00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cdhoeh0112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,828,514 Views | 59,823 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-13 19:58:28

At 6/13/13 07:34 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: talking of gurren lagann i watched this really sweet OVA by the guy who directed gurren lagann, who left gainax with a bunch of other dudes

its basically harry potter mahou shoujo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBlqxEIJ_Cg

it's an official subbed release on youtube, well worth a half hour of your time

Oh man, Little Witch Academia. I saw that about a week ago, it's awesome - especially considering it was made to train young animators.
Speaking of those guys (Trigger), they have this in the works. Looks pretty damn cool so far, plus they said it's going to be even more intense than GL.

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-14 00:52:49

At 6/6/13 03:39 PM, Cootie wrote: What would you list as the most overrated anime of all time?

Overrated anime(s)? Sure why not.

- Hidimari Sketch
- Elfin Lied
- Naruto
- Bleach
- Death Note
- K-On
- Haruhi Suzumiya

too lazy to spell check the ones i misspelled.

I've given them all a shot and dropped them aside from Bleach, Haruhi, and Death Note. Watched DN & HS all the way through and just recently finished off the Bleach anime to have some closure(though I'm still keeping up with the ever so drawn out manga). Nartuo isn't really my deal seeing how I dropped it when it got filler heavy. The first few seasons are not bad but it just gets worse after that. Sketch is beyond uguu~ and K-On just takes the kawai stuff too far for me. Just couldn't do it. I don't hate them, just don't really care to ever see them pop up in a discussion anywhere ever again in the history of ever.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-14 12:32:18

At 6/13/13 06:12 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 6/13/13 05:53 PM, sweet21 wrote: So I hear Persona 4 is the shit, so im gonna buy a Vita maybe. Thoughts?
Considering there's no games in existence for the vita and a PS2 is a lot cheaper, I'd say get the PS2 version instead.

But the vita version has a new character to add to your party D:

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-14 14:57:51

At 6/14/13 12:52 AM, Kisuke wrote: Overrated anime(s)? Sure why not.

- Hidimari Sketch
- Elfin Lied
- Naruto
- Bleach
- Death Note
- K-On
- Haruhi Suzumiya

Similar list for me. I love haruhi but it's way overrated, esp death note. I really do enjoy k-on though.

i'd add to that list though

code geass, clannad AS, lucky star, oreimo, flcl maybe, and when they cry higurashi.

I love most of those (ambivalent about clannad + oreimo, and hated higurashi, eugh), but they're still a bit overrated in general i reckon

Maybe even neon genesis evangelion. It changed the face of anime, but when you remove historical context it's not actually that great, and the amount of adulation it gets is a little overkill imo.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-14 18:52:30

At 6/14/13 02:57 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: the amount of adulation it gets is a little overkill imo.

Not really when it seems to get nothing but hate these days. No one seems to like it outside of /a/ any more. I think the new movies are overshadowing the original sadly.

I kind of hate k-on, but it just wasn't what I was expecting. It's a bunch of ditsy airhead twats doing literally nothing for a dozen episodes, then getting on a stage and suddenly playing like pros, even though the guitarist never even held an instrument until about a week before and never practiced. It's got nothing to do with music or what it's like being in a band. I expected a music anime and I got moe blobs being obnoxious.

Unrelated, but can anyone recommend anime that have the same feel as tarantino films?

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-14 20:43:29

At 6/14/13 06:52 PM, SpiderTaco wrote:
At 6/14/13 02:57 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
Unrelated, but can anyone recommend anime that have the same feel as tarantino films?

Baccano is kind of like pulp fiction and reservoir dogs.

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-15 00:16:13

At 6/14/13 08:43 PM, DeIirium wrote:
At 6/14/13 06:52 PM, SpiderTaco wrote:
At 6/14/13 02:57 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
Baccano is kind of like pulp fiction and reservoir dogs.

so its worse that "Inglorious bastards", good to know

At 6/6/13 03:39 PM, Cootie wrote: What would you list as the most overrated anime of all time?
Overrated anime(s)? Sure why not.

- Hidimari Sketch
- Elfin Lied
- Naruto
- Bleach
- Death Note
- K-On
- Haruhi Suzumiya

and "gantz" and "gurren lagann" to it

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-15 00:52:10

lolwut. Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction were far better than Inglorious Basterds.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-15 10:07:59

Anime rocks!
Shingeki no Kyojin one of the top anime and the contents of anime fan posts and talks. What do you guys think about that? Do you like Shingeki no Kyojin(Attack on Titan)? I, personally loved the anime. It's awesome, unique, contains cool characters, plot twists, and more. There's so much things going on. I think that are things that made the show popular. Thoughts?

Death is certain, the hour is not.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-15 13:04:57

I'm just going on spree on Netflix. I finished Soul Eater infinitely faster than I would have on Toonami. Now im watching Afro Samurai, after that I find Trigun interesting. Dunno what im going to check out after that.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-16 22:17:50

At 6/14/13 12:32 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 6/13/13 06:12 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 6/13/13 05:53 PM, sweet21 wrote: So I hear Persona 4 is the shit, so im gonna buy a Vita maybe. Thoughts?
Considering there's no games in existence for the vita and a PS2 is a lot cheaper, I'd say get the PS2 version instead.
But the vita version has a new character to add to your party D:

If your talking about Marie, you can't add her to your party. Unless I overlooked someone

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-16 23:08:38

At 6/16/13 10:17 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: If your talking about Marie, you can't add her to your party. Unless I overlooked someone

Can you be her friend? Doing so unlocks new personas doesn't it?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-17 00:01:06

At 6/16/13 11:08 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 6/16/13 10:17 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: If your talking about Marie, you can't add her to your party. Unless I overlooked someone
Can you be her friend? Doing so unlocks new personas doesn't it?

I made her my girlfriend...then I restarted from my last save point and took advantage of that fine ass Yukiko Amagi. But ya maxing out any social links gives you new unlockable personas. But only with party members can maxing social links get you transformed personas. Also if you continue spending time with someone with a maxed social link it then transforms the transformed persona

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-17 03:37:47

Do you know Gintama?

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-17 12:46:08

At 6/17/13 12:01 AM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: I made her my girlfriend...then I restarted from my last save point and took advantage of that fine ass Yukiko Amagi.

Why not Naoto? :3

Do you get new personas or powers from dating as well? I know an awful lot about the lore and how the game works thanks to Persona 4 Arena and how unsubtly they blurt everything out, even in the menu. Hell I think I learned the most from the character select screen.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-17 12:57:43

At 6/17/13 12:46 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 6/17/13 12:01 AM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: I made her my girlfriend...then I restarted from my last save point and took advantage of that fine ass Yukiko Amagi.
Why not Naoto? :3

Do you get new personas or powers from dating as well? I know an awful lot about the lore and how the game works thanks to Persona 4 Arena and how unsubtly they blurt everything out, even in the menu. Hell I think I learned the most from the character select screen.

The personas you get from maxing out your links from dating are the same as the ones you would get from maxing out as friends. The only perks were when Valentines day came around and Yukiko and Brotagonist go to the beach where she tells him how much she loves and appreciates him etc etc. Also do you have P4A for xbox or ps3? we should play together!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-17 13:35:19

At 6/17/13 12:57 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Also do you have P4A for xbox or ps3? we should play together!

I have it on PS3. My main is Kanji Tatsumi, my backup is Yukiko.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-17 15:33:59

At 6/17/13 01:35 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 6/17/13 12:57 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Also do you have P4A for xbox or ps3? we should play together!
I have it on PS3. My main is Kanji Tatsumi, my backup is Yukiko.

Thats a shame. i have it on xbox. my main is chie, followed by yu narukami. then yukiko

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-17 19:22:06

On a related topic does anybody buy figures.......cuz I do

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-18 15:22:16

So I just finished Trigun.
It started off as the misadventures of the worlds dumbest and unluckiest man but got pretty dark around the the moment the main villain was introduces roughly halfway through. I liked it though, it was a good show.

And out of the roll of the dice I am now watching Squid girl...Just because. It's good. I've seen two episodes so far.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-18 15:59:20

At 6/17/13 03:33 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Thats a shame. i have it on xbox. my main is chie, followed by yu narukami. then yukiko

I like to stick with Playstation and Nintendo when it comes to games because I like to play JRPG's every now and again and those only show up on PS and Nintendo. Games like Disgaea, Odin sphere, Hyperdimention Neptunia, etc etc. don't show up on Xbox. Not to mention Xbox doesn't get any of the class Final Fantasy games.
I thought you would own a Playstation for the same reason :\

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-18 17:35:26

At 6/18/13 03:59 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 6/17/13 03:33 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Thats a shame. i have it on xbox. my main is chie, followed by yu narukami. then yukiko
I like to stick with Playstation and Nintendo when it comes to games because I like to play JRPG's every now and again and those only show up on PS and Nintendo. Games like Disgaea, Odin sphere, Hyperdimention Neptunia, etc etc. don't show up on Xbox. Not to mention Xbox doesn't get any of the class Final Fantasy games.
I thought you would own a Playstation for the same reason :\

Well to make up for that I usually download with a 360 controller on my computer. If i ever need JRPGS's I usually stick to my wii, vita or 3ds. I don't like most console RPG's and wasn't really a fan of FF after X

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-19 12:09:13

At 6/17/13 07:22 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: On a related topic does anybody buy figures.......cuz I do

I would if I had more disposable income. I'd like to buy an Eva and maybe a ship or something from cowbop, for some reason I'm only interested in mechs and vehicles rather than figures of the actual characters.

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-19 15:02:45

At 6/18/13 05:35 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote:
Well to make up for that I usually download with a 360 controller on my computer. If i ever need JRPGS's I usually stick to my wii, vita or 3ds. I don't like most console RPG's and wasn't really a fan of FF after X

Is there anything besides Persona 4 that's worth getting on the Vita?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-19 15:13:43

At 6/19/13 12:09 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 6/17/13 07:22 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: On a related topic does anybody buy figures.......cuz I do
I would if I had more disposable income. I'd like to buy an Eva and maybe a ship or something from cowbop, for some reason I'm only interested in mechs and vehicles rather than figures of the actual characters.

I actually have an Eva mech one where you have to take the pieces and construct the weaponry (like a model). Little fucker took me two hours to finish
Other than that it is just character figures

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-19 15:17:04

At 6/19/13 03:02 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 6/18/13 05:35 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote:
Is there anything besides Persona 4 that's worth getting on the Vita?

Persona 3 on the market place, Gravity Rush, Little Big Planet, Atelier Totori Plus, Disgaea 3, UMvC3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Disgaea 3, Guacamelee, BlazBlue, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward etc etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-19 15:18:57

At 6/19/13 03:17 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Persona 3 on the market place, Gravity Rush, Little Big Planet, Atelier Totori Plus, Disgaea 3, UMvC3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Disgaea 3, Guacamelee, BlazBlue, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward etc etc.

Umvc3 is garbage, too much salf in that game. It's hardly any fun to play.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-19 15:27:07

I might start watching Fairy tale. I've been hearing some good things about it from my friend, anybody know where I can watch it?

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-19 15:59:52

At 6/19/13 03:27 PM, darkjam wrote: I might start watching Fairy tale. I've been hearing some good things about it from my friend, anybody know where I can watch it?

well its pretty much available on every anime site

Response to Anime Club 2013-06-19 16:06:02

well its pretty much available on every anime site

OK.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature