00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bowtotheman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,043,202 Views | 61,077 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-23 02:09:39

Okay I know I was incactive for a while (school and travel) and I have not been on the roster for quite some time, how do I get back on it?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-23 03:23:11

That was a pretty decent Madness Day - I got almost as many point as I did last Clock Day.

Still, has anyone got some flash movies, games, art and lit that they found that is worthy of sharing?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-23 09:18:24

At 9/23/10 02:09 AM, BenwaHakubi wrote: Okay I know I was incactive for a while (school and travel) and I have not been on the roster for quite some time, how do I get back on it?

Since you seem to still be in good standing here in the EGB, I think a simple PM to EagleRock requesting that you be reactivated is all that it will take. Glad to see you're alive and well and active in the Portal again - welcome back!

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-23 10:43:28

Madness day was great! There was a game by Tom and MindChamber, a short movie by Krinkels, and as usual, lots of fan-made flashes! There was also some kick-ass art, like the one you see at sides of the page, and I also loved The Little Box of Madness. I have yet to listen to Madness music and read any literature, but I'm planning to do that today and tomorrow.

Despite my relative inactivity yesterday, it looks like I got a decent amount of B/P, because as of today I'm the third top gainer during this month so far, I'm 79 points ahead of Sir-Nuts, who is 5th. That's great because I won't be too active during the following days (I've got other, more important activities which I'll tell you about later if everything goes well!)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-23 15:50:37

Let's see what gems we have this year for Madness!

***Note, if some submissions are from years past, it's because they are in a series!***

That's all I got. And Ismael, you might not want to link them in the text. That's the wimpy way to do it. :P This is the awesome way to link Flash. :P

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-23 16:01:56

At 9/23/10 03:50 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: That's all I got. And Ismael, you might not want to link them in the text. That's the wimpy way to do it. :P This is the awesome way to link Flash. :P

I know about the rich content linking, but when I'm talking about several things like I just did using that feature looks bad because I have to end a paragraph each time I want to link to something. So, instead of using the rich content linking, I just use the good ol' text links so I can mention different submissions in the same sentence. Besides, rich content linking is not available for art (which I also talked about), so if I had used it the art submissions would have looked much less important.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-23 16:37:18

****STOLEN FLASH ALERT****

Stolen:

Original:

http://www.gamesofdesire.com/action/bibi -sex/ (NSFW) This was uploaded 7/14/09.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-23 19:38:54

At 9/23/10 04:37 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: ****STOLEN FLASH ALERT****

Stolen:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 9026
Original:

http://www.gamesofdesire.com/action/bibi -sex/ (NSFW) This was uploaded 7/14/09.

It seems that this has gotten through, which is a massive shame. I was in a rush at the time, and was trying to get through to playing and voting all six or seven in the UJ section, but for the two minutes or so spent ingame I definitely had a feeling it was stolen - I just had no time to investigate further.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-23 20:08:28

Thanks for the concern everyone! I do intend to return on day, but i don't see my being active on the forums on any level for a few years. Only time will tell.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-23 21:29:44

At 9/23/10 04:37 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: ****STOLEN FLASH ALERT****

Stolen:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 9026
Original:

I looked at it and I agree it looks sketchy. Especially the fact that none of it is in english. In my experiance a lot of flash that is stolen is in another language.

I assmume all the n00bs saw boobies and voted 5.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-23 21:48:28

lol, I didn't realize yesterday was Madness Day, I just entered NG at 7PM, but I had time to get 15 saves... :3

So, I think that there were a LOT of good flashes in the Portal, and a lot of good art too, special dates alway have good art... :D

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 00:30:53

At 9/23/10 09:48 PM, RogerBK wrote: lol, I didn't realize yesterday was Madness Day, I just entered NG at 7PM, but I had time to get 15 saves... :3

So, I think that there were a LOT of good flashes in the Portal, and a lot of good art too, special dates alway have good art... :D

It still irks me to see so many people submit crap that people vote to save just because it's a certain ng holiday.I certainly don't vote any differently.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 00:51:29

At 9/24/10 12:30 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: It still irks me to see so many people submit crap that people vote to save just because it's a certain ng holiday.I certainly don't vote any differently.

I laid down a few 0's on some shitty crew flashes. I'd rather have my honor than stats!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 01:15:21

At 9/24/10 12:51 AM, BenwaHakubi wrote:
I laid down a few 0's on some shitty crew flashes. I'd rather have my honor than stats!

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it that way. Personally I didn't get to vote much since I was preoccupied by the newly installed flash on my droid x. Screw the iphone now I can play games and watch movies online on my phone ha ha.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 01:22:26

At 9/24/10 01:15 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it that way.

I am sure that most of the guys in the EGB would agree.

I say guys cuz I think I'm the only female lol

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 03:35:09

At 9/24/10 12:30 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: It still irks me to see so many people submit crap that people vote to save just because it's a certain ng holiday.I certainly don't vote any differently.

I ended up with more Blams than on Clock Day, so I was happy. In fact, I got almost as many points. Madness Day is becoming a bigger holiday than Clock Day, as Tom's offering cash prizes. Way to go :D

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 07:55:49

-Stolen Flash Alert-

This submission is simply an upscaled version of the flash included popular Flash tutorial over at strille.net, without the highscore board. The graphics aren't changed at all, either, meaning no time or effort was put into it all - all the submitter seems to have done is downloading the included .fla file and exporting it.

Original

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 08:30:01

At 9/24/10 07:55 AM, mwmike wrote: -Stolen Flash Alert-

I was about to post that but you beat me to it. Voted 0 and reported.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 09:51:53

At 9/24/10 01:22 AM, BenwaHakubi wrote:
At 9/24/10 01:15 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it that way.

As am I. I vote a lot, but I do vote fair, bordering on "occasionally generous"

I am sure that most of the guys in the EGB would agree.

Guess again, sister...check my profile. ;)

*Salutes*

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 13:15:51

Unsuitable Flash Alert:

Warning: May include Tubgirl. No, wait, not "may". Does include Tubgirl.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 16:57:20

There is a new crew on the loose. (New to me at least) called the LugerLeague. I don't know what their deal is but lets stay on out gaurd.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 17:03:55

Everyone agree with you Spiffy, we all vote fairly, I just voted 5 because every flash was good enough to enter the portal... :3

So, good news anyone??

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 17:10:00

At 9/24/10 04:57 PM, BenwaHakubi wrote: There is a new crew on the loose. (New to me at least) called the LugerLeague. I don't know what their deal is but lets stay on out gaurd.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 9112

This is, personally, the first time I've seen the crew on the portal, although I remember seeing a mention of them on the forums (possibly in Cobra's reviewing checkup list).

Also, seeing as that stolen snake game passed through the portal, instead of contacting Wade right away I'll explain the situation to the submitter, and hopefully he'll understand and comply, which should mean we won't have to get the higher forces in on him. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 17:28:09

At 9/24/10 05:03 PM, RogerBK wrote: Everyone agree with you Spiffy, we all vote fairly, I just voted 5 because every flash was good enough to enter the portal... :3

There is a time and a place for a 5. I saw many things I also gave a 5 to on madness day. I just saw alot of things that were worthy of other ratings as well as things that needed a good ole BLAM!

At 9/24/10 05:10 PM, mwmike wrote:
This is, personally, the first time I've seen the crew on the portal, although I remember seeing a mention of them on the forums (possibly in Cobra's reviewing checkup list).

I made note of it there as soon as I spotted it. Its best to alert everyone as soon as a potential problem is spotted during patrol.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 17:50:10

I PM'ed that guy about the flash, and I got an absolutely hilarious response. :D

--

Ok mike I did not steal that I swear you gode belive me im only 12 why whould I steal! And I didint steal it well if you dont belive me get your fatass over here and take a look at my internet history and my files you will not find any prof that I stole it!Now if my aconnt get bannd I will come to your house and kill you when your are sleeping!this is not a joke!I will kill you! you píce a shit!

Love Tom Leonardsson

--

I am quite literally shitting myself, an angry twelve year old flash thief is after me. Shall I be the one to contact Wade?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 17:59:48

At 9/24/10 05:50 PM, mwmike wrote: I am quite literally shitting myself, an angry twelve year old flash thief is after me. Shall I be the one to contact Wade?

I think so. Especially after that threat (I know its probably not serious, but it is seriously not cool)

Get you ban hammer ready wade!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 18:08:15

At 9/24/10 05:59 PM, BenwaHakubi wrote:
At 9/24/10 05:50 PM, mwmike wrote: I am quite literally shitting myself, an angry twelve year old flash thief is after me. Shall I be the one to contact Wade?
I think so. Especially after that threat (I know its probably not serious, but it is seriously not cool)

Get you ban hammer ready wade!

I've decided to piss around a bit, considering his threats were just that hilarious, but I'm still offering to just let him choose to remove the Flash, although I have a feeling that he won't accept the offer once again. If he doesn't then I'll send a message to Wade about it, both on NG and on Facebook, then let him do as he sees fit.

The Elite Guard Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 23:12:14

Tom is way faster than Wade, he removed every flash of a guy in 5 minutes after my PM...

Tom's fucking awesome. :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-24 23:28:11

Looks like the LugerLeague is a real crew. I think this situation is going to go from bad to worse as this might be the tip of the iceburg. Who knows what sort of havoc they will bring.

OPEN FIRE!!!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-09-25 00:51:39

At 9/24/10 09:51 AM, byteslinger wrote:
At 9/24/10 01:22 AM, BenwaHakubi wrote:
Guess again, sister...check my profile. ;)

*Salutes*

Ya don't forget our resident mama bear lol.

At 9/24/10 11:28 PM, BenwaHakubi wrote: Looks like the LugerLeague is a real crew. I think this situation is going to go from bad to worse as this might be the tip of the iceburg. Who knows what sort of havoc they will bring.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 9146
OPEN FIRE!!!

Remember we're not a blam club and we don't condone mass voting because it violates the site rules