00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

emoloser21 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newground's Department of defense.

580,670 Views | 12,412 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-02 23:02:55

Quotes don't count because it's taking someone else's hard work and using it for your own points. I just can't let quotes fly. I'm sorry guys I should have made the rules more specific. Next time I know to cover literally everything in the book I can think of when making up rules.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-02 23:21:14

At 6/2/08 11:02 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Quotes don't count because it's taking someone else's hard work and using it for your own points. I just can't let quotes fly. I'm sorry guys I should have made the rules more specific. Next time I know to cover literally everything in the book I can think of when making up rules.

That is exactly what I expected and the way that I think that it should be done. I just wanted to make sure so I could kind of keep an eye out for people quoting out entire previous messages thinking that it will boost their score. As for being explicitly specific in the rules, no matter how specific you are you will get a million questions about them. I normally try not to be the biggest source of all these questions but it just so happened that I was interested in the "quotes, no quotes" issue, as I will be calling it from now on, at the time when I sent in my last post.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-03 07:12:22

At 6/3/08 02:33 AM, ShortMonkey wrote: Do you guys seriously think you can beat the monkey?

LAWLZ! He asked if we seriously thought we could "beat the monkey!!!!" Get it? Anyone? No? Ok....I'm just gonna go back to work then...

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-03 15:42:08

At 6/2/08 07:22 PM, ShortMonkey wrote:
At 6/2/08 07:13 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Im really sorry i did not think i had lack of proof, i saw his comments and the flash this albinoblacksheep.
Well, just because it has the logo of "albinoblacksheep" in a flash movie here on NG doesn't mean its stolen.

As you are saying?

To phantomlassuk: Man up and don't puss out, the thing's deleted with a score of 2.47

Funny thing is that my review's there as well despite what happened

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-03 18:46:37

I was about report a stolen submisson but, it got marked for admin review. So why did that flash get deleted, was it because it was stolen? or did the author decide to remove it?. I done two new reviews so far not much i done one, audio the trouble with reviews is i have to reallly use my brain. On the roaster im still number 37 im slow at gaining b/p points.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-03 19:46:08

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/44 2604 Warning real man naked blow the whistle

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-03 19:53:24

At 6/3/08 07:46 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/44 2604 Warning real man naked blow the whistle

You wacked off to it didn't you?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-03 20:07:06

At 6/3/08 07:53 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 6/3/08 07:46 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/44 2604 Warning real man naked blow the whistle
You wacked off to it didn't you?

Don't be rude Idiot-Finder, phantomlassuk was just trying to be helpful. Besides, according to the profile phantomlassuk is a girl...I think. It can't be proven, but I think it's a girl lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-03 20:08:45

I feel stupid when I told her to "man up"

*facepalm*

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-03 20:22:20

Yes iam female i not sure why i was be wacking off to it ,i was just reporting it sorry. Icant believe people submit stuff like that anyway. I quite proud of my reviews they are getting good sorry, to sound like a statwhore its amazing what you find in the portal. The real author submitted a game someone earlier, has stolen werid or what. I need to check out if they got some more reviews in Review Request Club.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-03 22:17:34

Alright well I really don't have anything to interject into the conversation but if I don't post something then I will waste a bunch of time next time I come one rereading all the posts since my last post that I just read.

All that I can really say is that I need to throw a heads up to APF. I just put a post in the Wii thread where I quoted a paragraph from Wikipedia to help some one in there. The whole first paragraph of the post should be dark and quoted but I screwed up when I put it in there and it looked like I typed it. I just wanted to make sure that you don't count that towards that competition at all.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-03 22:36:21

I'm just dropping by to say Hi!

I'm still busy studying with exams and exam week is next week :(

I won't be active much like I've already stated before.

I will try to make a post quoting a lot of people again though when I'm back.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-03 23:07:09

At 6/3/08 02:33 AM, ShortMonkey wrote:

what happened in 1978?

Glad you asked, here's what happened:

It was July, the Red Sox led the Yankees 14.5 in the division and it seems that they'll wrap it up. But then suddenly things started to pull together, after the Yankees manager Billy Martin got canned (despite the team finally begin to chip away the Red Sox's lead) for mentioning Steinbreinner's conviction years before, Bob Lemon took over and there the streak begins while the Sox starts to slow down. Thanks to Guidry having the greatest season of his career, Jackson free swinging to prove his contract worth, and Goose Gossage coming around after his early struggles at the month of April, the Yankees overtook Boston partly thanks to that epic 5-game sweep at Fenway called "Boston Massacre ll", the divison lead the Red Sox held were gone. As the Yankees were beginning to pull away something happened, the Red Sox started to come around and caught up in the end, forcing the one game playoff on October 2,1978.

To be continued...

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 03:40:09

can i be in the competition?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 03:55:25

At 6/4/08 03:49 AM, ShortMonkey wrote:
At 6/4/08 03:40 AM, bobbinter wrote: can i be in the competition?
You need to be in the club first. Read everything here and read about the departments and their requirements here.

ok, i wanna join, but how do i?
ive read the regulations and i want to be part of the bbs

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 03:58:43

shortmonkey,
have you noticed theres not alot of darks around anymore on newgrounds

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 04:01:47

shortmonkey?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 06:52:28

At 6/4/08 04:01 AM, bobbinter wrote: shortmonkey?

I'm going to help prevent you from quadtriple posting, double posting is understandable but you'll need to be careful.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 07:00:38

At 6/4/08 06:52 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 6/4/08 04:01 AM, bobbinter wrote: shortmonkey?
I'm going to help prevent you from quadtriple posting, double posting is understandable but you'll need to be careful.

thanks...
do you know how or when i can join?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 10:34:18

At 6/4/08 07:56 AM, ShortMonkey wrote:
At 6/4/08 07:00 AM, bobbinter wrote: do you know how or when i can join?
If you think you meet the requirements to join a particular department you may request to join here in this thread. The NGDD General, Commander or Department Head will either reject or accept you. Whoever gets the first say.

Idiot-Finder has already warned you about quadtriple posting, but you'll also have to use decent grammar when posting here if you become a member. We can't have members that make us look like a dirty, lazy crew. In fact, even if you're not a member, always use decent grammar when posting here and if you want to be respected, use it all the time when you post!

ok,
if you don't mind,
can i be part of the BBS department.
I promise to use good grammar and not to send more than one message in a row!

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 11:53:16

At 6/4/08 10:34 AM, bobbinter wrote: ok,
if you don't mind,
can i be part of the BBS department.
I promise to use good grammar and not to send more than one message in a row!

The fact that you triple posted here makes me a little cautious to accept you, but I'm going to put the decision on your Department Head. Although I may be the Commander of the NGDD, and I CAN accept you, I would rather leave the decision to DarkSoldier. Apparently he'll be responding to messages sometime soon, which means you need to be patient and wait until he comes back.

Keep checking back in if you'd like, but no more triple, or even double posting. No one liners, either, because those are completely unacceptable. I'll send you a PM when I ifind out DarkSoldier's decision.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 12:03:08

Woop my audio response ration to audio reviews is over 50% :)
How is everyone?

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 15:49:45

1.) ShortMonkey
Flash Reviews - 247
Audio Reviews - 88
Posts - 5,788
Points - 52
7.) Hybrid-Of-Souls
Flash Reviews - 330
Audio Reviews - 12
Posts - 2,874
Points - 7

Well, turdburglars. Looks like I've still got some major catching up to do, so long as studying for exams and the pressure doing so doesn't get to me. Hopefully I'll move up next listing.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 21:04:55

10.) SupraAddict
Flash Reviews - 222
Audio Reviews - 20
Posts - 1,568
Points - 0

You didn't count my 6
reviews before that?

I didn't realize the contest started
later than it originally stated.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 21:05:44

I have no doubt that you will gain some points but I will gain some points to. I plan on being way ahead of everyone after the next update. Once you see my updated scores you will realize that it was silly to even try to match up to me with this contest. No one can beat me.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 21:49:30

At 6/4/08 09:05 PM, head2toewinner wrote: I have no doubt that you will gain some points but I will gain some points to. I plan on being way ahead of everyone after the next update. Once you see my updated scores you will realize that it was silly to even try to match up to me with this contest. No one can beat me.

Well, I will try to give it my best shot.
I mean, I am two days late, but I bet I
can come close as to at least get, I
don't know, 2nd place :3
Either than that it's anyone's
game. Hey, I mean, two days behind is
a big impact.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 22:25:24

Well i wrote my reviews and discovred someone maarked my underdog from last week useless how it useless? It annoys me when i put hard work into my reviews only for someone to rate it as useless. Anyway does anyone here watch TOTW?, i do its crap but funny i usually review it every week. Well my stats look kay so far.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 22:37:52

At 6/4/08 10:25 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Well i wrote my reviews and discovred someone maarked my underdog from last week useless how it useless?

Yea, a couple of people will mark down your hard reviews if they
oppose your own-it happened to me on a daily basis.
Just remember, never review a bad spam crew flash like
the KK's or impersonator clock crews because, no matter
which side you choose to rate it on, you'll get a bad mark.
This is because if you say something negative but truthful
with constructive critizism, the crew will mark you as
unhelpful, however, if you congratulate them on their
work, then anti-crew newgrounders will still mark you
as unhelpful. Bottom line is, you get screwed either
way you look at it.

It annoys me when i put hard work into my reviews only for someone to rate it as useless. Anyway does anyone here watch TOTW?, i do its crap but funny i usually review it every week. Well my stats look kay so far.

What does TOTW stand for? I might know it but I kinda doubt it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 22:42:57

At 6/4/08 10:37 PM, SupraAddict wrote: What does TOTW stand for? I might know it but I kinda doubt it.

"Turd of the Week." - Current TOTW.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-04 22:59:26

Part 2:

Willing to avenge the "Boston Massacre of 1978" in which they were slaughtered with football scores, the Red Sox are trying to find a way to shut the Yankees down. With the fact that while the Yankees ace Ron Guidry went 24-3 to that point and he is also slated to start the one game playoff on a two days rest and what's really weird? All three losses came in against opposing pitchers each named "Mike", seeing this the Red Sox manager Don Zimmer decides to go with this coincidence and start Mike Torrez at what would become one of the most epic game of the 70s. This will be one of the few times a 163th regular season game will be played despite being referred as "The One Game Playoff" as it'll decides the fate of those two teams since the wildcard won't officially exist until 1995, adding an extra playoff series as a result.

To be continued...

Please subscribe

BBS Signature