00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Enoughforcast just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,911,307 Views | 60,181 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-26 13:28:23

Level 13 get.
Also, any news on that flash multiplayer thing google was setting up?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-26 13:52:03

At 8/26/09 01:28 PM, Cryoma wrote: Level 13 get.
Also, any news on that flash multiplayer thing google was setting up?

say wha! how long you think before they make an operating system? also, got a link to an article?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-26 14:17:08

At 8/26/09 06:55 AM, Paranoia wrote:
At 8/26/09 04:52 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Ted Kennedy just died...
Who?

JFK's brother, senator from massachusetts for like 40 gazilion years in a row, hugely influential, still in office up the the day he died...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-26 14:40:22

At 8/26/09 02:36 PM, Keith wrote:
At 8/26/09 02:17 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
At 8/26/09 06:55 AM, Paranoia wrote:
At 8/26/09 04:52 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Ted Kennedy just died...
Who?
JFK's brother, senator from massachusetts for like 40 gazilion years in a row, hugely influential, still in office up the the day he died...
How many Kennedys are left and was he the first to go at an old age?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_fam ily

the kennedy family is crazily huge and complex

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-26 15:49:59

Now I really want to go to Arlington Nat'l Cemetery, so I can take my piccie with The Dead Kennedys (I'll photoshop Jello, Klaus, Ray, and Peligro later).

Still, he was an interesting fellow, who did accomplish some good things. But, I'm double plus sure that prostitutes everywhere are breathing a sigh of relief.

Life is funny.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-26 15:55:06

My position on the kennedys is the same I have will bill clinton, they were all great politicians and leaders and did amazing things for the country, but I wouldn't consider them moral role models. Still though, Ted was a huge factor in getting Obama the democratic party nomination, so you really can't discount how influential he is just because of the incident with the chick in the car and the bridge.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-26 16:47:43

Insecurity

Two 10 and 12 year old kids or so (respectively) tried to rob me today, classical "Hey bro, do you have the time on ya" when trying to call a friend from my cell phone which I was lucky enough to hide when they where coming, I'm kinda used to it, every person is in my city, so we all know more or less how to handle that kind of stuff, but I'm getting worried, since it's the third time this month, the country is going fucking downhill, the worst part is, when you see it from their side of the problem, you realize that they don't have the fault, it's all because of this one little woman:

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-26 17:02:45

At 8/26/09 04:47 PM, Zyphonee wrote: Insecurity

Two 10 and 12 year old kids or so (respectively) tried to rob me today, classical "Hey bro, do you have the time on ya" when trying to call a friend from my cell phone which I was lucky enough to hide when they where coming, I'm kinda used to it, every person is in my city, so we all know more or less how to handle that kind of stuff, but I'm getting worried, since it's the third time this month, the country is going fucking downhill, the worst part is, when you see it from their side of the problem, you realize that they don't have the fault, it's all because of this one little woman:

You could take on those 2.

But that's strange indeed. Might just be a crime wave that will go up then down. These things happen. Like in the early 90's New York had a massive crime wave but then by the late 90's crime was at an all time low. It was nothing the police or authorities did, it was just the fact that times were changing.

Malcolm Gladwell is a good writer.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-26 22:02:34

Hey sexys!

I'm trying my luck with a Facebook-based Flash game. I know some of the most popular ones get millions of views, but how easy is it really?

I'll keep you updated on how the game is received. TBH the first few days it's been pretty tough to get much anyone to play; and this is with News Feed messages promoting it.

Brain Train

Anyone thinking of starting up their own facebook app/games?
Maybe only the big companies have a chance?

Let's just wait and see.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-26 22:18:53

At 8/26/09 10:02 PM, Coolio-Niato wrote: Anyone thinking of starting up their own facebook app/games?

I was talking about this with James & Mark at the London meet. The final year university project isn't gonna be a Facebook app in it's own right, but will connect with Facebook (pulling in names and photos etc). Facebook is definitely a good thing to look into, even NG is getting involved, even if it is just for the game of the moment.

My only gripe is that the documentation leaves a lot to be desired.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-26 22:26:30

At 8/26/09 10:02 PM, Coolio-Niato wrote: Brain Train

this is excellent! i did really good on all the math parts but i sucked at the word scramble, never did get the first one (LEBID?)

Anyone thinking of starting up their own facebook app/games?

It's definately a big market, and good for simple addicting games

Maybe only the big companies have a chance?

Maybe with that attitude

btw expect a PM

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 04:08:01

Going to get my GCSE results! D: AAAHHHH

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 04:58:25

At 8/26/09 01:52 PM, ImpotentBoy2 wrote: say wha! how long you think before they make an operating system?

..They have two.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 06:04:44

Has anyone made any kind of money at all from the Newgrounds Ads? Just interested really, im currently on $0.04 :)

Cyclomaniacs has made $5k in ads from kongs api already, wtf!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 07:21:07

At 8/27/09 04:58 AM, GustTheASGuy wrote:
At 8/26/09 01:52 PM, ImpotentBoy2 wrote: say wha! how long you think before they make an operating system?
..They have two.

Isnt Andriod one?

GCSE Results
I took Maths and English early and got B overall in them :) Got Maths AS next year

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 07:26:49

At 8/27/09 06:04 AM, Jimp wrote: Has anyone made any kind of money at all from the Newgrounds Ads? Just interested really, im currently on $0.04 :)

Cyclomaniacs has made $5k in ads from kongs api already, wtf!

I am currently sitting on $0.88 for the month and $13.28 for the year... not bad I guess. It all depends on exposure. If you send your flashes/games to other sites and they get hosted here or there it leads to more ad rev. I have kept all my flashes on Newgrounds and a good hunk of mine comes from audio submissions as well.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 07:37:15

Hurray, finally back home after my 5 week trip through the States, I had an absolutely brilliant time there, it's quite the impressive country! Anyway, I'm filled to the brim with inspiration and I can't wait to continue working on my new project.

Did I miss anything interesting around here?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 07:45:08

At 8/27/09 07:37 AM, Xeptic wrote: Hurray, finally back home after my 5 week trip through the States, I had an absolutely brilliant time there, it's quite the impressive country! Anyway, I'm filled to the brim with inspiration and I can't wait to continue working on my new project.

Did I miss anything interesting around here?

Someone died.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 07:49:23

If we're talking about Ted Kennedy, well then *shrug* I suppose. Hadn't really heard of him until I read about his death in a newspaper in San Francisco. Are we talking about Ted?

I hope we are.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 08:44:45

At 8/27/09 07:49 AM, Xeptic wrote: If we're talking about Ted Kennedy, well then *shrug* I suppose. Hadn't really heard of him until I read about his death in a newspaper in San Francisco. Are we talking about Ted?

I hope we are.

We're talking about Luis. His Machete years finally caught up with him.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 08:56:11

It is a sad day, we will always miss his sombrero tinted charm. RIP Luis.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 08:56:38

Anyone have any "really good" ideas for an iPhone / iPod touch game that isn't an enormous project?

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 11:00:29

The thing I noticed about Facebook apps is that a few get millions of view and the majority of the ones that are actually better games are ignored. For instance all the rip-offs of bust-a-move get loads of views every day. The quiz's also get millions as well as car dodging XD Anything more complicated than that is too complicated for your main target audience (15 year old's that only go on youtube, facebook and whatever else.)

Also something like fantastic contraption would be perfect for an iphone app. I don't have one so it could already be on there. (Google it if you don#t know what it is.)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 11:06:17

At 8/27/09 08:56 AM, El-Presidente wrote: Anyone have any "really good" ideas for an iPhone / iPod touch game that isn't an enormous project?

Throw different farm animals at the side of a barn. Cows, chickens, goats, horses at the flick of a finger go flying and then smack into the barn in a non violent, comical way. You gain points by the bigger dent you make with the animal. All depending on how hard you flick.

It can be called "The Broad Side"

ill leave now

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 11:41:48

You brits sure love your football...

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 11:51:32

So I got 1 a* 2 As 5 Bs and a C :D pretty damn happy

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 12:11:40

Someone decompiled one of my games, stripped the branding, and added a custom preroll ad for their own lucrative gains. A simple email to Mochi killed their ad rolls, but man... people are whack.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 12:24:26

At 8/27/09 12:11 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Someone decompiled one of my games, stripped the branding, and added a custom preroll ad for their own lucrative gains. A simple email to Mochi killed their ad rolls, but man... people are whack.

haha, greedy son of a bitch that guy must be...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 12:54:38

Would really appreciate some Reg input in this thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1098 581

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-27 13:13:13

At 8/27/09 07:37 AM, Xeptic wrote: Hurray, finally back home after my 5 week trip through the States, I had an absolutely brilliant time there, it's quite the impressive country! Anyway, I'm filled to the brim with inspiration and I can't wait to continue working on my new project.

Where'd you? Which states? I wanna visit the UK ):