00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

emoloser21 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,042,660 Views | 61,074 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 22:11:27

At 4/14/07 10:01 PM, Andrea364 wrote: Can you believe how idiotic some of the stuff in the portal today, it's a bit ironic if you ask me.
So, while we wait for me to reach EGP, anyone want to introduce me or something?

Phantom's shooting puppies behind the old abandoned school, I know that.

Or was it children? I forget...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 23:26:39

At 4/14/07 07:31 PM, TheThing wrote:
Easy rules, followed all of them in the PD sir. Not that hard to follow anyway.

Yeah, those are the basics, although you would be amazed how often they have been broken. One day the FAQ will be back up and we won't have to keep posting these rules for new recruits. Speaking of which, any bets on what will come first- the fabled site redesign or the return of our FAQ?

Thank you sir! Wait, what happens during Carebear mating season?

Believe me, you don't want to know *shudders*

So I'm so late on this, I didn't realize this place would move so fast in less than 24 hours

A week ago it wouldn't have done, but the return of our resident madman seems to have got the place buzzing again :)

At 4/14/07 09:44 PM, K-Fox wrote:
...Yeah, kind of boring today...the portal seemed alright...cool

Yeah, the portal has been nothing special today, but reasonably steady all the same.

At 4/14/07 10:01 PM, Andrea364 wrote: I've got about two to three days until I hit EliteGuardPrivate, I can hardly handle the wait. I have around forty to go until then.

Can you believe how idiotic some of the stuff in the portal today, it's a bit ironic if you ask me.
So, while we wait for me to reach EGP, anyone want to introduce me or something?

I've been reading your posts in the NGPD so I know you will be on your way over here soon enough. You may well hit EGP the same day I hit EGSC, so you could get here in time for a party (there is going to be a party, right guys?) :D.

You'll get the official welcome when you hit the required rank and request to join, but as with most people coming up from the PD you are certain to be welcomed in. You know all the rules already as they are much the same in the PD, and you've posted enough in here to know how it works. My suggestion would be to reserve a bunk in anticipation of joining us, and remove all the carebears and other assorted fluffy (but dangerous!) animals from the vicinity.

Yeah, we're a little crazy around here- in my defense I was hit on the head with a door yesterday, so all insanity is to be blamed on that :D.

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 05:04:13

At 4/14/07 10:02 PM, Snerd wrote: Christ, I hope you guys are Zappa fans...

What in fuck's name are you talking about?

At 4/14/07 10:11 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Phantom's shooting puppies behind the old abandoned school, I know that.
Or was it children? I forget...

Hey, I only shoot people over the age of consent, the videos found on my computer are of purely legal murders. Gee, close one.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 06:39:24

At 4/14/07 11:26 PM, Sentio wrote:
Speaking of which, any bets on what will come first- the fabled site redesign or the return of our FAQ?

I would bet on them both coming at the same time.

You may well hit EGP the same day I hit EGSC, so you could get here in time for a party (there is going to be a party, right guys?) :D.

I'm not going to say no to a party.

Yeah, we're a little crazy around here- in my defense I was hit on the head with a door yesterday, so all insanity is to be blamed on that :D.

Now how dod you manage to get hit on the head with a door???

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 11:26:32

:yawn again: Good mornin', y'all.

Slash's plans for today:

1) Complete SlashClassic13: ramagi (it will arouse her!)

2) Work on Slash Returns: How Am I Supposed To Live Without You (it will arouse everyone!)

3) Defend the portal, as always. (it arouses me!)

I've decided to add a new part to my daily routine: watching all the day's award-winner flashes (and, on Wednesdays, the weeklies). Normally I'd only watch them if the title looked interesting (or if I caught them UJ), but eh, it'd give me something to do, always watching the day's top 5 and whatnot. I'm surprised I haven't done this already...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 12:02:22

At 4/15/07 11:26 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
yawn again: Good mornin', y'all.
Slash's plans for today:

she will be so pleased.

2) Work on Slash Returns: How Am I Supposed To Live Without You (it will arouse everyone!)

we Will be so pleased.

you will probably also be quite pleased.

I've decided to add a new part to my daily routine: watching all the day's award-winner flashes (and, on Wednesdays, the weeklies). Normally I'd only watch them if the title looked interesting (or if I caught them UJ), but eh, it'd give me something to do, always watching the day's top 5 and whatnot. I'm surprised I haven't done this already...

thats something ive never tried to do and probably never will try. If i catch them while Uj then i watch, if i miss them, then i dont bother going back to look.

anyway, do we ever have any contests or anything like that in the barracks or is it just constant discussion in here??

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 12:28:55

At 4/15/07 11:26 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
yawn again: Good mornin', y'all.

Good morning, *yawn (third)*

Slash's plans for today:

Lol, Ü It might even arouse me, hehe...

Yay, It'll be my fifth reason to mindlessly fap all day!

You're almost exactly like me, exept the fact that I'm not working on a different movie than you are, and for different purposes, like to promote another movie I'm working on.

I just vote on all the underjudgement flashes, I always thought the flashes that already passed were a little bit of a waste of time to me... like they were holding me back...
So I never really paid any attention to them at all...

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 12:36:52

At 4/14/07 03:38 PM, K-Fox wrote:
Hahaha! Good one! Now who is going to clean all this up?

Now, will you do us such a favor and clean all this mess up? The mess has been here since yesterday, so I think it's time someone got to it. If you clean it all up after I have inspected it and seen if you did a good job, I'll a give you a cookie. Sounds fair?

It is windy here! Wind speed is 22 MPH! Is it windy anywhere else?

Over here where I live it's a bit windy as well and a little rain is falling. But meh, nothing too interesting nor nothing to worry about.

At 4/14/07 03:50 PM, Sentio wrote:
I found the enthusiasm to do that for maybe one day, before going back to simply voting.

Yeah, same here.

Meh? I think I would have been rofling a good deal more after seeing a penguin fly into a wall! At least that is one less carebear to worry about though...

Huh? Well, I did fly into a wall! Didn't you see my feet waving in the air while being stuck inside the crack of the wall my head made? And it wasn't nice of you leaving me there- I had to struggle to get out. If you know us penguins, we have to wobble out of stuff and wobbling out of a wall was quite difficult. And yes, one less carebear to worry about. If I see another one, I'll just feed it to Bob. :)

Yeah, I'm fine- that kind of thing has never happened before though, so it came as a shock to wake up on the floor. Once again I got lucky and didn't badly hurt myself, but I'd rather not be in situations where I could hurt myself ideally. That is now 4 or 5 over the last 6 months (elcetrocution by light switch, hit by car, that whole stabbing thing, and now this), and I am damn lucky to come out of all that with nothing more than bruises etc. :S

Electrocution by a light switch? Hit by a car? I wonder how those two things could have happened to you. But it's nice you're feeling better. Now, just watch out for refrigerators and people with knives and I guess you'll be alright. :)

At 4/14/07 04:09 PM, MadCow wrote:
I was bored, so I made a quick doodle/drawing for you based on that pic.

Hey, you did a pretty good job. Not only do you have Sig makings skills, but you have drawing skills as well. :)

At 4/14/07 07:23 PM, Sentio wrote:
It was snowing here yesterday, yet as of right now it is 17 degrees C and I have just gained a pretty solid tan from an afternoon in the Sun (then again I could probably get a tan from a lightbulb with my dark skin). Sun = happy Sentio (all be it one with a sore head and foot), so yeay!

Oh, so you were outside, huh? Well, I hope there weren't any people with knives of any sort. :D

Damn honors classes

Indeed. Honers classes do suck. But if I would got to a regular class, which would be much easier, I think I would fall asleep. So there really wouldn't be any difference in "happiness" if I left an honor class, or if I switched back to a regular class. To sum it all up: School sucks. 'nuff said.

Good to hear. But be aware there are more rules. These are just a summary provided from Sentio. But I don't think you'll violate any of them, so it's all good. :D

Thank you sir! Wait, what happens during Carebear mating season?

As Sentiio stated, you don't want to know. But I'll tell you anyway. Every once in a while, we find Carebears mating in new recruit's bunks. It's quite a disturbing sight, so we either kill them ourselves, give them to Phantom so that he can fry them, or we just take them outside. (Which we have never done, because we tend to be the "killing' type, not the 'sparing" type.)

At 4/14/07 09:44 PM, K-Fox wrote:
Okay, so...nothing big happened today, other than PenguinLink getting stuck in a wall and me slipping and falling down...

You probably slipped by that splattered blood there, so get to it and clean all up. We don't want anyone slipping in here. Although if Sentio slips, I would laugh my head away in vengeance. >:)

Speaking of which, any bets on what will come first- the fabled site redesign or the return of our FAQ?

Neither. Newgrounds will be purchased by Wal-mart and chaos will occur. No more details are availiable, sorry. :(

(there is going to be a party, right guys?) :D.

There is no doubt. I am currently calling the strippers to check if they will available the day you become an Elite Guard Supreme Commander. We'll order McDonalds' happy meals the very day you become one, lmao. :D

Oh, yes- we've become crazy. But the ironic thing is that we have been receiving more recruits, other than scaring them away. :) I hope they just don't stand in the doorway of the Barracks, take a few steps inside, stay standing there, without blinking, and take slow steps back where they came from. :(

At 4/15/07 12:02 PM, Solidone wrote:
anyway, do we ever have any contests or anything like that in the barracks or is it just constant discussion in here??

No, I'm afraid to say we don't have any competitions in here. But if you are the competitive type, the Newgrounds' Department of Defense holds a competition every other month and a half. So if you're interested, feel free to join. :)

At 4/15/07 12:28 PM, Andrea364 wrote:
Good morning, *yawn (third)*

Stop yawing guys or you'll make me yawn as well. >:(

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 12:38:01

At 4/15/07 12:36 PM, PenguinLink wrote: No, I'm afraid to say we don't have any competitions in here. But if you are the competitive type, the Newgrounds' Department of Defense holds a competition every other month and a half. So if you're interested, feel free to join. :)

Thanks for the info.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 13:10:02

At 4/15/07 12:36 PM, PenguinLink wrote:
Stop yawing guys or you'll make me yawn as well. >:(

*Salutes*

Then can we burp instead? I think I ate way too fast, it must've been that fried carebear dinner, damn that stuff is good. I'm still picking my teeth after eating it. I came across it last night in the NGPD, I decided to ry it, freeze it, microwave it and finally eat it today. I have some left from about half an hour ago.

Anyone for teletubby soup? It's fresh!

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 13:22:43

At 4/15/07 01:10 PM, Andrea364 wrote: Anyone for teletubby soup? It's fresh!

TINKY WINKY
DIPSY
LA LA
PO

Heh, I decided to make my ramagi flash something other than a secret episode. It'll even feature the fine musical stylings of Firehouse's "Love of a Lifetime"! ^_^

Of course, this means more work and more time...but I'm still aiming for a today-release.

Anyhow, my favorite flash today so far has been that Air Hockey game. I know it's simple and all, but it's functional and fun and I need to stop playing it if I'm going to have any hope of finishing this damned flash today...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 13:49:38

At 4/15/07 01:22 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
TINKY WINKY
DIPSY
LA LA
PO

Here you go, just mke sure you put some salt on it to destroy the remaining teletuby brain cells if any. Would you like a side of carebear legs and house rat with that? If there are any other stupid little pests to eat then just ask, I have plenty more left from the hunt. Don't worry it's free too! The next shipment will be in in 30 minutes.

I prefer Teletubbies with weasel and shrimp.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 14:16:33

At 4/15/07 05:04 AM, Phantom wrote:
At 4/14/07 10:02 PM, Snerd wrote: Christ, I hope you guys are Zappa fans...
What in fuck's name are you talking about?

I don't want to reveal too much about it, but my upcoming series centers around some of Frank Zappa's music. The reason I don't want to reveal much about it is because it's still in preproduction and sometimes projects tend to go unfinished.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 14:20:25

At 4/15/07 02:16 PM, Snerd wrote:
I don't want to reveal too much about it, but my upcoming series centers around some of Frank Zappa's music. The reason I don't want to reveal much about it is because it's still in preproduction and sometimes projects tend to go unfinished.

The number one thing you don't want to do is get people anticipating something and then not even finishing it, it's a great big huge let down.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 14:29:11

At 4/15/07 02:20 PM, Andrea364 wrote: The number one thing you don't want to do is get people anticipating something and then not even finishing it, it's a great big huge let down.

Long ago, in the First Era of Slash, I planned a flash called "Slash's Hentai Intervention", where the EGB confronts me on my hentai addiction. It was gonna rock (in a poor-graphics, Speakonia kind of way), but I just sort of...forgot.

Heh, maybe someday I'll get back to it. But for now, I got a full plate. Lots of things in the works, both well-advertised and secret...keke.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 14:32:28

At 4/15/07 06:39 AM, Solidone wrote:
Now how dod you manage to get hit on the head with a door???

Head hitting door thread :D

OK, far too lazy to quote anyone else, especially that long post from PenguinLink (how the hell did you wriggle out of that wall so fast?). I'll pass on the teletubby soup as well- I'm all for killing/torturing them, but eating them just isn't for me. Unless you're having a barbecue that is- my flamethrower is getting rusty...

Sunny again, so I'm off to bathe in all it's cancer giving goodness.

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 14:46:20

At 4/15/07 02:20 PM, Andrea364 wrote:
At 4/15/07 02:16 PM, Snerd wrote:
The number one thing you don't want to do is get people anticipating something and then not even finishing it, it's a great big huge let down.

It's gonna have purdy ribbons and a fantasticalicious horn and a little basket in front...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 14:49:12

At 4/15/07 12:36 PM, PenguinLink wrote:
You probably slipped by that splattered blood there, so get to it and clean all up. We don't want anyone slipping in here. Although if Sentio slips, I would laugh my head away in vengeance. >:)

Yes, yes...right away......I prefer fighting!!!

Oh well...time to clean all this up...

I can use magic...heh
PenguinLink also wrote:
Huh? Well, I did fly into a wall! Didn't you see my feet waving in the air while being stuck inside the crack of the wall my head made? And it wasn't nice of you leaving me there- I had to struggle to get out. If you know us penguins, we have to wobble out of stuff and wobbling out of a wall was quite difficult.

Too bad for you, I'm a fox! And I'm the fastest one here! If ya need my help, just call me!

...Right, now to get to work...

*Starts cleaning*

Also, the portal seems OK...only 6 UJ submissions...slow today, huh?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 15:22:06

At 4/15/07 02:16 PM, Snerd wrote: I don't want to reveal too much about it, but my upcoming series centers around some of Frank Zappa's music. The reason I don't want to reveal much about it is because it's still in preproduction and sometimes projects tend to go unfinished.

Right... That explains everything. Personally I'd suggest you take your pills and get back to drawing pretty pictures. But if you like making flash...

Anyway, does any one have anything interesting to talk about?

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 15:25:21

Sorry i haven't posted in a while.
I'm just busy with other stuff and yes i know I'm posting in other clubs but no i did not abandoned this club.

I am actually working on my script for an upcoming flash that i am making alone.

For now it is called Super Mario Bros. 07 and yes it involves sprites.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 16:25:02

At 4/15/07 02:46 PM, Snerd wrote:
It's gonna have purdy ribbons and a fantasticalicious horn and a little basket in front...

Now you're just scaring the hell out of me... Penguin link, can I borrow a sledge hammer to smash a nice hole in the wall for my new bunk room since I only have about 25-30 b/p ₧ to go?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 16:58:54

At 4/15/07 03:22 PM, Phantom wrote: Right... That explains everything. Personally I'd suggest you take your pills and get back to drawing pretty pictures. But if you like making flash...

What do you find fault with in that statement? Maybe you meant to quote my reply describing a bicycle to be light-hearted about the post that basically told me not to promote something that isn't completed yet.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 17:07:21

At 4/15/07 04:58 PM, Snerd wrote:
What do you find fault with in that statement? Maybe you meant to quote my reply describing a bicycle to be light-hearted about the post that basically told me not to promote something that isn't completed yet.

Okay, I just hate most happy sounding things, they just weird me out, espescially after Easter weekend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 17:35:43

At 4/15/07 05:07 PM, Andrea364 wrote:
At 4/15/07 04:58 PM, Snerd wrote:
Okay, I just hate most happy sounding things, they just weird me out, espescially after Easter weekend.

I hate those Mary Sunshine types, too. It's out of character for me, so that's why I posted what I did. I was being funny. It was very David Cross. I've been listening to a lot of his material lately.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 18:05:28

At 4/15/07 05:35 PM, Snerd wrote:
I hate those Mary Sunshine types, too. It's out of character for me, so that's why I posted what I did. I was being funny. It was very David Cross. I've been listening to a lot of his material lately.

Phew, you just saved my life there... But I still want that slede hammer to make my room for when I move in my bunk.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 18:16:07

Random, but you know what ticks me off?

All the political infighting done by the major flash groups over Turd of the Week and Underdog. Not just because it's wrong, but because I kinda liked seeing what would legitimately earn TOTW...to see what just barely managed to scrape by.

Bah.

:goes back to ramagi-flash:

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 18:23:12

At 4/15/07 06:16 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Random, but you know what ticks me off?

All the political infighting done by the major flash groups over Turd of the Week and Underdog. Not just because it's wrong, but because I kinda liked seeing what would legitimately earn TOTW...to see what just barely managed to scrape by.

yeah, it would be nice to see for once, what actually deserves the award, even though it is the worst award.

Bah.

goes back to ramagi-flash:

will this ramagi flash be ready tomorrow then?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 18:28:36

At 4/15/07 06:23 PM, Solidone wrote: will this ramagi flash be ready tomorrow then?

I'm HOPING it'll be done today...I'm trying to B/P, watch the forums, PM a bundle, and work on it all at the same time...but worst case scenario, yeah, tomorrow.

I hope it's today, because SlashClassic12 has just been submitted, and I'm in charge of 13 (ramagi). So the longer I take, the longer Slash Classics will be delayed.

Which, depending on your sense of humor, might not be a bad thing. XD

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 18:28:37

At 4/15/07 06:16 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Random, but you know what ticks me off?

Why do they act like such babies over UnderDag and Turd of the week, it's such an undesirable spot, why? Stupid politically crazy flash groups and their damn fighting...
I personally haven't paid any attention to TOTW or UDOTW lately, but I have noticed the political infighting...

sledgehammer please?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-15 18:31:27

Forgot to post this like, yesterday.
I had a pretty good day.

Blams: 11412 (+42 since last log)
Saves: 12916 (+49 since last log)
Total B/P points: 24328
Total B/P points acquired today: 91
B/P Badge: Elite Guard Lieutenant General (1172 until next grade)
Avg. B/P Points per day: 23.088
B/P Rank: #130 (0 move since last log)

Not much to talk about, although it's cool that the thread is becoming more active (thanks to Slash, apparently).

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature