00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

applessmillion just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,835,615 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 15:42:04

Hey guys, can I join?

I watch: Elfen Lied, Bleach and Naruto.

I might possibly watch Death Note.

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 15:43:58

I IS YUGIOH YOU PREPARE FOR BATTLE

Anime Club

So zetta slow!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 17:53:54

At 10/16/07 03:43 PM, Yiffy wrote: I IS YUGIOH YOU PREPARE FOR BATTLE

If any elementary fag comes to me with one of those things and says that, I'm going to say "sure!" and deck the little bitch in the face. I'll then explain how LITTLE PIECES OF CARDBOARD HAVE NO MEANING BUT THE LOSS OF YOUR MONEY.

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 20:21:30

can i join

Anime Club

Member of the Anime club, Vet in Bleach club, Death note club, Instrument club,

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 20:29:25

my favorite anime is naruto bleach inu yasha and full metal
i also love to read manga during my spare time so could i join

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 20:31:02

At 10/16/07 08:26 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 10/16/07 08:21 PM, deidara783 wrote: can i join
.....Oh god, why is this so painfully familiar?

Write down your 5 favorite animes and write a sentence or two about them
What got you into anime
What anime do you dislike

Also please for the love of god....stop posting pics on every post you make.

and ghost in a shell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 20:34:54

and i hate yugioh is is gay what made me like anime .......well i guess
i love the story lines the plot and setting thatas why i like it

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 20:43:15

At 10/16/07 08:37 PM, xXCostelloXx wrote: and thoughs are all dubbed into english, i thought you were a fan, come back with an anime that DONT air in Amarica....

i plan to join, just later, on a page number thats simple to know like, 1800 or sum even #

So because he's new to anime he can't join? Stop being such a prick and show him around a little bit instead of driving him away from the start. Most of what the anime club is anyway is the same 5 guys stroking each other's cocks anyway, show some love to newcomers.

It's 5 again, the air is thin.

No sunlight through my window.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 20:51:59

On an unrelated topic, get firefox, it shows typos, and you certainly have a lot of them.

At 10/16/07 08:45 PM, xXCostelloXx wrote: dude, was simple suggesting he get out the country in a way to see more anime. The best things are often hard to get, namly foreign anime in the U.S.

You say that you were "simply suggesting", but I felt the hostility towards him.

>>im not even a member so TECHNICALLY, im new, but i do read this thread, i barly post here, i think ive posted here....twice?

If you're not even a member, who are you to say for someone to leave?

At 10/16/07 08:46 PM, Mendou wrote: We would if they actually stuck around, most ask to join then never return.

True, but have you ever thought that it might be because of your hostility towards new members? You guys often go pages talking to each other disregarding anyone else's posts. This guy isn't a prime example of the hostility, but I see it here in this thread more then any other club on newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 21:04:46

At 10/16/07 09:00 PM, Mendou wrote: We won't have problems if people would simply stop being stupid. Or post like LIEK INUYASHA'S TEH BEST ANIMEH EVARS.

Face it, most anime fans get started out that way. Aren't you Akatsuki(bunch of numbers)? You made your account name off of a pretty shitty and mainstream anime, but you've developed a lot since then. If there was no Adult Swim, do you honestly think anime would be as common in western culture as it is now?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 21:20:17

thanks

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 21:20:54

At 10/16/07 09:08 PM, xXCostelloXx wrote: well im sorry :3 promice!

Seriously, consider switching to firefox.

when'd i tell him that!?!?!?
At 10/16/07 08:37 PM, xXCostelloXx wrote: and thoughs are all dubbed into english, i thought you were a fan, come back with an anime that DONT air in Amarica....

"Come back with an anime that doesn't air in America" is basically telling him to leave.

At 10/16/07 09:09 PM, Mendou wrote: Heh, i was once called Bleach667 then the infamous Akatsuki321, i used to be a complete moron....pretty similar to a lot of newbies. Perhaps we just need patience with people.

Whoa, I didn't know that you had a name about bleach before akatsuki. Man, you've changed a lot, it just shows how people can basically "learn" how to become good members. In any case, just tell the new users what they're doing wrong before facepalming... even if you feel the urge to facepalm after every one of their posts. We were all "facepalm" types of users at one time, just look back at your earlier posts and you'll laugh at yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 21:25:39

no i watch anime in japan dub

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 21:28:27

At 10/16/07 09:25 PM, deidara783 wrote: no i watch anime in japan dub

Deidara, I'll pm you with an anime to watch and start out with. Watch those episodes then remember to come back to this club, okay? There's more to anime then jutsu and bankai.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 21:28:56

thanks man i will start seeing different anime

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 21:31:53

At 10/16/07 09:27 PM, xXCostelloXx wrote: well i needz a spicific linky mister :P

www.mozilla.com

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 21:35:41

At 10/16/07 09:28 PM, Mendou wrote: Post at least seven words or more please, we just don't like short spammy post. Also no linking to download sites and don't ask to help you find more anime episodes(if you must just pm one of us)

Hehe, looks like I just broke a rule in my other post.

Back to anime

Any thoughts on ouran high school host club? Saw the first season a couple days ago, and I'm in love. It exceeded my low expectations, and I've come to the conclusion that Haruhi F. > Haruhi S.

Thoughts?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 22:05:12

At 10/16/07 09:35 PM, Wesleyiam wrote: Haruhi F. > Haruhi S.

Quoted for fucking truth.

Also, watched the third volumes of Hellsing Ultimate and Black Lagoon, both were ace.

BL ends on a very satisfying note with four great episodes and some purely awesome new characters. The scenes with Leigharch in episode 12 made me piss myself laughing, Trevor Devall's performance as the Irish crackhead is nothing short of amazing. One gripe, though, the "Next Episode" preview was nothing short of "OMGMUSTFUCKINGWATCH" and Second Barrage has been delayed to Hell....

Hellsing III isn't as good as the previous OVA, but it was still a fine piece of vampire VS. Nazi entertainment. The dub is top-notch as usual, with the exception of Yuri Lowenthal's shaky French accent (I wasn't expecting him to make a good Pip) and Steve Wilcox's "more Latino than thou" Tubalcaine Alhambra (not to mention EVERYONE except the Major pronounces his name wrong). JB Blanc is satisfying to hear again as Enrico Maxwell (you may remember him as the creepy priest from the first episode of both Ultimate and the TV series, as well as the six seconds of screentime Maxwell had in episode seven) and Gildart Jackson's Major Montana Max reeks of B-movie Germanglish....and I fucking love it. Bonus points go towards the awesome opening title scene (best one of the series so far) and the hard to put together yet very cool Paladin Anderson relief figure.

I also pulled a disc worth of Ranma 1/2 and Detective Conan (Watermelon Beach and Deadly Illusions, respectively) out for the sake of getting 'em watched (with these down, I've got about 25 more DVDs left to watch before I've seen everything I own at least once).

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 22:40:56

At 10/16/07 10:05 PM, Gendo wrote: I also pulled a disc worth of Ranma 1/2 and Detective Conan (Watermelon Beach and Deadly Illusions, respectively) out for the sake of getting 'em watched (with these down, I've got about 25 more DVDs left to watch before I've seen everything I own at least once).

Got a picture of your anime collection? If you do, I'd like to see it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 22:58:50

At 10/16/07 10:40 PM, Wesleyiam wrote: Got a picture of your anime collection? If you do, I'd like to see it.

Not a recent one, but I shall make a point of taking one soon.

If my fucking camera will start letting me upload pictures onto either computer, damned USB functionality is on the fritz and the memory stick is too big to fit into my laptop.

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 23:04:43

At 10/16/07 09:04 PM, Wesleyiam wrote: If there was no Adult Swim, do you honestly think anime would be as common in western culture as it is now?

I do.

Anime was popular far before Adult Swim.

Here Adult Swim broadcasts like... 2 or 3 animes, so I'm pretty sure that it has had no effect whatsoever on the popularity of it.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 23:11:46

At 10/16/07 11:04 PM, Kuro wrote:
At 10/16/07 09:04 PM, Wesleyiam wrote: If there was no Adult Swim, do you honestly think anime would be as common in western culture as it is now?
I do.

Anime was popular far before Adult Swim.

Here Adult Swim broadcasts like... 2 or 3 animes, so I'm pretty sure that it has had no effect whatsoever on the popularity of it.

Let me rephrase that to toonami, adult swim, any dbz, sailormoon anime on cartoonnetwork. That sound better?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 23:14:20

At 10/16/07 11:11 PM, Wesleyiam wrote: Let me rephrase that to toonami, adult swim, any dbz, sailormoon anime on cartoonnetwork. That sound better?

So what you're asking is "would anime be as popular if it was never introduced into the west", then?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 23:26:14

At 10/16/07 11:14 PM, Kuro wrote:
At 10/16/07 11:11 PM, Wesleyiam wrote: Let me rephrase that to toonami, adult swim, any dbz, sailormoon anime on cartoonnetwork. That sound better?
So what you're asking is "would anime be as popular if it was never introduced into the west", then?

No, I'm saying that if those shows that we look down upon are how most people got into anime. If those shows weren't showed, most of us would have never gotten into anime. Stop trying to twist my words. I bet tons of people got into "real" anime off of watching naruto off of cartoonnetwork, and there's nothing wrong with that.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-16 23:33:17

At 10/16/07 11:26 PM, Wesleyiam wrote: No, I'm saying that if those shows that we look down upon are how most people got into anime.

That's just because those sorts of shows were the shows first introduced into the West.

Without them being introduced, nobody would have seen any demand for them, and thus other shows would not have been introduced, and very few people in the West would be fans.

--------------------

I just took a proper look at my anime/manga collection. It's pretty pathetically small for someone who supposedly calls themselves an anime fan.

Anime:
Spirited Away (limited edition or something)
My Neighbour Totoro (of which the DVD is from Japan)
Princess Mononoke
Laputa Castle in the Sky

Manga:
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind vol. 1-7
Abenobashi Magical Shopping Arcade vol. 1
.hack//The Legend of the Twilight Bracelet vol. 1
ARIA vol. 1

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-17 10:08:42

hey guys whats going on

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-17 18:02:49

At 10/17/07 10:08 AM, deidara783 wrote: hey guys whats going on

1.) Stop posting pictures.
2.) Keep your post 7 words or more.
3.) Don't make short, spammy, unrelated postes.
4.) Welcome to the club.

I finished watching black lagoon the other day, it was really good. 9/10 overall in my opinion. My favorited thing about it was probably the large variety of intesting characters. Although, it was sort of dragged some times and almost all of the characters that died you could sort of predict they would die. Overrall though it was quite a good anime.

What should I watch/read next? Something that is realitively short and not really addictive, I have had a lot of chores and school work latetly and don't want to get sidetracked.

At 10/16/07 09:09 PM, Mendou wrote:
I'll see if i can accomplish that, i thank you for the reminder that we were all idiots at one time on here.

How could you forget your noob days deludes me. But you really should have a lot more patient with people as well as myself. I noticed that deidara783 and the others have had several spelling and grammar mistakes when I was looking over the last page or two that you haven't corrected in front of them yet when ever I accidently press the g button twice, on accident, like 'black laggoon' instead of 'blach lagoon' or something similar to that you go out of your way just to correct me in your postes.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-17 18:17:11

At 10/16/07 11:33 PM, Kuro wrote: I just took a proper look at my anime/manga collection. It's pretty pathetically small for someone who supposedly calls themselves an anime fan.
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind vol. 1-7

Quality over quantity, my friend.

Having the Nausicaa manga alone puts you waaaaaay ahead of most people in my books.

As for my collection...

Anime:
Akira
Arcadia of My Youth
Baki the Grappler, Vol. 04 - Tough Love
Black Jack DVD Collection 1 (Clinical Charts 1-6)
Black Lagoon vol. 1-3
Captain Herlock: Space Pirate, Vol. 1 - The Legend Returns (silly Geneon and their inaccurate romanizations, see also: Hellsing)
Case Closed - Case 4, Vol. 1 - Deadly Illusions
Case Closed - Case 5, Vol. 1 - The Truth About Revenge
Case Closed - Case 5, Vol. 3 - Triple Threat
City Hunter: The Motion Picture
Cowboy Bebop: The Perfect Sessions (import version, I was too stingy to hunt down the long out of print seven disc American one)
Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door - Special Edition
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie - Conqueror of Shamballa
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 04 - The Fall of Ishbal
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 11 - Becoming the Stone
Galerians: Rion
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Complete Collection
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society
Hellsing Ultimate, Vol. 1 - Limited Edition Two Disc Set (Steelbook)
Hellsing Ultimate, Vol. 2
Hellsing Ultimate, Vol. 3 - Limited Edition Two Disc Set (Steelbook)
Hellsing, Vol. 1 - Impure Souls
Hellsing, Vol. 2 - Blood Brothers
Hellsing, Vol. 3 - Search and Destroy
Hellsing, Vol. 4 - Eternal Damnation
Ichi The Killer: Episode 0
Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl, Vol. 1 - Role Reversal
Kimagure Orange Road TV, Vol. 02
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Vol. 1 - Limited Edition
Mezzo DSA: Complete Collection
Mobile Suit Gundam, Vol. 05 - In Love and War
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum Edition, Vol. 1 and 6
Ranma ½ - OVA Series Box Set
Ranma 1/2 Seasons One and Two (import version)
Ranma ½ TV Season 6: Random Rhapsody, Vol. 3 - Watermelon Beach
Ranma ½ TV Season 7: Ranma Forever, Vol. 1 - Initiation Nite
Ranma ½ TV Season 7: Ranma Forever, Vol. 3 - Kiss Me, Cat
Ranma ½ TV Season 7: Ranma Forever, Vol. 6 - Battle for Miss Beachside
R.O.D. The TV - Complete Box Set
Robotech: Remastered, Vol. 3 - The Macross Saga
Robotech, Vol. 04: The Macross Saga - Battlefront
SaiKano, Vol. 1 - Girlfriend
Samurai Champloo vol. 4-6
The Slayers - The Complete 1st Season
Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Vol. 1 - Upon the Shoulders of Giants
Urusei Yatsura Movie 1: Only You
Urusei Yatsura Movie 2: Beautiful Dreamer - Collector's Series Edition
Urusei Yatsura TV, Vol. 01

Manga:
Akira vol. 2-3
Azumanga Daioh vol. 4
Cowboy Bebop vol. 2-3
Cowboy Bebop: Shooting Star vol. 1-2
Death Note vol. 1, 3-4 and 9
FLCL vol. 1
Fullmetal Alchemist vol. 1-3
Hellsing vol. 2 and 4
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure vol. 1-3
Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ vol. 1
Maison Ikkoku vol. 2 and 6-8
Neon Genesis Evangelion vol. 1-2
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days vol. 1
Ranma 1/2 vol. 1-8
Read or Die vol. 1
Read or Dream: We Are Paper Sisters Detective Company vol. 1-4
Samurai Champloo vol. 1-2
The Return of Lum: Urusei Yatsura vol. 1
Yotsuba&! vol. 1

Plus countless VHS tapes (mostly Gundam and old Streamline stuff like Dirty Pair), some artbooks and an untold amount of comicbook-size manga (Golgo 13, Mobile Suit Gundam, Urusei Yatsura, etc.).

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-17 18:45:41

cowboy bebop was a good show i use to watch it a lot but i went on to see other anime

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-10-17 18:47:18

I finally got Ranma volume 1. I would've got Nana, they said thay there where 5 copies of Nana volume 7 in the Chapters, but I didn't see any. So, I'll wait a bit. In the mean time, Ranma time.