00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Interloping just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official World Cup Germany Thread

102,228 Views | 2,613 Replies

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 15:51:24

Yay Pirlo!!!

One hell of a shot. Finally, after Toni hit the top post and Cannavaro missed two freakin' shots.

And did you guys see Giliardino DUCK in order to let the ball in?

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 15:51:36

At 6/12/06 02:40 PM, LegendaryLukus wrote:
At 6/12/06 02:38 PM, shazzam wrote:
At 6/12/06 02:36 PM, LegendaryLukus wrote:
At 6/12/06 02:34 PM, shazzam wrote:
At 6/12/06 02:28 PM, LegendaryLukus wrote:
If they couldn't penetrate the Czech defense, there is no way they well even scrap the most defensive team in Europe (Italy)
Even Wales could beat Italy. that is all I have to say
lol are you comparing a friendly with a World Cup game where Italy will almost be playing at home??

USA has no chance.
Haha. Almost at home. I'm actually comparing the game to a euro cup qualifier with wales. Competitive.

pfff competitive? Qualifiers are nothing compared to WC. Not even close. Many times teams play with subs to save players or because they are already qualified.

And yes, agains the USA, Italy will almost be playing at home because its easier for Italian fans to get to Germany, than Americans. Chants play an important role in matches.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 15:57:31

At 6/12/06 02:49 PM, von_Pluggeleburg wrote: Place your bets!

Italy VS Ghana

Me thinks 3 - 1, Italy wins.

You, sir, are truly the 1337-est of the 1337.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 15:58:50

The LOL of the game goes so far to the player from Ghana. Bitch slaped the ball after his dribbling didn't work :) any of you guys see that??

Anyway, very good game so far. Both are playing very good. Congrats to Pirlo for that wonderful goal!

I hope Ghana keeps up the good work and scores a goal to spice things up :)

"GROOOOAAAAAR!!!!" - Tyrannosaurus rex, 65 million years ago

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 16:00:53

At 6/12/06 03:58 PM, Ubersoldat_Nemesis wrote: The LOL of the game goes so far to the player from Ghana. Bitch slaped the ball after his dribbling didn't work :) any of you guys see that??

Anyway, very good game so far. Both are playing very good. Congrats to Pirlo for that wonderful goal!

I hope Ghana keeps up the good work and scores a goal to spice things up :)

I saw it, it was Appiah.

I love how Ghana are attacking Italy instead of being cautios. Once again in this World Cup, the goal comes from a free kick or corner.

It will be very hard for Ghana to score now because its "catenaccio" time for Italy.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 16:07:53

At 6/12/06 03:51 PM, shazzam wrote: pfff competitive? Qualifiers are nothing compared to WC. Not even close. Many times teams play with subs to save players or because they are already qualified.

Well not in this game. It mattered, and Italy were soundly beaten. My point that Italy are a dying force remains valid. You only think friendlies don't matter because England beat you in one.

Chants play an important role in matches.

So do good teams

Up the Clarets!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 16:08:47

At 6/12/06 04:00 PM, shazzam wrote: It will be very hard for Ghana to score now because its "catenaccio" time for Italy.

Unfortunately. I still hope that Ghana scores though. Come on guys!! Show them that this game is not over yet! Crush that catenaccio!! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 16:17:15

At 6/12/06 03:51 PM, shazzam wrote:
At 6/12/06 02:40 PM, LegendaryLukus wrote:
At 6/12/06 02:38 PM, shazzam wrote:
At 6/12/06 02:36 PM, LegendaryLukus wrote:
At 6/12/06 02:34 PM, shazzam wrote:
At 6/12/06 02:28 PM, LegendaryLukus wrote:
Even Wales could beat Italy. that is all I have to say
lol are you comparing a friendly with a World Cup game where Italy will almost be playing at home??

USA has no chance.
Haha. Almost at home. I'm actually comparing the game to a euro cup qualifier with wales. Competitive.
pfff competitive? Qualifiers are nothing compared to WC. Not even close. Many times teams play with subs to save players or because they are already qualified.

Right, italy had a fully fit first team out for that game, and seeing as wales were top and had won all of their games previous to theirs it was incredibly competitive, get your facts right.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 16:32:52

Is the referee blind or something?

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 16:38:52

2 - 0, Italy

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 16:39:46

go Germany, woohoo.

No.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 16:45:03

At 6/12/06 02:55 PM, jonthomson wrote:
At 6/12/06 02:51 PM, lolomfgisuck wrote: Keller did a shit job as a keeper today. He's arguably one of the best in the world
Keller's not even the best keeper in the American squad.

Long live Brad Friedel.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 16:54:44

YEAH BABY YEAH!

Iaquinta dribbles the fuck outta that scumbag Kuffour, boosts past Kingston, and just taps it in. NICE stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 16:59:39

At 6/12/06 04:07 PM, LegendaryLukus wrote:
At 6/12/06 03:51 PM, shazzam wrote: pfff competitive? Qualifiers are nothing compared to WC. Not even close. Many times teams play with subs to save players or because they are already qualified.
Well not in this game. It mattered, and Italy were soundly beaten. My point that Italy are a dying force remains valid. You only think friendlies don't matter because England beat you in one.

Actually I believe the scores of friendlys do not matter because before WC 02 we beat Italy, Germany and Holland and then we didnt even make it out the group.

Chants play an important role in matches.
So do good teams

Exactly, and Italy is way better than US.

At 6/12/06 04:17 PM, Jonowales wrote:
Right, italy had a fully fit first team out for that game, and seeing as wales were top and had won all of their games previous to theirs it was incredibly competitive, get your facts right.

What I am saying is that Italy will not play their WC like they played their qualifying ones. They'll play hell of a lot harder, thats why I am saying you can't compare the two types of games.

In the WC you lose 2 games and you are out, very different from the Qualifiers.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 16:59:40

Ghana played a good game, best African team until now. They just lacked the finishing touch. Ghana should have gotten a penalty but they should also have gotten some red cards.

I must say that this World Cup is overdoing it on the yellow cards.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 17:01:37

well played gahna, shame they hack xD
I think they could have taken more chances though,
italy were definatly the better team though

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 17:01:51

And that's the end of the match. Kuffour fucked it up totaly. He just passed the ball to Iaquinta :) When i saw it, it was like - WTF?? :)

Ghana played very dirty and aggressive at the end so i guess that Italy deserves then win.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 17:01:53

At 6/12/06 04:59 PM, shazzam wrote: Actually I believe the scores of friendlys do not matter because before WC 02 we beat Italy, Germany and Holland and then we didnt even make it out the group.

I know. We helped to knock you out.

Up the Clarets!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 17:02:04

At 6/12/06 04:59 PM, -Markus wrote: Ghana played a good game, best African team until now. They just lacked the finishing touch. Ghana should have gotten a penalty but they should also have gotten some red cards.

I must say that this World Cup is overdoing it on the yellow cards.

Well, I dunno about the other games that have been played in this cup, but in this particular games there were far too few yellow cards...a lot of people should have gotten them. The ref SUCKED.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 17:02:34

The damn Checks beat the good ol usa I think.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 17:04:31

At 6/12/06 05:02 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote: Well, I dunno about the other games that have been played in this cup, but in this particular games there were far too few yellow cards...a lot of people should have gotten them. The ref SUCKED.

He was probably one of the better refs actually. Good refs know when to play on and ignore Italians who bounce when they go down and then roll over 5 times.

Up the Clarets!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 17:12:17

At 6/12/06 05:04 PM, LegendaryLukus wrote: Good refs know when to play on and ignore Italians who bounce when they go down and then roll over 5 times.

Heh, true. But you can't deny that later on Ghana was playing too rough.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 17:22:58

At 6/12/06 04:59 PM, -Markus wrote: Ghana should have gotten a penalty but they should also have gotten some red cards.

That penalty should have been given. Gyan got clearly fouled.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 17:47:55

At 6/12/06 05:12 PM, Ubersoldat_Nemesis wrote:
At 6/12/06 05:04 PM, LegendaryLukus wrote: Good refs know when to play on and ignore Italians who bounce when they go down and then roll over 5 times.
Heh, true. But you can't deny that later on Ghana was playing too rough.

My thoughts exactly.

See what happened to Totti? To Iaquinta? Did you see what kind of play the linesman stopped for no reason (Italyt would have scored effortlessly)?

I'm not saying that De Rossi and other Italian players werent' a bit dirty, but Ghana was just as dirty as us. The referee didn't whistle on two clear penalty kicks, one for each team.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-12 17:49:51

At 6/12/06 05:04 PM, LegendaryLukus wrote:
At 6/12/06 05:02 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote: Well, I dunno about the other games that have been played in this cup, but in this particular games there were far too few yellow cards...a lot of people should have gotten them. The ref SUCKED.
He was probably one of the better refs actually. Good refs know when to play on and ignore Italians who bounce when they go down and then roll over 5 times.

If only... unfortunately, Calos Eugenio Simon is among the worst Brazilian referees around. In every single game he's in, some critical mistake and / or a huge controversy happens. We have some good refs around here, but he's definitely not amongst them (the choice of referees always has been and still is very political around here).

Fun: THAT IS THE BENEFIT OF DIPLOMATIC IMUNITY!

To think about the world, click cat.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-13 00:01:36

Brasil 2 Croatia 2
Korea 2 Togo 1
France 2 Switzerland 0

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-13 05:04:05

South Korea 2 Togo 0
France 2 Switzerland 0
Brazil 3 Croatia 1

Jam on Korea on the first one. I haven't a clue how they're still odds against considering the general crapness and controversy that always rotates around Togo.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-13 05:17:54

Italy looked fairly strong yesterday, the front 3 will cause problems for every team but they're missing Gattusso in the midfield. The Czechs looked in strongest team so far imo, it's a blow to not have Koller but if Nedved and Rosicky carry on that way I reckon they could go far.

France 2 Switzerland 0
South Korea 2 Togo 0
Brazil 2 Croatia 1

I don't think Brazil are going to be as instantly outstanding as most think. France will finally get their act together and get a convincing win and the Korea - Togo match seems to be a no-brainer.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-13 05:32:08

I'm glad the Czech Republic was more convincing last night than Italy. Czech won USA quite easily compared to how well Ghana played against Italy. I think we'll see some serious fight for the first place of Group E, considering the second of the group is almost certainly going to face Brazil in the first knockout match. It had better be Czech that wins the group.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-13 05:42:51

Brazil is overrated, they were very irregular in the SouthAmerican qualifiers.