00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,914,531 Views | 60,181 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-14 19:30:22

I never realized the onion was a reliable source for apple products.

WHY APPLE WHY I LIKE MY KEYBOARD OMG

that was funny even though i'm an apple 'fanboy'

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-14 19:47:04

Lmao...

Patu explains binary incorrectly to show that he was taught binary a long time ago so he could understand a joke that ironically says there are 2 kinds of people in the world, people who know binary and people who don't...

...and Michael Hurst apparently believes the onion...

This thread is silly.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-14 22:20:29

At 1/14/09 05:04 PM, Blackfang wrote: If you don't have a PS3, fuckin get one. I'm obsessed with LBP and Fallout3.

Blackfang630

I know this was a topic from like a whole page ago

damn

but just wanted to know if any of you awesome ps3 users

if you haven't already, add me on PSN my addy is Duchednier, same as NG ^_^

have played Resistance 2? I'm looking forward to getting it as its supposedly FLIPPING EPIC! And basically the PS3 version of Halo, but supposedly better (I haven't played Res.2 yet though so i can't judge)

and here's a random thought:
How sweet would it be to have a 30 vs. 30 all NG members ultimate DEATHMATCH on resistance?!

since you can go up to 60 ppl online at a time :D no lag either from what all reviews have told me

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-14 22:31:14

At 1/14/09 07:47 PM, Coaly wrote: ...and Michael Hurst apparently believes the onion...

Lol, I've never heard of the Onion so I didn't know that it was a joke site.

At 1/14/09 07:25 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Forum 2, Thread '578434', Post 4026, Line 7 1120: Access of undefined property Apple.
Forum 2, Thread '578434', Post 4026, Line 7 1120: Access of undefined property Fail.

Welll...I was simply posting a small fragment of my if statement. It went somethin like

if (apple==fail){
MichaelBelievingTheOnion==true;
} else {
MichaelBelievingTheOnion==false;
}
}

Plus, Apple has already been defined as fail, therefore I was stating the fact that Apple equals fail.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-14 23:00:33

At 1/14/09 10:31 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: MichaelBelievingTheOnion==false;

Honestly now, start your variables with lower case letters.

Hurray for nitpicking!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-14 23:06:57

At 1/14/09 05:11 PM, mwmike wrote: Is that some kind of Facebook bug or have you edited the source code? I was on it a few hours ago and it was indicating that it was today. I've also been on the Newgrounds page, and that showed the correct time for messages too.

Just a bug. If I refreshed the page it would have probably shown it correctly =p

At 1/14/09 10:20 PM, Duchednier wrote: have played Resistance 2? I'm looking forward to getting it as its supposedly FLIPPING EPIC! And basically the PS3 version of Halo, but supposedly better (I haven't played Res.2 yet though so i can't judge)

It is epic, it's beautiful, fun and overall a fantastic game. One flaw with the game: It's FUCKING IMPOSSIBLY HARD. I'm playing on medium and it's ridiculous, fucking Chimera everywhere =[ It's bloody annoying walking through a dark house and these pods keep exploding and huge creatures start lunging at you too, especially since you just ran out of ammo killing some hybrids. The chameleons are ridiculous too - they're invisible and only appear as they pounce at you (they 1 hit you too), so you need to be quick with the shotgun.

Despite it being FUCKING HARD, it's very fun. It's very forgiving too, checkpoints everywhere so you never have to relive anything too much. The online is good too, R1 was great online even though the actual gunplay wasn't my cup of tea - the levelling system and everything is gooddd.

At 1/14/09 10:31 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: if (apple==fail){
MichaelBelievingTheOnion==true;
} else {
MichaelBelievingTheOnion==false;
}
}

The == operator checks for equality, it isn't an assignment operator. Learn2Code noob =D

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-14 23:33:28

At 1/14/09 11:06 PM, liaaaam wrote: One flaw with the game: It's FUCKING IMPOSSIBLY HARD. I'm playing on medium and it's ridiculous, fucking Chimera everywhere =[

Is it harder then Ninja Gaiden 2? Cause that game was one of the hardest games I have ever played. And on easy to.

Hey yo

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 00:45:33

At 1/14/09 11:33 PM, Alpharius120 wrote: Is it harder then Ninja Gaiden 2? Cause that game was one of the hardest games I have ever played. And on easy to.

I've never played through Ninja Gaiden but what I have played was quite easy =/

Anyway, yes. It's harddd.

And magnum rawks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 02:50:26

I heard Resistance 2 is too much of a mindless killbox (run into area, things try to kill you, repeat). Or is this one of those games that I shouldn't be playing on single player?

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 06:22:25

At 1/15/09 02:50 AM, jmtb02 wrote: I heard Resistance 2 is too much of a mindless killbox (run into area, things try to kill you, repeat). Or is this one of those games that I shouldn't be playing on single player?

I dunno, it kinda is but the excellent bosses kinda split it up. The co-op has completely different stories (and is even harder unless you play online with 8 people).

Btw, you're the only one missing from.. FLASH MODS LONDON MEET :O

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 08:34:25

At 1/15/09 06:22 AM, liaaaam wrote: Btw, you're the only one missing from.. FLASH MODS LONDON MEET :O

...or is he?!?! ;D

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 09:12:03

I just got my PSAT results; apparently I scored better than 95% of american college students in mathematics and better than 91% in writing skills. I'm pretty happy because at least I got a proof that I'm not mentally handicapped - which my current grades at school pretty much suggest. im gonna try to actually study when i do the SAT

im in a good mood right now :)

who wants to make a flash game? >:c

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 11:27:10

At 1/15/09 08:34 AM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 1/15/09 06:22 AM, liaaaam wrote: Btw, you're the only one missing from.. FLASH MODS LONDON MEET :O
...or is he?!?! ;D

wins ++; :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 11:32:01

Macbook Wheel

That seems extremely stupid, and their claims that it makes typing easier, though it does the complete opposite of that. If that type of technology becomes compulsory (at some point in the future), I'd keep using a computer with a keyboard, it's far easier and quicker. Mind you, it may all be a piece of shit, since I don't know if 'Onion' is a credible news source.

At 1/13/09 09:47 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: An example of it is my header on my page :D.

That looks quite nice. I may or may not download that later. If I do, I'll tell you.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 12:25:01

At 1/15/09 11:32 AM, mwmike wrote: Macbook Wheel

That seems extremely stupid, and their claims that it makes typing easier, though it does the complete opposite of that. If that type of technology becomes compulsory (at some point in the future), I'd keep using a computer with a keyboard, it's far easier and quicker. Mind you, it may all be a piece of shit, since I don't know if 'Onion' is a credible news source.

At the risk of you actually joking, I'm just going to go ahead and say that the onion news network is a fake news website.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 12:31:39

At 1/15/09 11:32 AM, mwmike wrote: Mind you, it may all be a piece of shit, since I don't know if 'Onion' is a credible news source.

You've not been on the Internet long have you ;).

At 1/15/09 02:50 AM, jmtb02 wrote: I heard Resistance 2 is too much of a mindless killbox (run into area, things try to kill you, repeat). Or is this one of those games that I shouldn't be playing on single player?

It's got good online options, 8 player co-op, 60 player online. Not the best game i've ever played, but the story isn't bad and the weapons are good, but yeah, it's pretty simple. I'm looking forward to KZ2, comes out on me birthday :).

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 12:47:29

I forgot how much computing wanted to make me cry (first real lesson since holidays, the only other 2 were exams; the rest I had exams so missed). A whole lesson of people trying to do arrays, even when we've spent 2 lessons on them before. Estimated time of completion: 10mins.

Then I just browsed xkcd :P

On brighter news, I finally told mother about meet. I can definitly go if I find someone else who will go with me (as in irl), which I probably can't. But she said I can probably go, she's gonna check with dad when he gets home :)

I R HOPEFUL

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 13:28:52

At 1/14/09 11:14 AM, UnknownFury wrote:
At 1/14/09 11:04 AM, patu1 wrote: binary stuff
If you are talking about 1 is 10, 2 is 11, 3 is 100 then my big brother and mother taught me that when i was around 8 two..but the only reason for it was to explain the joke " there are 10 kinds of people in the word. those who know binary and those who don't."
Heh, either they taught you wrong or you forgot :P

LOL I wanted to write That i couldn't remember it but forgot to.. Also they thought it right and it is pretty easy. i am pretty embarrassed right now =]

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 15:08:04

At 1/15/09 08:34 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: ...or is he?!?! ;D

Pro Fact: John has managed to miss every single mod meet and reg get-together. SOMEDAY.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 15:31:25

At 1/15/09 03:08 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Pro Fact: John has managed to miss every single mod meet and reg get-together. SOMEDAY.

Un-Pro Fact: Dep hasn't been to a meet yet because he's a poor hobo.

Send your monies to depneedscash@gmail.com

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 16:50:26

I'm lovin the comments for Resistance, We ALL MUST GAME IT UP SOON! (buying it tonight)

DAMN TWILIGHT FANGIRLS

So my GF sent me this link yesterday and it completely made my day, and at the same time made me go "holy fuck are you serious?!"
THE OFFICIAL TWI-TARD ATTACK DIRECTORY
This here is a big list of attacks from Twilight fans. All from people who have said "Yeah the book wasn't my cup o' tea" or "The movie wasn't the best movie ever"

Theres a story about how 2 girls IN GRADE 6 tried to drown a grade 5 student in a toilet because they said it was bad O.o

a personal quote of mine, takes place right after he tells her "twilight was an average book"
She just stares at me angrily for quite a while, then obviously seeming to have decided on something, wrapped her hands around my throat. Shocked, my hand automatically shot up and hit her across the face. She continued to choke me, and out of anger and panic I kicked her square in the stomach. She released her grip and fell back against a table. Furious, I ran towards her and slapped her multiple times.

Finally my classmates tore me off of her and the substitute took me and the bitch up to the principal, where she got a weeks detention and I got two days. Not bad I guess, seeing as I made her bleed a little.

Just thought i should share :P it will bring you entertainment if you're bored :D

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 18:15:50

At 1/15/09 05:28 PM, Kanadian-Keith wrote: Lets go people, start sending in the cash

After you :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 18:40:50

At 1/15/09 06:27 PM, Kanadian-Keith wrote:
At 1/15/09 06:15 PM, SweetSkater wrote:
At 1/15/09 05:28 PM, Kanadian-Keith wrote: Lets go people, start sending in the cash
After you :)
"Since I'm starting the campaign, I can't donate money, only time"

This seems like a worthy cause. How much do you need??! I'd like to contribute by donating my moral support!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 18:44:53

At 1/15/09 06:40 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: This seems like a worthy cause. How much do you need??! I'd like to contribute by donating my moral support!

I'd donate like 10 bucks if that works.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 20:57:48

I'm always late to the bandwagon on these things, but anyone seen this?

http://vimeo.com/993998

I was astounded!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 21:05:38

At 1/14/09 11:06 PM, liaaaam wrote: The == operator checks for equality, it isn't an assignment operator. Learn2Code noob =D

Argghhh. I knew that lol. I guess I was using == so much that I accidentally put == instead of =.

= sets a variable and == is used to check for equality. I'm not that much of a noob.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 21:28:15

Hey guys!

Been working on an engine over the past few days for my uni project... This is the first proper game ive coded and im using AS3 which ive never used ... Ive managed to make quite a nice little platformer engine though, which im really pleased with :)

The basic idea of the game will be that you are in a dream world, the twist being you have the power to switch from dream to nightmare and back. Youll have to solve puzzles and get through the levels switching between the 2, kind of the way games like SHIFT work.

Im really excited about doing all the transitions between the 2 worlds and have some great ideas bubbling up already... This is just a test level and the engine is still really early and buggy, im an as newbie :P

Let me know what you think!
Arrows to move Space to toggle dream/nightmare

Link

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 21:35:29

At 1/15/09 09:28 PM, J1mp wrote: Hey guys!

Cool concept, and it looks nice as well. I can't help with the coding bit because I suck with that. Only thing I can think of to comment on would be to perhaps make the nightmare portion more nightmare-y, or a more striking contrast. I'm not sure how dark you're wanting to go with it, or how 'twisted', I suppose, but it seems to be just more like night time, but the building change is cool. If you want a good example of contrast between dark and light, check out some stuff on Prince of Persia (the newest one). That game does it incredibly well, and perhaps might spark some ideas.

Also, I need to post here more and lurk less :/

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 21:42:01

At 1/15/09 09:28 PM, J1mp wrote: Link

Looks great, and original :D. It reminds me of Chrono Cross (sequel to Chrono Trigger), where you like...change worlds and you have to go to one world to do something and stuff. Yeah, I'm nerdy.

Theres one thing I noticed (even though this is just a test level) was that if you really tried to you could get through the whole level without switching to the nightmare. Which I'm assuming wasn't intentional. Also, as some other people said, make the nightmare more nightmarish.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-01-15 22:36:21

At 1/15/09 09:28 PM, J1mp wrote: Hey guys!

cool game. But strangely enough, I picked up a couple gaming magazines on my way back from hawai'i and I saw a game with almost the same concept. I can't find the magazines but I know you switch between dream and nightmare.

Hey yo