00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Black actor for Master Chief?

3,693 Views | 84 Replies

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-18 12:58:18

man screw all this high budget crap, they should just computer generate the MC in Starship Troopers

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-18 13:17:20

At 7/18/06 12:52 PM, Jossos wrote:
At 7/18/06 12:48 PM, Synthpappa wrote:
Denzel does have a sexy cock voice, but he's also in his fifties... <3 ;D
Dude, I just realised he is 52. He looks in his late 30's or shit last recent movie I've seen of him.

I knows! It's crazy! Black men usually age very well. <3 ;D

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-18 13:32:02

At 7/18/06 10:29 AM, holymoon wrote: D-- Washington is to be Master Chief of big budget Halo movie.

damn it!

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-18 14:16:33

At 7/18/06 11:24 AM, DunasRNG wrote: "Hated Advent Children." - My apologies, I personally thought it to be the best game-based movie to date.

The only upside to AC would be the "pretty graphics", but I didn't even like the character models that they created. So.. all around, I considered it to be extremely weak. No substance, oozing with the fact that it was made for profit, and.. as was roughly said earlier, to appease the drooling, obsessed fan base. It's a cash cow that was exploited, and is still to this day. That is not to say it's wrong for someone else to enjoy it, I was just very disappointed because I loved the original game.

I agree on the Solid Snake part, although I'm not sure WHO I would put in that role. Hopefully Hideo Kojima's taking an active role in the casting and writing.

Well, Hideo Kojima hasn't failed us yet. So, who knows.

Halo... at the least it's going to have the game's music, which is well-done and excellent for the scenes it's used in. Time will tell.

The Silent Hill movie also had an all video game soundtrack, which was the best and most consistent part of the entire movie. Let's hope that's not the highlight of Halo as well, lol.

As for DoA, the casting isn't promising, but it could turn out ok... chances are, it'll be crap, but who knows? It could turn out to be decent.

I'm going to side with the theory of it being crap.

At 7/18/06 11:45 AM, -KennethTheSociopath wrote: If it had to be Hollywood then I would go for Christian Bale.
The Ol' American Psycho / Bat Man himself. It only make sense.

American Psycho and Equilibrium were such awesome movies, and they made me love Christian Bale. Then watching him in Batman Begins, The New World, and The Machinist.. his coolness became questionable.

Other than that some off the street nobody becomes a huge god among nerds.

I think that's the best route to go, to choose an unknown/fresh face who's best suited for the role, and dear lord, they need to make sure he has some muscle on him (*ahem* referring to a certain Superman, or a certain Topher Grace chosen for Venom -- how fucking depressing to see such bone children on the big screen playing notoriously buff characters).

I'm sick of Hollywood, i'd think that others were too. To become a nerd idol, though, depends on if the movie isn't complete shit.

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-18 15:37:57

At 7/18/06 10:33 AM, _XaNDer2193_ wrote: now im clueless to master cheifs race...

He's asian.

I say this because I really, REALLY want Jackie Chan to play Master Chief.

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 01:01:42

At 7/18/06 10:29 AM, holymoon wrote: Fuck..All I can say is fuck. HOw about that cute superman guy? He is about 6'

more like, 6"
if you know what i mean ;)

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 01:03:38

At 7/18/06 10:31 AM, UnknownFear wrote:
At 7/18/06 10:30 AM, Smizzoach wrote: As in Denzel?
That would actually be quite interesting to see Denzel play as MC.

I would love to see that.

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 01:03:48

what they probably will do/ what makes the most sense... is that they have a stunt guy play as the Master Chief, and then have the voice actor from Halo 1 and 2 do the Voice acting! OMFG!

BBS Signature

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 01:04:26

I cant help but feel ur kinda raicist not saying u r but thats the feel i get frum ur post

BBS Signature

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 01:06:14

Make that Sgt. guy white. I'd fucking laugh.

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 01:06:22

At 7/18/06 01:06 PM, Devil_Winds wrote: Whats wrong with that? Are you being racist?

Well... seeing how the Master Chief IS white... (some/most of you probably haven't read them) it would make sense to have him be white... lol. But then you'll reply (BUT YOU CAN'T SEE HIM!) Well, my reply to that is, "Why don't they just hire a low pay stuntman rather then a high paying actor you can't see and SHOULDN'T hear?" lol... He should be Sgt. Johnson =D

BBS Signature

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 01:37:19

scwarscheneggerwould be awesome fer that part. or someone with a bettter voice, since the body will probly be computerized anyways.

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 01:38:25

At 7/18/06 12:51 PM, WadeFulp wrote: How about Shaq?

How big is Master Chief supposed to be? Is the human in the suit supposed to be really big? Or is he just big because of the suit?

wade, we started a great photoshop your posts thing today..yer gonna be pissed i can say that.

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 01:40:53

At 7/19/06 01:03 AM, SardonicSamurai9 wrote: what they probably will do/ what makes the most sense... is that they have a stunt guy play as the Master Chief, and then have the voice actor from Halo 1 and 2 do the Voice acting! OMFG!

thats true!

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 02:10:31

Some people should do a little research before posting things like this...

From Kotaku:

"You've heard the talk, right? That Mr. Denzel Washington might be portraying enigmatic space soldier Master Chief in the movie adaptation of Halo? Well, it seems that that particular casting rumor is going to live about as long as a dozen glazed donuts in Harry Knowles basement apartment.

Turns out that Denzel was down under to visit effects house Weta Workshops for a different film, not the Peter Jackson produced video game flick. Australian contributor Latauro had this (and more) to say about the validity of Washington's turn as the Halo green machine."

Bam, shut the fuck up about it.

EP2 out now! Download it for free :).

soundcloud | newgrounds

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 02:18:09

At 7/18/06 12:51 PM, WadeFulp wrote: How about Shaq?

How big is Master Chief supposed to be? Is the human in the suit supposed to be really big? Or is he just big because of the suit?

Shaq can't talk. Period.

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 02:19:00

At 7/18/06 11:10 AM, DunasRNG wrote:

One of the major characters is a black sergeant.

Maybe Denzel will play him as a character.

BBS Signature

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 02:24:17

Not meaning to sound racist or anything but if they show Master chief they would be using a white guy at least for that part (read the books 2 find out chief is white has freckles, curly brown hair i believe, and is extremely scarred) and on a side note they ight be showing the other spartan in the movie too

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 02:29:22

I thought he was black in the game???

NEED BEATS??? I GOT EM ELSEWHERE

I sell beats here Matt Mattik

BBS Signature

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 02:45:11

Here is the only description for the master chief and yes he is a man.

"John was born in 2511 and spent the first part of his childhood at Elysium City, on the human colony planet Eridanus 2 where he lived with his family. John was large for his age at the time, approximately a foot above his school peers, a sign of a "perfect genetic match" for a project dubbed "SPARTAN-II". He is described (at the age of six) as having brown hair, freckles and a gap inbetween his two front teeth. This is the only clear description of his face ever given in the Halo universe."

His description seems pretty white since i mostly notice freckles on white people.

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 02:59:17

At 7/18/06 03:37 PM, Krinkels wrote:
At 7/18/06 10:33 AM, _XaNDer2193_ wrote: now im clueless to master cheifs race...
He's asian.

I say this because I really, REALLY want Jackie Chan to play Master Chief.

I need weapon DOYAAAAAAAAAH!

But to the people who were talking about who would play Solid Snake, the only person who could play him would be Kurt Russel, if they had made it 20-30 years ago.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 03:01:22

That's because Snake was modeled after Kurt Russel from Escape From LA and Escape From New York.

David Hayter should bulk up and play Solid Snake imo.

soundcloud | newgrounds

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 03:05:29

In the books master cheif was a pale whitey... sad but true, he was pale because he was in his armor alot.

LOLNOWAI

BBS Signature

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 03:07:51

At 7/19/06 03:01 AM, sculpted_cold wrote: That's because Snake was modeled after Kurt Russel from Escape From LA and Escape From New York.

Yeah, they made that obvious when he said his name was "Iriquous (sp?) Plissken" and his name was Snake.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Black actor for Master Chief? 2006-07-19 03:12:27

At 7/19/06 03:07 AM, -Kuro- wrote: Yeah, they made that obvious when he said his name was "Iriquous (sp?) Plissken" and his name was Snake.

Maybe you shouldn't word your sentences like a n00b.

soundcloud | newgrounds