00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thatgooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official World Cup Germany Thread

101,629 Views | 2,613 Replies

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 11:03:17

Brazil plays today!

GIGGTY GIGGITY GOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOO

wtfbbqhax

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 11:27:12

wow these are the worst refs ever in the USA game they gave ghana a penalty kick in stoppage time for foul that wasnt even there. And in the italy game they made the worst calls ever with unnesacary bookings. All the refs in the Italin game should have been fired right after that game. I thought FIFA hand picked the refs and if they did they did a terriable job on those refs.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 11:31:44

At 6/22/06 11:27 AM, Sixers1fan wrote: wow these are the worst refs ever in the USA game they gave ghana a penalty kick in stoppage time for foul that wasnt even there.

yeh but the USA goal was offside so it evens itself out.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 11:38:22

wow HORRIBLE REFS ftw

sleep 18 hours, party 24

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 11:40:27

Italy have been poor this WC. I don't think teams will be too bothered if they come up against them.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 11:51:18

At 6/22/06 11:02 AM, areyoureadyEddie wrote:

who's that fag with the pony tail. He's a diving cunt.

That would be Camoranesi...he was substituted for Barone.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 11:52:32

At 6/22/06 11:40 AM, areyoureadyEddie wrote: Italy have been poor this WC. I don't think teams will be too bothered if they come up against them.

...did you happen to see our latest match?

We owned Nedved's team. If we play like we did in the second half in the next few games, other teams are going to have to be very fucking careful.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 11:59:32

Bahahahahahaha!

Ghana 2 - USA 1

This just tells me that the FIFA ranking system is completely wrong. Fifth ranked USA should have had no trouble beating Ghana. Also, the second ranked Czechs are out of the group round too. I definitely did not see Italy and Ghana coming out of the group. Group E was definitely a shocker.

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 12:00:05

Don't you mock Ghana, they are fucking awesome <3 I'm dutch, But I hope Ghana wins the WC

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 12:01:24

WOOT! Italy just took Czech!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 12:03:14

At 6/22/06 11:59 AM, mighty_potato wrote: Bahahahahahaha!

Ghana 2 - USA 1

This just tells me that the FIFA ranking system is completely wrong. Fifth ranked USA should have had no trouble beating Ghana. Also, the second ranked Czechs are out of the group round too. I definitely did not see Italy and Ghana coming out of the group. Group E was definitely a shocker.

Ghana shocked me too...they guys have heart, that's for sure.

But even people who know dick-all about soccer know that Italy is among the world's best teams...you shouldn't be surprised at all about Italy getting through.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 12:03:31

At 6/22/06 11:52 AM, LinkSilvermane wrote:
At 6/22/06 11:40 AM, areyoureadyEddie wrote: Italy have been poor this WC. I don't think teams will be too bothered if they come up against them.
...did you happen to see our latest match?

We owned Nedved's team. If we play like we did in the second half in the next few games, other teams are going to have to be very fucking careful.

italy sucked, they wont get any far if they keep playing as bad as they did today.

they were very lucky to score an undeserved goal on the first half and then the czech republic had to play with 10 players for the rest of the game.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 12:08:08

At 6/22/06 12:03 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote: But even people who know dick-all about soccer know that Italy is among the world's best teams...you shouldn't be surprised at all about Italy getting through.

I'm not. I probably should have made myself clearer. I'm surprised that neither the Czechs or the USA advanced. My original prediction for group E was the Czechs winning the group, followed by Italy. I fully expected Italy to come through the group stage. They were seeded for a reason, you know.

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 12:11:35

At 6/22/06 12:03 PM, jn4 wrote:
italy sucked, they wont get any far if they keep playing as bad as they did today.

they were very lucky to score an undeserved goal on the first half and then the czech republic had to play with 10 players for the rest of the game.

Undeserved? Very lucky I beg you to watch the replays of that particular goal, and to tell me exactly in what way that was undeserved, and in what measure we were LUCKY. It was a friggin' BEAUTIFUL goal.

And were WE dumb enough as to get one of our fastest players kicked out of the match? No. They richely deserved to get that guy expelled from the match, after he came at Totti from behind like that.

They got about 4 shots at net (all by Nedved, their one and only really GOOD player), all stopped by Buffon, who played beautifully. We got about 10 shots off.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 12:16:13

Hehehe....

The US goes back to playing baseball. Leave football to the pros.

*a**hole mode off*

No, seriously. Not a bad game by the US, but just not good enough for the world cup.

I wish all you fans out there could be over here right now, it's absolutely fantastic!

A pity we didn't get to play England....
Meh, no matter.We'll just take down Sweden on Saturday.

BERLIN, BERLIN, WIR FAHREN NACH BERLIN!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 13:04:49

At 6/22/06 12:11 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote:

Undeserved? Very lucky I beg you to watch the replays of that particular goal, and to tell me exactly in what way that was undeserved, and in what measure we were LUCKY. It was a friggin' BEAUTIFUL goal.

not really, only a header. Anyway he means Czech were playing better before the goal.

And were WE dumb enough as to get one of our fastest players kicked out of the match? No. They richely deserved to get that guy expelled from the match, after he came at Totti from behind like that.

the first yellow shouldn't have been though.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 13:06:06

At 6/22/06 12:16 PM, --Hybrid-- wrote:

A pity we didn't get to play England....
Meh, no matter.We'll just take down Sweden on Saturday.

BERLIN, BERLIN, WIR FAHREN NACH BERLIN!

suprised your up for a game with us after what happened last time : p

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 13:20:07

At 6/22/06 11:56 AM, -Alex- wrote: USA can't beat Czech.
USA barely ties Italy on an own goal.
USA can't beat Ghana. Ghana is the size of one of our states for fucks sake.

We don't deserve to move on in any way. I hope this shuts up all the USA soccer fanboys at home. They all suddenly got into soccer and started rooting for the USA, but none of them have even heard of the European leagues.

Well, I don't know about the "soccer fanboys", but the US did impress me quite a bit (although Ghana is looking like the surprise team of this WC). They played a very good game against both the Czech Republic and Italy (I have no idea as regard the Ghana game, had a test at the worst time possible) and in the end; they showed significant improvement from 94 (Donovan, in particular, could potentially play in a "big team", at least as a sub).

The US, together with Japan, are gradually improving their football and may yet become something of a force in football (“replacing� some eastern European countries that have decayed in the last decades), although the biggest recent improvement has to be the African teams, even if they are inconsistent and generally inexperienced.

Fun: THAT IS THE BENEFIT OF DIPLOMATIC IMUNITY!

To think about the world, click cat.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 13:23:27

At 6/22/06 01:20 PM, Vertigo200 wrote: (�replacing�

<sigh>
Firefox keeps replacing " (a quotation mark should be right next to the parenthesis) with random letters all the time... it's getting really tiresome. Anyone know why it does that and how to stop it?

Fun: THAT IS THE BENEFIT OF DIPLOMATIC IMUNITY!

To think about the world, click cat.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 13:56:05

MY DERAM HAS COME TRUE michel owen has been healed

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 14:20:02

At 6/22/06 12:11 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote: They got about 4 shots at net (all by Nedved, their one and only really GOOD player), all stopped by Buffon, who played beautifully. We got about 10 shots off.

Rosicky is world class as well.

Well, Brazil and Japan play out a meaningless game tonight, leaving Australia and Croatia to playoff for second. It's got the potential to be a very good match.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 14:28:01

At 6/22/06 02:20 PM, jonthomson wrote: Well, Brazil and Japan play out a meaningless game tonight, leaving Australia and Croatia to playoff for second. It's got the potential to be a very good match.

I cry if Australia does not win: They are my underroos!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 14:56:17

guys everyone knows that brazil will win again.BUT ronaldo(fat boy as i call him) is the WORST palyer in brazil!!! Who do ya think is the greatest footballer of all time, hm?
( Franz Beckenbauer)

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 14:56:26

At 6/22/06 02:28 PM, -Markus wrote:

I cry if Australia does not win: They are my underroos!

Just hope that Italy plays against Croatia next match, then.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 15:16:01

HA-HA did you saw what the coach did? XD

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 15:19:54

i think argentina will win.with that 6 to 0 victory that was cool.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 15:27:20

Japan's main problem is that none of it's players can take a decent shot on net.

They run like hell, they've got good dribbling skills, and they're pretty coordinated, but there's not a single goal scorer among them.

They're managing to hold Brazil off for the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 15:33:11

Oh Snap!! Japan just scored and they're now in front 1-0 over Brazil.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 15:33:36

JAPAN GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-22 15:36:55

At 6/22/06 03:19 PM, Bluefalcon92092 wrote: i think argentina will win.with that 6 to 0 victory that was cool.

That was ARGENTINA vs SERBIA & MONTENEGRO, who although under rated, in no way match the class of Argentina and quite frankly played like Chesterfield do every other Saturday when I go to their home games :/