00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Interloping just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official World Cup Germany Thread

102,227 Views | 2,613 Replies

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 06:30:29

I think Materazzi called him a homosexual.

Here's why, moment before the headbutt they were involved in a head duel, because the ball came from top. Materazzi pulled Zidane and jumped so he could hit the ball, while doing this Materazzi grabbed Zidane's nipple.

So here's what went on:

Zidane: Keep your hands to yourself.
Materazzi: I'm not the one who's gay here.
Zidane: Are you implying i'm gay?
Materazzi: Well seems so.

Calling a muslim gay is pretty offensive to them, so like in the arab stylle he did, Zidane proudly stood up for his religion and gave him a headbutt.

Provocation is a very nice weapon indeed.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 06:56:38

At 7/10/06 06:30 AM, -Akula- wrote: I think Materazzi called him a homosexual.

Hm. That might be it, if Zidane's a muslim (I wouldn't know).

Provocation is a very nice weapon indeed.

No shit, everyone tries to use it. The C. Rep. coach told reporters in no uncertain terms that his team would do it's best to provoke Totti into doing something foolish, since they thought that he was the star player on the team.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 07:02:13

At 7/10/06 03:40 AM, Lagrance wrote: We need a big red owned:
http://www.zone.ee/b..oodlike/zidane.gif?2

Hehehe, OWNED

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 07:08:51

shit italy won... i bet 200$ on france :(

why france? WHY!!!!????

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 07:11:51

I hate Italy, I hate Materazzi.

Zidane is a huge football legend and Materazzi made his latest big football to be a worst one.
He didn't even receive a medal.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 07:55:25

At 7/10/06 07:11 AM, Nino_JoJ wrote: I hate Italy, I hate Materazzi.

Oh noes, us Italians are truly miserable now.

*kisses world cup*

Zidane is a huge football legend and Materazzi made his latest big football to be a

worst one.

Materazzi didn't "make" Zidane do anything. It's his own dumb fault for not keeping a cool head in the last game of his life.

He didn't even receive a medal.

After that? You really think he deserved one? Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 08:18:42

At 7/9/06 11:02 PM, -Gabe- wrote: Zidane: Badass or just a plain asshole? I mean, he kicked that Italian dude's ass pretty badly

yeah but meturazzi say something 2 him lol and he dint kick him it was a he hit him whit his head on his chest

wewdiewg

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 08:42:36

Apparently he spoke 2 sylables to him. "Bald-Y" is my guess.

like i said earlier

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 09:09:17

Right back at the start of this world cup I predicted Italk would win. Admittedly they haven't been the best team, and probably haven't deserved it, but it seems my prediction has one through. Maybe it is the 12 year rule (reach the final every 12 years, win it every 24), or more likely facing up to the adversity they face at home with the corruption scandal. Either way, Italy are the world champions.

In memory of a great tournament I have come up with a few questions that summarise it quite nicely. Feel free to answer them yourselves, no doubt everyone will have different answers, especially as mine are quite biased towards England (no surprise there).

1) Best Player

There have been no stars this world cup, many of those predicted to shine were highly disappointing. Today Zidane was named player of the tournament, but I have to disagree. Up until his moment of madness maybe he was, but for his overall display Cannavaro, the Italian captain deserves the award as by far the best defender in the world, and the outstanding performer of the tournament.

2) Worst Player

This is far more difficult, as there have been SO MANY underachievers, especially amongst the forwards. Ronaldo, Toni, Pauleta, Lampard all have a claim for this award after strings of poor performances, as does the other Ronaldo for his cheating ways. However the stand out candidate for me is Totti, who was crap from start to finish despite being billed as the Italians best player. His only achievement was that dodgy penalty against Australia, and he won his place in the team for that.

3) Best team

I guess I ought to say Italy, after all they did win it. Also the germans won many fans with their attacking style. However for entertainment and the spirit of an outsider I have to go for Ghana. They played magnificently to get out of a tough group and threaten Brazil despite a 3-0 loss. I remain a fan of the African nations, as their passion and style of play is fabulous to watch, and here's hoping in their own continent next time they can do even better.

4) Worst team

Again, many candidates as so many teams underperformed. Brazil had a shocking start, as did France for that matter. Spain underperformed as usual, and the Czech Republic and England were blighted by a severe striker shortage. And of course Serbia and Montenegro finished last due to their drubbing by Argentina. However I have to go with Portugal, despite reaching the semi finals, for their endless cheating and diving throughout the tournament (and I don't just mean the Rooney incident). I went in to the tournament liking them as an outside bet, and come out of it hating their style of play and many of their players. They have won no fans this tournament, and indeed lost many.

5) Best goal

Everyone keeps going on about that Argentina goal, but I am going to go with the volley from Joe Cole. That has to be one of the best strikes from distance in World Cup history.

6) Best match

For comebacks it has to be the Australia match against Japan, coming back to win 3-1 in the dying minutes. For drama, the Germany-Italy semi final and that amazing finish in injury time. For craziness, Portugal-Holland and the insane referee. But for sheer quality I'm going to go for Argentina-Mexico, which was brilliant from start to finish, and won by a brilliant goal.

7) Worst match

Easy: Ukraine-Switzerland, enough said

8) Most memorable moment

There are so many moments in any World Cup, and this is no different. The wink from Ronaldo (yep, I'm still going on about it), the crazy Portugal- Holland match, with all those bookings, the winning penalty from Italy, or South Korea having their national anthem played twice against Togo. However the madness of Zidane last night saddly surpassed them all, and i fear he will forever be remembered as a great player who lost his head in the world cup final, adn possiblt cost his nation the championship.

So thats it, another 4 years to wait before the drama starts again The greatest show on Earth comes to an end with many changes to the game; the Germans being popular, the Portugese hated, the referees worse than ever before, and also much the same; Spain underachieving, and the hopes of England dashed by a penalty shootout.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 10:17:28

I agree with almost every candidate...

the only one I have to disagree with is Totti for the Worst Player in the World Cup.

First of all...come one man, there were tons of guys from Ghana and other new teams that couldn't even dribble. The worst thing you could say about Totti is that he was the worst player among those who're usually considered the best players.

Second of all, allthough he was totally out of shape, he maintained his awareness on the field that we've come to expect from him. Whenever he got the ball, he passed it to the right man, or ran in the right direction.

I'm just sorry that the rest of the world didn't get to see him at his best...damned injury screwed up his chances of that.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 10:19:11

I don't see why Zidane shouldn't get player of the tournament because of the headbutt. The "Hand of God" goal didn't stop Maradona getting it in 86.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 11:02:04

At 7/10/06 10:19 AM, areyoureadyEddie wrote: I don't see why Zidane shouldn't get player of the tournament because of the headbutt. The "Hand of God" goal didn't stop Maradona getting it in 86.

If Zidane deserves an award after that crap then so does Christiano Ronaldo

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 11:04:51

At 7/10/06 11:02 AM, ES_Lethalattack wrote: If Zidane deserves an award after that crap then so does Christiano Ronaldo

Cronaldo did actually deserve an award, the best young player of the tournament, which he was by a mile.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 11:35:52

I don't know why everyone hates C. Ronaldo.
He is one of the best players out there.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 11:37:13

At 7/10/06 11:35 AM, -Rule- wrote: I don't know why everyone hates C. Ronaldo.

Because he's diving twat, quality player when he wants to be but he knows the eyes of the world are on him and he still dives, it's crazy.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 12:33:56

At 7/10/06 11:37 AM, Mr_Pope wrote:
At 7/10/06 11:35 AM, -Rule- wrote: I don't know why everyone hates C. Ronaldo.
Because he's diving twat, quality player when he wants to be but he knows the eyes of the world are on him and he still dives, it's crazy.

and is arrogant, two faces and cries like a puff

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 12:41:21

Zidane: THE GAME. lmao, that's so great.

Also this. D:

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 12:51:42

Apparently materazzi said that zidane is an terrorist and that his siter is an prostitute.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 12:57:00

At 7/10/06 12:51 PM, Lagrance wrote: Apparently materazzi said that zidane is an terrorist and that his siter is an prostitute.

Source? All I read was that he said something "very serious".

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 12:58:16

At 7/10/06 12:57 PM, EyezOnMe wrote:
At 7/10/06 12:51 PM, Lagrance wrote: Apparently materazzi said that zidane is an terrorist and that his siter is an prostitute.

There is no source, nobody knows yet, it's all speculation.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 13:12:11

At 7/10/06 12:58 PM, Mr_Pope wrote:
At 7/10/06 12:57 PM, EyezOnMe wrote:
There is no source, nobody knows yet, it's all speculation.

apparently it was only 2 syllables.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 13:14:18

At 7/10/06 01:12 PM, areyoureadyEddie wrote: apparently it was only 2 syllables.

Your Mom?

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 13:15:14

At 7/10/06 01:14 PM, EyezOnMe wrote:
At 7/10/06 01:12 PM, areyoureadyEddie wrote: apparently it was only 2 syllables.
Your Mom?

It would have been in Italian...

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 13:18:30

At 7/10/06 01:15 PM, Mr_Pope wrote:
At 7/10/06 01:14 PM, EyezOnMe wrote:
Your Mom?
It would have been in Italian...

Does Zidane know Italian?

Maybe he just said something friendly in Italian and Zidane took it the wrong way...

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 13:20:43

At 7/10/06 12:44 PM, UKer wrote: Get them Zidane!

You dirty bastard. D:

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 13:21:29

At 7/10/06 01:18 PM, EyezOnMe wrote: Does Zidane know Italian?

He was at Juventus for 7 years.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 13:21:41

I think zidane didn't thought that this is his last match and that his foul will be not forgoten. He would be the hero (he may shoot the goal in the penality).

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 13:22:03

At 7/10/06 05:26 AM, LinkSilvermane wrote:
Oh and tell Metarazzi to stop being a cunt who spouts racial slurs. Blasted racist.
Second of all, I'd really like to know where you fellows have been getting all this information on what Materazzi said to Zidane to provoke him.
Telepaths, on NG? Cool.

Do your homework

At 7/10/06 06:21 AM, LinkSilvermane wrote: If we're talking about what players are Cunts and what players aren't, then Zidane should definetly be included among the Cunts.

No way.

He's supposed to be a professional, jeers and insults are commonplace on the field.

Spain made monkey sounds for black players, Zidane spoke against racism in the Brazil match. Yet your filthy Materazzi still comes and messes with his head.

I hate how all you Italy supporters don't care that your team underperformed, cheated, dived and are racist. All you care is that you won, the world knows what kind of people you are now >:(

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 14:42:14

At 7/10/06 01:22 PM, Cajunspirit wrote:
I hate how all you Italy supporters don't care that your team underperformed, cheated, dived and are racist. All you care is that you won, the world knows what kind of people you are now >:(

Mostly agree with that. I wouldn't call them all racist and their game against us was good, but other than that, they were a complete disapointment.

More dives than Portugal !
Now THAT is an achievement!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-10 14:47:34

I really thought Germany had the biggest chance after France knocked out Brazil!