00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RYKEO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,533,714 Views | 29,940 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-17 00:13:56

Let me say first of all... I now respect Umaga more than before. You could tell that Steve-O was laughing after Umaga beat him up, Umaga took offense to this and went on to deliver some stiff hits to poor Steve, in other words, don't make fun of wrestling or the wrestlers, they don't like that.

And how about Cryme Tyme, they weren't great but they didn't stink it up either, there's a lot of potential there. And it also looks like Kenny is going to be the one that leaves the Spirit Squad (it shouldn't be a surprise).

Federline sold he F-U as is he had been killed, undortunately for us, he wasn't.

Two more things, Steve-o and Pontius from Jackass... Wasn't TNA promoting that movie? And why is the WWE doing the same thing...

Also, Vote for Cena to put his belt on the line,,, there's no limit on the voting.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-17 00:43:44

At 10/17/06 12:13 AM, pepeatumi wrote:
Also, Vote for Cena to put his belt on the line,,, there's no limit on the voting.

Usually, you have to clear your cookies to make that work. They've just gotten super lazy at this point. Remember children, we are attempting to protect Brother Show and the sacred ECW title from the clutches of any unworthy WWE comptetitors. Brother Rob is the annointed one damn it, and we will not have that fucked up by the interlopers. In the name of Funker, the Sabu, and the Holy Heyman, I vow it!!!

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-17 00:52:33

At 10/17/06 12:43 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
Usually, you have to clear your cookies to make that work. They've just gotten super lazy at this point. Remember children, we are attempting to protect Brother Show and the sacred ECW title from the clutches of any unworthy WWE comptetitors. Brother Rob is the annointed one damn it, and we will not have that fucked up by the interlopers. In the name of Funker, the Sabu, and the Holy Heyman, I vow it!!!

Let me borrow a line from Vince Mcmahon.... There's no chance in hell that the ECW title will be on the line at Cyber Sunday. I've already voted between 25 to 30 times (and countng) for the WWE title... I know Cena would more than likely retain but that's not as important in this case... I wouldn't want the WWE to do something stupid like actually have Show drop the title.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-17 01:43:01

On the Cyber Sunday thing on WWE.com, I voted for the WWE Title to be on the line in the Cena/Booker/Big Show Three Way match because I don't want to see Cena win the World Heavyweight Championship or the ECW Championship. I also voted for Eric Bischoff to be the special referee in the DX vs Orton & Edge match because I don't want to see the DX/McMahon feud continue.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-17 03:38:50

I think it was an awesome raw tonight. DAMN! nooo steve-o!!! i hope he didn't get injured from that splash. lol that just made k-fed look bad. THat's gonna hurt his rep. And i like randy orton and edge making fun of Dx. I liked crime time. One guy looked like 50-cent.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-17 03:46:57

From the way it's looking, unless they announce the Triple Threat bout as being no DQ or count out, then I see this being a situation where there's a run in, and they don't put any champion over the others. Which is really probably the best way to go here, there's been so much time put into Show being "unbeatable" that when he does finally go down, it should be against someone from the ECW brand getting that rub. Book might be able to absorb the loss personally, but it hurts his brand by comparison I think, ditto on Cena. So the easy route here is to not have anybody get the actual win...still though, I'll be pulling for Show the whole way to prove ECW's dominance.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-17 07:03:59

If they really wanted to book Show as "unbeatable" why did they make him lose to DX?

I thought it was funny when Booker got his wallet stolen.

What I find funny about the apperance of some of these celebities is the fact that they called them A-list stars. Nitro said it of k-Fed, and wwe.com said it of Steve-O. Which makes me go.... AHAHAHAHAHA! Steve-O and k-Fed are not A-list stars. But it was fun to see them get beat up. Steve-O sure looked like he enjoyed being beaten as he kept right on laughing.

Having Randy lose has hurt things badly for he and Edge. They need some wins to gain momentum and to show us that they can compete with DX and not be made into a joke. All four of these guys are former champs and the younger are being made to look stupid.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-17 09:37:13

At 10/17/06 07:03 AM, Outlaw88 wrote:
I thought it was funny when Booker got his wallet stolen.

Best part about that segment was Booker going... I don't speak Ebonics! And once he realized that his wallet had been stolen he reverted back into the old Booker T, something he should do more often.

Also, I agree with lordKooler, I'm voting for Bischoff to be the special refeeree because I don't want to see the Mcmahon-DX feud continue and I just don't like Coach so Bischoff wins by default.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-17 10:28:52

I've been thinking... maybe we should vote for the ECW title to be on the line at Cyber Sunday... The WWE creative team isn't going to do anything unbelievable like say letting someone drop their title, so let's just vote for the ECW ttile, have Big Show win and prove that ECW is the better of the three brands... just a thought.

Also Carlito wrestled Conway last night... More proof that if you're not Cena/Edge/Orton or DX, then the WWE doesn't care about you... I see Carlito on a different brand sooner than later.

And to finish this mini-rant, although the fatal-four way last night was good, I have to say I have a problem with something... Anyone remember when the IC title meant something? Wrestlemania III, the WWE always shows Hogan slamming Andre, even though the best match on the card (and one of the best ever) was Steamboat-Savage for... you guessed it, the IC title. Anyone remember Summerslam not too long ago? HHH vs The Rock in a ladder match stole the show, what title was on the line? The IC title. Bret hart, Savage, Michaels, Austin, HHH all had the IC title and then were built up to main-eventers, something that doesn't happen nowadays. We got people loke Carlito and Shelton with unlimited potential and charisma (The charisma applies to Carlito more than Shelton) being buried while the same people are in the main events.

Anyone here remember how the Razor Ramon-HBK feud for the IC title started? I'll remind you, Shawn was suspended by the WWF and was stripped of the title, Razor won a tournament and became the IC champion. HBK comes back claims he never lost the belt (which he didn't) and afer months they have themselves THE Ladder Match at Wrestlemania X.

Fast Forward to today, how did the Nitro-hardy feud go? Hel has belt, face wants it, heel wins two or three times and the face ultimately wins it... Same storyline we've seen for the past 4 years with the IC (and the US) title... IN other words stop pushing the same people and pretending like the WWE title is the only thing that matters, its not it used to be that the feuds for the IC title were always the best thing about wrestling. With the talent in the mid-card it should be that way but Vince doesn't want it.. because he's an asshole plain and simple.

And as a side note... The WWE title IS horrible it is a slap on the face of all the legends of wrestling and that spinner belt should be done with..

I know no one's actually going to read this, but I just felt like saying all of this stuff.

And sorry for the double post.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-17 10:50:01

do you lot think that CS will replace taboo tuesday? either way, hope it turns out to be a good PPV. wrestling school tomorrow for me lol.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-17 18:04:30

Has anyone else seen this?

http://www.newground..m/portal/view/344498

Definitely worth a look.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-17 18:35:11

At 10/17/06 12:43 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:

Well, Luckly for you, I voted for the WHC to be put on the line. Didn't want to vote for my Boy Cena.

Anyway, Cryme Time was awesome last nice, and So was Candice Michelle! (She pulled some sweet moves yesterday). Maria had some sweet moves, too. Must've been training with CM Punk.

Check It: vote for your favorite Mr. Kennedy Shirt. They're all rather bland IMO.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-17 18:52:58

I have some TNA news.

- WWE has sent a legal letter to Kurt Angle concerning the use of the phrases "Angle Lock", "The Wrestling Machine" and "The Machine" by TNA. Also, while Angle can wear a mouthpiece, it cannot have "The Machine" written on it. Angle responded by saying he always thought the move was just called the ankle lock.

- Friends of Monty Brown say that his contract expired at the end of September and that he is not going to sign a new one. Dixie Carter is still trying to work out a deal with him, while Brown himself is still considering whether or not to approach WWE for work. Brown feels that he was lied to by TNA, since he was promised a title run and it went to Christian Cage instead. The other problem is the same old story of TNA liking Brown and wanting him to improve by working indie shows, while Brown doesn't want that because it interferes with his lucrative day job as a personal trainer.

- Christy Hemme has asked to be a manager, so TNA is going to get a new woman to do the bumpers. They are also interviewing some Puerto Rican women to add to LAX.

- The original booking plans were to see Jeff Jarrett taking a four-month sabbatical and return as a babyface. He will now only take a few weeks off instead. The plan is to play the sympathy card, perhaps using his wife, who has been fighting cancer for a few years now. He is expected to be allied with the James Gang.

- Jarrett also recently had a backstage confrontation with Konnan, who was demanding a raise. Jarrett and TNA want Konnan to sign one of their new contracts, which sees the promotion handling indie bookings for the talent, but Konnan wants to retain control over his Mexican appearances. Konnan knows that his stock has increased now he is managing LAX, doing Spanish announcing and setting up big Mexican dates like the Arena Monterrey show. He has been offered the raise but the issue of his Mexican bookings is still up in the air.

- The future of Ron Killings' proposed BET stable is uncertian. Terry Taylor suggested that they get Prince Nana to join, but Killings didn't want him and suggested Monty Brown instead. As noted, Brown is unlikely to be used again. Killings then suggested Orlando Jordan, but TNA are reluctant to bring in someone who bombed in WWE. Vince Russo is a fan of Elix Skipper, so he may be moved out of the Diamonds in the Rough to work with Killings instead.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-17 19:16:54

I wish I could've seen K-Fed get F-Ued.........even though I never found out why he has a bad rep.......(pleez don't flame me!)......... Also, I want Bischoff as the guest ref for the CS match, just to spite Vince, tee-hee.

At 10/16/06 09:41 PM, pepeatumi wrote: They're two different people... Joey Styles is the announcer for ECW. AJ Styles is the one in Redface's sig and he's a TNA/ROH wrestler.

Whoops - my mistake. Makes more sense now. Are they related?

Noooooooooooowwww, luckily not as late as the last few times:

Assi9's SD Blah-Blah-Blah
A veddy good night, indeed. ^_^

!!!!!!!!!!CHRIS BENOIT!!!!!!!!!!vs Mr. Kennedy
BENOIT'S BACK! BENOIT'S BACK! BENOIT'S BACK! BENOIT'S BACK! BENOIT'S BACK! BENOIT'S BACK! BENOIT'S BACK! BENPIT'S BACK! BENOIT'S BACK! BENOIT'S BACK!

Did I mention that Benoit's back!? ^_^

I didn't see No Mercy, so I had no idea that.......well, actually, I had some idea - why else would he be in the opening creds for the last couple weeks (ever since they started the partially animated opening), if he wasn't coming back? Either way, I was ecstatic. ^_^ And of course, he beat Mr Kennedy & won (IMO, back) the US Title!!!! Ahhhhh, how I miss the bloodiness he delivered with his matches..........the Crossface...........the Sharpshooter........the trademark toothless grin............feels like old times.........

Of course, ya' can't forget Taker's role.............^_^ NYAH-NYAH!

Rabid Wolverines & Dead Men, FTW!

Cole, in referrence to JBL saying it's a conspiracy for Ken to go through the match: "It's a conspiracy that you're an announcer."

JBL says absolutely nothing in responsee.........priceless!

Oh, and Cole says another great line worthy of mention:

William Regal vs Vito
Poor Regal seems to have had a bad evening at No Mercy, hasn't he? As such, he approached the ring extremely pissed, and did rough up our transvestite wrestler a bit - but he still lost (by the creepiest move in wrestling history, of course). And what's this about revealing his 'sausage & nuts' to the fans? Didn't he just do his flashing routine like usual? Must've missed something somewhere.......

M.V.P.'s SD debut.........oh, goodie........
"POWER RANGER! POWER RANGER!", go the fans. At first, I didn't know what they were chanting, until Mike Cole brought it up. Anyway, after his usual blah-blah-blah (lol, I punned myself), guess who makes him eat his words...........

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE! Of course, M.V.Pussy-Whipped makes hillarious attempts at stalling The Big Red Monster. FAILED! He ends up running away the pussy that he is. YOU CAN'T PUT UP, SO SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Rey Mysterio vs Jamie Noble
What's this I hear about Kid Kash being released? Anyway, Chavhole & Bitchie have to watch...............no offense to your wife, Eddie....... Rey wins, and Chavo whines, but it wasn't necessary for Vickie to say that Eddie has balls (surprised that wasn't bleeped on broadcast TV......) & Rey doesn't........ Hopefully, the I Quit Match at Cyber Sunday will result in Chavo quitting again, and STAYING GONE THIS TIME. And take Vickie with ya'!

Mareyse again
So what, are you wrestling as a Diva eventually or not? All else I can say is, Nice Cleavage! ^_^

The Hooligans & Jimmy Wang Yang (he's my boy! YEEHAW!) vs The Teacher's Pets & Sylvan
FRINALLY - Yang pins Sylvan! Geez - I thought the writers were gonna' pull another Tatanka! Paul London seems to love Yang's gimmick - he 'YEEHAW!'-ed a few times himself. As usual, both London & Yang do more impressive moves.......maybe Yang should replace Kendrick.

Triple-Threat for #1 Contender spot against King Booker: Lashley vs Batista vs Finlay

I had paid a great deal of attention to this match.

LET THE CHAOS ENSUE! The King & Queen on commentary. After a moment, the King digresses back to original-recipe Booker - which was definitely refreshing to my ears. Sounds like he reverted on RAW for a moment, too. Good - DROP THE GODDAMN KING ACT! Anyway, where was I........oh, yes - CHAOS!

Everyone's favorite leprechaun tackles the ref, and Lashley sees an opportunity to shut The Lil' Bastard up.........and Clotheslines Finlay on the way! CLUNK! Batista gets his arm driven into the ol' steel pole, and he responds by chucking heads into the steel steps! DOUBLE-CLUNK! When he takes the top off of the announce table, he pays for it by getting not a single, but a DOUBLE POWER BOMB...........or was it a Spinebuster? I forget which........through it! He stays down for quite a while; in the meantime, Lashley gets Celtic Crossed. Batista eventually wakes up, but gets taken back down briefly........and then he gets BACK up again & Spears Lashley out of nowhere, straight out of Lashley's own playbook! Finlay gets up, & the leprechaun gets him a steel chair.......only to get busted by The Animal..........uh-oh! REJECTED! But Finlay gets the shellaligh out........but that fails too, and he walks right into a Spinebuster! REJECTED AGAIN! The the ol' Batista Bomb seals it! The winner: The Animal! Booker gets old-school even more in disgust, and even more so when Cole tells him that Cena & Show will be watching him during next week's (well, now this week's) match! THE KING GETS ROYALLY SCREWED AGAIN! I loves it.

A great night, overall - SD seems to be actually getting better.

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-17 21:52:03

At 10/17/06 06:04 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Has anyone else seen this?

http://www.newground..m/portal/view/344498

Definitely worth a look.

I like the first one better. But, it is worth a look.

And a vote...

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-18 00:38:19

Report Card for ECW on Sci Fi for 10/17

I was hoping we'd get a solid edition of ECW on Sci Fi this week after the universally panned show from last week. We had a solid as hell show on paper, and I was hoping that would translate over into the TV product. I think it was a good show, the start certainly was an ill omen for the night, but it definitely got better as it went along, translating into another solid week that made me happy and proud to still be an ECW fan. Let's break it down:

Sandman over Striker in the SOP match via count out: I understand why they did this finish, but it still came off as horribly lame to me. To have Striker get counted out in a match where weapons are legal seems illogical, and they really gave this one no time to get going. Striker looked good for what there was of it, and I like that he used the smart psychology of working the leg. I understand they want this angle to go as long as they can since I'm sure they want to pay it off on PPV, and I don't blame them for that, but when you put a big stip like this on a show, and then essentially screw the fans, it does nothing to really help the interest level. Grade: D

CM Punk over Rene Dupree via submission: Well, after the bad taste our previous contest left in my mouth, I looked to this match to give me some relief, and for what it was? It absolutely did. I've said before I feel Dupree has been vastly underutilized by WWE, and can be a strong mid-carder for them if they let him. They booked and paced this bout really well, Dupree stayed on offense for most of it, showing off what he can do, and then Punk showed how quick and dangerous his Anaconda Vice is by slapping it on from nowhere to get the victory. Wish it got more time though. Also like the Mike Knox run in at the end, they've been doing a very good job of milking the tease for all it's worth, and I keep hearing Knox and Punk are having great matches on the house shows, very interested to see that feud progress. Grade: B+

RVD promo: Wow, that new interviewer Rebecca is smokin hot...um...right...RVD then. RVD isn't the most electrifying interview ever, but he's certainly a competent one, good for what you need him to do, though he needs to work on getting his point across more concisely I think...but you really can't single RVD out for slightly rambling in his promos, that's WWE in general these days. Grade: B

Test over Balls via pinfall: Test cut a pretty nice promo here, although I'm sure many long time ECW fans cringed a bit when he called himself the "Impact Player" of ECW. He certainly is drawing heat, and it's undeniable Test is making the most of his oppurtunity. I like how Balls came out and we got an impromptu match. Balls is another ECW original who has really benefited from the resurgence of ECW, and I couldn't be happier. Now on to the match itself. Solid bout, Balls is just such a good worker, and as I said, Test is certainly stepping up his game. I've gone from dreading his prescence on my TV to giving him cautious respect. Grade: A

Sabu over Shannon Moore via pinfall: A really fun match with some great great ariel stuff in it. Proof that you don't need extreme rules, or death defying bumps, to have an exciting match. Grade: A

Big Show segment: Ok...I really wanna fuck that Rebecca broad so bad...I mean...Big Show, right. Big Show cut a very good interview here, and I agree with pep, if we really want the best outcome for ECW at CS, we really SHOULD vote for Show to defend his belt, since it's obvious they won't flip his belt that close to a PPV. So I'm officially switching gears and saying we now try to get the holy belt on the line so we can prove once and for all, ECW has the best champion. Grade: A

RVD over Big Show: I really enjoyed this bout. RVD and Show did a great job at the start of feeling each other out, and giving us that anticipation of the first shot, then they just ratcheted up the action from there. Great give and take in this one, Show is just such a great heel with his trash talking, and non-chalantness in his matches, Van Dam is just so visiually exciting to watch. I liked the Test run in also, it got great heat on him, and we got the fun of Hardcore Holly just viciously fucking pasteing him with that chair. I mean...did you see that? It was wicked, same with the Show shot. Which led to a convenient RVD frog splash. Which now positions RVD back into the main event firmly, sets up a new feud, and now it's just a matter of them properly handling this. Great main event all around. Grade: A+

Overall Grade: It started out very slow, but in the end I felt like I had gotten a very good smorgasboard of wrestling. For all the people that like to constantly call this brand "WWECW" as a term of derision, there's still lots of good comparisons that can be made to the original ECW product's television shows here. I'm going to go ahead and call tonight's show a B+ effort, with the rather lame beginning being the thing that puts it just a shade under an A.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-18 07:02:03

rats, and all this time I have been voting for Cena to put his belt on the line. Oh well, time to get going again.

Simon "Nova" Dean is no longer on the SD roster list, nor is he on any list at wwe.com. Without Velocity I never knew if he was still around. I am not sure if he was released, or sent to OVW.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-18 10:49:34

At 10/18/06 07:02 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: rats, and all this time I have been voting for Cena to put his belt on the line. Oh well, time to get going again.

I'll say. The whole voting for the ECW title idea came to me after voting about 60 times for the WWE title to be on the line. But if Big Show defends his and wins, it could make it eveb better for ECW. We could have Big Show come out saying he's the champion of champions and then when RVD beats him for the title (It'll happen eventually) its going to make it seem more important.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-18 17:10:39

At 10/18/06 07:02 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: rats, and all this time I have been voting for Cena to put his belt on the line. Oh well, time to get going again.

Simon "Nova" Dean is no longer on the SD roster list, nor is he on any list at wwe.com. Without Velocity I never knew if he was still around. I am not sure if he was released, or sent to OVW.

I believe I read some where that he's now the Talent Development Manager or something like that for The WWE. I also believe the last guy to hold that job was Tommy Dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-18 21:22:46

Ya know what, Why don't they put ALL of the titles on the line at CS? Make everyone have something to fight about?

Although the Idea of one man having three belts at the same time sickens me....

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-18 22:31:58

At 10/16/06 06:35 PM, Redface wrote: Do you guys know why RAw isn't live today? The only thing I really want to see is the debut of Cryme Tyme, but still...

Cryme Tyme is a heck of a tag team. They definately stole the spotlight on RAW, I see them winning the tag team championship belts from the SS at CS. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-19 00:38:05

At 10/18/06 10:49 AM, pepeatumi wrote: I'll say. The whole voting for the ECW title idea came to me after voting about 60 times for the WWE title to be on the line. But if Big Show defends his and wins, it could make it eveb better for ECW. We could have Big Show come out saying he's the champion of champions and then when RVD beats him for the title (It'll happen eventually) its going to make it seem more important.

I agree, the more I thought about it, the more that made sense to me. But even with all of us voting together, it's still a great long shot that Show's belt will be the one on the line.

Simon Dean took Tommy Dreamer's job in talent relations, he is no longer an active wrestler, that's the whole story right there.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-19 03:20:02

At 10/18/06 09:22 PM, Slapdamonkey wrote: Ya know what, Why don't they put ALL of the titles on the line at CS? Make everyone have something to fight about?

Although the Idea of one man having three belts at the same time sickens me....

Well in the boxing world I'd rather have One champion rather than Klitchko, Maskaev, Valuev, and Liakhovich sharing the titles.

Same goes for wrestling

"It isn't that democrats are ignorant. Far from it. it's just that they know so much that just isn't so"

Ronald Reagan

Proud supporter of the Dinosaur Conspiracy Theory

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-19 10:16:36

Some news here and there for ya today:

Rey Mysterio’s knee surgery is expected to keep the former World Champion out of action for up to six months.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Konnan had a confrontation with Jeff Jarrett at last week's Impact tapings. Konnan basically demanded that that TNA give him a raise or he'll quit.

Jarrett was trying to get Konnan to sign the new converted contracts in which TNA books all its contracted guys for their respective indy dates and then they get a quarterly lump sum check. Konnan refused to switch over because he wants to control his Mexico bookings (AAA controls that), not to mention his Lucha Libre style independent bookings in North America.

Konnan's argument was that he signed his contract when he wasn't being used well (when he was a member of 3Live Kru). Now that he's managing one of the company's top acts in LAX, doing the Spanish announcing, not to mention that he set up the bookings for a recent show in Mexico, he wanted a substantial raise. Jarrett felt both sides signed a contract in good faith and it wasn't in good faith for him to want to re-negotiate a contract in the middle of the term. Konnan said that if he didn't get a raise, he would work full-time in Mexico.

TNA has offered Konnan a raise, but their is still the impasse regarding TNA wanting full control of booking him in Mexico.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-19 10:22:18

Konnan's deal in Mexico should be his problem and not TNA's... TNA may not know this but Konnan is way over (almost Hogan-like) in Mexico. TNA should just allow Konnan to do his thing in Mexico.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-19 13:57:49

Ok, Avie, I have to see Rebecca..................damn no cable...........

And Rey's out for 6 MONTHS!? Awwwwwww..........that sucks..........

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-19 16:19:56

I have some WWE news to tell you guys.

- John Cena recently filmed a commercial for Subway Sandwiches.

- WWE has created a working policy between Deep South Wrestling and Ohio Valley Wrestling. The idea is that talent will now be able to learn from the minds that run both, as well as get experience on the road and working with different opponents. WWE plans on other changes to their developmental system soon as well.

- WWE.com has announced that Umaga has issued an open challenge for any ECW or Smackdown star to face him at Cyber Sunday.

- 2 Cold Scorpio is expected to use the Flash Funk persona when he debuts with WWE following his current tour of Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan.

Looks like Scorpio is gonna go to Smackdown. Will Layla El & Kristal be his new Funkettes?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-19 16:55:07

At 10/19/06 04:19 PM, LordKooler wrote:
- WWE.com has announced that Umaga has issued an open challenge for any ECW or Smackdown star to face him at Cyber Sunday.

I gotta say it... CM Punk, let him be the one that finishes Umaga's winning streak. After all who knows more about wrestling samoans than CM Punk?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-19 17:39:51

At 10/19/06 04:55 PM, pepeatumi wrote: I gotta say it... CM Punk, let him be the one that finishes Umaga's winning streak. After all who knows more about wrestling samoans than CM Punk?

Agreed, CM Punk needs a really big match to help cement his rep, and going on a RAW PPV and beating their undefeated monster (like it or not, RAW PPV's so far are the best draws in the company), will allow Punk to be seen on a much larger stage then weekly ECW TV, and give him huge rub at the same time. Umaga is not the future of the company, Punk is, and this is a great oppurtunity for the company if they don't blow it.

This week's edition of ECW did a 1.6 cable rating, with a 2 share. The show did quarter hours of 1.3, 1.6, 1.7, 1.6 and a 1.9 for the overrun.

As for Konnan, I think Konnan made a great point here, and I think TNA should absolutely have given Konnan a bit of a raise, and leave his Mexico bookings alone. Konnan isn't a huge draw for them, and I understand TNA wants more control of their talent as they grow, but frankly? Unless the lump sum deal is larger then what they would have got from the booking initially (because I assume the idea here is so that TNA can take the money, or a percentage of the money off their guys's bookings as an added revenue stream) it's really shitty I think to take money from their performer's pockets.

By the way, a big ol' FUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUU! To Kurt Angle over his comments on the ECW brand. Quit acting like your shit dosen't stink Kurt, and your so far above all those guys. Enjoy doing jobs for Jeff Jarrett's guitar this time next year if your still healthy pal.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-10-19 18:30:40

I'd Like to See CM Punk take on Umaga. and Since Avie seems to think Umaga is Being marketed as the Nega-Joe, well, I just think It'd make the match even better.

BBS Signature