00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BrunoVugl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Invade our forums with intellect!

24,413 Views | 204 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:25:55

For a long time now sections of the NG forums have been spilling over with spam and gibberish. We are now trying to turn things around and reduce the amount of crap. So if you haven't checked out our forums, or were scared away by what you saw there in the past, we invite you to come help improve our forums with intelligent, mature, and interesting topics and posts!

All you have to do is click the FORUMS button at the top of any NG page. The General forum is the forum we are really trying to improve. See you there!

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:27:26

Time for the NG BBS revolution!

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:28:07

Front page post, more likely to attract idiots or mature people?....

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:28:13

We're not all sub-moronic. Seriously.

-J

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:28:37

You sure are taking a new turn on the NG BBS, aren't you?

Good to see some front page advertisement for the forum aswell. =)

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:28:40

how have you filtered out crap?

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:28:47

The results of this post may be catastrophic. Will the old users come back? Or will we just invite even more newbies?

We just have to wait and see.

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:28:48

Is it possible accounts could get deleted for starting or posting in a spam thread now?

BBS Signature

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:29:08

I'll try to do my best.

or not.

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:29:08

I will obey.

The New Signature By Orange Beef

BBS Signature

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:30:01

You mean, use our common sense? Oh, great!

No, seriously though, i'll do my best to act serious. It'll be fun putting on that mask for a while now.

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:30:25

How exactly are you trying to "turn things around"? By adding more mods?

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:31:55

I, at least will try my best to avoid posting in spam.

Please stop the Rickrolling!

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:33:12

oh great. does this include things like my wade chicken topic?

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:34:09

Wade, I wish I could, but as you can see in this oriental diagram of the male brain:

Invade our forums with intellect!

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:34:24

the NG BBS is doing a 180!

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:36:25

About time you did something about this mess , Wade ... The General forum really needed to change... I'm glad you're finally putting an end to the faggotry. However , my question is ... how are you going to go about in doing so??? You're a busy man and you're obviously not gonna stay for 24 hours just to clean up the mess there and as you have already witnessed ... the current moderation team has failed in keeping those forums free from unintelligible topics / posts and unfunny spam threads ...
Thus , I strongly believe you should revise and replace the current moderation team because I believe many of them fall short on their duties , abuse their powers , and do not properly moderate your forums the way you , Tom and the NG staff probably intended so...

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:38:17

At 7/19/06 01:34 PM, hoops31237 wrote: the NG BBS is doing a 180!

Right into a brick fucking wall.

I mean wut? Yay! Go Wade, saving the BBS!

i think newgrounds is a pretty cool guy. eh makes falsh and doesn't afraid of anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:38:40

At 7/19/06 01:27 PM, Noob-Antichrist wrote: Time for the NG BBS revolution!

Yes! That is what we shall call it!

I hope we will be able to avoid alts too.

Signature

BBS Signature

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:38:44

At 7/19/06 01:25 PM, WadeFulp wrote: For a long time now sections of the NG forums have been spilling over with spam and gibberish.

No argument here.

We are now trying to turn things around and reduce the amount of crap. So if you haven't checked out our forums, or were scared away by what you saw there in the past, we invite you to come help improve our forums with intelligent, mature, and interesting topics and posts!

I like this forum because of the LACK of serious topics. I don't want General filled with moronic spam, but I don't want it to be serious. If it were all serious, I would see "The Internet is Serious Buisness" pictures in my head, laugh, then come to General less often. I want a healthy balance.

All you have to do is click the FORUMS button at the top of any NG page. The General forum is the forum we are really trying to improve. See you there!

I'm glad you are trying to make the forums a better place for everyone. I do occasionally want to read posts without trying to make sense out of a post that looks worst than alphabet soup.

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:39:35

I reckon it's the fact the mods have been reluctant to go on a rampage.

But i will try to improve any topics i make.

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:39:42

At 7/19/06 01:27 PM, kingdog3_34 wrote: ok sir but whats the catch

the catch is use a little more thoguth when making a post...and dont be a dumbass

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:42:35

ive een thing we need more cluster threads
like darw me threads should all be in one topic
then if someone wants to draw people he knows where to go
The Offical I'll Draw You Topic
simple
same with photoshoping
and rate me things
lets jsut make one huge topic for each one
we did for videos form youtube and ifilm
and the same thing happend for YTMND's
that alone would cut donw ona huge amount of spame topics

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:47:08

At 7/19/06 01:45 PM, esko_man wrote: Here's another idea, get a mod for the latre late nights. There are little to no mods between 4:00am and 7:30am, the s*** runs wild! Aren't the Asians up at this hour? Maybe one of them being a late night mod could help out.

thats casue mot mods are ither at work, or in bed, or dinog something fun like fgoing to a bar or party...rember the onyl mod who uis underage is figmentum so he has school and there are some mods in collage im sure...there no real way to get any mod at any specific time cause ther enot paid for this
its a charity gig

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:49:26

At 7/19/06 01:47 PM, HellboundNinja wrote: thats casue mot mods are ither at work, or in bed, or dinog something fun like fgoing to a bar or party...rember the onyl mod who uis underage is figmentum so he has school and there are some mods in collage im sure...there no real way to get any mod at any specific time cause ther enot paid for this
its a charity gig

I haven't seen most mods lately. Never seen FDA, rarely see Tremour and Carmilla,and maybe two others I've forgot. ANyway, it's nice that we're changing, and hopefully it's for the better.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 13:52:26

At 7/19/06 01:40 PM, Plakat wrote:
At 7/19/06 01:36 PM, The-Sun wrote: About time you did something about this mess , Wade ... The General forum really needed to change... I'm glad you're finally putting an end to the faggotry.
See how bad we've been doing!?!? A 4 month old account (Considered a Newbie. Not the offensive NOOB which makes it into alot of spam posts) is even in on the WHOLE THING already. He knows how bad its been! Lets see to it there is less moderation in the future. And I hope the only moderation is Accounts. Not posts. Because getting rid of accounts of certain users will keep out loads of stupid posts and save time.

You don't even have to be here for more than a day to realize the state of these forums ... Anyone can visit them at any time and find :

A) 2 to 5 threads about a new videogame coming up or "Zelda ,Sonic, and Mario"
B) A "I just got/ broke up with my gilrfriend" topic
C) Unfunny , plain retarded spam
D) Rude , arrogant users who will offend you for your opinions being against them
E) Moderators who abuse their powers and treat you very disrespectfully

For these reasons above , I completely gave up on these forums and I am posting on these forums increasingly less. I am only coming here when there are matters that could benefit me or when I have a flash question

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 14:03:06

SO your saying were immature and unintelictual?

Real cool man

BBS Signature

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 14:06:05

At 7/19/06 01:28 PM, Janus wrote: We're not all sub-moronic. Seriously.

-J

Then come back, you bastard :(

BBS Signature

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 14:06:49

At 7/19/06 01:56 PM, Plakat wrote: Ok, I typed this up thinking I could make a new topic but I can't untill tommorow. So if you guys could post a topic with it for me as what you want to see in the new BBS. I would adore you.

Heres what I had to say.

"This topic will be one of the first to contribute to the new BBS revelution.

Uuuummm....I think someone's POSSIBLY getting a bit ahead of themselves.

BBS Signature

Response to Invade our forums with intellect! 2006-07-19 14:11:37

At 7/19/06 02:05 PM, Plakat wrote:
At 7/19/06 02:03 PM, The_Freak_Child wrote: SO your saying were immature and unintelictual?
Real cool man
Again, not trying to be a moderator, but right there is totally the opposite of what we are all tryig to acomplish. Make an actual post. Stop trying to raise yours quicker.

Who the fuck are you to tell us what to do, seriously?

You're not helping anyone, all you're doing is being a fucking nuisance.

i think newgrounds is a pretty cool guy. eh makes falsh and doesn't afraid of anything.

BBS Signature