00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PuffyBussie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Santana High School, Santee, CA

20,752 Views | 151 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2001-03-11 19:25:45

At 3/6/01 01:23 AM, Ross wrote: The details are different, but the outcome is the same: it happened again.
the kry say" yeah thats sad i wish to make a memorial for them on newgrounds if tom fulp will let me/us if there is any tthat feel the same way! tell tom i said this!
On Monday morning, a 15-year-old 9th-grader in Southern California opened fire with a .22 revolver, killing two people and injuring 13. Inevitably, comparisons to Columbine are made, and people cry, scratch their heads, and ask, "How could this have happened?"

But should we be surprised? Doesn't everyone in high school know someone who gets picked on and teased until he or she feels they have to strike back? Haven't we learned anything from the school shootings that preceded yesterday's tragedy? But what is there to learn? Is a school shooting a freak occurrence, or is it indicative of a greater trend? And what about the standard question - "where were the parents?"

There are problems in our society, and incidents like this put the spotlight on some very big ones. So what do we do? Investigate any student who ever expresses ill will towards their teachers and/or schoolmates? Beef up security at the schools? More closely monitor the mental health of the students? What do you say to someone who might seriously be considering violence as a release?

I don't ask these questions because of my affiliation with NG - I ask them as a future parent and a future teacher who knows that something here is very wrong. The solution, if there is one, is light-years away - but each opinion that is expressed gets us a little bit closer.

Click here to read what others are saying on our BBS. What do you think?

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2001-03-12 23:31:22

OK the media is kind of getting it right. They are associating bullying with these shootings. The word bulleying dosn't quite fit these kids situations, it should be called FUCKING HARASSMENT!! And the fucking administrations should deal with this FUCKING HARASSMENT the way the courts deal with it with adaults instead of letting it slide for jockhead deuschbags.

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2001-03-13 17:20:59

This is enlightening discussion, but i can't help but notice how everyone says the same thing. It was bullying, i can admit that. But why focus on the fact that he was bullied, why not disect it even further to realize why the kids bullied him.
He was different, and kids fear what is different. He probably had different values and probably didn't have any hope for the future already. Along comes "John Doe - JockItch" and decides that this kid doesn't have enough problems as it is.
Little does everyone know that Mr. Doe has a lot of pressure put upon himself. His family is probably either counting on him to get that football scholarship, or they are hoping he keeps his grades up so that he gets accepted to Yale or Brown or something. Mr. Doe's father is probably a closet alcoholic who hits his wife behind closed doors. They are probably the kind of people who believe in 'family business' and how it doesn't need to leave the house, so Mr. Doe is forced to keep his problems bottled up also.
Mr. Doe comes to school and finds someone weaker than him, someone who doesn't have the rich family, someone who, most of all, has a family that trusts him. Because, after all, the school shooters family trusted him sooo much that they didn't check for a journal, or they didn't check for a sign. They had love in their family. So, anyway, Mr. Doe comes to school and takes out his fear, anger, and emotions on the weaker kid.
What is this kid to do? He can't punch the kid or yell at him because of rules. (plus he would probably get an ass whipping.) So he is forced also to bottle up his emotions and since he can't 'win' the fight in any other way, he does the stupid thing and brings a gun to school...
Result: Disaster.

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2001-04-08 20:11:47

Those fools who think that it's because of videogames, music, and all that other shit are dumbshits. The real reason are the parents: where are they? They're at their places because they don't care about their kids! They just think that the school will take care of their kids, what with the school's counselors and all, but those counselors don't know jack shit about counseling, they just give the kids prozac or something to help them. Those shooters at Columbine, they were both given prozac by the school, coincidence? I think not! In that way it is also the government's fault...especially with Bush now, he doesn't give a shit about the whole fucking American population, he wants to give us irradiated food, doesn't he know that stuff's radioactive?
Well, he and all of you who think this happened because of videogames, music, and lack of proper religion can just go to hell! You people are the reason this is happening, your lack of caring for people by giving them prozac and irradiated food! I HOPE YOU GO TO HELL!

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2001-04-08 20:15:57

YOU DUMBFUCK! IN JAPAN AND THE UK THERE MIGHT STILL BE VIOLENCE BUT BECAUSE OF THE ILLEGALITY OF PRIVATE GUN OWNERSHIP THERE IS LESS VIOLENCE! HOW COULD YOU NOT UNDERSAND THAT OR REALIZE IT?

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2001-04-10 03:05:26

im from the UK here and im always hearing about these school shootout, mostly through this site. i then look at my own country and see we have mabey 4 or 5 serious school knife attacks a year. even in the toughest parts of london shootings are practicly un-heard of. GUN LAWS is what i think to myself, why are guns so readily available in the USA why does your culture feel the need to defend themselves with tools that designed to kill? im DEFFINATLEY not getting at you as individuals i respect the americans for what they have achieved in such a short time but you must ask yourself the same questions i do....why does america need so much firepower? mabey im wrong, mabey you'd all prefer much stricter laws governing the availibility of such weapons. i probably dont understand...!

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2001-12-05 02:35:55

The kid was raised wrong and everyone probably ignored him. The columbine incident was 2 outcasts rebelling against their own school.

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2001-12-05 02:36:55

I think someone at the high school I went to went to the funeral of someone she knew at columbine, who was shot dead.

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2001-12-05 22:01:25

At 12/5/01 02:36 AM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote: I think someone at the high school I went to went to the funeral of someone she knew at columbine, who was shot dead.

That's really freaky to know

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2001-12-08 02:38:44

At 12/5/01 10:01 PM, DUDE4U wrote:
At 12/5/01 02:36 AM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote: I think someone at the high school I went to went to the funeral of someone she knew at columbine, who was shot dead.

Yes it is.

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2001-12-08 12:08:29

At 12/8/01 02:38 AM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote:
At 12/5/01 10:01 PM, DUDE4U wrote:

Yes it is.

man i wouldn't know what to say if that was my friend

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2002-02-02 01:05:26

At 3/6/01 12:56 PM, Ross wrote:
At 3/6/01 10:44 AM, NuKe929 wrote: I agree totally, Ross! Those who make others feel unworthy of living are unworthy of living.
Whoa. Don't be putting words in my mouth - I certainly wouldn't stand behind that. Inflicting emotional harm on kids by making fun of them is bad; causing kids physical harm in return is no better. No one has the right to declare themself judge, jury, and executioner over someone else.

Nicely said. Just thought I'd pop it onto the end for people to re-read and reflect on.

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2002-02-02 01:10:46

At 3/6/01 12:56 PM, cannibal518 wrote:
At 3/6/01 10:56 AM, Captain_Bob wrote:
Reduce violence, espically domestic violence and kids getting shot while playing with them. Don't give that dumbfuck shit about "oh, if the criminal might think you have a gun he'll think twice about breaking in" THE FUCK HE WILL! He's going to break in anyway. That's absoutely fucking ludicrous.

You know you should really get some statistics and facts before you go blowing your stupid mouth off...Maybe if you spend a little more time on research and a little lesss time crying your poor liberal bleeding heart blues you might learn something...sounds like you've got most of your ideas from a predominatly biased media.....Its a proven statistic that between 50-60 percent of criminals will not break into a place where there is the possibility of them getting shot in the process...once criminals know that no one has guns then guess what they aren't going to worry about that any more....if you wanna read more of these stats read the book More Guns...Less Crime by John R. Lott, JR..... or you can just continue to blunder down the path of igonorance...

Yeah... but what percentage of break-ins does that 50-60% of criminals realise?

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2002-11-12 13:04:59

I'm kind of disapointed with NG for this... Not one persone has even thought about something so obvious.
Everybody is trying to blame someone or something, but you know what I'd say to any kids who are gonna go ape shite round schools because they are being picked on? Absolutly nothing, I'd listen to what they had to say, which is what no one did.

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2002-12-07 15:09:20

ummmmm. I guess sometimes people are so angry that they dont know wat they are doing

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2003-05-31 00:51:16

nobody will reads this

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2003-06-11 10:16:12

Time to question US gun laws again.

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2003-06-24 01:40:14

The details are different, but the outcome is the same: it happened again.

On Monday morning, a 15-year-old 9th-grader in Southern California opened fire with a .22 revolver, killing two people and injuring 13. Inevitably, comparisons to Columbine are made, and people cry, scratch their heads, and ask, "How could this have happened?"

But should we be surprised? Doesn't everyone in high school know someone who gets picked on and teased until he or she feels they have to strike back? Haven't we learned anything from the school shootings that preceded yesterday's tragedy? But what is there to learn? Is a school shooting a freak occurrence, or is it indicative of a greater trend? And what about the standard question - "where were the parents?"

There are problems in our society, and incidents like this put the spotlight on some very big ones. So what do we do? Investigate any student who ever expresses ill will towards their teachers and/or schoolmates? Beef up security at the schools? More closely monitor the mental health of the students? What do you say to someone who might seriously be considering violence as a release?

I don't ask these questions because of my affiliation with NG - I ask them as a future parent and a future teacher who knows that something here is very wrong. The solution, if there is one, is light-years away - but each opinion that is expressed gets us a little bit closer.

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2003-06-24 01:53:47

YAY!!

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2003-07-30 16:38:04

whos ross

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2003-08-12 07:52:11

I don't know but i think there qre problems all over the world anyway, some more important then this (no offence)

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2003-08-18 13:13:37

problems everywhere

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2004-09-05 18:53:30

weird a day before that happened i did a death threat to one of my teachers honestly

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2005-07-19 14:22:18

At 3/6/01 09:59 AM, Ishkur wrote: It was six men of Indostan
To learning much inclined,
Who went to see the Elephant
(Though all of them were blind),
That each by observation
Might satisfy his mind

The First approached the Elephant,
And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,
At once began to bawl:
“God bless me! but the Elephant
Is very like a wall!”

The Second, feeling of the tusk,
Cried, “Ho! what have we here
So very round and smooth and sharp?
To me ’tis mighty clear
This wonder of an Elephant
Is very like a spear!”

The Third approached the animal,
And happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands,
Thus boldly up and spake:
“I see,” quoth he, “the Elephant
Is very like a snake!”

The Fourth reached out an eager hand,
And felt about the knee.
“What most this wondrous beast is like
Is mighty plain,” quoth he;
“ ‘Tis clear enough the Elephant
Is very like a tree!”

The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
Said: “E’en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
Deny the fact who can
This marvel of an Elephant
Is very like a fan!Æ

The Sixth no sooner had begun
About the beast to grope,
Than, seizing on the swinging tail
That fell within his scope,
“I see,” quoth he, “the Elephant
Is very like a rope!”

And so these men of Indostan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong!

Moral:

So oft in theologic wars,
The disputants, I ween,
Rail on in utter ignorance
Of what each other mean,
And prate about an Elephant
Not one of them has seen!

--John Godfrey Saxe

This poem is for anyone who thinks they know the real reason why that kid shot up his school. The allusion is clearly evident.

Ish.

I can understand what this is saying. Everyone was partly in the right, but all were wrong! Here is an example: i learned that in a dispute, there are 2 sides to each story, each side having a certain amount of truth, and somewhere in the middle is absolute truth, and it is nearly impossible to find, so nobody can criticize just one cause, but see that the problem is the world itself. It has become corrupt, nations striking at nations, family vs. family, quite a few family feuds go back so far that they forget what it's about! So you see, there are hundreds of things that affects it, brought together by chance and circumstance, for example, a wind is blowing. Doesn't matter right? But imagine this. a kid has lost his frisbee, and the kid next door has one just like it. Kid b throws his frisbee for his dog to catch, but the wind carries it over the fence, and kid a thinks he has found his frisbee, kid b wants his frisbee back, kid a says no, it's his, and it escalates from there, and so, 2 kids who could have been best friends are now mortal enemies. This is what is happening in the world today, everything together can make best friends or worst enemies.

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2006-12-11 17:22:34

lol that's pretty funny.

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2006-12-18 17:48:14

At 3/6/01 01:23 AM, Ross wrote:

Click here to read what others are saying on our BBS. What do you think?

Sorry for bringing back a dead topic, but the soulution is actually the easiest answer. Get rid of the problem the kids with guns think, the problem is them getting picked on by people, who then shoot the people who pick on them. So my solution, raise everyone equal and if they don't listen, well thats where a little thing called spanking comes in. A ruler would work too.

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2006-12-18 23:07:52

People all go crazy, if you test them for long enough. For example a kid I know, his name is Joshua Prem, hes crazy!

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2006-12-26 05:18:23

*sigh*

- What the media will say: "VIDEO GAMES DID IT!
- What everyone else says: "No, maybe it was the fact that the poor kid was picked on too much or the parents were bad?"
- Media's Reply: "Fuck you, we don't use logic here!"
- Everyone else: ":(

Also, why do people even sell guns still in the US? Oh right, to hunt animals and 'protect' ourselves. Wait a minute, maybe if we didn't allow guns at all (besides the military of course :P), wouldn't people be safe since the bad guys won't have guns either? :O

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2007-01-08 00:54:05

cool

BBS Signature

Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA 2007-02-05 03:01:29

At 1/8/07 12:54 AM, SenorPresidente wrote: cool

Yay your posts are so meaningfull!