00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Clock Day, Search, PAX!

15,982 Views | 130 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-30 19:07:20

Nice movies I was really dissapointed not to see any thing of strange clocks up there, both his movies were remarkable or at lest I thought so....

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-30 20:47:23

At 8/30/06 07:07 PM, -Zack- wrote: Nice movies I was really dissapointed not to see any thing of strange clocks up there, both his movies were remarkable or at lest I thought so....

Dude. It's been said before, many times, in this same thread.
STRANGECLOCK OPTED OUT OF THE COMPETITION.

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-08-30 20:55:05

Pax? The TV channel?

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-09-01 20:33:19

At 8/30/06 08:55 PM, WhYiSnT wrote: Pax? The TV channel?

no... PAX the providers of military insurance

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-09-02 17:01:05

After watching the winners' submissions i definitely agree with the decision. But the sad thing is i missed clockday this year :( because my basketball camp was pushed back.

Well now that scvhool is starting soon for me, ill be on NG more because i dont play video games during the school week. So ill be on more often like i use to, and hopefully i wont miss any other special days on NG!

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-09-03 12:10:46

At 8/23/06 08:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: The senior Clocks have come to a decision regarding the three winners for Clock Day 2006! Here they are!

1. THE CLOCK WAR: PART III, by FUClock
2. Clock Tournament, by SageClock
3. DwarfinatorClock's Quest, by Dwarfinator.

Congrats, guys! You're each getting an XBOX 360, perfect for playing Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid when they come out! :)

I'm flying to Seattle tomorrow to showcase the latest Castle Crashers demo at the Penny Arcade Expo! As the name implies, it WILL probably crash a few times... But that's what demos are all about!

I mentioned last week that I would have some exciting news over the weekend, so I'm officially a few days late. The news is that Ross has overhauled his old search code! Searching for Flash submissions on NG will now yield much better results - Alien Hominid and Numa Numa are now listed first, rather than in the 20s like they were previously. Also, you can now search for "Dad 'n Me" for the first time ever, as we now accept three letter search terms! The new search is also running off a new read-only database server, put into the cluster by Tim and set up by James! The second DB server takes the load off our central database server. Does this mean BBS text searching and user profile searching could finally be making a return? I won't make any promises, but I'm hopeful!

Finally, check out Matmi's Alpha for their upcoming game, Attack of the Funky Disco Zombies! Yes, I know the title is spelled wrong on that page, so no need to point it out.

I'll be checking in via laptop from PAX, I hope to see some of you guys there! It will be my first time in Seattle!

Regarding the latest installment for the search engine in the Flash Portal; it would be nice if you could fix the Audio Portal search engine, so that the rest of the Newgrounds users could search for song titles instead of just artists and details. I myself forget some of the artists names (because they are either crazy, or unrememerable names) and I was trying to search for the title. Infact it just happend to me because I was trying to search for the song Brown-Haired Girl, but I had forgot the author name, and I am still trying to find it.

Thank you,
cdmq

P.S. I hope you beleive like some of us here on Newgrounds that the Audio Portal is as important as the Flash Portal. I hope you can try to fix the Audio Portal, it is one of my favorite parts of Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-09-03 18:49:00

Tom, you there? It would be nice if you could fix the Audio Portal. But if it's like too much money or you can't do it, I understand, just reply please.

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-09-03 19:28:19

what i would like to know is what started clock, day why is so important and why they have one every year oh and what was the first clock day like

I do not require charity or alms

But I did choose poverty

And other darkness too.... Will you wait for me?

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-09-03 19:34:32

At 8/25/06 10:44 AM, Thelonecanadian wrote: clocks suck

clocks are hard you level one peice of crap even though i'm on level three you just started. that is unless your talking the kind you see at the bottom of the computer then they suck

Clock Day, Search, PAX!

But I did choose poverty

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-09-03 19:37:54

At 8/25/06 10:44 AM, Thelonecanadian wrote: clocks suck

clocks are hard you level one peice of crap even though i'm on level two you just started. that is unless your talking the kind you see at the bottom of the computer then they suck

Clock Day, Search, PAX!

But I did choose poverty

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day, Search, PAX! 2006-09-04 11:28:40

Wow, that sounds cool. By the way, here are my votes for best of August.

1. A Bizarre Clock Day
2. Dumbass Luigi
3. asi-World in your eyes
4. Lord of the Clocks pt. 1b
5. Piratey
6. Create Clock Animations
7. The Ultimate Clockdown
8. LL - Portal Fun SE
9. 'Boom-Bang-A-Bang'
10. Tomorrow's Nobodies Ep.5