00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RYKEO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

957,070 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 05:52:18

At 2/21/04 01:49 PM, FFMaster03 wrote:
ed cruimt pa dra cysa eh pudr, pid e tuh'd ghuf

Translation It should be the same in both but I don't know.

po dra fyo ajanouha, drec ec so 100dr bucd, lusa uh madc lamapnyda mum.

Translation By the way everyone, this is my 100th post, come on lets celebrate lol.

lol. gz on the 100th post. and special gz on speaking two whole sentences in al bhed. how did you do it, do u know a website with all the letters on or are u like one of those wierd people who know how to speak klingon?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 05:53:52

At 2/21/04 06:20 PM, Painbringer wrote:
And you Hellz_Advocate for getting the actual 10000th post - May you never be forgotten.

i wasnt trying to get the 10,000th post. it was some freak accident. sorry once again for that. oh well, as everyone has said over and over again, its not who gets the poist, its the fact that we reached it.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 06:52:43

ffx-2 is the worse ff so far, but its still good so i cant complain too much.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 07:21:45

At 2/21/04 03:49 PM, matthias_gothias wrote: i dont care what other people say FF8 is The best squaresoft/squareenix game out there

squaresoft and square-enix are "not the same" company.
squaresoft makes FF for PS,end enix only for the big N.

but your right! FF8 is the best!!!(Zell rules! XD)
but it still bot his weak points...

the storry in FF7 was better,and the game play was better in FF9.

Final Fantasy Club

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 07:27:51

At 2/21/04 06:12 PM, Underground_Muffin wrote:
At 2/21/04 03:49 PM, matthias_gothias wrote: i dont care what other people say FF8 is The best squaresoft/squareenix game out there

no. ff7 was the best. if it was made nowadays with the graphics technology used in x-2 everyone would say the same.

x-2 which rules and if u dont have it yet u r a fewl!!! the opening fmv is aaaawwwwwweeeeesome!!! REALLY

in fact, im gonna go play it now

x-2 has the best opening fmv? thats news to me. u must have a unique copy of the game. on mine there was that leblanc woman singing a fucking awful pop song that sucked.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 09:12:37

At 2/22/04 07:27 AM, Hellz_Advocate wrote:
At 2/21/04 06:12 PM, Underground_Muffin wrote:
no. ff7 was the best. if it was made nowadays with the graphics technology used in x-2 everyone would say the same.

yeh ff7 definately best story, ff 8 awsome gameplay, actually ffx was good, but only as good as the others

x-2 which rules and if u dont have it yet u r a fewl!!! the opening fmv is aaaawwwwwweeeeesome!!! REALLY

in fact, im gonna go play it now
x-2 has the best opening fmv? thats news to me. u must have a unique copy of the game.

Actually i was 1 of the first ppl to have a copy so u never no
:on mine there was that leblanc

(The enemie/ally)
:woman singing a fucking awful pop song that sucked.

well... yeh

but look at that AMAZING graphics!!!!!!!!

the storys a bit weird on ffx-2 and actually its too remenicent of ffx. ---SPOILER!!!!--- (well sorta)

Vegna gun is lookin like the nu sin and tidus the new uhh tidus' dad. but lenne? lenne!!? havent got that far yet dont no.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 09:41:59

I never played FF7 but I heard it was great. I played FF8, 9, 10, and 10-2 and I like 10 the best. anyone here play FFXI online? I heard it sucked. by the by the opening for FFX-2 was so bad. I so didn't need to hear that song. and the second FMV with them posing was just disturbing. it ruined me for life

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 09:54:56

At 2/22/04 09:41 AM, DuMa_RyoHahn wrote: I never played FF7 but I heard it was great. I played FF8, 9, 10, and 10-2 and I like 10 the best. anyone here play FFXI online? I heard it sucked. by the by the opening for FFX-2 was so bad.

I so didn't need to hear that song.

yeh the songs annoying but the graphics r fuckin awesome"!!!

and the second FMV with them posing was just disturbing. it ruined me for life

its ment to b charlies angles fewl

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 10:10:03

Look, everyone! It's Rikku!

Final Fantasy Club

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 10:38:34

At 2/22/04 05:52 AM, Hellz_Advocate wrote: lol. gz on the 100th post. and special gz on speaking two whole sentences in al bhed. how did you do it, do u know a website with all the letters on or are u like one of those wierd people who know how to speak klingon?

Thanks, but what does GZ mean lol. I can give you the site with the translator if you want.

Oh, and Xenophage, please don't post Hentai, you'll get banned for it, even if it is Final Fantasy.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 11:06:06

At 2/22/04 09:54 AM, Underground_Muffin wrote: its ment to b charlies angles fewl

it was still awful. I mean I so didn't need to see that. why couldn't they do some other kind of pose. plus that smile and that sound effect. omg that shit was bad. I mean the game loosk great but their are things I could have done without

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 11:28:38

yeah i still think ff7 was the best because of the story line. but now we will be able 2 see them in full detail because ff7 advent child is gona come out

Final Fantasy Club

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 11:36:14

At 2/22/04 11:28 AM, SephirothWannaB wrote: yeah i still think ff7 was the best because of the story line. but now we will be able 2 see them in full detail because ff7 advent child is gona come out

I liked not knowing better.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 14:17:08

At 2/21/04 06:20 PM, Painbringer wrote: As member of the OCP underground, I would like to congratulate you guys on being one of the few new clubs to break the 10000 barrier, and become, as I like to call, a biggest topic.

"new" clubs? We're over a year old, and I think we were around before the OCP was.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 14:24:21

At 2/22/04 11:28 AM, SephirothWannaB wrote: yeah i still think ff7 was the best because of the story line. but now we will be able 2 see them in full detail because ff7 advent child is gona come out

except the storyline will be different and there will be a few changes in the world of... whatever world FF7 took place in.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 15:20:15

thanks painbringer, but as wonko said, we arent so new, anyways, yes, its great to break the barier

anyways, as duty calls me, ill have to defend FF11 (for the one that said they told him its bad). Its one of the greatest games ever, maybe if u heard its bad is because of one of these 2.

1) They wanna be pks, free pking will never be alowed, i think theyll make duels and stuff in later updates but thats if both sides agree.
2) They had a pretty bad time finding party probably becuse there r thousands of melee damage dealers (warriors dark knights dragoons, etc) so they got bored and left. (that doesnt mean u cant be one, its cool, i have dragoon and dark knight leveled and love them, but there r a LOT of them, so ull have to wait to find a party, i dont have much problems since my main job is red mage)

if u dont need to be a bastard pk, choose a job that is very requested by parties or dont mind a lil waiting (or has very good luck) then its the game for, because all the other stuff is awesome. Also, have in mind that it is a game meant to be for players to cooperate between them, there r things that will be hard to do alone and other things that will be simply impossible, the only way to soloo effectively in the game is to be a low lvl forever or to choose beastmaster.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 15:32:37

say...the sephiroth in the movie trailer got "short" hair...and ho is the guy in the white mage dress?
now i WANT to see the movie after seeing the trailer!

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 15:44:25

hey guys can i join my favorite FF game is number 7 and if i have to pick a charecter can i be vincent valenitne

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 15:46:17

At 2/22/04 03:44 PM, Red_ViolatorPSM wrote: hey guys can i join my favorite FF game is number 7 and if i have to pick a charecter can i be vincent valenitne

No, we don't do characters. Or numbers. technically we do ranks, but the tests have been being made for months. So just put it in your sig that you're a member.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 15:48:50

At 2/22/04 03:46 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
At 2/22/04 03:44 PM, Red_ViolatorPSM wrote: hey guys can i join my favorite FF game is number 7 and if i have to pick a charecter can i be vincent valenitne
No, we don't do characters. Or numbers. technically we do ranks, but the tests have been being made for months. So just put it in your sig that you're a member.

k i will

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 16:24:40

u guys have been talkin about adevent children and how its gonna let us see them better, well i think cloud looks more like tidus, and sephiroth looks kinda skinny, i think they will end up spoiling it like matrix 2 and 3 did for the matrix.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 17:42:49

At 2/22/04 03:48 PM, Red_ViolatorPSM wrote:

And try not to be someone who joins and then never posts again. We need more active members.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 19:05:55

i did that wonko, but im pretty active now :)

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 20:43:15

dont worry i post all the time. If i dont post for awhile it means my bro is on the comp or I am playing FF7 on my computer

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 22:25:19

What more can we talk about in Final Fantasy? haha, here something I found. Some may be interested.

FFTA Crossovers

Like FFT, the huge inventory, mission list, and quest items contain lots of references to other FF games. To whit:

* The most obvious: The name of both the city and country, Ivalice, comes from the country FF Tactics takes place in. Also, Bervenia Palace takes its name from Bervenia Free City (and Bervenia Volcano) from FFT; it's the place St. Ajora was born.
* Materite (a quest item and the subject of a few missions) is basically "Materia ore". Materia, again, is from FF7. Also, silvril is probably just a mistranslated "mithril", and the missions for it echo the mission for getting mithril in FF2.
* The head of the Borzoi clan was actually called Guzco in the Japanese version - a reference to the thief from FF3.
* The Redwings clan is a reference to Cecil's airship fleet in FF4.
* The Falgabirds, leaders of the Redwings, are actually the four Fiends/Chaoses from FF1 and FF9. However, rather than being unique characters, they're just generic monsters (Lich is a zombie, Malirith is a lamia, Kraken is a flan, and Tiamat is a thunderdrake.) The name "Falgabird" is also a reference to the town Fargabaad in FF3 (it was translated this way in FFT as well, see above).
* In the "Free Baguba" mission, you go up against three lamias who are actually the Magus Sisters, of FF4 and FF10 fame: Sandy, Cindy, and Mindy.
* The "Free Muscadet" mission has you coming up against three characters: a Templar named Silverlock, and two assassins named Celia and Redy. This is a remake of two fights in FFT against Elmdor (who has silver hair), and his assassins Celia and Lede.
* In the "Free Bervenia" mission, you come across the Guzco again, who's turned into a Lucavi (here translated as Rucavi), a crossover from FFT. He's also abetted by two Apandas (actually ahrimans) and two Archaeodemons (actually icedrakes).
* In one of the "ForeignFiend" missions, you go up against a Queen Lamia (just a renamed Lamia), from FF2.
* In another one, you fight an Adamantoise (actually a renamed Toughskin).
* In yet another one, you come up against an Ochu and a Neochu. Ochus appear in the rest of the FF series, but here it's just a renamed Marlboro. Neochu is from FF1.
* The "Magewyrm" mission has you pitted against a dragon named Garland - a boss in both FF1 and FF9. (I got that from a Japanese FAQ and don't recall if he was translated that way in the English version.)
* The "Missing Meow" mission has you fighting a Master Coeurl (just a renamed Coeurl), a reference to the monster from FF10.
* "The Worldwyrm" puts you up against a thunderdrake named Ogma; after beating him, you get an item called Ogma's Seal. This is probably a reference to the Omega [Weapon]s from the rest of the series; after beating them you usually get something called "Proof of Omega", a useless item.
* "Gulug Ghost" makes another mention of good old Gulug (Gurgu) Volcano from FF1 and FF9.
* "Mirage Tower" mentions a mirage tower in the middle of the desert - definitely an FF1 reference.
* "Falcon Flown" references a falcon named "Hyperion", which was the name of Seifer's gunblade in FF8.
* Mysidia Alloy (both a quest and an item) is a reference to the town of Mysidia in both FF2 and FF4.
* There's a reference to a blacksmith named "Gilgame" in the missions "Blade & Turtle" and "Armor & Turtle". This is probably a reference Gilgame Cave in FF5, where Gilgame, a turtle, attacked you.
* Cactuberry mentions that in the Japanese version, there were references to the Calcobrina from FF4 and the M.Machine from FFT. I haven't corroborated this yet though.
* The Buster Sword, Apocalypse, and Hardedge are from FF7, the Onion Sword is from FF3, and the Chirijiraden, Nagrarok, and Materia Blade are from FFT, as is Osafune (where it was called Bizen Boat). Kain's Lance is from FF9 and is also a reference to the character Kain from FF4. Excalibur 2 is from FF9 as well.
* Although there's no Odin summon in the game, there is an item called Odin's Lance.
* There are several items that reference creatures from the series: Ahriman Eye and Wing, Chocobo Skin, Bread, Gratin, and Egg, Marlboro Wine, and Tonberry Lamp.
* The Mindu Gem is a reference to Mindu from FF2 (see Minu Orb in FFT, above).
* The Calling Gun is a reference to FFT's Magical Gun treasure, and also to the Demon Gun from FFU (or vice versa).
* The Kiddy Bread and Grownup Bread is a reference to the Kid's Bread and Adult's Bread from FFT.
* Da Lovett points out that the Gulug Ghost mission might be a reference to the FFT proposition "Girl in Gulug Volcano", the history of which reports the party running across the spirit of a girl.

NG Review Moderator // Report Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 22:25:54

At 2/22/04 02:17 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: "new" clubs? We're over a year old, and I think we were around before the OCP was.

So this club was around before the C&C forum? Hmmm.

Anyway, when I said new, I meant relative to the Blam Club which is about three-years-old.

Sorry for bothering you guys again, but I just had to clear that up.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-22 23:55:09

At 2/22/04 10:25 PM, Painbringer wrote:

So this club was around before the C&C forum? Hmmm.

You mean before the Clubs and Crews forum? yes we were. And we were always at the top of the general section. And Latinos en newgrounds was right behind us.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-23 02:42:09

Why wont you people post?!

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-23 03:39:42

At 2/23/04 02:42 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Why wont you people post?!

How many members are there in this club? I try to at least make an attempt at posting.

Boy, there are heaps of crossovers...here's one you missed.
-The name of the world, Ivalice, the name of the world in FFVII...

Hmm...how did part of Square go to Nintendo anyway? I thought they all went and stayed with Sony...

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2004-02-23 04:55:02

Yeah, there exist many crossover indeed.

I found them here
http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/excross.shtml

Here's some Ex-crossovers.

ahamut Lagoon: An only-in-Japan game. Obviously besides for Bahamut himself, as a summon, there's also the Presenter, a sorta-secret monster who also happens to appear in FF6 as an optional mini-boss. Also, certain of the forms of Salamand, the hero's dragon, appear similar to monsters from FF6. Deboahan looks like the Dirt Dragon, and White Warrior looks like one of the monsters on the World of Ruin overworld. Also, one of the final forms of Thunderhawk, "D.Chimera", looks very similar (although much higher-resolution) to an identically-named monster from FF5.

Ehrgeiz: Some go so far as to call this "Final Fantasy Fighter". No less than five of the 9 main characters from FF7 are completely playable in the PlayStation version (Cloud, Tifa, Yuffie, Vincent, Sephiroth); Zack is also playable (as an alternate graphical version of Cloud). As well, the final boss, Django, bears a remarkable resemblance to Red XIII from the same game. The characters use many of their Limit Breaks and victory poses, and two music themes are from FF7 (fighting Cloud in arcade mode is a remix of the FF7 battle theme, and fighting Tifa is a remix of Prelude). Thanks to Simon Ammundsen for some of that info. Also, as J4K0 reminds me, Ehrgeiz itself is the name of one of Zell's weapons from FF8.

Tobal 2: Chocobo is one of the hidden characters here. Click here for a picture.

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue: Marek 14 says: "At one point in the game, the party visits a gypsy camp. There is a big bird that pulls the caravan. When you talk to the girl nearby, she tells you "Oh, that? That's a choco... a chuckubuu." Tongue-in-cheek! The bird is referenced as chuckubuu afterwards ;-)"

Suikoden 2: Khessed sent in this pic inside a university in one of the towns. That statue on the desk looks remarkably like a Cactuar. 8-)

Xenogears: Hanging on the wall in a house in the upper-class Solaris community is a poster of Tifa! Screenshot here.
Also note that two characters here are named Roni and Rene, which are the same as the middle names of Edgar and Sabin from FF6. See Name Origins for more info on that.

Parasite Eve: The banner in front of the Museum Of Natural History has a Chocobo on it.

Vagrant Story: This game was made by the same team who did FF Tactics, so of course they'd stick some references to FFT in it. For starters, a lengthy quote in the stunning introduction sequence is attributed to "A.J. Durai" - better known as Alazlam from FFT. Plus, four of the items in the game are "Agrias's Balm", "Beowulf", "Orlandu", and "Altema". By the way, the names Rosencrantz and Guildenstern from the game come from Shakespeare's Hamlet. Guildenstern's first name is Romeo, as well. 8-)

Legend of Mana: If you go to the city of Geo and you go to the Magic Academy, look at the sign in front of the building; a small black mage can be seen clearly on the sign. (Sent in by Jeff M..)

Parasite Eve II: One of Aya's weapons is a gunblade. Also, Denisse writes that one part of the game has Aya trying to find a cure for a computer virus known as "Cloud" - the antivirus is called "Aeris".

Resident Evil II: This was sent in by Palmer of the Turks: In FF9, the statue in Lindblum Castle says "There's no place to put the medal..." when you examine it. Since there's no medal mentioned anywhere in FF9, this is probably a reference to RE2, where you have to put a medal into a statue and a similar message occurs if you examine the wrong statue.

NG Review Moderator // Report Today!

BBS Signature