00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What Can Alcohol Do For You?

2,478 Views | 44 Replies

What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 06:07:39

I am a fairly shy person. Not crippling so, but I don't usually just go up to people I don't know and start talking to them. I also sometimes feel uncomfortable in larger gatherings with lots of people I don't know. I did pretty well throughout high school friends wise, and surprisingly well girls wise (some of it was because of athletics). Girls wise though, I am fairly certain it was because of my looks and not my personality, as I usually didn't know what to say until I already knew them. I'm still not sure how I did as well I did on both counts (which was about average). When I got to college though, I just ended up hanging out with the same people I already knew and barely met anyone, mostly because things aren't anywhere near as facilitated as high school and I wasn't forced into situations to meet other people.

Until recently, I have been a fairly casual drinker. I drank a good bit over the summer, but it was mostly with friends I have known for awhile and at parties where I already knew everyone. Last year in college I didn't get around to drinking too much mostly because my roommate and best friend is straight edge. This year I'm in a different dorm with some random roommates. My roommate is extremely outgoing and also happens to be a big drinker. One of our suitemates is 21, so obtaining alcohol is certainly not a problem. We started off fast, and I was pretty amazed. I had no problems talking to everyone. I started noticing changes right away that carried over after drinking was through. It's been gradual, but I have had some improvements after every night of drinking. I just keep gaining confidence.

Yesterday (Saturday night) we went out and bought some beer and planned to see what happened from there. We'd either be drinking in our dorms and have a little mini party there or we might end up finding a good house party. I overheard two very attractive girls I barely knew that lived on our floor talking about some party. I just went straight up and asked if they'd mind if I came along if they had room in their car. That's something I certainly wouldn't have done a few weeks ago. Even while I was sober, I didn't really have any problems jumping right in to the party either, even though I didn't know anyone at first. Before long I was pretty drunk and sitting down talking to a very attractive girl (they all were at the party actually). She said she had a boyfriend, but that she wasn't letting me leave without getting laid. She pointed out a girl that was available and "made" me go talk to her. It was very easy and I didn't have any problems finding topics of conversation.

I guess I just wanted to point out that alcohol isn't always just something people use to have a "good time". If you're a shy person, alcohol may be just the catalyst you need. My cell phone is more active, lots more people say hello in the halls, and overall I can see things shaping up nicely for the year. I'm not just settling for "average" this time in college and I have alcohol to thank for that. Get out there and drink; the sooner the better.

My Roommate and I

My Back After A Party Oh shit, what is that on the left?

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 06:15:20

you can have a fantastic time and it helps you get laid... thats why the legal lemit should be 18 like most of the world :D

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 06:16:11

Fulp knows your I.P address, so he can easily contact the police and tell them your underage drinking.

OWNED. >:)

You might think alcohol’s a shy person’s savior, but in the long run it’s not, you’ll be severely addicted and drink occasionally and then abusively. It will affect your personality to a degree that nobody would want to talk to you, or be seen near you.

I had a smoking addiction, at first I thought it was no problem I kept on saying “I won’t get addict to my girlfriend, ex-girlfriend (presently).

She was beautiful and had an amazing personality, she dumped me because I started to smoke excessively, and you see what happens?

If smoking made my girlfriend dump me, how would your girlfriend(s) act when you become an addicted drinker?

All Eyez On Me.

BBS Signature

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 06:16:12

How much beer did you drank? Oh, if you wanna know in my first time I drank 0,5 (100% russian) vodka and (suprise, suprise) could normally think (what? where`s suprise???) . BUT I was laughing like an idiot and couldn`t stand on my feet (thats no suprise!!!).

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 06:17:53

Yep, no doubt about it. Drinking is good. Although, it isn't the best idea to rely on alcohol to make things easier. That's how you become an alcoholic.

By the way, did you totally do that chick? You didn't make it very clear.

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 07:42:10

That's exactly why i drink! It's amazing, i find that even after 1 beer when i can't even feel the effects, i'm still far more outgoing than normal. In my opinion, alcohol does far more good than bad. It's just stupid chavs who give drinking a bad name.

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 07:42:50

At 8/28/06 06:16 AM, -Express- wrote: Fulp knows your I.P address, so he can easily contact the police and tell them your underage drinking.

he doesnt know mine

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 07:45:37

Dude shut up

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 07:47:19

At 8/28/06 06:16 AM, -Express- wrote: Fulp knows your I.P address, so he can easily contact the police and tell them your underage drinking.

stop being such a bitch

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 07:49:40

HAHAHA, 10% of the replies on newground usually include "rape her", but i'm sure Tom will go through the effort to telling the police about one person underaged drinking. The police would just laugh in his face anyway.

You might think alcohol’s a shy person’s savior, but in the long run it’s not, you’ll be severely addicted and drink occasionally and then abusively. It will affect your personality to a degree that nobody would want to talk to you, or be seen near you.

Brainwashing should be made illegal. Alcohol is not very addictive, you would have to dink excessively for like a year before you get addicted. It is very unlikely you'll become addicted, and it will not lead to abusive behaviour. If you're not violent when drunk, you wont suddenly turn violent after driniing regularly.

I had a smoking addiction, at first I thought it was no problem I kept on saying “I won’t get addict to my girlfriend, ex-girlfriend (presently).

Smoking is highly addictive, its nothing like alcohol.

She was beautiful and had an amazing personality, she dumped me because I started to smoke excessively, and you see what happens?

Yes, thats a very good story of why not to smoke. Alcohol is competely different. If you smoke you are guarenteed to get addicted, if you drink it's almost the opposite. Just tell me, how many people do you know who are addicted to alcohol?

If smoking made my girlfriend dump me, how would your girlfriend(s) act when you become an addicted drinker?

Badly, but thats not going to happen. Now go get me some beer.

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 08:28:37

hey cut the guy some slack... he cant help the fact he lives in usa... a country where you can get a gun 7 years before you can drink???

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 08:39:39

At 8/28/06 07:47 AM, Piru_187 wrote:

stop being such a bitch

Then tell your mother to stop tutoruing me! >:(

All Eyez On Me.

BBS Signature

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 08:48:02

I only know/ felt that drinking small quantitis of alchol couldn't do you harm, a large dose those.

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 09:11:31

It gets me drunk? it makes me want to eat pizza? it makes me sexy to others.

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 09:53:23

Beer is onething I can drink 6 of in an hour and still be thirsty. If beer ismostly water, how do you get so dehydrated from it?

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 10:26:11

At 8/28/06 09:53 AM, badseed1 wrote: Beer is onething I can drink 6 of in an hour and still be thirsty. If beer ismostly water, how do you get so dehydrated from it?

The water goes straight through, you always need to piss so much when you drink.

BBS Signature

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 10:37:10

Um get you laid, And do stupid funny as shit that you won't remember in the morning.

NEED BEATS??? I GOT EM ELSEWHERE

I sell beats here Matt Mattik

BBS Signature

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 10:42:25

dont drink, it laned me in jail for quite a while (hence my sig)

Just dont

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 10:45:00

Shut it.

What Can Alcohol Do For You?

DigDugz, fighting communism and idiocy since 1991.

Sig By ExtraTim.

BBS Signature

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 10:53:25

Alcohol is good...pot is much better.
"Hey hey hey hey, smoke weed everyday."

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 11:32:15

At 8/28/06 06:16 AM, -Express- wrote: everything in this post

you're a fucking loser and no-one cares about your opinion.

I love beer. The legal age is 18 here and I started at about 14, and I don't have a problem, just an intense appreciation - like, I didn't drink yesterday, or quite a lot of days, and I don't get drunk often. Alcohol is great.

Most people will agree that it makes talking to girls in a flirty way a lot easier, too. I'm extroverted and outgoing and even I get tongue-tied flirting, or even complimenting, whilst sober.

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 11:43:34

At 8/28/06 06:07 AM, BadCity wrote: What Can Alcohol Do For You?

it makes the pain go away. :'(

BBS Signature

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 11:51:20

I wish I could be buzzed 24\7 for the rest of my life, it makes me a better person. Since maybe 7th grade, I've been really shy and usually only talk to close friends and family. I'll talk to someone if it's necessary, but usually I'm afraid of making a bad first impression, making myself seem dumb, or whatever. I drank 6 beers last night sicne I was bored, and I felt really talkative and outgoing, it was great. I hate being shy, it makes me avoid the stupidest crap, I'm hoping it wears off after I'm 19 or so.

BBS Signature

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 11:52:42

At 8/28/06 11:43 AM, bucher wrote:
At 8/28/06 06:07 AM, BadCity wrote: What Can Alcohol Do For You?
it makes the pain go away. :'(

Really? It just makes the screaming stop. Which is nice. Not entirely un-painful, though.

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 13:24:44

At 8/28/06 11:32 AM, Earfetish wrote:
Crap.

You dumbass, he asked if alcohol was good to get him confident and active, it’s good in the short run, but in the long run he’ll become addicted.

I didn’t say beer was bad, it’s actually good when you’re out with friends, all I said if he continues to use it to become confident, flirty and active, the bad overlaps the good things in drinking beer.

All Eyez On Me.

BBS Signature

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 13:26:08

When Im 18 im gonna laugh at you americans who cant drink it legally till youe 21, im not sure that'll stop you drinking...

BBS Signature

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-28 17:53:00

At 8/28/06 01:24 PM, -Express- wrote:
You dumbass, he asked if alcohol was good to get him confident and active, it’s good in the short run, but in the long run he’ll become addicted.

I didn’t say beer was bad, it’s actually good when you’re out with friends, all I said if he continues to use it to become confident, flirty and active, the bad overlaps the good things in drinking beer.

There's always the risk of becoming addicted, but it's really not all that likely, especially if I'm only drinking with others. My point was that even a year ago drunk, I probably wouldn't have gone over to and flirted with a girl I didn't know, and that a lot of it is carrying over when I'm sober. That is a good thing. Moderation is key, it's just that I never really drank with a bunch of people I didn't know at all and that is where the confidence is stemming from. Sitting at home drinking alone or with the same four people every night isn't going to do anything to overcome shyness (which would be the road to alcoholism), so why would I bother?

At 8/28/06 06:17 AM, insert_pie wrote: By the way, did you totally do that chick? You didn't make it very clear.

I left it intentionally ambiguous to help keep it on topic. You can PM me for the full story if it's that important to you though, hah.

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-29 01:05:05

Eight keystone ice in me and a lot of people in my dorm right now, heh.

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-29 01:20:12

At 8/28/06 06:07 AM, BadCity wrote: Get out there and drink; the sooner the better.

I'd rather be high.

BBS Signature

Response to What Can Alcohol Do For You? 2006-08-29 01:22:52

Why in the hell would he go through all that trouble to bust some kid that has nothing against Newgrounds for underage drinking if nobody got hurt?

And it doesn't even involve anyone else on Newgrounds, so they could care less. It would make for an interesting read for them, but nothing else.

So, don't use the word "Owned", "Pwned", "PWND", "Pawned", or "Powned" without being sure.

)

wew