00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bishopdown just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,523,338 Views | 29,937 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-24 07:21:15

At 6/24/09 06:23 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Haven't watched ECW yet, but according to Mr. Helm's twitter, The Hurricane returned!

You mean his hurricane gimmick or the man himself?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-24 08:23:38

At 6/24/09 07:21 AM, CrimsonAssassin wrote: You mean his hurricane gimmick or the man himself?

The Hurricane gimmick. It was during a backstage segment between him and Mark Henry. There is a video of it at wwe.com. Thats where I just saw it. It will be good to see Hurricane in action again.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-24 13:49:59

At 6/24/09 06:23 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Haven't watched ECW yet, but according to Mr. Helm's twitter, The Hurricane returned!

You can take The Hurricane out of Helms, but you can't take Helms out of The Hurricane. :P

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-24 14:58:27

I just watched the Hurricane segment
i enjoyed it. and it was actually put together pretty well

although as happy as i am that the he's back, the hurricane aint the hurricane without the green hair lol

My deviantART page | My Youtube page (It got terminated)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-25 08:11:56

At 6/24/09 02:58 PM, Random-Her03 wrote: although as happy as i am that the he's back, the hurricane aint the hurricane without the green hair lol

Give it time. I'm sure once he makes his in-ring return as the Hurricane we'll see him decked out in green again.

I've seen a few reports here and there speculating Takers return. He is supposedly shooting for a Summer Slam return and is trying very hard to get in shape. Both he and HBK are said to still be pretty banged up from their match at WM. There is no word on HBK's return yet.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-25 08:45:18

At 6/25/09 08:11 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: I've seen a few reports here and there speculating Takers return. He is supposedly shooting for a Summer Slam return and is trying very hard to get in shape. Both he and HBK are said to still be pretty banged up from their match at WM. There is no word on HBK's return yet.

Apparently there's DX and Undertaker tours booked for the Summer so yeah, I'd assume SummerSlam for at least one of them. Personally I think it'd be cool for them both to return at SummerSlam, not even in an altercation. Undertaker can show up after Jericho's match and HBK after whoever they plan on fueding him with. Probably Orton or Big Show since there really the only major heels for him to work with on Raw. Actually have those fueds ever happened before? Orton probably has but I can't recall him working with Show at any point.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-25 23:48:33

At 6/25/09 08:45 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Apparently there's DX and Undertaker tours booked for the Summer so yeah, I'd assume SummerSlam for at least one of them. Personally I think it'd be cool for them both to return at SummerSlam, not even in an altercation. Undertaker can show up after Jericho's match and HBK after whoever they plan on fueding him with. Probably Orton or Big Show since there really the only major heels for him to work with on Raw. Actually have those fueds ever happened before? Orton probably has but I can't recall him working with Show at any point.

Orton yes, they feuded for a time about two years ago after RVD left, Michaels was I believe the first person to take the "concussion kick" and build it's devastatingness.

Show, I know they've worked each other here and there, but there's never been a long feud that I can recall.

As far as Taker, it'll be interesting to see who he's in there with, if Punk goes full out heel, that could be a great match to really cement him with, but I dunno if they want to go there so soon.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-26 04:19:00

At 6/25/09 08:11 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Give it time. I'm sure once he makes his in-ring return as the Hurricane we'll see him decked out in green again.

maybe
he doesn't even have to cut his hair.. just dye it green lol
though it was good to see him in his old hurricane attire.. none of those blue or purple tights he used to wear before he dropped the hurricane gimmick..

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-26 20:54:54

Missed the first half-hour of SD, but meh, don't think I missed much.

Creative has just flushed Jessie's career down the toilet..........

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-26 23:17:20

At 6/26/09 08:54 PM, Assi9 wrote: Creative has just flushed Jessie's career down the toilet..........

As opposed to that awesome push he was getting beforehand? Haven't seen the show yet since it's pre-empted in my market for the first game of the Subway Series (which I didn't mind since the Yankees took that game)

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-27 07:04:00

At 6/26/09 08:54 PM, Assi9 wrote: Missed the first half-hour of SD, but meh, don't think I missed much.

lol he took a page outta john cena's book eh?

but avie's right.. he was always in festus' shadow

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-27 13:19:42

Anyone see last weeks raw ratings yet the ave of the show was a 4.5 and some parts of the show hit 4.8 now that may have gave them a big increase from the week before which was only a 3.6. Thats several million people that raw did not have in the past months. I doubt thay can keep this going for next week. What do we all think next weeks show will draw i say it will drop to about a 4.0ish.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-27 13:58:53

At 6/27/09 07:04 AM, Random-Her03 wrote:
At 6/26/09 08:54 PM, Assi9 wrote: Missed the first half-hour of SD, but meh, don't think I missed much.

lol he took a page outta john cena's book eh?

but avie's right.. he was always in festus' shadow

At least he was in someone's shadow. Now he's screwed.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-27 15:37:55

We had some really good matches last night. SD is continually putting on some great shows. It seems we are getting a heel turn with Punk afterall due to his reaction after his match with Morrison.

The Cryme Time segment was a bit painful to watch. The part with Jessie was even harder to get through.

Why did they add Ziggler/Khali to the Bash? Didn't it have enough matches already? I just hope they leave enough time for the matches that actually count.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-27 16:29:25

Morrison/Punk last night was an absoloutley excellent match. I was only half watching first time round so I'm gonna go back and give it a second run through. It really was that good. The Rage In A Cage was decent as well, some nice spots and the result was unexpected. I love what there doing with CM Punk at the minute.

R-Truth and Benjamin also had a decent match, and although the Cryme Time segment wasn't all that great, at least there doing something with Jesse. Cena 2.0 it seems. Overall Smackdown was great this week and I'm looking forward to The Bash. The card is fairly solid and it'll be an interesting PPV.

Having only caught Raw and Smackdown this week it seems like a decent week for WWE. I know ECW has The Hurricane return and Superstars had a good triple threat for the US title. If the rest of those two shows followed a similar suit this could easily be the best week WWE's had as a whole, in some time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-27 21:36:28

WWE just changed the names of two PPVs.

Source: 411mania.com

- WWE has changed the name of the October 4th PPV from No Mercy to "Hell in a Cell". WWE has been thinking about doing a PPV where the main events were all Cell matches, so this may be it.

- WWE has changed the name of the October 25th PPV from Cyber Sunday to "WWE Annihilation".

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-27 22:08:38

At 6/27/09 09:36 PM, LordKooler wrote: WWE just changed the names of two PPVs.

Source: 411mania.com

- WWE has changed the name of the October 4th PPV from No Mercy to "Hell in a Cell". WWE has been thinking about doing a PPV where the main events were all Cell matches, so this may be it.

I seen that and went eh oh well they fucked over another PPV. No mercy was one of my favorite ones of the year. What is every match going to be a hell in the cell? Thats never going to work out.

- WWE has changed the name of the October 25th PPV from Cyber Sunday to "WWE Annihilation".

This was one of the better ones in my opinion, if this is not going to be similar than Cyber Sunday than i won't care at all because i actually enjoyed this over the past few years.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-27 22:52:16

I'm glad that they're FINALLY making Morrison a potential PPV main-eventer; here's hoping he gets a major feud with a top star soon to solidify his status.

I'm not entirely sure which way they're turning Punk, as his reaction TO his reaction was "Oh fuck, I can't believe I just did that.....". Hard to say still.

I loved the large number of times Jericho got hit in the nads throughout the cage match. :P

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-27 23:05:08

At 6/27/09 10:52 PM, Assi9 wrote: I'm glad that they're FINALLY making Morrison a potential PPV main-eventer; here's hoping he gets a major feud with a top star soon to solidify his status.

I don't see him as a main eventer just yet they need to build him up just a few months or even a years time. They can't just decide on day to put him there. He needs to go over some top guys convincingly, i would see a good feud with MVP.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-28 00:29:34

At 6/27/09 04:29 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Morrison/Punk last night was an absoloutley excellent match. I was only half watching first time round so I'm gonna go back and give it a second run through. It really was that good. The Rage In A Cage was decent as well, some nice spots and the result was unexpected. I love what there doing with CM Punk at the minute.

It's a fresh and intriguing storyline and probably the best thing WWE has done since the Taker/Michaels classic at Mania. They have really given Punk the ball here and he is running with it. They just gotta keep it moving through the weekend here. My only problem with the match was the commentary as they acted like Punk and Morrison had never met before. What about the seemingly endless amount of times Morrison beat Punk in ECW title bouts a couple years ago? I guess we're not supposed to remember that now. Really picking a nit though, those two absolutely tore it up in there and showed why Smackdown! is must watch wrestling TV.

As far as Jesse, hey, at least he's getting an oppurtunity (unless this was a one week thing).

With Khali/Ziggler, this'll hopefully be the blow off and Ziggler can move on to better things (and maybe a better name ultimately) good to see this guy is getting to show his stuff and didn't get destroyed by that horrible gimmick he had initially.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-28 02:07:09

At 6/28/09 12:29 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: My only problem with the match was the commentary as they acted like Punk and Morrison had never met before. What about the seemingly endless amount of times Morrison beat Punk in ECW title bouts a couple years ago? I guess we're not supposed to remember that now.

Hey, waaaaiiiiiit a minute.........can't believe that somehow slipped my mind. Yeah, wtf?

As far as Jesse, hey, at least he's getting an oppurtunity (unless this was a one week thing).

Meh, I guess that's one way to look at it.

With Khali/Ziggler, this'll hopefully be the blow off and Ziggler can move on to better things (and maybe a better name ultimately) good to see this guy is getting to show his stuff and didn't get destroyed by that horrible gimmick he had initially.

What was his gimmick before? Can't be any more obnoxious.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-28 03:36:22

At 6/28/09 02:07 AM, Assi9 wrote: Hey, waaaaiiiiiit a minute.........can't believe that somehow slipped my mind. Yeah, wtf?

I guess that's what they're hoping for, rating was so low and what not most people don't remember.

Meh, I guess that's one way to look at it.

Sure, if you're on TV getting a chance to get something over, there's less chance they're going to fire you.

What was his gimmick before? Can't be any more obnoxious.

Well he was part of the Spirit Squad at one point. But I meant that whole thing where he just seemed to be in endless meaningless RAW segments introducing himself instead of being out there wrestling.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-28 03:47:19

At 6/28/09 12:29 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: As far as Jesse, hey, at least he's getting an oppurtunity (unless this was a one week thing).

Crime time a.k.a. those useless black guys are the worst thing about smackdown.

Next to the other black guys r-truth and shelton and their continuing feud, been going on longer then hhh/orton!
Except they get bumped off ppv cards.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-28 10:30:02

That pretty much reflects how I feel about the show. Great predications as always!

I really hope Rey keeps his mask. Yeah Jericho is a good IC champ but I like Rey with the mask more. I know he's been unmasked before so this isn't a new idea.

I don't know if Big Show will get involved. He doesn't like the Miz at all. True Miz helped him get a win over Cena but that doesn't mean Show owes him anything.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-28 13:56:28

I'm gonna make some quick short predictions for a change. Just feel like it so here we go. Thanks for the template D-Lucks :)

1. The Great Khali vs. Dolph Ziggler (No DQ Match)
Since Dolph's won the last couple of matches (all be it via shenanigans), I expect him to go over tonight. He can make use of weapons and what not and move on to another fued.

2. Women's Champion Melina vs Michelle McCool w/ Alicia Fox
Haven't really followed this storyline, but I'll go with McCool. They've been talking about the first women's/diva's champion so I'd assume they'll have Michelle win and claim that feat.

3. Unified Tag Team Champions Carlito and Primo vs Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase
I expected Priceless to win this one. They've been built as (fairly) strong these past few weeks and It'd be a good way to cement Legacy as a top faction in the WWE. Plus The Colon's have held the titles for a while now, having defended them very few times and are becoming kinda stale in my opinion.

4. John Cena vs The Miz
John Cena will probably win tonight, because, you know, he's John Cena. However, Cena seems like someone who understands the business to me and I think he'll make Miz look credible while still beating him. At the end of the day it all depends on creative here. Miz dosen't have to win to remain an upper mid-carder/futured maineventer? Just look like he could beat Cena.

5. Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho vs Rey Mysterio (Mask vs Title)
Since Jericho got the title just last month I really expect him to retain tonight, although by DQ. That way he keeps the strap, Mysterio keeps the mask and the long fued that we know Jericho requested carries on. Personally I reckon they'll keep this going till SummerSlam and end it with a speciality match. Cue the return of The Undertaker!

6. ECW Champion Tommy Dreamer vs Jack Swagger vs Christian vs Finlay vs Mark Henry (Scramble Match)
I haven't caught much of ECW lately which is unfortunate, so I'm really not sure which way this could go. From what I've seen, four of the five guys have a shot, and even Mark Henry can't be written out completley. I'd like to see a heel win it, and then fued with Bourne, but that could be a few months of yet. So, I'll say Dreamer retains tonight and maybe again at NoC. Probably drops it at SummerSlam.

7. World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy
Ah, Smackdowns building of matches is excellent, and this is no exception. I reckon Punk will retain tonight, since it's still unknown whether Jeff will re-sign with the company. If he does, I think he'll win it at SummerSlam, if not, Punk will retain for a while longer and continue to be built up as a heel. As for the finish of this match, I think it'll end in a similar way as they've been building Punk. Not a full blown heel attack, not a clean finish. Maybe Hardy gets the three count while the refs down and Punk gets a cheap win via roll up or a GTS following Jeff being distracted. Regardless of the finish, this is a possible match of the night.

8. WWE Champion Randy Orton vs Triple H (3 Stages of Hell Match)
I don't think this match will be anywhere near as bad as people are making out. There LMS match on Raw was streaks ahead of there Wrestlemania match a few months ago and I expect them to pull out something pretty decent tonight. The result? If Orton dosen't retain it'll be a travesty. A fall each and then Orton and the rest of Legacy can beat down Trips and throw him on a stretcher. Show ends with the three of them with all the gold. If Trips win tonight, it will be one of the most pointless reigns in history. Orton won the title back what, two weeks ago? In a match that HHH was in? Since this stale fued's unlikely to end until SS, Orton should keep the belt tonight.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-28 20:29:25

Given that I'm running 15 minutes behind, and don't know any outcomes yet, I think I'll make my predictions now... using D-Lucks' template.

At 6/28/09 07:22 AM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: 1. The Great Khali vs. Dolph Ziggler (No DQ Match)

Ziggler really has to win. Faces are meant to win to blow a feud off, but when you're as talented and over as Khali, you really don't need to rub that beating a nobody gives you.

2. Women's Champion Melina vs Michelle McCool w/ Alicia Fox

I don't have alot to say about the SD! women's division. McTaker annoys me (it may just be her accent, or that she sucks on the mic), but her and Gail Kim would be cool, so I'll go for that.

3. Unified Tag Team Champions Carlito and Primo vs Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase

Talking about things I don't care about...
The henchmen should go over, mostly because I like Danny's idea about the heels celebrating with all their gold at the end of the night.

4. John Cena vs The Miz

For some reason, I quite like Cena in the ring. Mostly when he doesn't win though. I want the Miz to win, but equally, that doesn't seem likely here. Here's hoping Miz doesn't get squashed.

5. Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho vs Rey Mysterio (Mask vs Title; if Rey loses he must unmask)

Not alot to say here. Should be a great match, and I bet they'll work hard in the match to convince us that Misterio will lose the mask. But he won't.

6. ECW Champion Tommy Dreamer vs Jack Swagger vs Christian vs Finlay vs Mark Henry (Scramble Match)

I'm currently about 10 minutes into this match, and I'm none the wiser about who will win. I'm predicting either Swagger regaining the strap, or Dreamer stealing a pinfall with seconds left.

7. World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy

This should be good. I'm predicting a CM Punk victory, but the real interesting part of this match is how Punk gets the win. I could see an Edge interference for the win, personally.

8. WWE Champion Randy Orton vs Triple H (3 Stages of Hell Match)

Meh, I hope for lots of Plunder and then Orton retaining (it pains me to hope for that) to give us a nice evil visual to close out the show.
I have no idea how they'll end this feud though. It seriously is a massive blood feud, and I can't see anything short of a loser leaves town match, followed by keeping them apart for a few years, to end this thing.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-28 20:54:28

At 6/28/09 03:36 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 6/28/09 02:07 AM, Assi9 wrote: What was his gimmick before? Can't be any more obnoxious.
Well he was part of the Spirit Squad at one point.

.....ok, maybe he WAS more obnoxious.....

But I meant that whole thing where he just seemed to be in endless meaningless RAW segments introducing himself instead of being out there wrestling.

Actually, that's still pretty much his gimmick - just with little need to go around introducing anymore.

At 6/28/09 07:22 AM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: 2. Women's Champion Melina vs Michelle McCool w/ Alicia Fox

What's with the 'McTaker' reference? (Assuming it's geared towards the Faithbreaker, it doesn't look THAT much like a Tombstone......)

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-28 21:02:35

At 6/28/09 08:54 PM, Assi9 wrote: What's with the 'McTaker' reference? (Assuming it's geared towards the Faithbreaker, it doesn't look THAT much like a Tombstone......)

Lets just say that Taker should probably get "Michelle" tattooed onto his neck.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-29 03:20:24

At 6/28/09 09:02 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: Lets just say that Taker should probably get "Michelle" tattooed onto his neck.

Cause that worked so well last time.

Also does anyone other then me wonder if she came up with using The Styles Clash all by herself when she saw AJ do it? Or do you think somebody in WWE suggested it to her as a way to kind of fuck with AJ after he did pointedly turn down a developmental deal a few years back?

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-06-29 06:17:19

haven't watched all of the bash yet but i have a few things to write

ok I'm glad that Ziggler won his match against Khali, and by the return and interference by Kane it seems like this feud is history. On one hand I'm glad to see Ziggler getting out of this feud with the most victories (even though barely any of them were clean) and hopefully going on to better things, meanwhile, though i am glad to see Kane back, he's once again placed in a lackluster feud.. i mean do you remember the Kane/Khali match they had at wrestlemania (i can't even remember which one it was) a couple of years back?.... exactly you don't.. I feel for the guy, he can never seem to catch a break these days..

The Tag Team Title match... i had it all played out in my head, Legacy wins, Orton wins and now they all have gold around the waists.. but wait, here comes Teddy Long to announce that a new tag team has joined the match... Edge comes out with an intense look, and actually received a nice pop too.. now i'll be honest with you.. the mark side of me was really hoping for Christian to be coming out next ("WE WANT CHRIS-TIAN!" chants were heard during the match).. but then out comes Jericho!.. still.. YES!! The look on Jericho's face was priceless, he looked at Long as if he was saying "hah.. i knew you'd crack".. and the best part is.. THEY WON! even though it looks like the end for the Jericho/Mysterio feud, i could not be happier with this outcome.

Ok is it just me or does it seem that The Miz got nothing out of his match with Cena? He was literally a human punching bag for about 8 mins.. and about 2 minutes where he actually had the upper hand. To be honest, I was kind of impressed with Cena, he actually showed off a bit "old school wrestling" moves at the beginning of the match.. even cole and lawler picked up on that too. But of course he used the old Cena routine at the end to win the match.. am I upset that Miz jobbed hard to Cena?.. no.. not really lol.. Morrison all the way.

Of course Undertaker's bit.. uh Michelle McCool wins the Womens title making her the first Diva to be a Divas Champ and a Womens Champ.. the lesson is, it pays to be connected with the powerful guys... Hey ladies, Cena might be avaliable soon! (hint hint)

BBS Signature