00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Playstation Empire

263,250 Views | 6,100 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-23 18:50:02

At 1/23/07 06:47 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:
At 1/23/07 06:13 PM, D13Daniel wrote: Wow, I just beated Sons of Liberty and I must say, I can't believe I never played MGS before.
For the poll, I'll put Daxter, just because they came out first.
How long did it take you to beat it? It took me 14 hours (about 14).

Near that, I just beated it 2 hours ago. I haven't played Resident Evil too, so should I play those also?

D13, the most elite you've ever seen.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-23 18:52:03

At 1/23/07 06:50 PM, D13Daniel wrote:
Near that, I just beated it 2 hours ago. I haven't played Resident Evil too, so should I play those also?

I really didn't like that GW thing it sort of made me hate MGS2.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-24 04:48:37

At 1/23/07 06:52 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: I really didn't like that GW thing it sort of made me hate MGS2.

HAHA why by injecting a unique twist into a video game, it's story rivals most movies because of its groundbreaking story.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-24 07:01:54

I completed MGS2 about a year ago even though I had it since it came out.
I thought it was a great (but fucking weird) game!
My favourite quote in it is when Raiden (is that his name?) says "cut the crap" at the end.
It just sounded so funny to me and my friend at the time.

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-24 07:53:36

Hello again everyone, I had my parents completely reloaded Windows on my computer, so now it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster. Well, I think I'll try and find some news for everyone to enjoy, so I'll be back in a bit. Oh and no one-liners, you're getting a little bit into the risky zone... Good thing Mars won't kick you out... quite yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-24 07:54:50

What do you guys think of The Warriors?I like the game but found it far to easy toward the end good game but could be better.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-24 08:00:11

Couldn't find much but I found this on About.com: Copied and pasted

Sony's silence on PSP2 makes folks speculate about the PlayStation 4
When GamePro called Sony about the PSP2 rumors floating about, they were informed by a representative that "to date we have made no announcements concerning a new PSP or a HDD." Sony has always been very tight lipped, as the very few announcements of the PS3 has shown. The GamePro article goes on to speculate that the new talks between nVidia and Sony could have to do with the PSP2, or the, get this, PlayStation 4. Wow, that was an interesting jump to make. While I don't doubt there will be a PS4, with neural net/wetware jacks and force-feedback body suits, I think it may be early to speculate about it, especially in light of the fact that we have yet to see the a final version of the PS3. So, all we really know is that Sony is tinkering in its R&D labs on something, and that nVidia is likely involved. Whether it be the PSP2, a PS4, a PS3 power glove (please, oh please) or some other bizarre item, they did patent a video brain-feed, remains to be seen. [Source: GamePro.com]

Hehe, so they call it a PSP2! Ha! So, PSP2 doesn't sound so stupid now, does it?

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-24 11:18:21

Yesterday I saw playing Ultimate Spiderman again, the Venom vs Electro level. I chased him through the streets, battered him once, he turned into this flying blue creature, battered him a couple more times, but he recharged his health. I then realised I had to destroy all the neon signs, which I did, while protecting the fainted spidey at all times. Electro was on his last chunk of health, one more car throw would have killed him... but No. The stinking machine switched off.

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-24 11:53:27

At 1/24/07 08:00 AM, MrCritical wrote: Couldn't find much but I found this on About.com: Copied and pasted

Sony's silence on PSP2 makes folks speculate about the PlayStation 4
When GamePro called Sony about the PSP2 rumors floating about, they were informed by a representative that "to date we have made no announcements concerning a new PSP or a HDD." Sony has always been very tight lipped, as the very few announcements of the PS3 has shown. The GamePro article goes on to speculate that the new talks between nVidia and Sony could have to do with the PSP2, or the, get this, PlayStation 4. Wow, that was an interesting jump to make. While I don't doubt there will be a PS4, with neural net/wetware jacks and force-feedback body suits, I think it may be early to speculate about it, especially in light of the fact that we have yet to see the a final version of the PS3. So, all we really know is that Sony is tinkering in its R&D labs on something, and that nVidia is likely involved. Whether it be the PSP2, a PS4, a PS3 power glove (please, oh please) or some other bizarre item, they did patent a video brain-feed, remains to be seen. [Source: GamePro.com]

Hehe, so they call it a PSP2! Ha! So, PSP2 doesn't sound so stupid now, does it?

The PS4 is supposed to be out in about eleven years, buts thats stupid, they have nothing to improve in. I would say 20-30 years when some new technology comes in. PSP2 is unessesary, im not getting it if it comes out soon. But is it tue that you will be able to copy discs to your hardrive? I doubt it, it would but half the companys out of buisness.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-24 12:02:43

I've had enough of the PS3, there is a lot of talk. "is it going to be good?" and all that crap. Yes of course it will be good and frankly I don't care about PS4, even if it does come out it will be delayed and delayed until some new company invents a completely different console, or a time machine. :P

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-24 12:17:10

At 1/24/07 12:02 PM, Marsupial wrote: I've had enough of the PS3, there is a lot of talk. "is it going to be good?" and all that crap. Yes of course it will be good and frankly I don't care about PS4, even if it does come out it will be delayed and delayed until some new company invents a completely different console, or a time machine. :P

People just dont want to waste their money, and sometimes things written on paper dont look as good as in real life. I know it will be good, but I want to know if it will be THAT good.
Has anyone seen the PS3 shooter 'haze'? Looks like far cry for the Xbox.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-24 12:20:23

At 1/24/07 12:17 PM, ojmosher wrote:
At 1/24/07 12:02 PM, Marsupial wrote: I've had enough of the PS3, there is a lot of talk. "is it going to be good?" and all that crap. Yes of course it will be good and frankly I don't care about PS4, even if it does come out it will be delayed and delayed until some new company invents a completely different console, or a time machine. :P
People just dont want to waste their money,

It won't exactly be a waste but the price IS far too high and will put many people buying one but I have said many times, it will be worth it.

and sometimes things written on paper dont look as good as in real life. I know it will be good, but I want to know if it will be THAT good.

Right then.

Has anyone seen the PS3 shooter 'haze'? Looks like far cry for the Xbox.

Yes I've seen that, looks awesome but I'd rather go for Turok.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-24 12:28:28

At 1/24/07 12:20 PM, Marsupial wrote:
At 1/24/07 12:17 PM, ojmosher wrote: Has anyone seen the PS3 shooter 'haze'? Looks like far cry for the Xbox.
Yes I've seen that, looks awesome but I'd rather go for Turok.

Turok, what a brilliant game, I got it for PS2. blowing peoples arms and heads off from a distance really does get fun. I used to spend hours on that. Great idea to remake it for PS3...

Has anyone played the Luminus games, there so under-rated, just becasue its a classic dosnt mean its rubbish. Its so addictive, if a little tedious.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-24 14:41:22

Marsupial I would like to be one of the people in the member department thing. I just don't know EXACTLY what they do.

Oh and I think the whole Assassin's Creed thing is dumb. I mean Sony is SO stupid they let it lose its exclusive "virginity" if you will. Now it's for both the PS3 and the 360. Along with some other really good game. I forget the name. Like GI said "With enemies like Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft don't need friends."

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-24 14:50:02

At 1/24/07 02:41 PM, Lopezinator wrote: Marsupial I would like to be one of the people in the member department thing. I just don't know EXACTLY what they do.

Oh and I think the whole Assassin's Creed thing is dumb. I mean Sony is SO stupid they let it lose its exclusive "virginity" if you will. Now it's for both the PS3 and the 360. Along with some other really good game. I forget the name. Like GI said "With enemies like Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft don't need friends."

Wise words. I agree, but its the same isnt it, F.E.A.R for PS3? Things like that. We get MIcrosoft they get Sony. And you cant really expect the companys that woked hard on their games to noly give it one console, they need the money.
But I still agree with you, the PS3 is losing its biggest attraction: Origanal games. It sucks ass big time.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-24 15:48:09

At 1/24/07 02:50 PM, ojmosher wrote:
But I still agree with you, the PS3 is losing its biggest attraction: Origanal games. It sucks ass big time.

I know. The Wii already has like what? All original games? Well besides Far Cry I think. Or would you consider it original because it is the next one in the series? And if not, does that mean LOZ:TP is not an original game? I mean, it is only for Nintendo systems, but it's like the 8 game of the series. Well, still Red Steel, Wii Sports (of course), that one truck game, am I forgetting any of the ones that are out right now? Well there are still like 3 or 4 more original games coming out for the Wii in the next month or so. Like GI also said, the Wii is focusing less on outstanding graphics and such and going for what really matters- the fun factor of games and the gameplay itself. It'll be a while before the PS3 really catches up with the Wii and the 360.

I'm just gonna shower yall with yet another storm of horrible news. The president of the American branch of Sony (I think that's what you call him) said that the PS3s would not see any price drops or changes (if they aren't the same thing) in like, the next YEAR.

It just keeps coming don't it? It is really pouring crappy news right now for the PS3. Oh and a word of warning. I believe it is in the Wii Club but there is a video that you do NOT want to see. Trust me, if you are a really hardcore Sony fan you will throw a cinderblock through your computer screen in a futal attempt to hit the guy that is doing this.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-24 16:13:02

At 1/24/07 03:48 PM, Lopezinator wrote: I'm just gonna shower yall with yet another storm of horrible news. The president of the American branch of Sony (I think that's what you call him) said that the PS3s would not see any price drops or changes (if they aren't the same thing) in like, the next YEAR.

And, of course, we will soon hear the news of the PS3 being deleyed till April...then September. They make short deleys so people will think that they can soon get their hands on it and they wont go off and buy an Xbox or Wii.

It just keeps coming don't it? It is really pouring crappy news right now for the PS3. Oh and a word of warning. I believe it is in the Wii Club but there is a video that you do NOT want to see. Trust me, if you are a really hardcore Sony fan you will throw a cinderblock through your computer screen in a futal attempt to hit the guy that is doing this.

Is that the video of the official, larger women and the young, sexy women? Were the Wii is the blonde and the PS3 is the other one? I saw that, im still weeping on the inside...if not can you send me a link, I want to have a look.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-24 16:30:19

Scribes and reviewers: Write regular reviews, there is no time set, but be too inactive with the writing and you will be thrown out of the team

Flashman: Assisst in collabs and stuff, not much call for them, that's why there is only one.

Artist: Well makes sigs for our members and banners. At the moment I am doing those things but we need an artist around here.

Musician: Custom music = Quickbeam. Good at his job so unnecessary although would be nice

Online: Set up online matches and discuss online stuff really.

Messenger: News and stuff. Prove yourself and I'll make you head of the department.

Management: Spies and recruiting officers. Spies monitor the club, sending warning Pms for inactivity and abusive behaviour. Recruiting officers check out people who want to join.

Staff: Don't bother volunteereing for this. Me, Odyssic and DarkKnight run this joint, and new staff members will be selected by us.

Sorry for the crappy explanations. Take your pick.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-25 11:35:07

At 1/24/07 04:30 PM, Marsupial wrote: Scribes and reviewers: Write regular reviews, there is no time set, but be too inactive with the writing and you will be thrown out of the team

Flashman: Assisst in collabs and stuff, not much call for them, that's why there is only one.

Artist: Well makes sigs for our members and banners. At the moment I am doing those things but we need an artist around here.

Musician: Custom music = Quickbeam. Good at his job so unnecessary although would be nice

Online: Set up online matches and discuss online stuff really.

Messenger: News and stuff. Prove yourself and I'll make you head of the department.

Management: Spies and recruiting officers. Spies monitor the club, sending warning Pms for inactivity and abusive behaviour. Recruiting officers check out people who want to join.

Staff: Don't bother volunteereing for this. Me, Odyssic and DarkKnight run this joint, and new staff members will be selected by us.

Sorry for the crappy explanations. Take your pick.

You really are desperate for points ^^
Just pilling in the long things like this, but why didnt you just put it in the website and send a link?
Almost febuary and that means the new games are coming in soon!

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-25 11:39:43

At 1/25/07 11:35 AM, ojmosher wrote:

:: You really are desperate for points ^^

Just pilling in the long things like this, but why didnt you just put it in the website and send a link?

Because it's a crappy explanation and there's no point putting it on the site. I will tell people about it when they ask. If I wanted to win I would write a story, which is what I am doing now.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-25 11:42:33

At 1/24/07 04:30 PM, Marsupial wrote:

I will choose this one. It was my original anyway.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-25 11:44:38

At 1/25/07 11:42 AM, Lopezinator wrote:
At 1/24/07 04:30 PM, Marsupial wrote:

Spy or recruitment?

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-25 11:51:29

At 1/24/07 04:13 PM, ojmosher wrote:
Is that the video of the official, larger women and the young, sexy women? Were the Wii is the blonde and the PS3 is the other one? I saw that, im still weeping on the inside...if not can you send me a link, I want to have a look.

No it's much worse. Ok here is what basically happens.

These 3 or 4 guys are waiting in a line to buy a PS3 right? Well they wait for like hours until finally they get one. They are all like "Yah we got a PS3 finally!". Then they go outside. All of the people behind 'em are watching them walk out with the PS3 in hand. The people in line behind them were probably waiting like 3 hours or so and they are anxious to get one now that the group has bought one. Well one of the guys is wearing like a long pink fuzzy overcoat thing and a fuzzy hat and he's all raising it above his head and then everyone is like "YAH!!!" But then, lo and behold, he takes out the PS3. Everybody's like "What?" Some people were probably like "OMG NO! He isn't!!!" Well, he takes the PS3 and sets it on the ground. Then he's like "Do it!" and another guys comes in from off screen with a SLEDGEHAMMER.

Guess what he does next? He starts HITTING the PS3 WITH THE SLEDGEHAMMER. He totally demolishs it. Then some guy comes up and he's like "Dude that was sick!" so the leader guy picks up the PS3 and he's like "Here's a souvenir for ya." and gives it to him.

Told you it would be bad.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-25 11:52:35

At 1/25/07 11:44 AM, Marsupial wrote:
Spy or recruitment?

Spy. And would one of the leaders like you tell me who to send a PM to? I think you would I just wanna make sure.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-25 11:53:07

At 1/25/07 11:42 AM, Lopezinator wrote:

Spy or recruitment?

I repeat: Spy or Recruitment?

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-25 11:54:07

At 1/25/07 11:52 AM, Lopezinator wrote:
Spy or recruitment?
Spy. And would one of the leaders like you tell me who to send a PM to? I think you would I just wanna make sure.

Oh my bad, I didn't see this, PM the person being abusive or inactive, but if it's getting serious PM me before we throw them out.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-25 11:57:05

Hmm the recruiting oficer job is gathering quite a bit of popularity... is it the word officer?Now I really do think this job isn't to be given to anybody, since poeple are being checked to be able to post one has to have good posting habits himself. I can think of a few being able to handle the job, yet the experienced oes that have spent time here are no longer as active as before. I can think of only one that has the postng habits and the activity and the experience, and that's Seamonkey. For the recruiting officer job I would personally recommend him. but it's you staff's choice not mine

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-25 12:12:23

Lebastic, Seamonky already is a recruiting officer. There only are two, him and Jon. So now can we get back to PS?

I have reached my posting limit.

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-25 12:20:53

At 1/25/07 12:12 PM, Bed-and-BBS wrote: Lebastic, Seamonky already is a recruiting officer. There only are two, him and Jon. So now can we get back to PS?
I have reached my posting limit.

Well then why are you proposing for a third we should keep a memberlist about those you know. I'd be happy to keep one, but I realy think Lee Should do it taking the fact that he's keeping the regular memberlist

Also this is a topicwe have had long ago when we were few now that we have fresh blood in here I'd like to ask who would you define as a Playstation mascot. I'd say Crash Bandicoot is a good choice he stuck along with PS. but we can't deny some popular characters like Abe and Munch or Solid Snake. What do you think?

Response to Playstation Empire 2007-01-25 12:48:45

At 1/25/07 12:20 PM, Lebastic wrote:
Also this is a topicwe have had long ago when we were few now that we have fresh blood in here I'd like to ask who would you define as a Playstation mascot. I'd say Crash Bandicoot is a good choice he stuck along with PS. but we can't deny some popular characters like Abe and Munch or Solid Snake. What do you think?

Ratchet and Clank. They've been with Sony for what seems like years. They have also had a few more games than the other icons of the PS world. They have more the Jak and Daxter, along with some others like I said.