New Topic Respond to this Topic
YunVeroz
YunVeroz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-09-17 17:22:28 Reply

Ez, I'm a Moving Shadow/Shogun/Renegade Hardware man myself, massive lables with some massive dark sounds.

Some personal favorites of mine, whether it's dropping it in a mix on a big system (Valve Sound System, anyone :D) or listening at home, they're quality artists for sure.

Noisia
Phace
Teebee & Calyx (their recent EP 'Warrior' is MASSIVE innit)
Bulletproof
Inside Info (not very mainstream, if you like Pendulum check this guy out, he's been featured on Radio1 Xtra LOADS of times)
Ed Rush & Optical (need I say more?)

Personally I'm not a fan of Pendulum's work nowadays, they've taken a very Pop-ish route to drum n bass, trying to make it more main stream with their live band doodads. Although I still worship Rob like a god... such a sick engineer in that krew. The reece in their 'Bacteria' remix still makes me wanna brock out.

Sp1r1T
Sp1r1T
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-09-18 15:49:32 Reply

Actually, Pendulum tried some Intelligent drum n bass, y'know, the jazzy stuff. Like Girl in the fire, its good and jazzy, but I prefer, like you, the heavy stuff xD

BBS Signature
Rosenrot-I
Rosenrot-I
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-09-19 04:46:38 Reply

Well lads, I'm going to see Noisia live on 20th of October which is rather convenient as I turn 18 on the 7th, thus not only will I be able to get in but I will finally buy my own alcohol and not get someone else to do it. And of course there will be other recreational substances... I'm getting real excited :D

There is nothing you can name that is more delicious and awesome than Subway.
I run on Mountain Dew.

BBS Signature
McPaper
McPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Programmer
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-09-29 08:16:20 Reply

Roni Size - Brown Paper Bag

Rosenrot-I
Rosenrot-I
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-10-12 05:13:47 Reply

At 9/29/07 08:16 AM, McPaper wrote: Roni Size - Brown Paper Bag

Old but good.
Try The Upbeats, they're Australian I think. Tracks to look for:
View From The Inside
Lick-a-Demon
Black Flea
The Gospel
In & Out

There is nothing you can name that is more delicious and awesome than Subway.
I run on Mountain Dew.

BBS Signature
Charged
Charged
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-10-21 20:03:24 Reply

Few things. If you live in the UK, lock into 87.5 FM, playing mostly dnb, UK garage etc. My mate has a set mondays 6-8, listen online at uksfinest.org.uk/.

Also check out:

10 Years Of Drum & Bass Arena - Andy C/Grooverider
A new massive mash up of all the latest dnb tunes, lovin this.
'TC''s new album 'Evolution' is pretty good too.
isohunt.com is your friend, peace.

BBS Signature
Bento-San
Bento-San
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-10-29 09:50:51 Reply

Howdy folks, im a drum and bass artist here new on newgrounds but i have been producing for 8 years, I started posting some non-dnb tracks upon joining, although i mainly do drum and bass. If there any other dnb producers here shoot me a msg with some msn details, id love to talk dnb production with folks.

Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-04 10:50:17 Reply

Hey guys.

Who here likes Omni Trio? He's probably the best Idnb/Atmospheric dnb artist out there (rivaled by LTJ Bukem, but nobody can really compete). I just bought his album "Rogue Satellite." It's awesome! He pretty much keeps the style of his previous songs, though.

My favorite track by him is "Who Are You (Original 12" Mix)" because of the warm analog chord. It sounds so nice, but has dark undertones. Its from his Album "The Haunted Science," possibly one of the best idnb albums out there, even though it was made in '96.

So, what did you guys think of Form and Function Volume 2? Personally, I think that it really didn't follow most traditional dnb concepts, but was still awesome in its own way.

Charged
Charged
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-04 13:44:57 Reply

At 11/4/07 10:50 AM, navij11 wrote: Who here likes Omni Trio?

Yeah, i've only got one of his tunes at the moment - Renegade Snares, it's a classic.

I just bought his album "Rogue Satellite." It's awesome! He pretty much keeps the style of his previous songs, though.

I'll try and get hold of it.

BBS Signature
FullyClothedMike
FullyClothedMike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-04 17:38:51 Reply

Pendulum played where I live recently. :)
Couldn't go though... :(

Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-04 19:32:45 Reply

At 11/4/07 01:44 PM, Charged wrote:
At 11/4/07 10:50 AM, navij11 wrote: Who here likes Omni Trio?
Yeah, i've only got one of his tunes at the moment - Renegade Snares, it's a classic.

Is it the Foul Play VIP mix? That ones the best! I don't really like the original because it uses the amen, rather than custom drums, and Omni Trio make drums that fit the style perfectly.

I'll try and get hold of it.

I picked it up off of Amazon, as an import, so it was around 20 dollars. I'm sure you can get it for less in the UK, but its going to lighten up your pocket a bit if you buy in America.

Charged
Charged
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-05 04:16:10 Reply

At 11/4/07 07:32 PM, navij11 wrote: Is it the Foul Play VIP mix?

Yeah, from Andy C / Grooveriders new album. I didn't really like Omni Trio's album, I'm into more jump-up dnb.

Check out:
Brockie & Ed Solo - Reprisents (chase & status remix)
Brockie & Ed Solo - Turntable 1
(Undiluted (UD014))

BBS Signature
Zodiak7
Zodiak7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-05 06:59:35 Reply

At 9/17/07 05:22 PM, YunVeroz wrote: Ez, I'm a Moving Shadow/Shogun/Renegade Hardware man myself, massive lables with some massive dark sounds.

Haha nice one, all about the oldschool :D
Charged, please don't advertise piracy... drum & bass has low enough sales as it is, next there'll be no music to listen to at all :/

Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-05 16:45:53 Reply

At 11/5/07 04:16 AM, Charged wrote: Yeah, from Andy C / Grooveriders new album. I didn't really like Omni Trio's album, I'm into more jump-up dnb.

Aww, Jump Up *cough*aphrodite*cough* all sounds the same! Like Pendulum. And *cough*aphrodite*cough*.

Anyone know any good Atmospheric artists, not including LTJ Bukem?

Zodiak7
Zodiak7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-07 17:10:43 Reply

At 11/5/07 04:45 PM, navij11 wrote: Anyone know any good Atmospheric artists, not including LTJ Bukem?

Try these :)
Sunchase, Blu Mar Ten, Nookie, some of Klute's stuff, Mutt, Alix Perez and Icicle.

Triskele
Triskele
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-07 17:34:45 Reply

What's up? Bigtime DnB lover here, my tastes run all over the place, from ambient/intelligent (LTJ Bukem, Jodeci), to Thumpin' and Stompin' (TC, Pendulum, J Majik), to Liquid Funk (High Contrast, Klute), to Neurofunk and Darkstep (Evol Intent, Spor, Nightwalker).

I'm an ammy DJ that gets a lot of playtime in my area, since it's a small town and there aren't many more, and I've been into the genre for years, so if you got any questions, feel free...though I'm sure there are people here that know more than me.

However, as much as I love DnB, I love the Jungle scene even more...anybody with me?

NG Junglists, big up yourselves! Nice thread!

a

Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-07 18:05:58 Reply

At 11/7/07 05:10 PM, Zodiak7 wrote:
At 11/5/07 04:45 PM, navij11 wrote: Anyone know any good Atmospheric artists, not including LTJ Bukem?
Try these :)
Sunchase, Blu Mar Ten, Nookie, some of Klute's stuff, Mutt, Alix Perez and Icicle.

k. I shall. I looked for Mutt and Alix Perez already, Geier told me too, but now I'll look for those others.

In other news, Flare/StereoTactik/SadSpoon blocked me from AIM!

In actual drum and bass other news, my reeses suck. Tips on improvement? I can make the synth, but I can't do the automation stuff thats equally, if not more important. I have reason available as a resampled synthmaking tool, but I refuse to arrange in reason... Its sequencer sucks, even in Reason 4.

Razor-Monkey
Razor-Monkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-07 18:34:36 Reply

alreet, went to see high contrast last week, he was absolutely mint, supported by cyantific and logistics, i swear to god i nearly came when kiss kiss bang bang came on.

We are legion, for we are many.

BBS Signature
Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-07 18:52:55 Reply

At 11/7/07 06:34 PM, Razor-Monkey wrote: alreet, went to see high contrast last week, he was absolutely mint, supported by cyantific and logistics, i swear to god i nearly came when kiss kiss bang bang came on.

Lucky dog... LOGISTICS RULEZZZ....

bloodhawk5
bloodhawk5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-11 19:37:14 Reply

go drums!

BBS Signature
Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-14 22:06:57 Reply

Ok, what do you guys think of Squarepusher? Personally, I like a lot of his stuff. Opinions?

JacksonTheAlt
JacksonTheAlt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-12-15 03:30:00 Reply

Hi, I'm JacksonTheAlt and I uploaded an (uncompleted) drum n bass track. Can you guys give me your honest opinion about it?

Thanx in advance.

I'm an alt.

BBS Signature
NorthDakota
NorthDakota
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-12-16 10:50:05 Reply

At 12/15/07 03:30 AM, JacksonTheAlt wrote: Hi, I'm JacksonTheAlt and I uploaded an (uncompleted) drum n bass track. Can you guys give me your honest opinion about it?

Thanx in advance.

I finished the song. Please comment.

yep, he's my alt and his name is jackson

sup

Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-12-17 18:19:38 Reply

At 12/16/07 10:50 AM, Apocalypse wrote: I finished the song. Please comment.

Not really drum and bass... There was no reese or even a sub, I think. And it was too slow. Try listening to some drum and bass before trying to make some. No, not NG drum and bass. REAL drum and bass, like Spor or Noisia.

apimusic
apimusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2008-02-12 12:58:37 Reply

I think you all should check out the Lifted Podcast... especially if you're fans of Spor, Apex, Evol Intent, or Ewun. They've got 10 podcasts, all averaging 30,000+ listens each. They're very top quality.

http://podcast.liftedmusic.com/podcast/L ifted_Music_Show_003_-_Spor_and_Chris_Re negade.mp3

^ That one features one of my songs (I'm the "Geier" artist)

anddd... number 10 features a remix done by Misha of the song featured in 003.

http://podcast.liftedmusic.com/podcast/L ifted_Music_Show_010_-_Spor_and_Chris_Re negade.mp3

Anyways, not really trying to self advertise here (:3)

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2008-02-12 13:16:22 Reply

Thanx Geier, a good mix is always sweet to have! :)

Take it ez man!

Wakka wakka

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2008-02-13 05:37:44 Reply

I just now listened to the mixes... man, "solar" is fucking awesome, great job man! Been a while since I heard any of your work (or WIP's). You've grown!

Wakka wakka

boney-man
boney-man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2008-04-24 14:14:27 Reply

At 12/27/06 07:28 PM, Aerosphere wrote: If you like listening to Pendulum, you can locate some of his tracks on Radioblogclub,

I don't know if anyone's corrected this yet, but it's just bothering me... Pendulum is a BAND, not one guy. And they've evolved out of DnB. I don't like them all that much anymore. (Not that I used to lol)

#1286129 // soundcloud.com/1shibumi

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2009-04-29 12:05:33 Reply

I will now attempt to perform magic and revive this club!

I've recently started getting into drum & bass since a lot of my friends at university have been into it for a LONG time.

Right now I'm listening to stuff like B Complex, Matrix & Futurebound, Brookes Brothers, High Contrast... etc. I quite often go to drum & bass clubs in London (any UK'ers heard of Fabric?), and a lot of these guys play live sets there, which is pretty awesome.

BBS Signature
boney-man
boney-man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2009-09-26 10:13:32 Reply

I too will attempt to revive it!

At 4/29/09 12:05 PM, NEVR wrote: I've recently started getting into drum & bass since a lot of my friends at university have been into it for a LONG time.

smart friends lol

Right now I'm listening to stuff like B Complex, Matrix & Futurebound, Brookes Brothers, High Contrast... etc. I quite often go to drum & bass clubs in London (any UK'ers heard of Fabric?), and a lot of these guys play live sets there, which is pretty awesome.

Duuuuuude we have the same taste. Although I also like neurofunk and darkstep, liquid/trancestep is my favorite. Matrix & Futurebound and the Brookes Brothers are so epic. You should check out Camo & Krooked if you like this kind of D&B. They're awesome.

Also, I've heard of Fabric. Too bad I'm from the US though...

#1286129 // soundcloud.com/1shibumi

BBS Signature