm, I think Keneddy will win and about Carlito not in Survivor Series, thank god.

When was the last time that you saw Taker losing 2 in a row against the same personn? Never! If Randy jobbed to him at Armageddon, there is no way that Kennedy would pick up another win at SS especially after he beat Taker to a bloody mess last Friday.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 20:01:26

im not being a hater. but who thinks that smackdown and ecw are kinda...running out of ideads latley. i mean that whole champion of champions thing...booker just killed it. they need to go back to booker t. and make matt hardy not suck anymore. also, i think the new ecw is good. its not "extreme" anymore. and finally, raw is the best (although my number 1 choice is TNA) but the whole male cheerleaders. like... dude. and edge and randy is pretty interesting. but i was hoping for cryme tyme or dx or highlangers to finally get the titles.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 20:03:24

oops i meant to say ecw is NOT that good.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 21:30:46

Yeah, with the old Taz..

;

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 21:40:31

At 11/13/06 03:06 PM, gizmo12345 wrote: hey did u guys no that steve austins got his own movie coming out?

Really? Who would've thought. Certainly not any WWE fan.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 21:43:02

(Sorry for the double post) WHO THE HECK ARE YOU??

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 23:50:41

At 11/13/06 05:40 AM, pepeatumi wrote: They had two. The other was a triple threat, Tazz-Rock-Angle and Tazz won (shocking I know). And feuds are not all about the matches, I'm pretty sure where there was an angle in which Kurt complained about how he never tapped because the tazzmission was an "illegal" move.

Feuds are about angles that lead to matches. Feuds are the personal issues that create interest in matches. If you're shooting angles and stuff between guys you're never going to put together...what the hell is the point? Two matches where there really isn't a blow off (a triple threat is not a fucking blow off when only two guys in it have an issue) to a feud, so I don't think you can then call that a feud, because a feud is a very specific thing, and Angle and Tazz had nowhere near that in WWE and it's insane that they didn't.

Eddie Guerrero was one of the finest wrestlers and performers in the history of the business. Eddie always could turn a bad angle into a good one, he busted his ass, and he gave you his best every day. We are poorer for his passing...in some ways it's still just not real to me, sometimes it feels like it was a million years ago, and sometimes it feels like it was yesterday. Eddie touched all our lives, and his legacy beyond his great performances is also that the WWE has instituted a better drug policy and health policy, and that has lead to some of these guys being better, they could still do a lot more, but it was a step in the right direction. I can't think of a better legacy for such a truly wonderful performer to have left.

Viva La Raza, I miss you every day Eddie.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-14 09:05:07

No offence, but you sound like you knew Eddie as your dad or something. EDDIE WHY DID YOU DIE GODDAMMIT?!??!?!!?!!!?!!?!?!!!?!?!?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-14 09:36:27

At 11/14/06 09:05 AM, The-DuDe-of-DuDes wrote: No offence, but you sound like you knew Eddie as your dad or something. EDDIE WHY DID YOU DIE GODDAMMIT?!??!?!!?!!!?!!?!?!!!?!?!?

Its called respect, its called admiration. Eddie was one of the few wrestlers who transcended the wrestling business, and he deserves respect for that... If you don't understand that... too bad, I guess.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-14 09:36:53

At 11/14/06 09:05 AM, The-DuDe-of-DuDes wrote: EDDIE WHY DID YOU DIE GODDAMMIT?!??!?!!?!!!?!!?!?!!!?!?!?

If he wasn't taking steroids in such heavy doses he would still be around. It's a shame he had to use them.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-14 09:43:54

Raw was enjoyable last night. I had a few laughs at the Squad's expense, and DX continues to be entertaining.

So... What was the point of having Nitro win the IC title last week only to lose it this week? Frequent title changes is a bad thing. It de-values the belt. I can see they are building up to a Ladder match and I think a Nitro/Jeff Ladder match would be pretty awesome but they should have just left the belt on Hardy and not gone through all this.

New Tag champs as well. Edge and orton now have gold again.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-14 09:55:42

At 11/14/06 09:43 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Raw was enjoyable last night. I had a few laughs at the Squad's expense, and DX continues to be entertaining.

Yeah. The only thing I really didn't like about it was that The Highlanders didn't pick up a win. That really bugged the hell out of me last night and it still kinda does today. I don't know if it's purpose was to inflate Kenny's ego more, it's working if that is the case.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-14 10:21:11

Just a little note for tonight's ECW. Tazz will ot be the color commentator on tonight's show.

Elijah Burke will handle the color commentary on ECW on Sci-Fi tomorrow. Tazz missed the WWE European tour and will not be able to work ECW this week because he "received treatment for a torn meniscus, a frayed collateral ligament, frayed cartilage and arthritis" last week. The injuries were the result of his in-ring days.

I like Tazz as a CC, so I'm hoping he doesn't miss a lot of shows. But who knows, maybe Burke will be a good color commentator.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-14 13:41:51

I want to use this post to give props to someone who hasn't gotten his due (In my opinion anyways) and that's the ECW champion The Big Show.

A lot of people (myself included) thought it was a horrible idea when Show was given the title after Van Dam's incident. But Show stepped up and answered the call. He's done all he can to help ECW, despite the fact that he is legitimately hurting right now. I knew Show was hurt, I had read the reports but it didn't dawn to me until last night... Big Show has only a couple of matches left in his body. He struggled getting out of the ring on RAW, you could tell he was hurting.

So again I'm here to give Big Show props. He had no reason to continue, he could have called it quits if he wanted to, but he stayed, risking his health in order to make ECW a legitimate brand of wrestling... There's a lot of Show haters out there, but he's literally given his body for the new ECW, and if you really think about it... Wasn't that part of what the old ECW was about? Sacrificing yourself for the fans?

You can love him, and you can hate him... But at the end of the day you have to respect the man for what's he's been doing for ECW, ever since he won the title on July 4th.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-14 16:05:30

I think tonight is a tremendous oppurtunity for Elijah Burke to try and get himself over and even show WWE a use for him after his in-ring days end. Much as I love Tazz on commentary, I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Burke can do here.

Show has really really worked hard for the new brand, and has literally given his body to establishing it and the championship. He's been having very good matches of late, and has been reported to have shown a tremendous attitude towards the locker room and the brand in general. I really feel bad for him that the last month or so of what will in all likelihood be his last main event push is going to be spent having bad matches and being in pain every time he works. Yeah, he has no one to blame but himself because he won't take care of himself, but still, he's tried very hard and it's a shame this is what he gets in return.

If I do see the PPV live, you can bet I'll be doing a "Thank You Big Show" chant when he drops the belt in the Chamber, which for his sake is hopefully quickly and with a minimum of new injury incurred.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-14 21:38:22

Y'know...

I don't think the WWE had anything to do with that Closed-down TNA show.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-14 23:18:33

Live ECW on Sci Fi Report Card for 11/14

That's right, an as it happens reaction this week. I'm watching the show as it happens. So let's get to it.

Lashley joins ECW and the EEC: This was a great segment, Paul Heyman and Big Show were really good here. They are both fantastic when they get together. I like that they tricked the crowd into believing it was Holly, and then Lashley came out of nowhere to nail him, it added to the surprise. Lashley spearing Show, signing the contract, and then holding up the title all served to make Lashley look like a star. The hot crowd here also added to the segment, no wonder WWE likes running internationally so much. Grade: A

Followup segment with Heyman and his goons: This was a great followup which saw a great explanation of why Paul E. would set himself up to get played like this (god, logic, who would have thought that might improve a show!!!). I also think Paul once again proves why he's the best figurehead of any of the shows, because he makes it seem like his show is seperate from others, and if somebody comes from the other show, they're an intruder. I really liked the touch about him saying he would lawyer up and fight the legality of the contract. Those little touches make the shows seem so much better to me, and helps keep interest in the angles. Grade: A

Punk over Knox via submission: Another week, another really good Punk vs. Knox match. Punk is just such a star for ECW right now, and the crowd utterly validated that fact. I also like how they're keeping the Knox Punk angle going, even though it's not building to PPV, it's at least giving Punk a reason to show up on the shows these days. Punk led this one, and continues to prove he's the future of the brand. Grade: A

Matt Striker segment: Oh wow...they remembered Striker still works here! Sadly, he's only used as a way to set up a Elimination Chamber package. How about maybe reminding us of his issue with The Sandman so we can get another match to promote for the PPV? Good package though. Grade: B

CM Punk promo: Punk has great presence, he really does. I like how he put over all his opponents as the top athletes in the world, put over the oppurtunity for the belt, and put himself over too. Everyone keeps saying it but it's true, CM Punk is a star on the rise, and as long as they keep making really good use of him like this, there's no limit to how far he can go. Grade: A

Tommy Dreamer over Daivari via DQ: It's good that they're putting Davari in there with non-cruiserweights, there's no point in giving Davari all this TV time if all he's going to do is fight cruisers, of course, it seems like all they want to talk about at the end of his matches anyway is the one move Khali did. A formula is developing here, and it's a pretty crappy one that has neither Khali nor Davari really going anywhere for now. Hopefully in another week or two they'll find a program for him...they really shouldn't even be putting things on TV at this point that don't help build to the PPV, but that's WWE for you these days. Grade: B-

Lashley over Holly via DQ: I enjoyed this match, Lashley showed he can have good matches with someone other then Finley. I just enjoy the stiff kind of stuff Holly does, and Lashley can keep right up with it. I don't like DQ finishes, but this one was good as the Elimination Chamber participants came out to clear house on the heels. It's long overdue to really have the faces in control, and the crowd ate it up. They made Lashley come off like a legit top level guy, and just cemented what I said when I first heard about this, Lashley is a great pickup for ECW. Grade: A

Overall: Really good show tonight I thought, they started strong, and gave us three good matches, the Davari bouts are beginning to drag the show down. I thought Burke did very good on commentary this week, I think he found a good balance between putting himself over, and actually calling the show. It was a really entertaining show overall, and I think they did a good job getting an interesting new character over, the crowd was hot, but hopefully they start putting some stuff together for this PPV. We're no longer at the point where you can judge the shows by just them being good or bad, they need to make people want to spend 40 bucks for a PPV. Overall grade: A-

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-14 23:44:33

Alrighty, my Firefox has been annoying me w/ the 'illegal operation' crap ever since the comp was fixed (which occurs the most with this site), and since getting offline while I type doesn't seem to work, I'm typing this on my WordPad, roffle. Anyway, before I'm horribly late again:

Assi9's SD Blah-Blah-Blah
I wrote down far less, in order to be able to enjoy the show for a change, lol.

The King gets screwed again!
He gets lulled into a false sense of security by Teddy Long & some photoshooters, and ends up in a match with Bobby Lashley! NYAH-NYAH! But Lashley loses anyway, thanks to his bi........er, wife.

M.V.P. also gets screwed!
STREET FIGHT!!! He just HAD to say he grew up fighting in the streets, and now he gets stuck fighting Kane in the street! GIANT FUCKING ROFFLE.

I can't wait to see Kane toss his worthless ass through the windshield of a car, can you?

Chavo & Benoit have another 'chat'
Benoit mentions "Eddie's estate"; I'm guessing it might have something to do with a will.....only time will tell. This just got a little interesting for a change.

Tag Match: Matt Hardy & Jimmy Wang Yang vs Gregory Helms & Sylvan
Cole made an unintentional referrence to J.B.L. about him & Farooq; Mikey's gotten sharper with J.B.L. around, hasn't he? Lol. So what if he's a Chineese redneck? He can have a girl that hot if he wantsta'. He's just jealous.

Anyway, did anyone pay close attention to that Twist of Fate from the top rope Matt pulled off? Right on the head, man! THIS IS WHAT THE FANS HAVE BEEN WANTING TO SEE OUT OF MATT FOR A WHILE; I'm glad that the writers're finally giving him a push, here.

Ken calls out The Dead Man
FOR ONCE, he finally got the drop on Taker - with mic shots to the skull. Several shots. Repeatedly.

RULE #1: NEVER CRACK OPEN TAKER'S SKULL; YOU'RE SIGNING YOUR DEATH WARRANT!

Ooooooooooooh, was HE ever pissed......he gonna' go bye-bye.

Chris Benoit vs K.C. James
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, the good ol' 2 Moves of Sheer Torture (the Flying Headbutt & the Crossface); look, I know many of you get annoyed with predictable moves - like Cena's 4 - being used, but DON'T TELL ME YA' DON'T LIKE TO SEE SOMEONE GET THE FLYING HEADBUTT, THEN FOLLOWED BY A CROSSFACE!? COME ON! YA' KNOW YA' LIKES IT!

Boogeyman vs a noob named T.J. Dalton
T.J. go boom. And then 'da worms.......

I hope I didn't see Wright spit them in this guy's mouth, like Krystal........yecch.

The Miz challenges Boogeyman........roffle
This oughtta' be loads o' fun, don't ya' think? AND BULLSHIT; YOU DID LEAVE POOR KRYSTAL HANGING, MIZANIN - TWICE!

Now it's his turn to taste that which is worm spit.............I just made myself slightly sick.

Batista vs Finlay
Oh, does Finlay ever get pwned in this match! The only time he managed to get the upper hand, he needed The Lil' Bastard to deliver a Low Blow with his shellaligh - and Batista had knocked the crap out of him by that point. The King tried to help, only to have Finlay turned into a projectile! 2-for-1 PWNAGE PACKAGE DEAL! (Hey, I like that one; I'll have to remember that...)

I think I did pretty good this time; I guess I just have to cut down on the length of my notes. Ok, hopefully the Firefox'll let me do a little catching up on the last several days. ^_^

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-14 23:51:12

Damn, I didn't do the HTML 'bold' & 'underline' tags before I posted; oh, well. I'm jst glad I finally posted after several failed attempts during the last couple days.

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-15 08:11:10

At 11/14/06 01:41 PM, pepeatumi wrote: I want to use this post to give props to someone who hasn't gotten his due (In my opinion anyways) and that's the ECW champion The Big Show.

I'll agree with you here. At first I wasn't for Show getting the ECW title instead of an original worker, but he has done everything in his power to be a team player and put the rand and the title over. He does deserve credit for all his hard work.

I forgot to mention that one of my favorite parts of Raw was when HBK and Cryme Time did the Airplane bit. I couldn't help but laugh.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-15 13:16:41

I have more respect for Latino Heat than you do pepeatumi. Pep stop acting like the king of the world. YOU ARE NOT SMARTER THAN THE REST OF US. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR TANNED HEAD!!!!!!!!! Oh and FYI, Kisame, he didn't die BECAUSE of steroids, steroids only contributed to it. OH YEA!!!! SD VS RAW 07 FOR 10 DOLLARS (CDN) NEW!!!!! Oh yea! Oh yeA!! BIRTHDAYS RULE!!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-15 20:40:19

actually DoD, to my mind you're the one that was rude to pep here. He was trying to show respect for someone he respected and enjoyed watching perform who passed away far too soon. You were the one being rude to him and crapping on that it seems. I suggest you calm down a bit and learn how to play well with others or I think it's safe to say you won't be welcome in this topic.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-15 20:51:46

DoD not allowed in here anymore is a good idea. No offence to you, Dude o' Dudes, but you change topics way to fast and don' t respect others thoughts. They were comme...

Last time I did this, I was banned. So I'll stop now.

I got a question... I complety forget who Cold 2 Scorpio is... could someone refresh me?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-15 21:02:43

At 11/15/06 08:51 PM, Slapdamonkey wrote:
I got a question... I complety forget who Cold 2 Scorpio is... could someone refresh me?

2 Cold Scorpio aka Flash Funk is (was I guess) one of the most innovative and high risk wrestlers of the past 10 to 15 years. He was the first american wrestler to use the 450 Splash. He's been in ECW, WCW and WWF, he won the ECW World Television championship 4 times and he won the tag team titles once with The Sandman... I'm not sure if it was with the Sandman, but I'm sure Avie will correct it if I'm wrong.

In the WWF, he was nowhere near as succesful, mostly due to the WWF giving him a dumb gimmick (dumb gimmicks in the WWF/E? how can that be) where he was called Flash Funk... he was accompanied to the ring by The Funkettes (I wish I was making this up). The only match I remmeber of his in the WWF was one he had against Sabu when ECW and the WWF were cross-promoting.

He's also wrestled in Japan, and he had quite a succesful career over there. Apart from the 450, Scorpio also had some other high-flying moves including a corkscrew legdrop and moonsault leg drop. He was one of my favorites growing up mostly because most of the moves he had I'd never seen before.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-15 21:30:29

At 11/15/06 08:51 PM, Slapdamonkey wrote: DoD not allowed in here anymore is a good idea. No offence to you, Dude o' Dudes, but you change topics way to fast and don' t respect others thoughts. They were comme...

Last time I did this, I was banned. So I'll stop now.

2 Cold Scorpio is one of wrestling's best high-flyers. He invented the 450 Splash and is one of the most underrated wrestlers of all time. Go here, here, and here if you want to learn more about 2 Cold Scorpio. Scorpio was born on October 25, 1965 in Denver, Colorado. He was trained by Mike Starr and made his debut in 1985 (His bio on puroresufan says that he made his debut in 1987). Scorpio went to WCW in the early 1990's as Ron Simmons' mystery partner on an episode of Clash of the Champions. He held the WCW Tag Team Championship with Buff Bagwell and had a great match with Chris Benoit at Superbrawl III during his stint in WCW. Then he went to ECW where he enjoyed 4 reigns as ECW Television Champion and one reign as ECW Tag Team Champion with the Sandman. Then he went to WWE and got repackaged as Flash Funk which got inducted into Wrestlecrap. He was released by WWE around the time of Wrestlemania 15 after a blow up with his wife. After that, Scorpio went to Japan and toured with Pro Wrestling NOAH where he held the GHC Tag Team Championship twice with Vader & Doug Williams and also held the GHC Openweight Hardcore Championship until he lost the belt to Kentaro Shiga on September 3rd in Nagoya, Japan. Now that he's back in WWE, 2 Cold Scorpio will use the Flash Funk gimmick again and will be put on the SmackDown! brand. Even though WWE has the 450 Splash banned, Do you think WWE will allow Scorpio to use the 450 Splash?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-15 21:33:54

Damn, The link I posted for 2 Cold Scorpio's wikipedia article is an incorrect link. Here is the correct link.

BBS Signature