00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

shoutoutzo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

sending large file size to tom

665 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

sending large file size to tom 2006-05-25 03:34:37

hi, i finished part 4 of a claymation i made, its too big of a file, is there anything in specific i need to do to send tom my work to see if he will put it up on newgrounds? i mean by specific like, title the email somthing so he would know it's like somthing im aking him to submit. that was just an example. if i missed out anything important in my question, please tell me, tell me what i need to know please.

sorry if i reposted this, yet again, i just didnt get anywhere by posting in the other sections. somone sent me to the flash submit page, but it's too big of a file size to just submit it like that.

thanks

BBS Signature

Response to sending large file size to tom 2006-05-25 03:55:06

Dude read the help:

Q: The Portal won't accept my movie because it "exceeds the file size limit."

A: The Portal has a 5MB file size limit. We set this limit to encourage more optimized Flash. If we feel your movie is not optimized, and is wasting space, we may delete it. Do not make a 150k flash movie and add a 2-3MB MP3 file! Just remember, Pico is only 300k! If you have something over 5MB that you feel is more than just stick figures shooting each other, you can e-mail it to me and I will post it manually.

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to sending large file size to tom 2006-05-25 04:51:47

At 5/25/06 03:55 AM, -Casualty- wrote: you can e-mail it to me and I will post it manually.

I thought you emailed him without the file and he'd lift the limit on your submission size.

BBS Signature

Response to sending large file size to tom 2006-05-25 07:31:17

At 5/25/06 04:51 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 5/25/06 03:55 AM, -Casualty- wrote: you can e-mail it to me and I will post it manually.
I thought you emailed him without the file and he'd lift the limit on your submission size.

I dunno... This comes straight from the FAQ/Help, although I never had to mail a file.

BBS Signature

Response to sending large file size to tom 2006-05-25 08:42:57

At 5/25/06 07:31 AM, -Casualty- wrote: I dunno... This comes straight from the FAQ/Help, although I never had to mail a file.

haha, the FAQ is out of date. I remember liljim said once that you didn't need to email it and that they could just remove the upload limit on your account.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to sending large file size to tom 2006-05-25 12:59:30

At 5/25/06 08:42 AM, Kirk_Cocaine wrote: haha, the FAQ is out of date. I remember liljim said once that you didn't need to email it and that they could just remove the upload limit on your account.

Thanks for telling me, I still thought it was done the e-mail way =S

BBS Signature