00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ZombieGhost just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,042,251 Views | 61,070 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-28 16:13:07

At 10/24/09 02:53 PM, Dapper wrote: Dapper, reporting in, SIR! Requesting permission.

You need to at least be a private in your b/p rank, sonny.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-28 23:47:01

At 10/28/09 07:27 AM, Coop83 wrote: This gives me an idea. TO THE BATCAVE!

?!?!? I'm confused, lol.

At 10/28/09 12:57 AM, Turkeybean wrote:
This is not Rage's Gift to you : Abusive Reviews. Please do not treat it as such.

Mark the review as abusive and move on. If you feel that you need to alert people to it, PM a Review Mod, like myself.

Agreed. Thanks for the quick response, Coop! Mods specifically locked the Abusive Review thread because they stated that "sharing" reviews on the BBS as such tend to cause more harm than good.

While TurkeyBean had the best of intentions, moderators have expressly stated that no more posting of that kind would be allowed, and no attempts at recreating the thread would be tolerated. Thanks for the understanding!

Anyway, to change the topic a skosh, I've finally released Chapter 1! You can read it here: Back in the Barracks - Chapter 1

I noticed that when I posted the Prologue I ended up answering the same questions twice here in the main thread and on our private forums. I'd recommend making responses/questions/comments/whatever in the threads devoted to the stories, as that would eliminate the confusion and probably keep the main thread cleaner overall. I answer a lot of questions and tend to give additional info/insight about the story there. I notice Byte does the same for her story, so they're good threads to check! Enjoy!

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-29 10:47:15

That is really good first chapter EagleRock I love how my name was used. Sounds promising I like how you have used General for the plot General can be a mess at times, but it still has good threads. I'm looking forward to reading more I like the first person style good and you a great writer. I have got the latest TheWeebl flash song stuck in my head, Get On My Horse is one of the best he has done I think since Owls the song is so catchy and funny too damn I cannot get the tune out of my head. Has anyone else seen it? Sill on front page. I also saw this flash very good here.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-29 11:55:57

At 10/28/09 11:47 PM, EagleRock wrote:
At 10/28/09 07:27 AM, Coop83 wrote: This gives me an idea. TO THE BATCAVE!
?!?!? I'm confused, lol.

Then my plan was successful!

At 10/28/09 12:57 AM, Turkeybean wrote:
This is not Rage's Gift to you : Abusive Reviews. Please do not treat it as such.

Mark the review as abusive and move on. If you feel that you need to alert people to it, PM a Review Mod, like myself.
Agreed. Thanks for the quick response, Coop! Mods specifically locked the Abusive Review thread because they stated that "sharing" reviews on the BBS as such tend to cause more harm than good.

While Rage's Thread was established with the most honourable of intentions and at first worked, the meaning was lost and people became whistle-whores and just flagged indiscriminately. Now, it's best if we don't go there.

While TurkeyBean had the best of intentions, moderators have expressly stated that no more posting of that kind would be allowed, and no attempts at recreating the thread would be tolerated. Thanks for the understanding!

While we're not going to get the post deleted and a ban issued by speaking to mods, we'll just accept that it was done with well intentioned innocence

Anyway, to change the topic a skosh, I've finally released Chapter 1! You can read it here: Back in the Barracks - Chapter 1

Talking of which, I have my newest chapter out:

Blammer 23

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-29 12:47:09

Anyone mind if I write a story that covers the last month of Ben Spurgin's life?

Basically it's a one-shot story.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-29 14:28:30

Anyhoo, my few weeks of hiatus have finally come to an end.

Anime villain's been mentioned along with a sad sports event that just occurred...

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-29 18:21:43

Well I have some news, chapter 10 is still in the works, it's gonna be a long one. I may have to break it up into two posts what with the character limit and all. Sometimes I wish it were more of a word limit. Anyway, I'll be reading the rest of BUF soon and getting to the sequel. Also, because I've spent so much time on the internet, my folks turn off the internet at 7 PM NG time.

Also, if anyone is wondering, the reason my B/P has been kinda low this week, it's because I've been reading CtrlAltDel which is funny as hell!!

If you like gaming, internet, etc. you'll enjoy this comic, a lot. It's best to read it from the beginning. Sure there are a bunch of one-shot strips, but those are merely filler. Also there are mini-series within the whole comic.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-31 12:37:16

At 10/29/09 10:47 AM, phantomlassuk wrote: That is really good first chapter EagleRock I love how my name was used. Sounds promising I like how you have used General for the plot General can be a mess at times, but it still has good threads. I'm looking forward to reading more I like the first person style good and you a great writer.

Thanks for the great comments. :-) The story will take longer to update because the chapters are ending up twice the size of the first story. I should get Chapter 2 out soon, so keep checking the forums.

I have got the latest TheWeebl flash song stuck in my head, Get On My Horse is one of the best he has done I think since Owls the song is so catchy and funny too damn I cannot get the tune out of my head. Has anyone else seen it? Sill on front page. I also saw this flash very good here.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/51 6211

I saw all three flash...damn are they funny! TheWeebl has a perfect talent for making insanely catchy music. I remember when Badger Badger came out and we first saw it at the CS department at my college. First off, it was on half the computers there at any given time, but I remember one guy was so crazy over it that he actually recorded a 40 minute loop of the song onto minidisc so he could listen to it while walking between classes and stuff. I wish I was kidding.

As far as the Owl Song, it's funny as hell, but I dunno if I'd call it catchy. Get on my Horse, however, is plain ol' classic Weebl and damned if it isn't funny. The best part is where the horse starts playing the electric paino with his hoof.

"I think you'll find that the universe pretty much covers everything."
"SHUT UP WOMAN GET ON MY HORSE!"

XD

At 10/29/09 11:55 AM, Coop83 wrote: Then my plan was successful!

*sigh* Punk'd again.

While Rage's Thread was established with the most honourable of intentions and at first worked, the meaning was lost and people became whistle-whores and just flagged indiscriminately. Now, it's best if we don't go there.

My spidey senses detect a sore point there. But yeah, so goes the way of the Rage's Gift thread. Anything can ultimately get out of hand and basically implode itself, no matter how noble the cause at the start.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-31 14:54:05

****MALICIOUS/UNSUITABLE FLASH ALERT****

Evidence:

Blatant advertising for Satellite TV.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-31 16:30:46

YAY IT GOT FLAGGED!!! Just an update, chapter 10 is still in the works. It's over the 5 page limit I gave myself because of the character limit in our news posts. Also, when can we expect chapter 13 Byte? And when can we expect chapter 2 Eagle?

*bugs Eagle just for the lolz* Ain't I a stinker?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-31 17:48:33

At 10/31/09 04:30 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: YAY IT GOT FLAGGED!!! Just an update, chapter 10 is still in the works. It's over the 5 page limit I gave myself because of the character limit in our news posts. Also, when can we expect chapter 13 Byte?

Well, since you asked so nicely, here it is:

Chapter 13 - Carpe Tempus

Side note to SlntCobra1 : You'll like this chapter - I guarantee it!
Enjoy!

And when can we expect chapter 2 Eagle?

Hey, you can't rush genius!

Yes you are, you wascally wabbit!

;)

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-31 19:04:37

At 10/31/09 12:37 PM, EagleRock wrote:
At 10/29/09 11:55 AM, Coop83 wrote: Then my plan was successful!
*sigh* Punk'd again.

I just hope Andy Pettitte can do the same to the Phillies hitters tonight :P

My spidey senses detect a sore point there.

Meh, it was locked before I was modded :P

But yeah, so goes the way of the Rage's Gift thread. Anything can ultimately get out of hand and basically implode itself, no matter how noble the cause at the start.

Exactly... in fact, that's pretty much the entire plot surmised for my MWC9 October entry. Better get that finished ASAP, the deadline is tomorrow...

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-31 20:08:42

At 10/31/09 05:48 PM, byteslinger wrote: Well, since you asked so nicely, here it is:

Chapter 13 - Carpe Tempus

Beautiful timing.

And when can we expect chapter 2 Eagle?
Hey, you can't rush genius!
Yes you are, you wascally wabbit!

Oh dear...you people make me laugh!

At 10/31/09 06:12 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Eaaaggllleeee. I wanna be the one that bugs you! XD. I'd bug Byte....But she is never on AIM.

She's too busy typing up text to be on AIM chatting. Just now when I was trying to finish Chapter 2, I was getting bugged by Lizz "is it done yet" every 10 seconds. ;-)

At 10/31/09 07:04 PM, Coop83 wrote: I just hope Andy Pettitte can do the same to the Phillies hitters tonight :P

Stupid rain delays. Why can't they ban rain from baseball?

Anyway, here's my latest chapter: Back in the Barracks - Chapter 2

Enjoy!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-31 20:22:01

Happy Halloween!

Hey guys, have you watched all those [oo halloween] flashes in the portal? Apparently the Owl Orchard is just attempting to flood the portal. Watch out for any possible rule-breaking flash.

Also, sorry for being inactive for the last few days, it's just a matter of time until I get fully active again.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-31 20:36:32

Yes I have seen them all its really annoying after the first one, they are all the same and they say about about something to do with Friday the 13th I guess I will keep an eye out on that date! Nice Halloween stuff in the portal don't know why Owl Orchid are flooding the portal though. Some of the names sound like former Kitty Krew members odd. The Weebl in my view is back to best. I'm getting a little tired of the Halloween theme though. However I don't think the OO are submitting anything breaking the rules yet.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-31 21:10:39

At 10/31/09 09:06 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Uh oh gais....I R SCARDED!

Byte....Hold me! :'(

Pfft...bring it in. Whether it's 1 flash or 1,000 flash, they all get deleted the same. The Elite Guard will protect the Portal!

I know you people hate this, but it's worth doing. I'm raising the DEFCON level to DEFCON 2. Keep on the lookout throughout the night for more of these stupid flash, and be willing to be alert to protect all flash coming through the Portal!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-31 21:56:16

At 10/31/09 09:10 PM, EagleRock wrote:

Byte....Hold me! :'(

Nothing to be scared about, Lizz. I, for one, don't give a crap that owls may be a protected species. If these Owls start shitting on the portal, they're all gonna die. Remember, Cobra has his tank, and if things go bad, well, I can just jump in time and...oh, on second thought, let's just stick with the tank!

Pfft...bring it in. Whether it's 1 flash or 1,000 flash, they all get deleted the same. The Elite Guard will protect the Portal!

By your side, ready to fire, Sir! *Salutes*

I know you people hate this, but it's worth doing. I'm raising the DEFCON level to DEFCON 2. Keep on the lookout throughout the night for more of these stupid flash, and be willing to be alert to protect all flash coming through the Portal!

We will do our best!

BTW - loved chapter 2 - very good read! (I left more comments on the BBS)

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-10-31 22:28:42

At 10/29/09 11:55 AM, Coop83 wrote: While we're not going to get the post deleted...

I apologize for the posting of the abusive review. I in no way intended to go against any rules or regulations of the BBS or this club. I have been away from the forums for quite some time with the exception of my return to the NGSM. I have clearly missed a great deal of news in the time I was gone. I will be sure to review the current guidelines before any other mistakes are made on my behalf. I hope that I have not caused too much trouble. I would also like to thank you for not pursuing any disciplinary action.

On a side note, for those of you who do not remember, I have been a long standing member of this club. I would assume in my absence that my status here has fallen to the wayside. In the days of the Newgrounds Mafia I was a liaison to them for the Elite Guard Barracks. At this time I do not have the ability to be an active member, but in the near future I plan to return if I am still welcome. I will be sure to read up on past events and try to get up to speed before becoming active. Thank you all for your time.

|NGSM|NGM|EGB|NGPD|DA|Sig by - CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-11-01 07:29:57

Hey guys, sorry for not being more active, but with college and everything I have neither the time to B/P nor the motivation to post much. That being said I'm checking up on the Barracks daily to keep up with matters (and see if Eagle has posted the next chapter of BITB yet :P). Good to see all is quiet in the Portal...oh wait...

I reckon it's an empty threat to be honest, and even if they are planning a flood, there'll be enough people around to clean up, and if things got really bad, well there's always the admins with a shiny red button to fall back on.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-11-01 12:06:37

At 10/31/09 09:10 PM, EagleRock wrote: Pfft...bring it in. Whether it's 1 flash or 1,000 flash, they all get deleted the same. The Elite Guard will protect the Portal!

It's been too long Eagle. What's going on? I feel like I've retired from the portal. Life took over for me. :(

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-11-01 12:09:26

As chief of the elite SWAT force, I would like you to sign a treaty for us to join forces, what do you say?

Be secretive

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-11-01 12:16:21

Seriously, KidneyThief is on the roster but I'm not? His last post was a month ago, and I'm still active here.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-11-01 12:30:26

At 11/1/09 12:24 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 11/1/09 12:16 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote:
Would you like to be put back on the roster? You will have to be added as *NEW*, but you will be added.

I would like to be added. I didn't know you were told to keep and remove certain users, sorry :3.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-11-01 12:41:37

At 11/1/09 11:54 AM, Lizzardis wrote: Top 5 Gainers
EagleRock - 1,857
Byteslinger - 1,716
Coop83 - 1,495
Lizzardis - 1,142
SlntCobra1 - 796

Sweet. Did it again. WHOOHOO!! I'll be getting to the "assigned" reading shortly. Had to do a little catch up. Email, B/Ping, etc. Hmm, 796 for the whole month, not too bad. That comes out to an average of 25.67 B/P per day. Also, only 101 more B/P from my next rank. YIPPEEE!!

Top gainers, repeat offenders: Byteslinger (10), Coop83 (9), Lizzardis (3), SlntCobra1 (3), EagleRock (2)

Nice, 3rd time around. YAY ME!! I guess the only reason I didn't really get into B/Ping until about 7 months or so ago is because I used to think it would take forever before I could make any real difference in the portal. Was anyone else caught in that frame of mind when they first started?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-11-01 12:53:38

This is a nike advertisement, not a "project" as the author stated. I'm pretty sure this would be malicious.

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-11-01 13:53:10

At 11/1/09 12:09 PM, Rubberguy wrote: As chief of the elite SWAT force, I would like you to sign a treaty for us to join forces, what do you say?

Not yet, once you rack up 2,500 b/p points then you should be ready.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-11-01 15:14:28

Now now I'm sure that it hurt your poor little feelings that somebody made a similar thread to your cherished EGB, but I found the attitudes and actions of some of the members of this club in this thread bordering on getting themselves bans.

Not one of you offered a link to this thread or the NGDD as you so vehemently demanded of the OP to find himself.

As apparent by the OP's reaction to your posts, this is precisely why you shouldn't be twats in other threads. You really shouldn't even post a reply unless you are trying to be helpful and are at least offering a link to where you believe the user should have gone first.

It is not up to you to decide whether a thread in this forum continues or not. It is up to the moderators. Going into a thread to tell a user that his club doesn't belong and then arguing with him over the merits of having such a club is exactly what the intention of the backseat moderating rule is there to keep from happening. Just because you didn't specifically say "lock this" or "this should be locked" does not mean that you didn't do so in as many words with your posts.

Honestly, if this is the kind of elitist dickery that we have to deal with, perhaps the moderation team should reconsider the validity of these types of clubs. I don't know if it's taking in former NGPD members who got that club locked and a lower standard of member in here or a circle jerk culture of elitist attitudes towards the rest of the site, but if that is how you guys are going to act when a like-club topic is made, it's almost as bad as the squabbling between the anti-anime and anime clubs back in the day.

I'll let EagleRock decide on what to do with toiletpaper and porkchop.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-11-01 16:01:10

At 11/1/09 03:14 PM, Malachy wrote: Now now I'm sure that it hurt your poor little feelings that somebody made a similar thread to your cherished EGB, but I found the attitudes and actions of some of the members of this club in this thread bordering on getting themselves bans.

Interesting choice of words to start a post. You take it as a fact that the comments made by one person associated with this club are shared by all. You also came to the conclusion that we would be offended by someone starting a club similar to ours.

I respectfully reply that you are incorrect on both assumptions.

Not one of you offered a link to this thread or the NGDD as you so vehemently demanded of the OP to find himself.

That is true, but then only a few members have had a chance to look. In fact, if it wasn't for your post bringing it to our attention, we probably wouldn't have known about it.

As apparent by the OP's reaction to your posts, this is precisely why you shouldn't be twats in other threads. You really shouldn't even post a reply unless you are trying to be helpful and are at least offering a link to where you believe the user should have gone first.

I read through those posts. So, there's a slight disagreement on whether this new club is redundant to the NGPD or the EGB - and that disagreement is voiced by only two people, of which one is a member of the EGB. It did not degrade into serious name calling, and although Porkchop may have been a little rough around the edges, there is no harm in his pointing out that other clubs exist, and this new one could be redundant.

It is not up to you to decide whether a thread in this forum continues or not. It is up to the moderators. Going into a thread to tell a user that his club doesn't belong and then arguing with him over the merits of having such a club is exactly what the intention of the backseat moderating rule is there to keep from happening. Just because you didn't specifically say "lock this" or "this should be locked" does not mean that you didn't do so in as many words with your posts.

What you are perceiving as back-seat modding seems to me to be just some misplaced advice. I seriously doubt Porkchop meant anything other than to point out the possible duplicity of this new club. You are correct in that it is up to the moderators to lock threads and make judgment calls on posts and forums - that is certainly your function. But in this case, I think it was more of a case of misplaced intentions. I know Porkchop, and I seriously doubt he meant to do anything but point out a few facts.

Honestly, if this is the kind of elitist dickery that we have to deal with, perhaps the moderation team should reconsider the validity of these types of clubs. I don't know if it's taking in former NGPD members who got that club locked and a lower standard of member in here or a circle jerk culture of elitist attitudes towards the rest of the site, but if that is how you guys are going to act when a like-club topic is made, it's almost as bad as the squabbling between the anti-anime and anime clubs back in the day.

Elitist dickery? Again, you are judging this crew based on the misinterpretation of one member. I will be the first to admit that we are far from perfect, and the age range of the members in this club goes from 14 to 30+ (and I'm on the high end). With this range, you will get a variety of responses, ranging from youthful exuberance to mature analysis. EagleRock and SlashFirestorm keep a close eye on those who bend or break the rules, and I have seen justice meted out when someone crosses the line. However, when these rare incidents do occur, they are usually handled by PM, e-mail and/or IM directly between the mods and EagleRock and/or SlashForestorm

I'll let EagleRock decide on what to do with toiletpaper and porkchop.

ToiletPaper is not part of the EGB. He drops in once in a while, but he is not a member here.

As for Porkchop, IMHO he's done nothing more serious than give misplaced advice, but yes, EagleRock will take it from here.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am sure you will be hearing from EagleRoch shortly.

*Salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-11-01 16:08:09

So Rock can decide about someone who isn't on the roster?
(As Lizz pointed out in his now-deleted post. I also agree with his now-deleted statements.)

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-11-01 16:15:11

At 11/1/09 03:14 PM, Malachy wrote: Now now I'm sure that it hurt your poor little feelings that somebody made a similar thread to your cherished EGB, but I found the attitudes and actions of some of the members of this club in this thread bordering on getting themselves bans.

Someone's having a bad day, well it could've been worse...

Maybe I should make that same assumptions on mods perhaps?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature