00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted SkilledFella supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,894,980 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-04 19:12:42

At 7/4/08 05:33 PM, NG-Unit wrote: Music
Thanks ahead of time

Why not just look around the audio portal? There are some great songs over there.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-04 19:33:02

Its true, check out the audio portal first of all, maybe you can find someone there who will even make custom stuff for you?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-04 22:24:00

I want YOU to enjoy your meal. Happy 4th!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

always behind schedule.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-04 22:43:20

Future Career With What you do.

Im a Flash Artist and i love doing things involving graphics. Id like to move on to 3d games i think. It just seems fun to work with. I actually plan on working with Valve, the people who make Team Fortress 2, Half-Life, basically the Orange Box. I just think it would be a cool job and i love the games they make. Dont know which one yet, but Animator, Graphics Designer, or Artist all sound good. =)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-04 23:05:41

/me is missing Hype at Studio B in Brooklyn, New York.

Is anyone here in the club scene or DJing or dance music?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-04 23:25:31

At 7/4/08 11:10 PM, SpamBurger wrote: However, I plan to join the Marine Corps as an officer after college. I may make that my career (depending on how much I like it) which means I couldn't really work as a professional game programmer. But, if the Marines isn't really my thing, then I'll just wait until my contract is served, and then find a job somewhere else as a programmer :)

After college? Im not sure how it all works in the Marines, but my brother is in the Forces, and after he is done, he gets his college payed for by the government for serving. Might want to look into that. Do college for free after serving???

And as far as doing this kind of stuff for a living, I might actually be doing some work for a game company here in town. They need a flash guy, so they came to me. Had an interview a week ago. Wont be doing any work for them for another few weeks though.

And the guys who im working for next month came from BioWare, which is only a 4 hour drive from where i live. So, I'm getting my connections.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-04 23:44:14

At 7/4/08 11:10 PM, SpamBurger wrote: Future Career With What you do

I'm here to show animations and i plan to do so for a long time. Aka: Proffesional animator for some odd company or maybe start my own? That would be neats!!
But i might have to pull an "Adam Phillips" and keep using flash, its just that fun!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 00:08:19

Hey bitches.

Just thought I'd tell you all I'm alive, and I might not have internet this coming week, so don't miss me too much. I had it all this week, but didn't really feel like posting that much, and just dove mostly. I thought I'd give you a sneak peek of my pictures, so here's Nemo...yeah, I fucking found the bastard!
http://bay01.imagebay.com/bay.php?view=3 9570_DSC_3960.jpg

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 00:42:09

At 7/4/08 11:10 PM, SpamBurger wrote: Much like the other programmers here, I want to be a game programmer (I really want to work for Bethesda, the creators of the Elder Scrolls series).

Bethesda sounds like a fun time. Of course, my wanted future job at Valve would be a step up for me, seeing as how if i wanted to design a lot id have to learn some 3d. Of course i can always learn. Hard or not it still seems like i can have a good time there with the team.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 01:02:29

At 7/4/08 11:10 PM, SpamBurger wrote: Future Career With What you do
Much like the other programmers here, I want to be a game programmer (I really want to work for Bethesda, the creators of the Elder Scrolls series).

That would be the ideal game company that I would like to work for as well!
I have loved the Elder Scrolls series since Morrowind came out.

:'(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 02:27:53

im drunk and in general forum i volunteered to fuck someone and to sponsor a tattoo!

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 03:07:53

At 7/5/08 02:27 AM, Luis wrote: im drunk and in general forum i volunteered to fuck someone and to sponsor a tattoo!

Psh, what kind of a role-model are you? Remember, drinking is bad for your health, kids! Don't end up like mr. Castanon.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 03:51:43

Your physical healthy, yeah... but it ain't too bad for your social health :p

We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.

Freshmaking

Brainscrape

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 07:02:01

At 7/5/08 02:27 AM, Luis wrote: im drunk and in general forum i volunteered to fuck someone and to sponsor a tattoo!

I'll be joining you tonight, huge party at my place. I'm gonna go search to see who you said you would fuck, that could be interesting. hooray for the 4th!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 08:10:26

It's certainly a step up from booking trips to Germany.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 08:22:27

More AS3 bugs

Apparently Flash has now decided that a certain MovieClip and everything nested inside it doesn't have any frames. Yay.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 10:35:23

At 7/5/08 08:22 AM, Paranoia wrote: More AS3 bugs

Apparently Flash has now decided that a certain MovieClip and everything nested inside it doesn't have any frames. Yay.

I'm too lazy to learn AS3 - i can hardly code in as2, have fun

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 11:40:06

At 7/5/08 12:42 AM, Blackfang wrote:
At 7/4/08 11:10 PM, SpamBurger wrote: Much like the other programmers here, I want to be a game programmer (I really want to work for Bethesda, the creators of the Elder Scrolls series).
Bethesda sounds like a fun time. Of course, my wanted future job at Valve would be a step up for me, seeing as how if i wanted to design a lot id have to learn some 3d. Of course i can always learn. Hard or not it still seems like i can have a good time there with the team.

Hey guys, I've been learning C++ like MAD and was wondering if you wanted to team up to make something cool. I think it would be a fun experience... interested?
ryanpridgeon@hotmail.co.uk

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 13:00:42

At 7/5/08 10:35 AM, Saza wrote:
At 7/5/08 08:22 AM, Paranoia wrote: More AS3 bugs

I'm too lazy to learn AS3 - i can hardly code in as2, have fun

Amen to that. I get by using the timeline control and Behaviors bar in AS2, thats where its at =D

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 13:18:54

Platform Issues

I can't seem to get rid of the jittering and the sinking. I made a for statement to detect if the character will hit the ground before the full gravity value is added and I modify as such. It worked, but now I still have jittering issues. When i get rid of the jittering, the sinking comes back. It's very frustrating because it works perfectly in one frame, but comes up with issues in the next. Grr....

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 17:58:19

Metal Gear Collab
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/44 7506
It really is the best collab i have seen on newgrounds, 10/10. And Stampers part at the end, oh wow.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 18:36:11

At 7/5/08 05:58 PM, SweetSkater wrote: Metal Gear Collab
It really is the best collab i have seen on newgrounds, 10/10. And Stampers part at the end, oh wow.

Yeah, there was a load of impressive stuff there. Really top notch. Anyone who didn't think that it was totally epic deserves an unnecessary medical procedure.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 18:38:10

At 7/5/08 05:58 PM, SweetSkater wrote: Metal Gear Collab

Yeah, there was a load of impressive stuff there. Really top notch. Anyone who didn't think that it was totally epic deserves an unnecessary medical procedure.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 18:52:43

Mindchamber's "Take on me" parody was my fave. That was some quality stuff.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 19:24:10

At 7/5/08 06:52 PM, BoMToons wrote: Mindchamber's "Take on me" parody was my fave. That was some quality stuff.

That had to be my fave part too. Some stuff was pretty hilarious I must admit, even the ones with poor artwork seemed to add that extra bit of awesome stuff I'd expect from an NG collab.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 19:31:03

And that's only Disc 1 yeyeyeyey

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 19:35:00

Oh yeah, I found 2 easter eggs.. how many are there?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 20:32:45

At 7/5/08 07:35 PM, Wurmy1029 wrote: Oh yeah, I found 2 easter eggs.. how many are there?

No clue :P i'm too lazy to look.

DID ANYBODY SEE MY PART!! <3 it was the intermission, exactly in the middle #25, its a shame though mine goes right before mindchambers, and then everyone forgets about it because his was so good =D

Disc 1 = 10/10
i'll bet disc 2 will get an 11..maybe 14.5

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 22:16:42

So I just played Shift 3..one word to describe it...unbelievable!
I think its on armorgames only right now..has anyone beaten it?(I didnt)

:'(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-05 22:31:48

At 7/5/08 10:16 PM, Treerung wrote: So I just played Shift 3..one word to describe it...unbelievable!
I think its on armorgames only right now..has anyone beaten it?(I didnt)

To be honest I liked the first Shift. Sure, it copied Portal and tried to use that type of humor but it worked pretty well. Shift 2 and 3 however, I just don't like. The puzzles got pretty repetitive, and bland. Nothing really new or fun was added in, just same ol' game with more levels. And the humor just got boring after the first one. So Personally I don't really like Shift 3 :/

BBS Signature