00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Toffea just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Programming Regs Lounge

715,339 Views | 15,737 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-01 17:46:38

At 2/1/08 05:29 PM, smulse wrote: Also, this is my sixthform (http://www.dixonsca.com/index.php?optio n=com_wrapper&Itemid=246)

I found you Sam!

Programming Regs Lounge

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-01 17:51:05

At 2/1/08 05:46 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: I found you Sam!

Heh nah, I'm not even on there >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-01 17:57:14

At 2/1/08 05:50 PM, citricsquid wrote: My urge to punch something is immense.
My school is so fucking shit compared to that, why can't i have gone there? :(
Fuck you life.

Lol someone really important from my school will probably find this and I'll get in loads of crap, but hey, free speech and all.

My school honestly isn't that good. So there are a lot of computers and the school looks quite big and modern, but that doesn't make it a good place to go. There are a lot of incredibly lame rules, you get into trouble for pathetic things and it's all a little, childish. They teach you what you need to know to "fit in" in the workplace, about how to use MS Office. They teach good grades = good success later on in life...

but happiness isn't determined by how high you climb the career ladder in your crappy office job.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-01 18:27:28

If you think that's bad... take a look at this: http://www.karedingenhof.be/

The school itself is about as sucky as the site. So praise yourself lucky.

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. " - Unknown

[ FluxBB developer | Quickmarks 0.5.1 | Strings & Ints - my blog ]

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-01 18:29:22

At 2/1/08 06:27 PM, elbekko wrote: If you think that's bad... take a look at this: http://www.karedingenhof.be/

The school itself is about as sucky as the site. So praise yourself lucky.

Their really clutching at straws when the taking pictures of 2 benches.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-01 18:53:25

At 2/1/08 06:47 PM, citricsquid wrote: Anyway, i wait all week for the weekend and then moan about school, lets move off the subject?

Anyone doing anything good this weekend? I'm going to try and create a fully functional site admin system, so far i've got a link management section nearly finished, just need to add a couple more features, then work on News and page adding script and it'll be good to use. :)

I love php, it's great fun to see what you can make.

Cool, Yes im celbrating my birthday. To celebrate im having a lan party with 20 of my friends on css and bf2.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-01 19:02:14

All an excuse to slack off! X(

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. " - Unknown

[ FluxBB developer | Quickmarks 0.5.1 | Strings & Ints - my blog ]

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-01 19:07:31

At 2/1/08 06:47 PM, citricsquid wrote: Anyone doing anything good this weekend?

Ummm batch cooking and homework, not really good but I'm not ahead now. I'm sort of behind and have to start my other paper next week :( I wish someone could do this crap for me, especially my reflective paper.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-01 19:40:59

Looks like nice school grounds. Having a river would surely require lots of insurance though.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-01 19:49:27

If you want to know where I went to hs, here's the link http://www.sjhs.pvt.k12.ct.us/ (A lot has changed since I was there and it's much better. The year I graduated they started adding on to the school.)

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-02 06:46:49

I am going out with a girl later on :D

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-02 11:09:10

At 2/2/08 06:46 AM, smulse wrote: I am going out with a girl later on :D

You lucky. I've always been kind of nervous asking the one I like out, even though I talk and hang around girls every day xD

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-02 12:24:47

I'm not so much nervous, I just can't really be bothered with girls at the moment

apart from her, she's amazing <3!

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-02 12:28:05

As Gordon Ramsey would say. "Grow some bollocks and use them!" The F word kicks ass >:)

As for my school days Primary school was the best. We were the worst class ever like a group of kids no-one wanted but it was a fun unproductive time. And thats the point of bing young. Enjoying yourself and doing nothing.

Highschool was just plain boring and mine is about to get demolished none of them really have sites I dont think. My collage had a site but it is also getting demolished. And theirs no point linking to the site of the new one as it wasnt the place I went to.

Uni has been ok for now. I say that even though I graduate in les then half a year. It has been easier then I expected though. Except for AI because im shit at math and they expect you to know how to do math stuff like appliing rules :-/ only a little extra reading though. But they never made math interesting at highschool.

PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik

irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-02 12:45:12

dont have time to post a thread on it, work in 5 mins, but basicly im really pissed off atm.

im working on photon mapping, i've got the casting stage down, and using my kd-tree shit am generating a kd-tree for the photon map.

however, the kd-tree algorithm is running EXTREMELY slowly, like 10-20x slower than it should be.

the algorithm for the casting populates an array that the kd-tree builder works on.

however, if i then re-populate the array afterwards with just random objects before building the tree, the kd-tree builder will run at the proper speed? wtf.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-02 14:22:52

At 2/2/08 12:35 PM, SpamBurger wrote:
At 2/1/08 06:56 PM, SpamBurger wrote: I think I may have found a technique that works for me, and allows me to induce lucid dreams at will, so all I will be doing this weekend is experimenting with sleep and lucid dreaming :)
Ha ha, I was right! I got 2 lucid dreams last night :D

Holy crap you HAVE to tell me how you do it. Lucid dreaming is SO AMAZING!

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-02 16:44:59

At 2/2/08 04:02 PM, SpamBurger wrote: Hm, I wonder how much trouble I will get it in if I post the exploit here...
This will alert your Newgrounds cookies. I could easily make a cookie stealer out of this.

That's quite bad :P

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-02 17:32:29

At 2/2/08 04:02 PM, SpamBurger wrote: Hm, I wonder how much trouble I will get it in if I post the exploit here...
This will alert your Newgrounds cookies. I could easily make a cookie stealer out of this.

You should PM Ross or someone :P

iamcoreyg.com // campnorth

Need a website? music? graphics? CONTACT ME.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-02 18:00:50

I bought a new domain today http://pnch.net/ (nothing on it atm, ideas)
P*NCH

I was thinking maybe for my web design shizz

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-02 19:49:18

At 2/2/08 06:04 PM, citricsquid wrote:
At 2/2/08 06:00 PM, smulse wrote: I bought a new domain today http://pnch.net/ (nothing on it atm, ideas)
P*NCH

I was thinking maybe for my web design shizz
Mine > yours.
http://syzo.net ftw.

also ngdl.net ngul.net nefr.net & squd.net

Why do you guys buy so many domains?? :/

iamcoreyg.com // campnorth

Need a website? music? graphics? CONTACT ME.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-02 23:57:04

I tend to work on others more than mine ;).

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-03 01:49:30

i went to the opera tonight in charlotte. saw aida. definately gonna go back, especially considering that with my student ID i can get $80 seats for $10.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-03 02:04:32

At 2/3/08 01:49 AM, authorblues wrote:

:...with my student ID i can get $80 seats for $10.

My, that's quite a discount! :)

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-03 02:06:53

At 2/3/08 02:04 AM, Relish wrote: My, that's quite a discount! :)

the seats were amazing, and the opera was amazing. ill definately be going back soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-03 02:15:54

I would too if I were you ;)

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-03 06:50:37

Last night was cool.

Got dragged to a dancing show thing with a mate of mine. Not great, but it was a laugh i guess. And there was a bar.
Finished at 10ish so i stumbled along to a pub and generously bought a few rounds for a few strangers. Decided to pop into another pub i knew was full of people i know but they wouldn't let me in since i'd brought my pint with me and was wearing trainers (that were apparently not allowed).

Went back to the original bar and switched shoes with some guy. Went back to the other pub and still wasn't allowed in, due to me bringing my pint again, and the fact that i'd just traded my trainers for different trainers, lol.

Played a game of pool (very badly) and then staggered home. Got lost, twice. First time i ended up at a dead end and tried to scale a wall. Got black crap all over my hands for my troubles. Second time i new were i needed to go, tried to take a shortcut and ended up in someones front garden. Tried to climb another fence (failed) and then tried to open somones front door and sleep in there porch. After several minutes i realised it was locked.

Eventually found my way home :)

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-03 08:33:23

At 2/2/08 07:49 PM, atomic-noodle wrote: Why do you guys buy so many domains?? :/

I don't have that many to be honest, I only personally own about 5 domains.
CS has loads, like 40+ or something now is it?

I bought this 4 letter .net because all the llll(letter).nets are being bought up and so in a couple of months to a year it could be worth 3 or 4 times what I paid for it even if I don't promote it, and it doesn't get any traffic. Domains R worth moneys.

Also Danny that sounds like a really good night. I haven't got drunk like that in ages, I'm cutting back on my alcohol consumption. Saving my money for a road trip init :)

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-03 09:44:22

At 2/3/08 08:59 AM, citricsquid wrote: Mainly what I'm doing now, hording domains.

I hate cybersquatters >:C

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-03 09:50:55

Yeah I was about to say the same. Domain squatting is bad. M'kay

PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik

irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-02-03 10:22:05

At 2/3/08 01:49 AM, authorblues wrote: i went to the opera tonight in charlotte. saw aida. definately gonna go back, especially considering that with my student ID i can get $80 seats for $10.

Very nice! I saw some opera at the Met in NYC about 8 years ago. It was cool but had to read the subtitles lol.