00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

snoozerzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help rate new Flash in the Portal!

20,377 Views | 198 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 13:35:29

sorry wade, and everyone else who noticed my mistake!

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 14:14:29

I blam alot of stuff... I protect probably 1 out of 6.

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 14:20:11

At 5/15/06 02:45 PM, Big_SciZot wrote: Um thanks for the encouragement, I guess.

ya, thanx wade?

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 15:22:12

At 5/15/06 02:43 PM, WadeFulp wrote: It also most avoid having the whistle

Zomg, Waid made a spelling mistake!

must*

BBS Signature

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 15:25:40

At 5/16/06 01:35 PM, -TipEhtFoMottob- wrote: sorry wade, and everyone else who noticed my mistake!

You don't need to apologize, it's not like it's a fatal mistake. Also I'd doubt many people who don't know about voting system (which is quite obvious when you've browsed this site for more than 15 minutes) won't read this anyway, and it's quite useless. It's not like that voting bar is hidden in a corner. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 16:19:19

At 5/15/06 08:51 PM, liljim wrote:
At 5/15/06 08:18 PM, NuGrownds wrote: I have asked it a couple times around here, but no one has answered(liljim did once, but his suggestion was to make sure my clock was syncronised(ouch, sp?), which it perfectly is, and always was.
The date is more important than the time... And that's accessible (at least in Windows) through the clock (double clicking it). You might even have the right month and day set, but the year could be set back. I've heard of crazier things happening.

Go ahead and tell me it's not Tuesday, May 16, 2006. That's exactly what my little clock in the bottom right hand corner of my screen tells me.

And it has never lied before.

And I'm getting pissed off, because no one is answering me.

You want more people voting? Well here's another person, unfortunately, I can't vote. Please. Help.

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 16:54:45

At 5/16/06 03:25 PM, -Toast- wrote:
At 5/16/06 01:35 PM, -TipEhtFoMottob- wrote: sorry wade, and everyone else who noticed my mistake!
You don't need to apologize, it's not like it's a fatal mistake. Also I'd doubt many people who don't know about voting system (which is quite obvious when you've browsed this site for more than 15 minutes) won't read this anyway, and it's quite useless. It's not like that voting bar is hidden in a corner. :P

HOLY SHIT! DOES ANYONE FUCKING READ ANYMORE!? I'm not telling people to vote in general, I'm telling people to vote on under judgment Flash entries! The majority of our audience DOES NOT know about Under Judgment Flash. I'm trying to educate more of our users incase some of them would be interested in helping out. If the majority of our users knew about Under Judgment Flash, and participated in voting on it, things would only be under judgment for a matter of minutes.

Now be sure you read my posts word by word before you leave another idiotic reply.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 16:58:09

At 5/16/06 04:54 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

Now be sure you read my posts word by word before you leave another idiotic reply.

Don't worry, I fully understand... please answer my question, and I'll vote :D

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 17:00:48

At 5/16/06 04:19 PM, NuGrownds wrote: Go ahead and tell me it's not Tuesday, May 16, 2006. That's exactly what my little clock in the bottom right hand corner of my screen tells me.

Leave more details as to what you are seeing. Do you see the vote bar? Are you trying to vote on under judgment Flash? What browser are you using? What version is it? What operating system are you using? Do you have the latest version of the Flash plug-in? Do you have cookies enabled? Have you checked through your browser's security settings?

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 17:01:32

At 5/16/06 12:59 PM, Newground_Freak wrote: We already know all this? reminder?

Read the first sentance in my post moron! I'm addressing people who are new to the site and who aren't aware. Obviously you aren't new, and you are aware, so does the fucking post apply to you? NO! So STFU!

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 17:03:15

At 5/16/06 04:58 PM, NuGrownds wrote: Don't worry, I fully understand... please answer my question, and I'll vote :D

I wasn't talking to you and be more patient.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 17:03:29

This is just an idea I might post in Denvish's thread later, but since this is your thread, I think you'd read this. It's just an idea to help: Usually I see the voting bar immediately for flashes with small sizes, and a hell of a lot longer for ones with 5000 KB or something. My proposal is that the flash submitters select a time period for when the voting bar should appear on their under judgement flashes only. It would make users sit through the whole flash and vote at the end instead. The flaw though, is that submitters can lie about the time and put 200 minutes and make the user wait too long. Because of that, the time would have to be restricted to a small amount of maybe 10 minutes. Just an idea and since your a site afilliate, just wanted your opinion.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 17:06:31

At 5/16/06 04:54 PM, WadeFulp wrote: The majority of our audience DOES NOT know about Under Judgement Flash.

Hm, does the new layout apply more self advertising? I believe the front page, but the most, the Portal itself would do good if it had some extra notes about the free accounts and it's possibilities.

Maybe a page which tells of all advantages with signing up?

Sure, there are like some hints. But they need to be exposed more. I know loads of people who go on Newgrounds, but few of them have signed up for an account.

And yeah I know it's my duty to make them sign up, but lets just say that none of them would if it wasn't for me. ;-)

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 17:14:22

At 5/16/06 05:06 PM, Andersson wrote: Maybe a page which tells of all advantages with signing up?

Yeah, Tom and I were talking about ways to promote the various features of the site better.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 17:16:46

At 5/16/06 05:03 PM, -MetalDart- wrote: The flaw though, is that submitters can lie about the time and put 200 minutes and make the user wait too long.

Well that'd only lower their score.

To just add in there, the voting bar is delayed with one second per 100 kb. So if a flash submission is 57 kb large for example, the voting bar will appear more or less directly after you've begun to view the submission.

If it's a submission with a 5 MB large file size, the voter will have to wait for 50 seconds; simple math.

The voting bar then, will appear about at the time the preloader is done loading.

So, first off, we know that a lot of people doesn't care to gain blam/save points from submissions with a massive file size, just because of the long delay.

And, secondly, to make your flash submission larger just because you'd like the voting bar to have a longer delay is quite risky due to the fact that you might lose viewers, and, your work won't be as praised, since people will complain about the unnecessary large file size.

At 5/16/06 05:14 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Yeah, Tom and I were talking about ways to promote the various features of the site better.

Ah, that seems good. It's always been a thing I thought Newgrounds was missing.

If you're on it, however, I don't believe you'll have trouble with finding out how to do it best. Just think about having contrast to the background, like the NG BBS search bar would need.

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 17:19:13

At 5/16/06 05:16 PM, Andersson wrote: Well that'd only lower their score.

I get what you're getting at. And all that other stuff about how many seconds delay there are, was new to me! I thought it was just based on filesize and some other random stuff. So yeah, thanks for clearing things up and I'm now back to the portal!

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 18:31:14

At 5/16/06 05:14 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Yeah, Tom and I were talking about ways to promote the various features of the site better.

Sounds like a good idea. Will be seeing more about this anytime soon?

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 18:41:32

My god... some of you people are really..just..dumb! Jesus, what is there to not get! This is a post to tell everyone, members, non-members, and whoever, how to vote if they do not know how to vote. It is to inform them about the Flash Portal, and the top 50 list, and different parts of NG that people obviously don't know about. Are you all that dumb that you can't understand the simplicity of that? Why is everyone posting stupid replys? It's just a god damn informer.

Now, my suggestion might be dumb, and might be an annoyance to NG, but it would sure as hell work. Maybe if you had a javascript or some type of HTML script that generated a pop up on the site (custom made graphics pop-up like thingy) that kept track of IPs. The pop-up would ask you if you knew how to vote on flashs or not. Once you answer yes or no it would do it's thing and then close out. Once it closes out it records the IP address of that user and will never display again based on what they answered, this way it won't keep coming up every time they visit the site.

It might be a little dumb like I said, but I guarentee that 1% would go up some more. Or just do what others have said and make a page explaining how to vote, in simple..simple instructions for the... slow users.

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 18:47:02

Or you can replace "Our Sponsor <<" with a mini flash movie showing how to vote on Flashs, and shows the flash movie. I'd make it if anyone wants =D

Although I'm not sure what you'd do about advertisements then =/

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 18:48:45

I'm a Sergeant First Class, Wade. I knew about this "talk" at Safety Patrol.

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 18:49:07

At 5/16/06 06:47 PM, True_Darkness wrote: and shows the flash movie

*portal
not 'movie'

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 23:15:23

Heh.
I knew it would only be a matter of time before idiots started posting and wade got pissed off.

Ban them all Wade!

commence evil laughter at this point for 7 minutes then STOP.

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 23:15:54

blue hippo has too many bp points i demand you redistribute them... all to me

Help rate new Flash in the Portal!

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 23:21:35

wtf wwhy are you telling us to vote wade, we already know that duh!!

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 23:24:17

At 5/16/06 11:21 PM, F00D wrote: wtf wwhy are you telling us to vote wade, we already know that duh!!

z0mg wat a n00b!!11 you dont knowe how to voet !111 lol11! j00 must laern from teh masta !

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 23:26:57

goddd wade why da hell are you telling people to vote i mean come on its obvious!!!

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 23:31:18

Ween are now officially my new favorite band that I never appreciated enough before.

Also, voting. Also, rules and faqs.
Also, under judgement flash. Also, Wade.

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 23:42:44

At 5/16/06 11:31 PM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote: Ween are now officially my new favorite band that I never appreciated enough before.

Also, voting. Also, rules and faqs.
Also, under judgement flash. Also, Wade.

oh no! its teh lil gecko n00b agian !!111 go away ya lil reptile n00b b4 i squash j00 wit my pen0r !11111!

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 23:48:50

At 5/16/06 11:42 PM, PeterWang69 wrote:

oh no! its teh lil gecko n00b agian !!111 go away ya lil reptile n00b b4 i squash j00 wit my pen0r !11111!

yes sir!
right away sir!
:C

Response to Help rate new Flash in the Portal! 2006-05-16 23:54:41

At 5/16/06 11:48 PM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote:
At 5/16/06 11:42 PM, PeterWang69 wrote:

yes sir!
right away sir!
C

run fast b4 i biet j00r tail , j00 lil gecko ... ! j00 saed to teh universe that j00 exist but teh universe does not liek n00bs 'n' is why j00 must go awai n0w .