00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

danlag4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 2,000 Exp Users

214,910 Views | 2,007 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-04-25 15:14:01

At 4/25/09 02:51 PM, Bahamut wrote: EXP update #12 is now available!

Thanks for the update, Bahamut! Great Stuff.

Well, I've climbed another 7 ranks this month, so progress is very good. Thanks go out to lightning; Brewed-Beaner; WildKarde; Philosio; SubNoctem; bmxgamer and Link0. You guys are the ones that made this rise possible :P

I should get another 6 or even maybe 7 ranks, dependant upon other users movement this month, so happy hunting :)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-04-25 15:54:38

Thanks for the update!

I climed 16 ranks. Pretty good. But now it looks as if some very active users are in front of me. Ok, a few of them seem to miss a deposit every now and then, so I should climb some ranks before the next update.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-04-26 11:30:22

I can't believe I made it to #10 on this list..... :D

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-04-26 16:01:54

Thanks for the update Bahamut.

Instead of gainig 6 or 7 ranks, I gained 11 ranks on this months update. This time there are more active depositers before me, so I don´t expect such a rise in the upcoming update. But I should still make decent progress towards the top 300.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-04-27 11:04:54

It's nice that you found a load of extra users to add to the list.

It's also nice that most of them are ranked lower than myself ;P

Thanks for the update.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-04-27 14:11:25

At 4/22/09 11:48 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Are you kidding me? The four people directly in front of me are all depositing less than I am? Absolutely luck-filled greatness!

Wonderful, isn't it? If only the active depositers right in front of me could do the same for me.

Also, what is up with Recon lately? He missed 5 or so in March, no big deal though... but he's at 23,900 right now... let me repeat... 23,900!...

I didn't notice until you mentioned it. Although he hasn't posted in two months now, it's rather weird for him to have missed that many deposits in a short amount of time.

At 3/28/09 08:45 AM, Bahamut wrote: Then I'll probably pass them at #101 and #100. ;_;
It's looking like I won't have to wait anywhere near that long to get into the top 50, fortunately. Maybe you won't have to wait that long for top 100age, either! We can hope, in any event. #;-}>

The sooner I can enter the top 100, the better.

You sure are tracking a lot o' folks, aintcha!

Indeed, checking the deposits page often helps as well as getting notifications for any 'changes' on that particular page. I registered to one site that informs me if there's been any changes to the page and as it's the deposits page, there's always changes, so I'm getting a lot of emails and a lot of users. Too bad the site's a bit slow and doesn't get the first 50 or so deposits for the grounds gold day. ;)

1500+ now from 8k and up... won't be too long till it's a full top 2000 list, just like BBB's ol' autoupdating site.

And then I could keep it to top 2,000 only or just stick to 8k+ EXP, so it'll exceed 2,000 someday.

You ever talked to him about getting it working again post-redesign? I bet it wouldn't require too much tweakage. ... (sigh)

I won't bug him about it since he may not be interested anymore and besides, I don't think he's visited NG in ages now.

Gah!
If it makes you feel better, I don't even remember what I was lying about anymore...

Which is why checking back is always a good thing, but of course, that slows your catch-ups down.

And they were on sale last week. I told you about them, but you didn't pick them up. What's more, the two games were only £2.25 altogether. ;_;
If I get any more games right now, my baby will kill me. Well, not literally, but she'll be steamed at me

Would she say no to Steam gifts? :P After all, your birthday is in two months time.

Here's hoping the majority will give up by then.
Sure, but just be prepared for them not to, eh? Besides, if you hit level 60 before you get to the top 50, is it really so bad?

Yes it is. It means I'll have to wait so so long to get there. ;_;

Ahhh... when did the 50th EGSC happen, anyway? If you recall, I mean. No need to look it up if not. #;-}>

It was definitely in 2006, but when exactly it happened, I'm not too sure right now, but I think it's somewhere between February - April. Me and Afro_Stud reached EGSC in May.

At 4/22/09 11:54 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 3/4/09 04:02 AM, 36Holla wrote: Thanks for the update Bah.

Moving up the list as always.
OMG, that is like the greatest nickname for Baha-the-mutt. I can't believe I never thought of it myself.

Now what if you were to alter the Bah Bah Black Sheep nursery rhyme to make it referring to me?

At 4/26/09 11:30 AM, YoinK wrote: I can't believe I made it to #10 on this list..... :D

Hey, you've been #10 on my list since the beginning of March.

At 4/27/09 11:04 AM, NEVR wrote: It's nice that you found a load of extra users to add to the list.

It certainly is, but I'm not done searching yet. I have around 20 more users with 8k+ EXP to find right now and that number will only increase.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-04-27 15:15:43

Damn, I just poked my head in here for a bit to snuff around and found myself getting enjoyably lost in statistics and rankings. The work some people have put into keeping track of the different stats on this site is remarkable!

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-04-27 19:12:02

At 4/27/09 03:15 PM, tigerkitty wrote: Damn, I just poked my head in here for a bit to snuff around and found myself getting enjoyably lost in statistics and rankings. The work some people have put into keeping track of the different stats on this site is remarkable!

We are all pawns of the mighty gfoxcook - he is the father of all statwhores and his analytical work will never be forgotten.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-05-04 02:14:02

Woooooooo hoooo! Thanks!

If you did gain more EXP ranks than it actually says on the site, this is because I found many users (around 75 of them from level 27 - 33). Most of the missing users from the last update are level 28 right now, so anyone who's that level will likely to have not gained as many ranks as you may have expected.

We may have had this conversation before, but... why don't you just pull exp rank from profiles and then have gaps in your list like Dogma had on the EGRL? Is it that you don't tend to pull data near the rank recalculation time on NG, and so much of the exp ranks may have changed due to some people depositing and other people not... by the time of the day that you do pull data?

47 24,300 47 240 Parasoul
48 24,260 47 270 FireNWater
49 23,900 47 60 ReconRebel
50 23,890 47 270 100816
51 23,798 47 280 Uniqueusername +1
52 23,790 47 230 iWalker -1
53 23,740 47 280 gfoxcook 0

Looks like passing ReconRebel will get me #52, unless he restarts his engines soon, passing nimmer may get me #51, and passing Parasoul MIGHT get me #50. 240 and 230 are still plenty of exp, but they're no full 270-280 for the month.

Also, in my own personal checks of the flow around me, this is what I discovered back on April 8 (hadn't checked since June 15th, 2008, partly because your list does just fine for me most of the time):

(rank on April 8, rank on June 15, 2008, amount of exp earned in that ~10 month period, exp on April 8, exp on June 15, 2008, name)

43 43 +2540 - 24410 21870 - joliet-jane
44 47 +2690 - 24280 21590 - The-Redeemer
45 48 +2710 - 24210 21500 - Dethyl
46 54 +2970 - 24188 21218 - someone-else
47 53 +2910 - 24150 21240 - Parasoul
48 52 +2860 - 24100 21240 - FireNWater
49 57 +2820 - 23880 21060 - ReconRebel
50 55 +2520 - 23710 21190 - 100816
51 51 +2330 - 23660 21330 - iWalker
52 61 +2720 - 23618 20898 - Uniqueusername
53 62 +2950 - 23570 20620 - gfoxcook

Clearly over the past year, nimmer is missing the most overall, but uniqueusername missed around 20 deposits, as did Dethyl, and joliet-jane missed around 40 deposits. Dethyl and joliet-jane are my insurance policy in case Parasoul doesn't come through for me. #;-}>

And looking at another update I did one day while talking to you on Steam this past week, as you might recall, May 1:

(same deal, only replace dates with May 1 + April 8)

43 43 +240 - 24650 24410 - joliet-jane
44 44 +210 - 24490 24280 - The-Redeemer
45 45 +230 - 24440 24210 - Dethyl
46 46 +230 - 24418 24188 - someone-else
47 47 +220 - 24370 24150 - Parasoul
48 48 +220 - 24320 24100 - FireNWater
49 50 +220 - 23930 23710 - 100816
50 49 +_30 - 23910 23880 - ReconRebel
51 52 +240 - 23858 23618 - Uniqueusername
52 51 +180 - 23840 23660 - iWalker
53 53 +230 - 23800 23570 - gfoxcook

Alas, most recently, uniqueusername and Dethyl and joliet-jane have all recovered and have been depositing daily for a month straight... but there are still plenty of people with less than the 22-23-24 deposits that mean every-day depositing in this same range just in the past month. Mostly Recon and Nimmer, though.

So, that means #51 is very much at hand, and #50 itself might take a bit longer, but then.... it really should, anyway. I'd hate to wait like.... a half year for #52, then have 51 and 50 happen the very same day a few weeks later. I want to get to #51 ASAP, then have #50 arrive momentously! And it seems that it shall. And still the identity of that #50 I must boot out from the list remains a bit mysterious, though the possibilities are starting to narrow a bit.

Coop'll back me up on this, but it starts to resemble watching the magic numbers on various baseball teams in the standings in late September every year. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-05-04 02:31:06

At 4/27/09 02:11 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/22/09 11:48 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Are you kidding me? The four people directly in front of me are all depositing less than I am? Absolutely luck-filled greatness!
Wonderful, isn't it? If only the active depositers right in front of me could do the same for me.

Wonderfully wonderful.

I'm sure there's plenty of depositers in front of you that are pulling the same slowing-down-stunt, but you're less likely to notice them than me, because there's so many more of them in the range you're interested in than in my range.

Also, what is up with Recon lately? He missed 5 or so in March, no big deal though... but he's at 23,900 right now... let me repeat... 23,900!...
I didn't notice until you mentioned it. Although he hasn't posted in two months now, it's rather weird for him to have missed that many deposits in a short amount of time.

Well, I didn't notice it until April, yet clearly it's been effect for longer than the past month, yeah. Anyway, he seems to have possibly woken up again. He was at 23,910 for a week, but now he's up to 23,930, so he's gotten at least 2 deposits in the past few days, I think. Maybe he did take a vacation and he's back now. We shall see.

Indeed, checking the deposits page often helps as well as getting notifications for any 'changes' on that particular page. I registered to one site that informs me if there's been any changes to the page and as it's the deposits page, there's always changes, so I'm getting a lot of emails and a lot of users. Too bad the site's a bit slow and doesn't get the first 50 or so deposits for the grounds gold day. ;)

There's a site that will e-mail you the html of a website you want tracked for changes, basically? Huh.

1500+ now from 8k and up... won't be too long till it's a full top 2000 list, just like BBB's ol' autoupdating site.
And then I could keep it to top 2,000 only or just stick to 8k+ EXP, so it'll exceed 2,000 someday.

I vote for keeping it a top 2000.

You ever talked to him about getting it working again post-redesign? I bet it wouldn't require too much tweakage. ... (sigh)
I won't bug him about it since he may not be interested anymore and besides, I don't think he's visited NG in ages now.

;_;

If it makes you feel better, I don't even remember what I was lying about anymore...
Which is why checking back is always a good thing, but of course, that slows your catch-ups down.

Exactly, so... the less back-checking I have to do, the better for you more than me, anyway. #;-}>

If I get any more games right now, my baby will kill me. Well, not literally, but she'll be steamed at me
Would she say no to Steam gifts? :P After all, your birthday is in two months time.

Of course not, but if you got me the Abe games for my birthday, you'd A) be paying full price for them, not that they're that expensive even normally, and B) I'd feel obliged to gift you something back, and... there we go again. #;-}>

Just relax and I'll get 'em by the end of the year when the next big sale happens, or if you really want to, you can get 'em for me for Christmas when they're nice and super cheap again due to that sale. #;-}>

Sure, but just be prepared for them not to, eh? Besides, if you hit level 60 before you get to the top 50, is it really so bad?
Yes it is. It means I'll have to wait so so long to get there. ;_;

Yes, well.... there's always worse. What if you had to wait 2 years AFTER you hit level 60 to get to the top 50? I'm just trying to emphasise that you are bound to hit level 60 some day, and if you got top 50 the day afterwards, what harm would that do? You made it sound like you had to be there pre-level 60 specifically. But yeah, I get it that it'll take awhile to get there. Hell, I won't be there for another 4 years or so, IIRC.

Ahhh... when did the 50th EGSC happen, anyway? If you recall, I mean. No need to look it up if not. #;-}>
It was definitely in 2006, but when exactly it happened, I'm not too sure right now, but I think it's somewhere between February - April. Me and Afro_Stud reached EGSC in May.

k.

OMG, that is like the greatest nickname for Baha-the-mutt. I can't believe I never thought of it myself.
Now what if you were to alter the Bah Bah Black Sheep nursery rhyme to make it referring to me?

.... uhhh.... well, we'd have to change the black sheep to blue dragon, for starters.

At 4/26/09 11:30 AM, YoinK wrote: I can't believe I made it to #10 on this list..... :D

Congrats on making top 10, Yoink. And even MORE grats on that nice Zelda sword you're sporting thanks to level 51. How long you had that hottie as your level icon, eh?

At 4/27/09 03:15 PM, tigerkitty wrote: Damn, I just poked my head in here for a bit to snuff around and found myself getting enjoyably lost in statistics and rankings. The work some people have put into keeping track of the different stats on this site is remarkable!

Ah, the wonderous sight of a statfan luxuriating in the statly wonderland that is Wi/Ht?. That's why the listmakers do it, tigerkitty. That's why they do it.

At 4/27/09 07:12 PM, Coop83 wrote: We are all pawns of the mighty gfoxcook - he is the father of all statwhores and his analytical work will never be forgotten.

Now now, enjoying stats and making lists doesn't make you pawns of me.

Though I suppose the fact that I managed to invent a few lists myself that became popular enough for people to be upset by my stopping of it... and further popularise another list of someone else's as well that also got people upset by me stopping... ensured that 3 people have now gone on to continue without me having to work on lists myself anymore KINDA makes you (blam, save), Bahamut (10k), and Wylo (VP) my pawns (or minions... I like minions as a term better...). But no one else, I would argue. #;-}>

But thank you, I do appreciate that. I am indebted to the great Newgrundling, who did far more analytical work than myself, and without whom I wouldn't have been updating the VP list in the first place since he was doing it before me... and before that, Captain Bob started it but only did a couple updates which I only even found because of NGling's updates... and I must share credit with the great D0GMA, who started only a month or two after me, but made weblists far more epic than I ever ended up doing (only one of mine ever made it to the web, for one thing, and secondly, my pentalist never relied upon extensive html links beyond just the archive).

If I am, perhaps, more notable... then it is only because of my longevity. I'm still here, a cranky old statfan needing my stat fix after 6+ years... never having fallen off the face of the earth like my two peers mentioned above. And for that, I will gladly accept the "Statfan and Listmakerer lifetime achievement award for attendance" were it to be so proffered.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-05-04 07:34:17

At 5/4/09 02:14 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Coop'll back me up on this, but it starts to resemble watching the magic numbers on various baseball teams in the standings in late September every year. #;-}>

Yeah, although in this case, some obscure team can pop up and suddenly mess the numbers about a bit :P

At 5/4/09 02:31 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 4/27/09 07:12 PM, Coop83 wrote: We are all pawns of the mighty gfoxcook - he is the father of all statwhores and his analytical work will never be forgotten.

Oh no?

Though I suppose the fact that I managed to invent a few lists myself that became popular enough for people to be upset by my stopping of it... and further popularise another list of someone else's as well that also got people upset by me stopping... ensured that 3 people have now gone on to continue without me having to work on lists myself anymore KINDA makes you (blam, save), Bahamut (10k), and Wylo (VP) my pawns (or minions... I like minions as a term better...). But no one else, I would argue. #;-}>

<high voice>For the Overlord!</high voice>

But thank you, I do appreciate that. I am indebted to the great Newgrundling, who did far more analytical work than myself, and without whom I wouldn't have been updating the VP list in the first place since he was doing it before me... and before that, Captain Bob started it but only did a couple updates which I only even found because of NGling's updates... and I must share credit with the great D0GMA, who started only a month or two after me, but made weblists far more epic than I ever ended up doing (only one of mine ever made it to the web, for one thing, and secondly, my pentalist never relied upon extensive html links beyond just the archive).

Ah, but you are currently at the pinnacle of statwhoreishness for the list making and while Bahamut and myself are catching you, we still remain largely in your shadow - I feel that I'm still more in the shadow though :(

If I am, perhaps, more notable... then it is only because of my longevity. I'm still here, a cranky old statfan needing my stat fix after 6+ years... never having fallen off the face of the earth like my two peers mentioned above. And for that, I will gladly accept the "Statfan and Listmakerer lifetime achievement award for attendance" were it to be so proffered.

As a minion, it is my duty to pillage one such award for you...

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-05-04 08:01:30

thanks for the update *:3*

625 fasdfdsaasfdfdsa 12,478 34 0 -21
626 LegolaSS 12,470 34 270 +18
627 MrHighAndMighty 12,470 34 0 -22

Moving on up.... Moving on up.... nothing can stop me :3

i fear it will take me years to get anywhere at this rate :(

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-05-04 14:18:41

Thanks!

830 zimzap 10,978 32 290 +39

Massive movement for me this month! 39 spots is easily my biggest movement in quite sometime so I am very happy with that. I am now in the top 825 and with another month I could make it into the top 800!

Wi/Ht Member #50 | Top 500 XP | Top 80 B/P! | Top 45 Protector | Top 125 VP

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-05-16 13:07:11

At 4/27/09 03:15 PM, tigerkitty wrote: The work some people have put into keeping track of the different stats on this site is remarkable!

I may have gone extreme with finding users to add in the EXP and B/P spreadsheets, but it does disappoint me when I see at least one user missing in the list since my list wouldn't be as accurate as I want it to be, and I want it to be 100%.

One of the greatest things I've ever read on the BBS. :D

At 5/4/09 02:14 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 4/25/09 02:51 PM, Bahamut wrote: If you did gain more EXP ranks than it actually says on the site, this is because I found many users (around 75 of them from level 27 - 33). Most of the missing users from the last update are level 28 right now, so anyone who's that level will likely to have not gained as many ranks as you may have expected.
We may have had this conversation before, but... why don't you just pull exp rank from profiles and then have gaps in your list like Dogma had on the EGRL?

The stat pulling program I have right now doesn't read EXP ranks, so it can't detect which ranks people are at, only EXP number. If I were to see which rank the missing users are, that'd take more time than necessary to make the list. Therefore, the vagrants don't count until they are found just to make things easier for me. :)

Clearly over the past year, nimmer is missing the most overall, but uniqueusername missed around 20 deposits, as did Dethyl, and joliet-jane missed around 40 deposits. Dethyl and joliet-jane are my insurance policy in case Parasoul doesn't come through for me. #;-}>

If you or anyone is interested, I'll make a 1 year special update to celebrate the day I made my first EXP update. However, this will only focus on those who appeared on my first ever EXP update.

At 4/27/09 02:11 PM, Bahamut wrote: Wonderful, isn't it? If only the active depositers right in front of me could do the same for me.
Wonderfully wonderful.

That's funny, as soon as I wished that, one of the active depositers slipped and allowed me to pass him. :D Now if only a few others could do that. ;)

There's a site that will e-mail you the html of a website you want tracked for changes, basically? Huh.

Yep, that's right. It's helped me to get a great amount of users to the spreadsheet as well as having level 26 users to wait for to reach level 27.

I vote for having it at least 8k+ EXP for the time being.

Of course not, but if you got me the Abe games for my birthday, you'd A) be paying full price for them, not that they're that expensive even normally, and B) I'd feel obliged to gift you something back, and... there we go again. #;-}>

I guess B is the main problem here since if I did get something for you, you'd be wanting to get something for me in return. However...

Just relax and I'll get 'em by the end of the year when the next big sale happens, or if you really want to, you can get 'em for me for Christmas when they're nice and super cheap again due to that sale. #;-}>

I guess this wouldn't be a bad idea since they'll be on sale then and whichever games I want I'll probably get them then, unless they go on sale sooner (e.g. All id Software games). We might as well wait until the Christmas sale to get games we're after, unless they go on sale beforehand (obviously).

Yes, well.... there's always worse. What if you had to wait 2 years AFTER you hit level 60 to get to the top 50? I'm just trying to emphasise that you are bound to hit level 60 some day, and if you got top 50 the day afterwards, what harm would that do?

The sooner I get there, the better. That's all.

.... uhhh.... well, we'd have to change the black sheep to blue dragon, for starters.

Bah Bah Blue Dragon have you any....What?

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-05-23 14:24:51

EXP update #13 is now available!

Going down nicely with the amount of missing users on the spreadsheet. Right now, there's around 14 more to find, which is still quite a lot missing but hey, at least I've found many users over the last two months. :)

If any users in front or behind you have gained 260 EXP or less, they've definitely missed a deposit since the last update.

Enjoy the update everyone!

Next Update: 28th June 2009

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-05-23 14:42:40

At 5/23/09 02:24 PM, Bahamut wrote: EXP update #13 is now available!

Thanks for the update... +31 ranks is pretty nice. Looks like I'll break into the top 900 EXP users by the next update. Happy times. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-05-23 17:38:31

Thanks for the update, Bahamut :) Awesome stuff.

Well, I said 7 last month, but if you're telling me that now it's 8 instead, I'll take it!

Right, so in that case, thanks go out to Kusanagi-Kyo ; Mr-Snrub; EVIL-C; cap123; shak3s; ardeahem; PrivatPartz and Lt-Brookman. These guys slacked off just enough to let me squeak through.

I think the three ranks leading directly to 180 came today, which was really good fortune.

This month I'm not so confident of rank gain en-masse. However, I'm getting what could be four ranks from completely inactive users, so that charity is greatfully accepted in this respect always.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-05-24 01:40:41

41 DrMSM 25,083 48 280
42 Overtired 25,078 48 280

Wow, that's close. Lucky me, the profiles say I'm ranked higher.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-05-24 03:58:12

At 5/24/09 01:40 AM, Overtired wrote:
41 DrMSM 25,083 48 280

So by the next update, you might have cracked the top 40? You lucky bar steward.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-05-24 11:50:51

364 BigBreasts 15,415 38 0 -11
365 maddhatter85 15,410 38 270 +3
366 Crev 15,380 38 230 +1
367 Auz 15,320 38 280 +4

I gained another 4 ranks, but it looks like I got some pretty active depositers in front of me now. On the next update I´ll probably only pass 2 people or so.

Thanks for the good update Bahamut!

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-05-24 12:17:46

Thanks for the update! :)

448 Haggard 14,180 36 290 +11

Gained another 11 ranks, but it still will take me some time to get into the top 400.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-05-25 13:47:41

bah, it's going to take a long time to get into the top 1000.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-06-15 22:44:16

Wooooot! Thanks for the update, Bahamut. Hey, just one update for me to reply to. I'm doing well (for me) as of late AFTER all, eh? #;-}>

47 24,570 lv48 +270 Parasoul
48 24,510 lv47 +250 FireNWater
49 24,130 lv47 +240 100816 +1
50 24,068 lv47 +270 Uniqueusername +1
51 24,040 lv47 +250 iWalker +1
52 24,020 lv47 +280 gfoxcook +1

All those +1s for us passing the totally-still Recon, I guess. At first I was all "huh? How did we ALL go up... ahhhhhh..."

Anywho, so much movement lately, it's insane. Just in the 3 weeks or so since the update, I'm now 100 exp ahead of iWalker aka nimmer... who is moving, at least, but not very fast (kinda an-every-other-day deposit pattern as of late).

I AM 28 EXP BEHIND UNIQUE USERNAME. And I was 48 behind on the last update. It's gonna happen soon.

Hey, unique. Stop depositing on June 28th (the date of the next update, as a matter of fact). Then I can pass you on my birthday, June 30th! What a great 32nd birthday present it would be for me to finally make the top 50 list on my birthday, I mean, COME ON. It's perfect. So make it happen, plz. Thx. #;-}>

Going down nicely with the amount of missing users on the spreadsheet. Right now, there's around 14 more to find, which is still quite a lot missing but hey, at least I've found many users over the last two months. :)

Most of those 14, I assume, are way down in the 8k-10k range, at least?

If any users in front or behind you have gained 260 EXP or less, they've definitely missed a deposit since the last update.

Mwahahahaah. If uniqueusername will not fall, then perhaps 100816 will! </the emperor>

Enjoy the update everyone!

And how!

Next Update: 28th June 2009

as I said above, 2 days before my birthday. All I want for the next update is for someone to stop depositing JUST IN TIME for my birthday top 50 entrance. I've already got the +1 exp ranking for next update locked up, just as I had for this past update. +1 EVERY UPDATE, now there's a plan. #;-}>

At 5/16/09 01:07 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/27/09 03:15 PM, tigerkitty wrote: The work some people have put into keeping track of the different stats on this site is remarkable!
I may have gone extreme with finding users to add in the EXP and B/P spreadsheets, but it does disappoint me when I see at least one user missing in the list since my list wouldn't be as accurate as I want it to be, and I want it to be 100%.

BEEEEEEEE THE BEST! Keep fighting, fight test fight... to best the rest... fight best fight the test fight right best! BE THE BEST.

One of the greatest things I've ever read on the BBS. :D

:::rolling of teh eyes:::

At 5/4/09 02:14 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 4/25/09 02:51 PM, Bahamut wrote: If you did gain more EXP ranks than it actually says on the site, this is because I found many users (around 75 of them from level 27 - 33). Most of the missing users from the last update are level 28 right now, so anyone who's that level will likely to have not gained as many ranks as you may have expected.
We may have had this conversation before, but... why don't you just pull exp rank from profiles and then have gaps in your list like Dogma had on the EGRL?
The stat pulling program I have right now doesn't read EXP ranks, so it can't detect which ranks people are at, only EXP number. If I were to see which rank the missing users are, that'd take more time than necessary to make the list. Therefore, the vagrants don't count until they are found just to make things easier for me. :)

Ah, I see.

If you or anyone is interested, I'll make a 1 year special update to celebrate the day I made my first EXP update. However, this will only focus on those who appeared on my first ever EXP update.

Well, I went to your first update (which had no date, as we both might remember #;-}>), and I went ahead and added 3650 exp to my exp amount back on that update, and I discovered... that the amount of exp that resulted is 150 more than I currently have. So I presume this 1 year anniversary thing would be 15 days from now... which would happen to be on 6/30 as it is now 6/15... your first update was on my birthday last year? Weird that I don't remember. O_o

Man, if you do a normal update on 6/28 and I'm still #51, and then I'm #50 for your "1 year anniversary" special update on 6/30..... as I just fantasized about above... that would be so fucking spectacular. #;-}>

Anyway, of course I'm interested! ramagi used to do those types of thing with her exp lists all the time, I love the "retrospective" updates with the super-long-periods-of-time. Makes everyone feel all fuzzy to see how many people they passed in a whole year instead of just in the past month. Not to mention how many points they gained. #;-}>

That's funny, as soon as I wished that, one of the active depositers slipped and allowed me to pass him. :D Now if only a few others could do that. ;)

Awesome.

And they will. Sooner or later.

Yep, that's right. It's helped me to get a great amount of users to the spreadsheet as well as having level 26 users to wait for to reach level 27.

Cool.

Okay, but in the future once 8k+ is swelling out of control, I hope you'll consider trimming back down to 2000 and just keeping it locked there. It would make a good nostalgic reminder/tribute of/to BBB's top 2000.

I guess this wouldn't be a bad idea since they'll be on sale then and whichever games I want I'll probably get them then, unless they go on sale sooner (e.g. All id Software games). We might as well wait until the Christmas sale to get games we're after, unless they go on sale beforehand (obviously).

Exactly. So let's just see what's on sale before December, and then what games we both need by then. If you want, you can get me the Abe games for X-mas if they haven't gone on sale before then, and I'll get you something you still need by then. I'm sure there'll be something you still haven't gotten by then. #;-}>

The sooner I get there, the better. That's all.

Yes, but... patience is a trait well-rewarded.... so that's all I'm trying to get for ya. The more patient you are, the more pleasantly surprised you'll be by your NG stat gains. #;-}>

... have you any flaming balls of death and misery?

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-06-15 22:52:16

So by the next update i should be on the list :::well somewhere on it at least::: I seem to be reaching alot of big milestones as i return, not a bad thing but i could of had all of it alot sooner :::almost a monts time::: I will be able to post here to without feeling left out in the rain, not like i've ever payed any attention to this thread anyways @;-}>

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-06-15 22:55:38

At 5/4/09 07:34 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 5/4/09 02:14 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Coop'll back me up on this, but it starts to resemble watching the magic numbers on various baseball teams in the standings in late September every year. #;-}>
Yeah, although in this case, some obscure team can pop up and suddenly mess the numbers about a bit :P

For people way down in the exp rankings, perhaps, but no strange and previously-unknown team is going to pop up and ruin my top 50 exp list entry, I don't believe. #;-}>

Thank god for the 10 exp a day limiter!

My magic number is SOOOO LOOOOOOOW, it's incredible. :::holds breath::: (I think I'm close enough now that I can safely hold my breath and wait, yeah)

Oh no?

Oh no indeed, yes. #;-}>

Mwahahaha. I have that game on Steam. Fun stuff. I only got a few worlds into it, and was thinking about playing it lately, but been FPSing too much. I shall get back to it soon, though.

Ah, but you are currently at the pinnacle of statwhoreishness for the list making and while Bahamut and myself are catching you, we still remain largely in your shadow - I feel that I'm still more in the shadow though :(

More in my shadow than Bahamut is? Whysofor?

You've made a list or two that no one else had made before, and he hasn't (not that there's anything wrong with that, but just sayin', my style was mostly to make new lists, such as saves/blams and penta... VP list was my only non-original list). I'd say that makes you more of a standing-on-yer-own listmaker, really. I mean, it's not a contest, and it's not about how many lists you make, but... if there IS any difference, there's a difference between updating a list someone else passed down to you, and a list you made on your own. I've done both as I just said, and it's apples and oranges, I loved the VP list just as much as my own baby, the pentalist, but... clearly there is something a bit more OF you in a list you birthed instead of just caretaking, I mean.

::::hopes no adopted children read the above paragraph:::

Or did you just mean because you're making the save/blam lists I did plus one dealing with review response ratio (albeit not really the same list I made in that area, more of your own version of that list)? Yeah, well... aside from the pentalist, Bahamut's more drawing from multiple other listmakers' original works, so... if that's all you meant, then yeah.

If this were Overlord, I'd make sure you'd get one of those pumpkin helmets before the other minions beat you to it. LOVE THE PUMPKIN HELMET.

At 5/23/09 05:38 PM, Coop83 wrote: Right, so in that case, thanks go out to Kusanagi-Kyo ; Mr-Snrub; EVIL-C; cap123; shak3s; ardeahem; PrivatPartz and Lt-Brookman. These guys slacked off just enough to let me squeak through.

YE BE LEAVING A WAKE OF DESTRUCTION BEHIND YE. I take it those are the dudes gfox has passed lately, too.

shak3s. nooooo. ;_;

And Mr-Snrub... goddamnit, that used to be a Wi/Ht? regularly, and I still remember him mentally by his ORIGINAL name, so I can't remember who that IS, if that makes any sense. ;_;

And EVIL-C and cap123... classic users.

This month I'm not so confident of rank gain en-masse. However, I'm getting what could be four ranks from completely inactive users, so that charity is greatfully accepted in this respect always.

And you're only 40 exp behind gfox now, so he's bound to stumble and fall eventually. NOT SURE HOW I FEEL ABOUT THAT. #;-}>

At 5/24/09 01:40 AM, Overtired wrote:
41 DrMSM 25,083 48 280

Well, you musta deposited before DrMSM that day. Been at 25078 while he was still at 25073 when NG pulled the exp rankings... and then he deposited later on in the day to get captured that way for Bahamut's listing.

At least with the 5 exp discrep, you'll never have to worry about being constantly tied with him. #;-}>

At 5/25/09 01:47 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote: bah, it's going to take a long time to get into the top 1000.

Just be glad you're not trying to get into the top 100, that takes insanely long. It's taking longer for my alt to get into the top 100 than it's taking for my main (this one) to get into the top 50. It's insane. NO ONE AROUND 90-110 WANTS TO SLIP A SPOT, they're all depositing constantly!

At 6/15/09 10:52 PM, idiot-buster wrote: So by the next update i should be on the list :::well somewhere on it at least::: I seem to be reaching alot of big milestones as i return, not a bad thing but i could of had all of it alot sooner :::almost a monts time::: I will be able to post here to without feeling left out in the rain, not like i've ever payed any attention to this thread anyways @;-}>

Congrats in advance to ya, then.

NEVER PAID ATTENTION TO THIS THREAD TILL NOW?! Bahhhh. You fool. #;-}> You don't need to wait till you're on a list to pay attention to it, yanno.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-06-16 03:33:02

At 6/15/09 10:55 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 5/4/09 07:34 AM, Coop83 wrote:
For people way down in the exp rankings, perhaps, but no strange and previously-unknown team is going to pop up and ruin my top 50 exp list entry, I don't believe. #;-}>

True enough, but we don't suddenly start from scratch every year, do we? Otherwise you and me would be two of the users who maintain perfect depositing records for year on year.

At 5/4/09 02:31 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Though I suppose the fact that I managed to invent a few lists myself that became popular enough for people to be upset by my stopping of it... and further popularise another list of someone else's as well that also got people upset by me stopping... ensured that 3 people have now gone on to continue without me having to work on lists myself anymore KINDA makes you (blam, save), Bahamut (10k), and Wylo (VP) my pawns (or minions... I like minions as a term better...). But no one else, I would argue. #;-}>
Mwahahaha. I have that game on Steam. Fun stuff. I only got a few worlds into it, and was thinking about playing it lately, but been FPSing too much. I shall get back to it soon, though.

Wait another 10 days and Overlord 2 is out. The developers obviously frequented Newgrounds in their formative years, as they appear to have brought Club a Seal back in a neatly rendered game.

Bahamut is making the premium lists - The Experience and Pentalist are something that I don't think I'd be able to update. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy at being able to update the Blams and Saves, it's just that I think they aren't as all-singing-and-dancing as the Exp and Pentalist.

If this were Overlord, I'd make sure you'd get one of those pumpkin helmets before the other minions beat you to it. LOVE THE PUMPKIN HELMET.

I always preferred the dead rat helm that they got.

At 5/23/09 05:38 PM, Coop83 wrote: Right, so in that case, thanks go out to Kusanagi-Kyo ; Mr-Snrub; EVIL-C; cap123; shak3s; ardeahem; PrivatPartz and Lt-Brookman. These guys slacked off just enough to let me squeak through.
YE BE LEAVING A WAKE OF DESTRUCTION BEHIND YE. I take it those are the dudes gfox has passed lately, too.

Yep. I'm still chasing gfox. I must resist the temptation to miss deposits with deckheadtottie, now that he's given me control Mwahahaha!

And Mr-Snrub... goddamnit, that used to be a Wi/Ht? regularly, and I still remember him mentally by his ORIGINAL name, so I can't remember who that IS, if that makes any sense. ;_;

Don't know them, though I did just pass Evil-C for reviews as well.

And you're only 40 exp behind gfox now, so he's bound to stumble and fall eventually. NOT SURE HOW I FEEL ABOUT THAT. #;-}>

Yeah, but that would be earth-shatteringly monumental. Not quite as monumental as me passing either gfoxcook or gfoxclock, but certainly an equal to me passing iscrulz :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-06-21 10:53:16

At 5/23/09 05:38 PM, Coop83 wrote: Right, so in that case, thanks go out to EVIL-C...

And to think this guy used to be #25 or so in EXP.

At 5/25/09 01:47 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote: bah, it's going to take a long time to get into the top 1000.

Look at the bright side, it won't take as long as those who are below you. ;)

At 6/15/09 10:44 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 5/23/09 02:24 PM, Bahamut wrote: Going down nicely with the amount of missing users on the spreadsheet. Right now, there's around 14 more to find, which is still quite a lot missing but hey, at least I've found many users over the last two months. :)
Most of those 14, I assume, are way down in the 8k-10k range, at least?

Yeah, they're usually in that range, although I might have counted level 27+ users and not 8k+. I've actually forgotten what I based that on now. XD

Man, if you do a normal update on 6/28 and I'm still #51, and then I'm #50 for your "1 year anniversary" special update on 6/30..... as I just fantasized about above... that would be so fucking spectacular. #;-}>

Oh yeah, that'll be great. :)

At 5/16/09 01:07 PM, Bahamut wrote: That's funny, as soon as I wished that, one of the active depositers slipped and allowed me to pass him. :D Now if only a few others could do that. ;)
Awesome.

And they will. Sooner or later.

Yep, all I need is patience, but that becomes quite a challenge when you see users right in front of you who haven't missed a single deposit in MONTHS!

Okay, but in the future once 8k+ is swelling out of control, I hope you'll consider trimming back down to 2000 and just keeping it locked there. It would make a good nostalgic reminder/tribute of/to BBB's top 2000.

Sure, I'll do that if there are far too many coming in, which will eventually happen but not anytime soon.

Exactly. So let's just see what's on sale before December, and then what games we both need by then. If you want, you can get me the Abe games for X-mas if they haven't gone on sale before then, and I'll get you something you still need by then. I'm sure there'll be something you still haven't gotten by then. #;-}>

Yeah, we'll have to see what I'm after by then. My most wanted games right now are Counter Strike + related games and id Software Super Pack. There'll be a few other games lying around on Steam that I'll be after. After all, I am trying to give support to Indie games.

Bah Bah Blue Dragon have you any balls of death? Nah, that doesn't sound right.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-06-21 13:04:43

Hey, whaddayaknow... a topic in which all I need to catch up on is a post from Coop and a post from Bahamut, and no list updates themselves. FEELS GOOD... FEELS LIKE OLD TIMES. #;-}>

At 6/16/09 03:33 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 6/15/09 10:55 PM, gfoxcook wrote: For people way down in the exp rankings, perhaps, but no strange and previously-unknown team is going to pop up and ruin my top 50 exp list entry, I don't believe. #;-}>
True enough, but we don't suddenly start from scratch every year, do we? Otherwise you and me would be two of the users who maintain perfect depositing records for year on year.

Egad. There's a horrible thought. Well, we'd be in the runnings for "exp pennants" each good year we have, at least.

Also, BTW, just near perfect for me. As you might recall, I've had a few misses (no more than 1 or 2 per year, but still enough...) ruin the exp perfection of at least 2 or 3 of the past 5 years. ;_; Guess I'd just have to settle for a division championship for those years. #;-}>

Wait another 10 days and Overlord 2 is out. The developers obviously frequented Newgrounds in their formative years, as they appear to have brought Club a Seal back in a neatly rendered game.

I noticed that, but it's 40 bucks. Also, it blows that the expansion of the first game will apparently never be coming to Steam unless the developer WAKES THE FUCK UP.

Yeah, I saw the club a seal pic. Fun stuff. They should pay royalties to Tom Fulp. #;-}>

Bahamut is making the premium lists - The Experience and Pentalist are something that I don't think I'd be able to update. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy at being able to update the Blams and Saves, it's just that I think they aren't as all-singing-and-dancing as the Exp and Pentalist.

Premium? Come now... I've often said that the Saves list was my very first major list, and as such it'll always have a special place in my heart. It kinda sucks that you don't seem to think it's up to par with some of the other lists around. #;-}>

Maybe it's the devaluation of the save in today's NG economy, but... you've got to think of lists from a historical perspective here. Once upon a time, a save was a great unit of currency, and who knows... perhaps we'll return to those days. Yes, out of control saveflation seems to be ruling the day, but... once upon a time we thought we'd never see the degree of blam deflation we've seen, so... anything is possible. #;-}>

I always preferred the dead rat helm that they got.

That's a good one, too. </lazy sunday>

Yep. I'm still chasing gfox. I must resist the temptation to miss deposits with deckheadtottie, now that he's given me control Mwahahaha!

Temporary control, I assume? Otherwise, there'd be no reason not to miss enough to pass him, after all.

Don't know them, though I did just pass Evil-C for reviews as well.

Well, I never posted with those last two, just epic/classic for their top 50 listness back in the day... but yeah, Mr Snrub was quite the poster once upon a time.

Yeah, but that would be earth-shatteringly monumental. Not quite as monumental as me passing either gfoxcook or gfoxclock, but certainly an equal to me passing iscrulz :P

As you know, it's the closest you're going to get (in exp) for awhile (if not ever), so... you'll take it. #;-}>

At 6/21/09 10:53 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 5/23/09 05:38 PM, Coop83 wrote: Right, so in that case, thanks go out to EVIL-C...
And to think this guy used to be #25 or so in EXP.

Exactly. That's what I meant by classic/epic/top50list users earlier.

At 6/15/09 10:44 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Most of those 14, I assume, are way down in the 8k-10k range, at least?
Yeah, they're usually in that range, although I might have counted level 27+ users and not 8k+. I've actually forgotten what I based that on now. XD

Whooops.

Oh yeah, that'll be great. :)

I HOPE IT HAPPENS, OMG OMG OGM.

Yep, all I need is patience, but that becomes quite a challenge when you see users right in front of you who haven't missed a single deposit in MONTHS!

For every one of them, there's at least 2 people who are missing a few or a lot or ALL of their deposits (at least where you are), so take heart.

Now, once you get to the brink of the top 50 like myself and see 40 users who deposit as nearly perfectly as you do and only 10 who are flawed, THEN it's time to despair. #;-}>

Sure, I'll do that if there are far too many coming in, which will eventually happen but not anytime soon.

Huzzah.

Yeah, we'll have to see what I'm after by then. My most wanted games right now are Counter Strike + related games and id Software Super Pack. There'll be a few other games lying around on Steam that I'll be after. After all, I am trying to give support to Indie games.

Well, you got World of Goo for Wii, correct? There's an indie game you could buy a 2nd time to have it on Steam as well. #;-}>

I'd like to try Braid at some point, speaking of indie games on Steam, and there's a game called Blueberry Garden or something that just came out this month, maybe a week ago or so (don't know if you noticed the steam news popup for it when you logged in that day like I noticed it), and it looks like a game my baby would love a lot, so I'm hoping she gets it for herself. If not, I'll get it for her for her birthday or Christmas.

Bah Bah Blue Dragon have you any balls of death? Nah, that doesn't sound right.

Yeah, the meter is a bit off, but we can find a way to make it work, I'm sure.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-06-28 11:41:43

DOUBLE UPDATE!

First update: EXP Update #14

Second update: EXP Update 1 Year Special

The first one is the regular EXP update you're all familiar with, so no real changes here. As for the second update, this is a 1 year special update as this time last year I made my first EXP update. There are a few conditions for the 1 year special update:

1. Only those who were on the first update will appear on the list. Those who were added to the spreadsheet afterwards cannot have their EXP determined due to how hard it would be to track down everyone's EXP count from last year.

2. Your rank on this list may not reflect your actual rank. If you want to see a more accurate rank, please check the 14th EXP update rather than this one.

3. Those who have gained 3,640 EXP are hard to determine whether they actually missed a deposit or not.

Apologies for the few inconveniences which may apply to you. Besides those issues, enjoy the updates everyone!

Next update: 19th July 2009

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2009-06-28 11:57:40

At 6/28/09 11:41 AM, Bahamut wrote: DOUBLE UPDATE!

DOUBLE YAY!

First update: EXP Update #14

439 | Haggard | 14,540 | 37 | 360 | +9

Ah, finally out of the 44x spots. It took me quite long to get out there. Every other day I got a "you lost x experience ranks today!" message on NG Logs.

Again, there are a few inactive users in front of me, my next target is 30 exp away...

Second update: EXP Update 1 Year Special

439 | Haggard | 14,540 | 37 | 3,650 | 5 |+193

Nearly jumped 200 places, if only it would continue climbing up the list with this pace, lol.
I would like to thank Auz again for depositing for me while I was away, that way I could keep a perfect deposit record.

Also, wow, Pimp missed approx. 8 deposits. Awesome.