00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Clock Day, Search, PAX!

15,999 Views | 130 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 20:47:13

The senior Clocks have come to a decision regarding the three winners for Clock Day 2006! Here they are!

1. THE CLOCK WAR: PART III, by FUClock
2. Clock Tournament, by SageClock
3. DwarfinatorClock's Quest, by Dwarfinator.

Congrats, guys! You're each getting an XBOX 360, perfect for playing Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid when they come out! :)

I'm flying to Seattle tomorrow to showcase the latest Castle Crashers demo at the Penny Arcade Expo! As the name implies, it WILL probably crash a few times... But that's what demos are all about!

I mentioned last week that I would have some exciting news over the weekend, so I'm officially a few days late. The news is that Ross has overhauled his old search code! Searching for Flash submissions on NG will now yield much better results - Alien Hominid and Numa Numa are now listed first, rather than in the 20s like they were previously. Also, you can now search for "Dad 'n Me" for the first time ever, as we now accept three letter search terms! The new search is also running off a new read-only database server, put into the cluster by Tim and set up by James! The second DB server takes the load off our central database server. Does this mean BBS text searching and user profile searching could finally be making a return? I won't make any promises, but I'm hopeful!

Finally, check out Matmi's Alpha for their upcoming game, Attack of the Funky Disco Zombies! Yes, I know the title is spelled wrong on that page, so no need to point it out.

I'll be checking in via laptop from PAX, I hope to see some of you guys there! It will be my first time in Seattle!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 20:49:04

At 8/23/06 08:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: The senior Clocks have come to a decision regarding the three winners for Clock Day 2006! Here they are!

Congrats to all the winners! :D
As for the new search, thanks. It will make searching MUCH easier. But, someone beat you to it by making a topic first, so that's old news. :P

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 20:49:31

At 8/23/06 08:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: Does this mean BBS text searching and user profile searching could finally be making a return? I won't make any promises, but I'm hopeful!

It'll be back after the weekend, right Tom?

:-p

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 20:49:38

good news.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 20:50:49

nice, clock

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 20:50:58

Swell, Mighty swell!

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 20:51:01

At 8/23/06 08:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: Does this mean BBS text searching and user profile searching could finally be making a return? I won't make any promises, but I'm hopeful!

You big tease.

It will be my first time in Seattle!

If you've never been to Seattle before, why is it the example residence in the Public Profile page? =/

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 20:51:02

YAY!!

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 20:51:34

I'm glad something was done about the search. It really was a pain to thumb though all those pages of submissions that have nothing to do whit what you're searching for...

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 20:53:02

Good news indeed. Newgrounds has become better already with the return of Ross. ^_^

Congrats to the winners of Clock Day, as well!

Can't wait to see what the next improvement to site will be. I've constantly got a bottle of champagne on ice for when the new levels are introduced.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 20:54:49

It's about damn time the Flash search got fixed, I'm tired of getting unrelated results and such, Thanks, and much <3 :)

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 20:57:00

At 8/23/06 08:51 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: I tried Searching "Kingdom Hearts" and a completly unrelated Flash by Legendary Frog came up... whats with that?

It mentions that a song from the flash is from Kingdom Hearts in the description. Since it was a higly socring and viewed flash, it came up first.

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 20:57:32

At 8/23/06 08:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: The senior Clocks have come to a decision regarding the three winners for Clock Day 2006! Here they are!

Well I was a bit surprised by STrange clocks not making that list, but still some quality work.

I mentioned last week that I would have some exciting news over the weekend, so I'm officially a few days late. The news is that Ross has overhauled his old search code! Searching for Flash submissions on NG will now yield much better results - Alien Hominid and Numa Numa are now listed first, rather than in the 20s like they were previously. Also, you can now search for "Dad 'n Me" for the first time ever, as we now accept three letter search terms! The new search is also running off a new read-only database server that James set up, which takes the load off our central database server. Does this mean BBS text searching and user profile searching could finally be making a return? I won't make any promises, but I'm hopeful!

Now that is some good news, I been look for flash with a short name now I might find it. I can live with out the user search though I remember how much starin it put on the database.

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:00:12

Strangeclock excluded himself. Maybe he already owned a 360

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:00:52

Awesome! There was a topic just today talking about the search bar!

Signature

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:04:01

good job. i wish i was getting a xbox 360

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:04:50

At 8/23/06 08:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: The news is that Ross has overhauled his old search code! Searching for Flash submissions on NG will now yield much better results

Thanks for that. I was getting tired of getting so many unrelated submission.

Does this mean BBS text searching and user profile searching could finally be making a return? I won't make any promises, but I'm hopeful!

Quit being such a tease. ;)

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:10:21

At 8/23/06 09:01 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: Titles should trump descriptions... even if they are higher scoring...

Hi. What search are you looking at?

Clock Day, Search, PAX!

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:10:39

I needs the castle crashers NOW, what's price and release date? And you better not have it for more than 1500 MP.

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:11:48

Ahh, i had so much hopes to win.

CLock tournament was indeed a great game.

Congrats to all the winners, you deserve it. ^_^

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:15:42

At 8/23/06 08:47 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Does this mean BBS text searching and user profile searching could finally be making a return? I won't make any promises, but I'm hopeful!

If that did happen that would be awesome, theres been many times I've tried to look for someone on the BBS but forgot a silly underscore or something, at least this way I see similiar alias's.

I think that's what you mean by user profile searching at least...

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:16:17

Is Castle Crashers coming out for the PS3? I want to get it for more than just MGS 4.

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:17:24

At 8/23/06 08:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: The new search is also running off a new read-only database server, put into the cluster by Tim and set up by James!

That's great! The search results are 50x better now, and I'm glad I can search with just three letters. Hopefully an advanced search may come out someday :D

D:

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:17:43

Congrats to the winners! Also, the search bar was once the bane of my existance. Now I have one less reason to crack under pressure. Yay!

first page

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:20:40

Hey tom can you give me some flash tips?

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:24:14

Congrats to all the Clocks

A new search...cool

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:35:11

Congrats to the winners, good luck to you Tom, and the new refined search is very sexy!

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||

NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:46:17

if i see anoehr clock ill kill myself

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:47:45

At 8/23/06 08:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: The news is that Ross has overhauled his old search code!

we noticed this yesterday, that search results seemed to be alot better and also the layout seems improved to..
all good.. cant wait for more changes!!

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-23 21:48:59

Strange should have gotten one too :[