00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mtcowboy462 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Science Fiction Crew

11,283 Views | 201 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-11-01 10:43:03

Fremen, did you see any flash on newgrounds based on Dune?

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-11-04 13:59:40

At 11/1/06 10:43 AM, michalek wrote: Fremen, did you see any flash on newgrounds based on Dune?

nope.

I think I'm gonna post some of my SF stories, but beware, they are old, and really bad. Sometime I'll get around to writing a better one.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-11-05 23:46:39

Here are two old sci-fi's I wrote like 2 years ago. (note: they are unfisnished!)

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-11-05 23:52:00

Whoops forgot to post!
--------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------- -----------
PLANET HUNTERS

Chapter 1:The Journey

I walked into the dark room and simply watched. It was disgusting, I couldn’t believe it. They were dissecting another tleixanem. The doctor held up the laser-saw and ripped though its tough skin. Moreover, all I did was watch, watch all of my life’s work, my dream, go down the drain.
Entry 202, 134/67/19005
J’ax Tlanmu

J’ax walked though the metal doors. There were men everywhere and they all seemed to be doing something, except for one squadron, who just stood there in salute to their captain.
“Okay, men today we’re going to explore uncharted planet #1278,” said J’ax, “I heard there were a hostile species called there, we do not know what they are so, we have to be extra careful. Everybody grab a VT - 3.9 battle rifle, we don’t know what kind of weapons they have, or how smart they are so we must be prepared.”
The Elites walked out of the small room glad to get some action. They are planetary explorers; their job is to protect their leader and to study the planet. The groups that J’ax was taking out today were rookies, right out of school.
I can’t believe it they put me with another rookie group, they just never learn. You’d think five rookies dead would change their mind, but they just gave me more.
“Hey, here’s our ‘jet,” said one of the explorers excitedly.
The Hyper-Jet 1759 was top of the line, three plasma shooters, two engines, a plas-cannon, room for two thousand people and 12 cubic kilometers of space for the explorers to store their weapons, tools, and provisions.
The explorers went into the ‘jet and put their belts on. Military jets didn’t use stabilizer, so they were in for a bumpy ride. The super-pilots kicked into hyper-drive.

When a super-pilot kicks into hyper-drive a super computer and a special cannon make a temporary warp hole in front of the ship and lets the ship go into it. Then the ship’s super-pilots use a dangerous substance called yaxalen, which they consume. Yaxalen allows them to put their whole body into a state in which they move extremely fast and pilot the ship out of the warp whole at the exact spot where they need to go. This whole process usually takes less than a minute for trips under 3,000 light-years, but since it’s over a million light years to the planet it took about an hour.

The explorers got into their ground units, four to a unit. They each had one gunner, a navigator, a pilot, and an extra person who could fill in for any one of them. These were top of the line too; the Tlaxelin government couldn’t afford any more deaths.
“Okay men we have two minutes to launch” shouted J’ax over the roar of the jets engines “, get ready for the landing, it’s gonna get rough.”

Maybe this would be a good time to talk about J’ax and his race. He and everyone else here, are called tlakseno (tlak-sē’-nō). They are vaguely humanoid, but evolved from a type of amphibian, instead of a type of mammal, like us. This is how their skin is light teal, and smooth like a salamander’s skin. They can also swim for miles, and stay totally underwater for almost a day without resurfacing.
Because their minds are so complex and for other technological reasons they only live about 50 human years on average, and not one of them has lived for a full 100 years. This race has evolved past our wildest dreams…

Chapter 2

It is here, during the battle of Waterloo that I, Jean Fajuerlan, am clearly hallucinating. I thought I just saw a spaceship. What was that bright light; it must be a sign from god! I am destined to win this battle and take over the French Army! I am the one to succeed Napoleon, my commander!

As Jean snuck up behind Napoleon, the bright light came again, and killed half of the French army…
____

Here, in Boston, it is I, John Fatherton, who will destroy the British army. I will go into the woods single-handedly and kill them all. I have brought the explosives and my musket, all I have to do is set them up and light them. After that, it is guerrilla warfare and the forest fires that will win for us. In this pitch black, I will not be seen by the soldiers.

As John set up the explosives, he thought he saw a bright blue light…and he did. Ten minutes later, the forest was on fire, but not because of John…
____

It is here, defending the Great Wall of China against the Mongolians, It is I, Xian Liu, which will finally destroy them. Using my rocket powder exploding arrows, I will blow all of the Mongolians up.

In the dark, while he was setting up his arrows, Xian saw a light. Not any light, it was something he had never seen before. On his way to the commander’s office, someone blew up the Mongolians, but it wasn’t Xian.

Chapter 3

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-11-05 23:55:14

Story 2 (unfinished)

--------------------------------------------- --
The Last of the Mind-Benders

My name is Rohan Agrawal, and I’ve done both great and terrible things in my life, but nothing could get me ready for this.

Chapter 1

Why do bad things always happen to me? Why have I been blessed and cursed? Why are the gods hunting me?
7/24/05

The Mind Files, data entry 0734

I can’t believe it. I can read minds too. For a long time I could move small objects with my mind, but never before could I do this. I am now ready for the Boon.
My family has been gifted by the gods; we have powers, unspeakably strong powers. Long after the gods sent humans to earth and figured out they couldn’t control them, they started to try. They found their most humble devotees and… …gave a message. They gave a terrible message to their most humble devotees, the only ones worthy enough to receive a “message”. For days, the family of the royal east laid in a coma and received their message, and their powers.
They were sent this exact message:

You have received the energies of the god of light, Antu; she will protect your clan, while you control the earth with these powers. Humans are vile creatures and will destroy other humans until there is nothing left. You must stop this, and you must save our masters creation. Each member has been given an aura that will pass on and adapt to the åru of his or her very soul. Use these well, and remember that the Raksuras have been conspirating against us and wish to destroy you along with the whole universe, {hast tawn uksilad mauryn yan…}

It goes on like that for 10,000 pages, retelling the great struggle between Anjells and Raksuras. The last words in the section I showed you are magical incantations to fight the Possessor, the Raksura who can get into peoples minds and kill them from the inside out, they also summon anjells, but one hasn’t come for 100 years. Luckily, the next generation of our clan had a skilled laser scribe who put it on a stone. The Great Preserver has already blessed it. He had a power that changed our history, he could make things last forever. He chronicled and preserved everything about our past. His power would allow the sacred items to last forever and become invulnerable.
Through these years, we have kept the clan small and only seven people have these powers right now, me, mother, father, Anku, Seseik, uncle Shas, and his daughter, Hathring. Anku is my little sister (9), Hathring is my two-year-old cousin, and Seseik is my paternal grandfather, where I got my powers. Grandpa and I are Mind-Benders; I cursed and destined to be the last of the Mind-Benders.

Chapter 2

What am I doing on Earth, I’ve been told I’m a god. What does that mean? Who am I??? What am I???

God Files- secret code encryption 12376459, entry one

“The clan of Magics has ruled for centuries, killing us and shaming our ancestors, but no more do we suffer, no more do we lose to them, you see, our super-smarts will finally defeat the super brawns,” screamed the Clansman, “ Now we Fight back, avenge our great ancestors who fought bravely against them, avenge the innocent they killed. Let us destroy them once and for all, let us kill them, let us humiliate them, let us WIN!”
Clansman sat back and heard the crowd roar, oh, what a satisfying sound, what a delicious sound. We shall armor up and destroy them all.
“I will destroy them one by one, WE WILL DESTROY THEM ONE BY ONE!” Clansman was just getting started, “We have nothing in our way, we can, we will, and we have to destroy them! It is our divine destiny, our divine rights, to usurp their throne and decimate them one by one we shall destroy the ruling caste, and destroy our enemies who have oppressed us in our time of need, killed us when most vulnerable and destroyed our technology when most advanced, for once and for all we shall finally show that, BRAINS BEATS BRAWNS!” exhilarated, Clansman stepped off of the hover platform, scratching his scar, and listened to the deep roar of success.

Chapter 3

Why have I been chosen to be a god? I know now that it must be something extremely good, or extremely bad.

God Files- secret code encryption 12376459, entry seven

Grandpa walked in and the lesson started.
“You have been a good and benevolent prince, but you must now learn to control your powers, the real ones,” he said slyly. He’s going to do something.
I felt every muscle in my body get tense gradually getting stronger. I was shaking violently now and I feel his control and it’s not going to work. I countered his control and tried my newfound power.
The foolish boy will never expect me to throw book at him now.
I summoned all of the strength I had in my body, I loosened my control over him, and I concentrated on the book he was going to throw at me. My powers were still at full strength and when he receded, I took control and threw him across the room by mistake.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-11-07 05:48:58

I like them :]

Thr first one has a good idea. I wonder what will the ending be. I thought of writing something in the spirit of alternate history. Like what would happen if Hitler won the WW2? Or something like that.

The second one is a little bit chaotic to me. First you wrote of some old great gods that give humans powers and thus make them gods. After that is some story of a clansmen that want to go and fight. I don't know... Maybe when you'll write rest of the story it'll all clear up.

Anyway, great job, i enjoyed both of them :]

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-11-09 23:00:17

I have not been here in awhile whats new in the sci-fi world?? as for me i have been watching my starwars dvds

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-11-10 16:59:59

At 11/7/06 05:48 AM, michalek wrote: I like them :]

Thr first one has a good idea. I wonder what will the ending be. I thought of writing something in the spirit of alternate history. Like what would happen if Hitler won the WW2? Or something like that.

The idea was to take ETs and interact them with humans. It was really unfinished, and the people from different ages was to show the slow-ness of the aliens. Maybe someday I might have a slight chance to finish these.

The second one is a little bit chaotic to me. First you wrote of some old great gods that give humans powers and thus make them gods. After that is some story of a clansmen that want to go and fight. I don't know... Maybe when you'll write rest of the story it'll all clear up.

The idea for this one was kind of like the Naruto Kekkai Genkai, where only one family can use a certain power. It was alos based on Orson Scott Card's work, when he wrote the sequels for Ender's Game .

Anyway, great job, i enjoyed both of them :]

Thanks, it really just gives new members something to read when they are bored...

Someday I'll write some amazing stuff. I'm starting a book that basically goes alternate history in the Enderverse. (From Orson Scott Card and Ender's Game again).

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-11-22 17:18:07

So has anyone been wathcing heores?

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-11-23 15:31:26

I have been.

Its getting really interesting.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-11-24 15:54:38

I have not been here in awhile whats new in sci-fi?

I have watched a few episodes of one of my old fave shows stargate sg-1 what about youo all???

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-11-24 16:52:41

At 11/24/06 04:08 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: Man... I forgot I was a member here lol. What's been happening?

No one posts anymore....

...Why does every keep asking about whats new in Sci-Fi?

Anyways...

Heroes is a really good show, if anyone wants to watch it, go here:

www.nbc.com/heores

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-12-03 12:01:10

Actually, the website is:

www.nbc.com/heroes

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-12-03 12:30:33

At 11/24/06 04:52 PM, Fremen wrote:
At 11/24/06 04:08 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: Man... I forgot I was a member here lol. What's been happening?
No one posts anymore....

LOL because they just want to know whats new since they may have been gone from it for abit heh.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-12-03 12:45:08

At 12/3/06 12:30 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 11/24/06 04:52 PM, Fremen wrote:
No one posts anymore....

LOL because they just want to know whats new since they may have been gone from it for abit heh.

~X~

Haha, it's not like I really knwo everything about Sci-Fi, but Frank HErbert's son wrote the 7th book in the original Dune series, which is quite a feat since no one has written in the original series since Frank HErbert himself. Maybe he is planning to write another trilogy to add on to the end of the series.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-12-03 22:34:42

At 10/31/06 08:47 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 10/31/06 04:30 AM, michalek wrote: Oh yes, imagination... :] I play lots of RPG (the REAL ones
Yeah so did i and painted our own pewter characters and had a huge master book and all them were the fun times indeed...

~X~

I would've liked to, but it just costs too much. I guess i'll have to stick to the computer RPGS, though i am great at them. Also, i never quite seemed to be able to paint that well, so maybe its all for the best.

TheSilverSerpent: Kickin' it with a new kind of style.

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-12-04 06:58:46

They need a new show or a few new ones, sci-fi has always been one of my fave gener, what would be some good ideas for a good new show??

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-12-05 11:15:04

At 12/4/06 06:58 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: They need a new show or a few new ones, sci-fi has always been one of my fave gener, what would be some good ideas for a good new show??

~X~

A Star Wars show would kcik ass.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-12-09 17:00:15

At 12/4/06 06:58 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: They need a new show or a few new ones, sci-fi has always been one of my fave gener, what would be some good ideas for a good new show??

~X~

They should make a show where the people have super-abilities. Up to now there haven't been any shows or movies that are like Anime. THink about some of the more violent animes, some of the ones that are completely unrealistic, like the fighitng from DragonBall Z. THey have the power to make things like that now, and if they could do that with real people it would be an instant hit. We can already do things like Space battles and computer animation, and it's time to take it to the next level.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-12-11 20:47:58

Does anyone here consider Artemis Fowl Sci-fi?

I do. It's fiction and fantasy, but it has some elements of some of the great sci-fis. It's style reminds me of the simple stuff written by Orson scott Card, and its plots somehow remind me of Asimov, not in specific's, but in more general terms, how he always had that scampering hectic mystery kind of element. Those guys are all genius's.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-12-11 20:54:42

Im not in this club but thay is actually a decent series i dont like it but alot of people do. Reason i hate it is because they dont use guns that kill be people only guns thats stun them, and temporarily parilyze

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-12-11 21:14:13

At 12/11/06 08:54 PM, Skilla wrote: Im not in this club but thay is actually a decent series i dont like it but alot of people do. Reason i hate it is because they dont use guns that kill be people only guns thats stun them, and temporarily parilyze

Artemis Fowl?

They use guns to kill people. The People are just being reasonable and letting people live. They still use guns and bio-weapons to kill people. If you actually read it, you'll see that they are actually quite ruthless.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-12-13 14:53:03

At 12/11/06 08:54 PM, Skilla wrote: Im not in this club but thay is actually a decent series i dont like it but alot of people do. Reason i hate it is because they dont use guns that kill be people only guns thats stun them, and temporarily parilyze

Because mindless violence really makes a storyline?

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-12-13 16:00:27

Not posted here in ages.

I've been getting into Quatermass recently, i've seen the two surviving episodes of The Quatermass Experiment, all of Quatermass II and all of Quatermass and The Pit.

Anyone else seen these?

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-12-18 17:19:50

At 12/13/06 04:00 PM, TheMaster wrote: Not posted here in ages.

I've been getting into Quatermass recently, i've seen the two surviving episodes of The Quatermass Experiment, all of Quatermass II and all of Quatermass and The Pit.

Anyone else seen these?

...What is Quatermass?

I've never even heard of that before...

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2006-12-19 22:42:48

At 12/11/06 08:47 PM, Fremen wrote: Does anyone here consider Artemis Fowl Sci-fi?

Fantasy and sci-fi have always seemed to come up in a si-fi catgory, thats what i always thought, it all went together.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2007-02-02 16:42:21

At 12/19/06 10:42 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 12/11/06 08:47 PM, Fremen wrote: Does anyone here consider Artemis Fowl Sci-fi?
Fantasy and sci-fi have always seemed to come up in a si-fi catgory, thats what i always thought, it all went together.

~X~

Me too. Most Fantasy and Sci-fi things are grouped together. An example would be LotR. That is clearly not sci-fi, but you can find the books in any sci-fi section at almost any bookstore.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2007-02-19 23:12:22

Has anyone read any Dan Simmons? He is an amazing author, and you guys should definitely check him out.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2007-02-20 08:42:15

At 2/2/07 04:42 PM, Fremen wrote: Me too. Most Fantasy and Sci-fi things are grouped together. An example would be LotR. That is clearly not sci-fi, but you can find the books in any sci-fi section at almost any bookstore.

There are a few books that cross over from Sci-Fi to fantasy. Julian May wrote the Saga of the Exiles (mostly Fantasy), which then lead on to the Galactic Mileu Trilogy (definately Sci-Fi)

They are fantastic books and I'll have to re-read them at some point

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Science Fiction Crew 2007-02-20 17:30:24

At 2/20/07 08:42 AM, Coop83 wrote: There are a few books that cross over from Sci-Fi to fantasy. Julian May wrote the Saga of the Exiles (mostly Fantasy), which then lead on to the Galactic Mileu Trilogy (definately Sci-Fi)

That's interesting. At every chain bookstore that I have been to, there was no fantasy section.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature