00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MadManOnMeds just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,823,456 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-22 16:30:40

At 6/22/10 04:26 PM, Molotov wrote: Bleach 267 released today. =D

the picture is need for those who are going to see this ep. i hope...

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-22 17:43:45

I finally ended up buying Evangelion 1.11 on Bluray today, and I just finished watching it about thirty minutes ago. Overall, I think it was a pretty solid movie, I'm definatly looking forward to watching the other three movies when they come out. I've never seen the original anime, so I can't really make any comparison between the original series and the movies.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-22 19:13:12

At 6/22/10 04:30 PM, kidd25 wrote:
the picture is need for those who are going to see this ep. i hope...

Indeed and it's actually episode 276 sorry. =(

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-22 20:33:46

At 6/22/10 02:07 AM, IlikeKorn123 wrote: Why is there so many idiots here on the club, NOBODY TALKS TO ME?

I think we forgot about the troll spray, because with a name like that, it's no wonder nobody talks to you, but I digress.

Back on track, I finally got the new Fist of the North Star box set, along with a couple Soul Eater DVDs as well. Now I just need the last couple of DVDs of CG R2, and my collection is complete.
"To the Anime Store!"

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-23 00:15:23

At 6/22/10 11:47 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 6/22/10 08:33 PM, orangebomb wrote: Soul Eater
You shant be disappointed good sir, that's probably the best anime series on the market today.

Hahahahaha, I have to agree with you, judging by what I've seen of it so far.

Anime Club

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-23 01:31:22

At 6/22/10 05:43 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: I finally ended up buying Evangelion 1.11 on Bluray today, and I just finished watching it about thirty minutes ago. Overall, I think it was a pretty solid movie, I'm definatly looking forward to watching the other three movies when they come out. I've never seen the original anime, so I can't really make any comparison between the original series and the movies.

I think Eva 2.22 already came out somewhere. It's really an amazing movie, because, get this, Shinji actually does something badass.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-23 02:00:03

At 6/23/10 01:31 AM, Deleric wrote:
At 6/22/10 05:43 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: I finally ended up buying Evangelion 1.11 on Bluray today, and I just finished watching it about thirty minutes ago. Overall, I think it was a pretty solid movie, I'm definatly looking forward to watching the other three movies when they come out. I've never seen the original anime, so I can't really make any comparison between the original series and the movies.
I think Eva 2.22 already came out somewhere. It's really an amazing movie, because, get this, Shinji actually does something badass.

Last time i checked there was nothing available for English viewers yet. Being a giant Evangelion fan ( aka pussy :3 ) I was disappointed by the lack of subtitles available for 2.2.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-23 04:20:39

KermitTheMuppet needs to return with a fiery vengeance to shame all these would be trolls.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-23 04:49:13

At 6/23/10 01:31 AM, Deleric wrote: I think Eva 2.22 already came out somewhere. It's really an amazing movie, because, get this, Shinji actually does something badass.

SPOILRTS jesus
oh wait
you must be trolling

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-23 17:51:53

At 6/23/10 01:31 AM, Deleric wrote: I think Eva 2.22 already came out somewhere. It's really an amazing movie, because, get this, Shinji actually does something badass.

It's already been released in Japan, but it's not out in North America yet. I would rather just wait for it to come out here, since I actually enjoy the English voices. Also, wouldn't importing it be useless since Bluray movies are region-coded?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-24 19:13:14

In the UK and many other countries, owning this forbidden tome could get you in some serious trouble...

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-24 19:44:11

At 6/24/10 07:13 PM, BaronVonBadGuy wrote: In the UK and many other countries, owning this forbidden tome could get you in some serious trouble...

Care to explain what that is? If it is something to do with lolicon or something like that, then it would be illegal, but I'm simply curious to know what it is.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-24 21:48:10

At 6/24/10 07:44 PM, orangebomb wrote: Care to explain what that is? If it is something to do with lolicon or something like that, then it would be illegal, but I'm simply curious to know what it is.

It's actually a 300-Billion Volt subatomic Raygun with Gameboy/Avance/DS compatibility, MP3 player and full internet access.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-24 22:46:10

At 6/24/10 07:13 PM, BaronVonBadGuy wrote: In the UK and many other countries, owning this forbidden tome could get you in some serious trouble...

I wonder who would actually be willing to enforce it though. I know it's illegal to have that in Canada, but I honestly can't see any officer going out of their way to arrest you for having it. Better yet, how exactly would one get caught with it in the first place? As long as you didn't tell anyone about it, I don't see how you could ever get caught.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-24 23:01:15

I checked out this Soul Eater that people were talking about.

I quite like the style, and the action's quite good.

But god. The humour is awful. Most of the dialogue in the first episode is about breasts and nosebleeds. And most of the character interactions involve one hitting another.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-25 01:49:10

At 6/24/10 10:46 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:
I wonder who would actually be willing to enforce it though. I know it's illegal to have that in Canada, but I honestly can't see any officer going out of their way to arrest you for having it. Better yet, how exactly would one get caught with it in the first place? As long as you didn't tell anyone about it, I don't see how you could ever get caught.

At least in the United States, they'd catch you the same way they caught Christopher Handley: through the mail system. If you bought it at a convention or something and it managed to slip under the radar there, the only way I can think of they can catch you with it would be either a bystander snitches on you or the cops find it while searching your house on another warrant (extreme example, I know, but it's realistic).

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-25 02:43:42

At 6/25/10 01:49 AM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote: At least in the United States, they'd catch you the same way they caught Christopher Handley: through the mail system. If you bought it at a convention or something and it managed to slip under the radar there, the only way I can think of they can catch you with it would be either a bystander snitches on you or the cops find it while searching your house on another warrant (extreme example, I know, but it's realistic).

To be fair, Christopher Handley pussed out and plead guilty instead of going through an expensive trial he really couldn't afford.

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-25 03:53:04

FUCK YES BARRAGAN

I've been waiting to say that all week

Anyway, I was watching Avatar this week because it was an extras special. It's kind of like Pop Up video but somewhat amusing and not annoying. I was wondering, do you guys consider Avatar anime? I think so. It has the art style, the themes, the humor, and the action expected of a shonen manga. A lot of people say that because it isn't explicitly made in Japan that it isn't.

I gotta say though I love watching this show again. I loved it the first time through but the extras are nice ways of adding to the experience. It has a good sense of humor about and because it's on Nick I don't have to stomach bad perverted jokes and fanservice.

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-25 04:10:06

At 6/25/10 03:53 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: A lot of people say that because it isn't explicitly made in Japan that it isn't.

The definition of an 'anime' as it pertains to animation (in Western countries) is an animation made in Japan. It's not a description of a particular style, or a particular set of themes.

Every animation that is made inside of Japan is an 'anime' and no animation that is made outside of Japan is an 'anime'. Unless you're speaking in Japanese in which every animation is an 'anime'.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-25 04:26:52

At 6/25/10 04:10 AM, Aigis wrote:
At 6/25/10 03:53 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: A lot of people say that because it isn't explicitly made in Japan that it isn't.
The definition of an 'anime' as it pertains to animation (in Western countries) is an animation made in Japan. It's not a description of a particular style, or a particular set of themes.

I always figured it was a style or a genre.

I find it certainly looks like an Anime and doesn't look like an American cartoon.

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-25 11:11:45

At 6/24/10 11:01 PM, Aigis wrote: I checked out this Soul Eater that people were talking about.

I quite like the style, and the action's quite good.

But god. The humour is awful. Most of the dialogue in the first episode is about breasts and nosebleeds. And most of the character interactions involve one hitting another.

Yeah, I also watched the first episode a few days ago. The style and action are all there, but it's full of that typical anime humour that really pisses me off. It would be a great show, but I hate all the pointless shouting and humour that only fourteen-year-olds would find funny.

There are a lot of funny anime series that I like, but the humour found in these types of series always make me more annoyed than ammused.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-25 18:18:00

At 6/25/10 02:43 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote:
At 6/25/10 01:49 AM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote: At least in the United States, they'd catch you the same way they caught Christopher Handley: through the mail system. If you bought it at a convention or something and it managed to slip under the radar there, the only way I can think of they can catch you with it would be either a bystander snitches on you or the cops find it while searching your house on another warrant (extreme example, I know, but it's realistic).
To be fair, Christopher Handley pussed out and plead guilty instead of going through an expensive trial he really couldn't afford.

True, true. If he had gone through with the trial, we wouldn't all have to walk on eggshells like we're doing now (at least, not to the same degree).

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-25 18:24:54

At 6/25/10 11:11 AM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: Yeah, I also watched the first episode a few days ago. The style and action are all there, but it's full of that typical anime humour that really pisses me off. It would be a great show, but I hate all the pointless shouting and humour that only fourteen-year-olds would find funny.

I watched a few more episodes and while I still think the humour is annoying (especially that loud blue haired character), the action makes up for it.

And, at the very least, I thought Dr. Frankenstein was funny.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-26 02:17:40

At 6/25/10 06:55 PM, LaForge wrote: I don't know what you guys have against Soul Eater's sense of humor. It's all a little cliche (rapidly falling down in surprise and nosebleeds) but I think it's effective. I've pretty much made it all the way through the series and I've laughed a lot.

A little cliche? I'm fairly certain in the amount I watched there wasn't a single joke I hadn't already heard before, and hated.

Characters being loud and annoying, people hitting each other for next to no reason, ridiculously exagerated facial expressions, and female nudity aren't things I find funny.

But the point I think you guys are missing is the comedy of the show isn't it's selling point. It's the stellar production quality. It just has that new anime smell to it. The fight scenes aren't bogged down by monologues and most battles last only 5 minutes, not 5 episodes.

I did sit down and watch like five episodes of it (I need more things to do), so I'm not dismissing it based on the comedy.

I enjoy the action and that's what keeping me watching. The comedy is just the thing that's trying as hard as possible to stop me watching it.

It's a great anime and giving grief over your poor sense of humor I think doesn't serve the show justice.

Poor sense of humour?

I'm sorry that I'm not twelve years old anymore, but that doesn't mean that my sense of humour is poor.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-26 20:45:23

Hey guys, just poppin in again to see how y'all doing. Hope everyone's enjoying their summer so far! As for myself, I started Clannad today and watched straight through episode 11 in one sitting... well almost one sitting - bathroom breaks and searching for my favorite hat, which I later remembered I left at my cousin's house a few days ago, don't count.

I guess I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff since I also did thoroughly enjoyed Kanon (2006) about a year ago. There were a ton of moments where I couldn't stop laughing and others that got my eyes moist... NO TEARS THOUGH (must be a man). But at this point I can't shake the feeling that the Fujibayashi twins and the Hiiragi twins from Lucky Star share more than subtle parallels - all the more reason to love em both XD

Anyways, have a good one!

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-27 05:04:09

Okay wow.

I have to hand it to Soul Eater.

If there was ever a show that I was not expecting to be referenced in a shonen anime it was Twin Peaks.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-27 09:05:04

At 6/27/10 05:04 AM, Aigis wrote: Okay wow.

If there was ever a show that I was not expecting to be referenced in a shonen anime it was Twin Peaks.

Indeed, there really wasn't a series that even tried to reference Twin Peaks before (at least not to my knowledge). Also I have to agree with most of the people here on topic of Soul Eater. The series is definitely top notch, although I had hoped that it wouldn't end on a filler, which is a shame. Nonetheless a great series and as mentioned before, one of the best on the marketplace right now.

As for the Korn dude, if you're still here reading (since you probably had nothing else in life besides Korn music), I legit lol'd at your statement because as a matter of fact, I was done with Dragonball right roughly around the middle of DBGT and furthermore I listen to music in the generally similar genre as Korn, except what I listen to is better 10 fold. kthxbai~ :)

God tier? Lol last time I checked, it was called "You suck at this game."

PSNID: Gran-Turismo-Man

Credit to Mr. Ryu of DustLoop for the pic below.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-27 13:40:24

At 6/27/10 12:49 PM, Mendou wrote: Currently I'm trying to plow through Urusei Yatsura, it gets a bit much in large doses, but it's still a very funny show - Oshii's writing really made it better than the original manga. Also watching Eureka Seven, Planetes and Armored Trooper Votoms(Fuck yeah old school mecha).

I've not seen much of the actual series, but the various movies have always been great. Obviously Beautiful Dreamer would be the top pick from the bunch.
During my stay at my most recent convention, I acquired a number of Ranma 1/2 DVD's for a fantastic price. (seriously 8 DVD's for 25 dollars, fuck E-Bay and Amazon, I know where I'm going to pick up hard to find series.) Yet to watch them, but being made by Rumiko Takahashi I'm sure I'll find them enjoyable.

I also happened to find the complete series of Magic Knights Rayearth. Can't believed growing up I was so oblivious to how much of a girlie show this was.

As for Lolicon, I'm quite certain people have such things shipped to them often, it's just very rare the law attempts to make a big deal out of it.
Considering all the various things of a sexual (and even non-sexual sort) that are legal, attempting to make Loli contraband is bias idiocy at it's finest.

As for my Ray-Gun, having it in my possession makes me tingly all over. I feel content knowing such a thing is finally in my possession, fitting quite nicely along all my other villainous articles.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-27 14:25:47

At 6/27/10 09:05 AM, CheppZanoff wrote:
At 6/27/10 05:04 AM, Aigis wrote: Okay wow.

Indeed, there really wasn't a series that even tried to reference Twin Peaks before (at least not to my knowledge).

In Monster, there is a Neo Nazi leader called "The Baby" who is an obvious tribute to the character "the midget" from Twin peaks.. So, Monster beat Soul eater to it.
Can't find any pics of him, the only things that turn up are pictures of babies.

Response to Anime Club 2010-06-27 17:55:10

At 6/27/10 04:28 PM, korg53 wrote: I think this is old news, but whatever

word to the wise, not everyone can read japanese.

takeshi aono had a stroke

no idea who that is personally, but from the stuff he works on I'm guessing he's important.