00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CCasey112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,914,652 Views | 60,181 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-04 23:34:52

At 3/4/10 08:48 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Grunge > Punk Rock > Metal

:O I completely agree. Maybe it's because I've been on a grunge kick for a bit, and Pearl Jam is my absolute favourite band (not that what they do now or in their last few albums is 'grunge').

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-04 23:48:13

Johnny's assessment is beyond accurate. Appetite For Destruction is metal gold. I had the privilege of meeting Slash a few times, but always under the worst circumstances. He had been arrested, and thrown in my dad's jail. Heroin is one hell of a drug, but he was a repeat customer, so we eventually talked. Even way back then, he'd talk about this "baby" project of Axl's. 'Chinese Democracy' is a subpar album, even though it could have been worse. I think it's a classic example of hype exceeding delivered goods. Too bad. The dealbreaker for me is the truly flimsy production at work. Fucking shit sounds like it was recorded in a tin can.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 07:34:34

GnR sucks.

Linkin Park or ThreedaysGrace, all the wAy.

I am a FAB

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 08:26:04

At 3/5/10 07:34 AM, Farza wrote: GnR sucks.

Linkin Park or ThreedaysGrace, all the wAy.

Love is a fickle thing

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 11:07:12

Metallica definitely.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 12:39:12

At 3/5/10 12:09 PM, HDXmike wrote:
At 3/5/10 07:34 AM, Farza wrote: GnR sucks.
You should seriously just GTFO now , anyone who cant even have the slightest respect for such a monumental band , such a key name in the history of music really shouldnt be alive :) , of course im exaggerating but it disgusts me when kids around 12-16 just have no appreciation for good music and just jump on the "hip and now" bandwagon whether conciously or sub; Linkin park are bunch of emo newfags in the world of music

"Both Hybrid Theory and Meteora combined the alternative metal, nu metal, and rap rock sound with influences and elements from hip-hop, alternative rock, and electronica, utilizing programming and synthesizers. "

utter bullshit , there genre is non existent and it could be some time before they do anything meaningful whatsoever .

I use to kinda like you farza , ow i hope you burn in hell.

But hey , everyone to their own opinion , just don't go pissing on other peoples opinions

"I like linkin park and those other dudes because : *reasons* " would have sufficed

and whats your problem xeptic ? another one of those repetetive unoriginal bland sellout followers ? :P

i really shouldnt be so sensetive about this but when it comes to GnR , oh when it comes to mother fucking GnR
I still think if heaven had a theme song it would be paradise city

you're being the jerk here. he may be an asshole for jumping on the bandwagon, but you're an asshole for valuing your non-conformism. Fact is, that taste in music is completely subjective, and just because you like some music doesn't mean the people who wrote it are talented. For instance, I consider the greatest composers in history to be Bach and Mozart. But while I do like listening to their works, I don't find it very entertaining; that's why the vast majority of the time you'll find me listening to some 60's rock band or whatnot. Doesn't mean I think they are better than Bach, I just enjoy their songs more. Go figure. And while you're figuring, don't diss other people's taste in music, unless they're jerks or retards, then it's ok, because even jesus doesn't love them.

At 3/4/10 10:26 PM, Johnny wrote: My "Classic Rock" is Zepplin, Rush, The Who

Don't know The Who very well, but man, I love Rush. 2112 and Moving Pictures are awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 13:22:29

At 3/5/10 12:51 PM, HDXmike wrote:
At 3/5/10 12:39 PM, Toast wrote: you're being the jerk here.
Duh ,of course I am .

also, nipples

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 16:01:47

You guys no MercuryBD?
Well, his art and animation is VERY well done.

I've known him for a while an we decided to do a game together.

All we needed was an additional artist and a programmer.

An additional artist was found yesterday, JohnnyUtah.

now a programmer, I'm talking to TomFulp about it right now, and he's really interested

:)

I am a FAB

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 16:30:59

I actually used to be a decent Linkin Park fan when Hybrid Theory came out. It was a nice, new sound at the time. I downloaded their EP (when the band name itself was Linkin Park) and I think the music on there was actually incredible. I was more of a fan when it was a Duo between mike and chester.

Then... I went to a LP concert and saw a bunch of 13 year old girls with "I <3 Chester" painted on their faces getting fucked up too close to a pit during Taproot's opening set. Good times.

After Hybrid Theory though, it started sounding like they were trying too hard to come up with songs instead of just being inspired.

One of those bands where I really think they had something good, and it just didn't pan out.

Writer @ www.Johnrickett.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 16:56:31

At 3/5/10 04:30 PM, Johnny wrote: I actually used to be a decent Linkin Park fan when Hybrid Theory came out. It was a nice, new sound at the time. I downloaded their EP (when the band name itself was Linkin Park) and I think the music on there was actually incredible. I was more of a fan when it was a Duo between mike and chester.

I agree with you. Hybrid theory is amazing.

And I agree with Toast.
It's the same with visual arts, movies, and games. (And even science and engineering) It's all about appreciation. If you know how something works like a painting or a musical composition, you have more appreciation for what the author put into it which means it may be considered better. But music goes for all different kinds of moods and if someone wants to be inspired they'll listen to classical music, if they want to dance at a club they'll listen to hiphop and if they want to be entertained while doing homework they'll listen to whatever they feel like.

Like...if you PLAY guitar, you can't hate on guns n roses. you'd just hate linkin park more...

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 17:39:05

At 3/5/10 04:01 PM, Farza wrote: now a programmer, I'm talking to TomFulp about it right now, and he's really interested

WTF is this even for?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 18:10:11

Project management, creating vision while doing no work.

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 18:19:21

At 3/5/10 06:03 PM, citricsquid wrote: fartza has a big career in project management ahead of him

lul. I don't think I'll be on NG forever.

I still gotta make a doc for the game.....damn.

I am a FAB

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 18:55:22

No offense, Farza, but project management isn't exactly an... erm... respectable position.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 19:08:34

At 3/5/10 06:55 PM, Archon68 wrote: No offense, Farza, but project management isn't exactly an... erm... respectable position.

It is when you've gotten some of the most well-known guys on the website to work with you, and you can stir up huge support for a collab idea when you need to.
Farza has some incredible tricks and tactics, it's really quite impressive.

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 19:16:28

Farza's the next James Cameron.

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 19:32:17

At 3/5/10 06:55 PM, Archon68 wrote: No offense, Farza, but project management isn't exactly an... erm... respectable position.

and being a programmer is? :)

programming is nothing more than drudgery

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 19:39:22

At 3/5/10 07:32 PM, Toast wrote:
and being a programmer is? :)

You'd better be fucking kidding me, Toast. I knew you were a complete douche to begin with, but seriously?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 19:46:28

At 3/5/10 07:45 PM, HDXmike wrote: I cant really side with either of you

ORLY?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 19:49:58

At 3/5/10 07:46 PM, Archon68 wrote:
At 3/5/10 07:45 PM, HDXmike wrote: I cant really side with either of you
ORLY?

Yeah im gonna stay out of this one too...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 19:57:24

At 3/5/10 07:34 AM, Farza wrote: ThreedaysGrace, all the wAy.

seriously?!?! I mean, SERIOUSLY!??!?!? they suck

At 3/5/10 07:32 PM, Toast wrote: and being a programmer is? :)

an artist's bitch?

programming is nothing more than drudgery

sad truth

At 3/5/10 06:55 PM, Archon68 wrote: No offense, windowskiller, but project management isn't exactly an... erm... respectable position.

it isn't a position at all... Farza, have you even ever tried animating or programming? you should seriously at least try.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 20:30:54

When you think about it, unless you're a Molyneux type, all you're doing is drudgery. If you're not at the helm of the project, developing your idea with creative freedom, all you're doing is someone else's work. It's all drudgery. Anything that makes you money morally and legally is respectable, so I think the generalizations really need to be retired.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 20:33:24

Haha, you lot suck.

A few points:
Hardcore > All

anddd

Stop taking everything so seriously.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 20:34:32

The artist isn't always in front of the production.
In my eyes programming is always more important anyway.

I'd rather play a fighting game with moving blocks than play nothing.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 20:40:31

At 3/5/10 08:34 PM, elementell wrote: The artist isn't always in front of the production.

That's down to opinion. I'd rather look at a piece of art or listen to a piece of music, then play a fighting game with blocks.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 20:44:57

Cool, but programming is still a job for code monkeys whether you like it or not

At 3/5/10 07:45 PM, HDXmike wrote: Lets all have a little respect for each other , i think the reg lounge could get a bit hostile

Man, that's the only way to have fun. Respect is way overrated.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 20:47:31

At 3/5/10 08:40 PM, Sam wrote:
At 3/5/10 08:34 PM, elementell wrote: The artist isn't always in front of the production.

That's down to opinion. I'd rather look at a piece of art or listen to a piece of music, then play a fighting game with blocks.

Programming, no doubt, is the most important part. If someone programmed an absolutely outstanding fighting game with blocks, you could play it for days. On the other hand, if someone created an amazing animation, it would only last a few minutes.

Without programmers, artists can't make games at all.

Without artists, programmers can still make great games with a minimalist art style.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 20:50:18

At 3/5/10 08:47 PM, Archon68 wrote: Programming, no doubt, is the most important part. If someone programmed an absolutely outstanding fighting game with blocks, you could play it for days. On the other hand, if someone created an amazing animation, it would only last a few minutes.

Without programmers, artists can't make games at all.

Without artists, programmers can still make great games with a minimalist art style.

But then I could argue, that it is still basic art. So in that respect, if a artist knew basic progamming, even button clicking. With that information he could make a functional game.

But also, i could re watch that animation, it may get repetitive, but so would games.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 20:51:33

At 3/5/10 08:47 PM, Archon68 wrote: Without programmers, artists can't make games at all.

your point being?

why in hell would a programmer make an outstanding game with blocks? this discussion doesn't make any sense. all we're saying is that programming is just another one of those office jobs and it's no(t much) better than any other rudimentary drone job.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-03-05 20:52:55

At 3/5/10 08:51 PM, Toast wrote:
why in hell would a programmer make an outstanding game with blocks? this discussion doesn't make any sense. all we're saying is that programming is just another one of those office jobs and it's no(t much) better than any other rudimentary drone job.

that depends if you enjoy that drone job or not.