00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gustavo-Y-YA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

ABUSIVE USERS

13,878 Views | 173 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-31 03:40:02

If you have any information that could help us, it would be appreciated.

Yeah, I have some information...when you find them, if you ever get face to face with them, put a phonebook on their head and hit it with a nightstick. It hurts like hell and doesn't leave a mark. News you can use. Fortunately, I don't seem to be affected by this, but a few people ruining something because they think it's funny...selfish fucks.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-31 03:44:56

At 10/31/02 03:40 AM, RiderOnTheStorm wrote: If you have any information that could help us, it would be appreciated.

Yeah, I have some information...when you find them, if you ever get face to face with them, put a phonebook on their head and hit it with a nightstick. It hurts like hell and doesn't leave a mark. News you can use. Fortunately, I don't seem to be affected by this, but a few people ruining something because they think it's funny...selfish fucks.

Heh... He's right... Phonebooks hurt like heck, and don't leave a mark! Don't ask how I know thats true though. :)

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-31 05:43:54

tom, wade liljim, or whoever of the NG-staff, i might have something that can aid you in the search for them fucks.

I posted before that i couldn't vote on movies, cuz they said i already voted on them, while i was sure i didn't voted on them yet.

Well when changing my password, that problem got fixed. Now it is my guess (i am NOT sure about this, it's only a guess) that certain hackers use other accounts to vote on movies.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-31 07:26:29

At 10/30/02 08:10 AM, TomFulp wrote: We have some abusive users on the site who have found a way to grab passwords from people who store them in their cookies. DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS THAT USERS POST IN THE BBS. Especially if the user is "HITLER". The links go to sites that read your cookies, including your NG password.

We will find a way to protect the passwords, but in the meantime, please change your password frequently, try not to store it in a cookie, and don't click any links posted by other users.

We are cooperating with officials to persue prosecution of those involved, as this is a privacy breach and federal offence. We hope to catch all who are involved - a list is currently being developed and we have some strong leads. If you have any information that could help us, it would be appreciated.

I betchya, its sum sonofabitch hu cant make flash and gets his movies blam0red 24/7, dats onli reeson i cen fink of for doin dis 2 newgrounds.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-31 10:23:02

At 10/30/02 08:10 AM, TomFulp wrote: We have some abusive users on the site who have found a way to grab passwords from people who store them in their cookies. DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS THAT USERS POST IN THE BBS. Especially if the user is "HITLER". The links go to sites that read your cookies, including your NG password.

We will find a way to protect the passwords, but in the meantime, please change your password frequently, try not to store it in a cookie, and don't click any links posted by other users.

We are cooperating with officials to persue prosecution of those involved, as this is a privacy breach and federal offence. We hope to catch all who are involved - a list is currently being developed and we have some strong leads. If you have any information that could help us, it would be appreciated.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-31 13:45:14

[Its these kind of people that give hackers a bad name. Hackers are not usually malicious in nature. They usually just like to explore the internet and systems and point out security flaws, in an attempt to help out.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-31 20:54:12

At 10/31/02 01:11 AM, ResidentEmu wrote:
At 10/30/02 10:15 PM, HlTLER wrote: But... I love you all...

I havn't done anything to any of you...

This makes Hitler so sad :..(
Because of you, i had to change the password i have been using since day one.

Oh, and logging in creates a temporary cookie, checking the store box just increases the expire time of the cookie, so if you watch a movie while logged in, you could be screwed. So its back to not watching movies and just voting on 5 random movies a day. How fun...

actually we could view the movies not logged in then vote on the same movies we viewed when we werent logged in unless its number 50, 49, 48, or 47 in the portal then your screwed.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-31 21:05:38

Newgrounds calm down its well known that all thses people can do is get into your BBS and your NG account its not like they canactually read everything and mess with everything on your computer and your mouse wouldnt move. Its like a person inside out first you get to the brain and heart and the whole system shuts down. I will intentionally View a Hitler movie and watch my hacker/ virus blocker and see if it detects any action between him and me and I get the ip address too so whoopee!

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-11-01 01:23:09

At 10/30/02 10:42 AM, MortalMaxx wrote: heh, thank god i dont use the bbs :)

Hehe, That Should Be Joke of the Day! :D

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-11-01 01:25:34

At 10/30/02 11:07 AM, Channel_Cat wrote: WAAAAAAAA!
Was my VOTE5 thing Really considered harmless?
*sigh

I Thought you said you didnt do that! Heres a Copy From the Comments in your DBZ Movie.

"This movie was reported to cheat its way to #1, but NG crew were hasty in a decision, due to my past, ehem, uh, record, but it's pretty much cleared up that the person responsible was not me, and i hope you dont vote 0 every day till this gets blammed"

Or were you talking about the Auto-Vote thingy you made?

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-11-01 02:20:46

If only Channel Cat were as good at making movies as he is at writing cheat codes.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-11-01 19:42:33

That BASTERD!!!!!!!!!!

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-11-01 19:45:17

ban HITLER tom and stop him from making another account by placing cookies on his comuter or something.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-11-01 22:15:22

At 11/1/02 01:25 AM, JDTV wrote:
At 10/30/02 11:07 AM, Channel_Cat wrote: WAAAAAAAA!
Was my VOTE5 thing Really considered harmless?
*sigh
I Thought you said you didnt do that! Heres a Copy From the Comments in your DBZ Movie.

"This movie was reported to cheat its way to #1, but NG crew were hasty in a decision, due to my past, ehem, uh, record, but it's pretty much cleared up that the person responsible was not me, and i hope you dont vote 0 every day till this gets blammed"

Or were you talking about the Auto-Vote thingy you made?

i was talking about the break dancing mario vote 5 for all you who saw it ;-) lol

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-11-02 16:59:56

Soo.....SCARED

ABUSIVE USERS

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-11-03 03:25:27

At 10/30/02 08:10 AM, TomFulp wrote: DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS THAT USERS POST IN THE BBS. Especially if the user is "HITLER". The links go to sites that read your cookies, including your NG password.

LMAO....HITLER...how appropriate!!!
However...HACKERS R NOT FUNNY!!!
CATCH THOSE BASTARD~!!!!!!!!!!

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-11-04 10:25:56

Apparently, Tom, these little morons don't quite understand that under United States Code, Title 18, Section 1029, they can get into some deep shit under Federal computer trespass regulations.

It's just a sad sad state that some people have to abuse a site that really isn't malicious at all. This site is passive: you come in, you look at flash, you vote on flash, and that's it. What is this Titler or Hitler or whatever the insipid cum-dumpster calls Himself some pissed off kid that got his flash blammed?

Anyway I say prosecute, prostitute, and send the bastard to psychotherapy: attacking NG...how fucking silly can you get?

[gives me an idea to make some flash...but heh...I haven't done any yet.]

ABUSIVE USERS

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-11-05 17:14:29

I AM THE ABUSIVE PERSON BEHIND THIS I AM TERRIBLY SORRY AND APOLOGIZE FOR ALL THE SHIT I HAVE CAUSED U MAY BAN ME I DONT GIVE A SHIT^-^ THANK U!

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-11-07 01:04:08

At 10/30/02 06:59 PM, JoeisCooler wrote: Instead of putting Civilian on their profile put Theif ..or H4X3R5 :)

And send in the Elite Squad to round up all their associates.

good analogy aye!

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-11-09 19:01:15

wow, that sucks

ABUSIVE USERS

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-11-13 14:54:53

Ok . Thats interesting.. How do they get are password though?

ABUSIVE USERS

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-11-17 08:16:00

AH! st00pid hackerz. kill 'em all.

you didn't see nothing, capisce?

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-11-24 20:50:32

Yhea,,,anyways go to www.packetstormsecurity.com

ABUSIVE USERS

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-11-29 07:34:24

Ah-oh!

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-12-07 11:42:24

WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I DONT FEEL SAFE!!!!

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2003-08-17 00:20:49

i hate uses that do that on this site

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2003-08-17 00:23:45

catchem and ban them!

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2003-08-17 00:26:14

mabye when artist get abusive repleys they can tell you and you can kick em out! eh? not bad?

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2003-08-17 00:30:03

the sooner they get banned the sooner well be safe

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2003-08-17 14:33:11

Ban their sorry asses

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!