00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pippooooooooooo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

ABUSIVE USERS

13,880 Views | 173 Replies
Respond to this Topic

ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 08:10:53

We have some abusive users on the site who have found a way to grab passwords from people who store them in their cookies. DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS THAT USERS POST IN THE BBS. Especially if the user is "HITLER". The links go to sites that read your cookies, including your NG password.

We will find a way to protect the passwords, but in the meantime, please change your password frequently, try not to store it in a cookie, and don't click any links posted by other users.

We are cooperating with officials to persue prosecution of those involved, as this is a privacy breach and federal offence. We hope to catch all who are involved - a list is currently being developed and we have some strong leads. If you have any information that could help us, it would be appreciated.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 08:16:06

So what exactly would you do to these users? (besides banning thier sad asses)

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 08:21:10

Holy shit dude what program goes through your cookies and copies them?!? That just scary. I heard HITLER was doing it in the BBS and that but I didnt think it was true. Anyways most people hate him.
-DarkJaymz

ABUSIVE USERS

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 08:26:02

assholes...

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 08:34:39

Delete them to next monday...

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 08:34:50

Catch those fucks and castrate them.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 08:38:15

Yeah, and do not use your fucking name as a password. my friend's account name was (well i dont know him anymore, so i dont know if hes in newgrounds at date) 1989765344 and his password was 1989765344. what a dumbass. then he finally changed his password, he was before that sent 15 or over messages to NG BBS. Yeah and i laughed.

And hey, tom, can you tell me how 'popularity rank' is ranked? Im ranked #595 (right now of course) out of over thousands of dudes, why? I have done no movies, and have only written 60 reviews, i dont have a pic of me at my profile, and im just a 'citizen'. answer please!

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 08:52:54

When you need a friend there's JOSH BEDN, JOSH BEDN.

;)

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 08:57:04

All I can advise is that you CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD EVERY 2 WEEKS!

And tom, don't allow the 'a' html in messages.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 09:06:10

At 10/30/02 08:10 AM, TomFulp wrote: We have some abusive users on the site who have found a way to grab passwords from people who store them in their cookies. DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS THAT USERS POST IN THE BBS. Especially if the user is "HITLER". The links go to sites that read your cookies, including your NG password.

We will find a way to protect the passwords, but in the meantime, please change your password frequently, try not to store it in a cookie, and don't click any links posted by other users.

We are cooperating with officials to persue prosecution of those involved, as this is a privacy breach and federal offence. We hope to catch all who are involved - a list is currently being developed and we have some strong leads. If you have any information that could help us, it would be appreciated.

the funniest part is its probably some dickin kid who felt like being an asshole, and now hes gunna get fined or do jailtime.. hahah! moron

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 09:44:56

That is unfortunate

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 09:48:52

Very very sad ppl have to go around doing this crap

ABUSIVE USERS

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 09:50:09

At 10/30/02 08:16 AM, Mangeta wrote: So what exactly would you do to these users? (besides banning thier sad asses)
At 10/30/02 08:10 AM, TomFulp wrote: We are cooperating with officials to persue prosecution of those involved, as this is a privacy breach and federal offence. We hope to catch all who are involved - a list is currently being developed and we have some strong leads. If you have any information that could help us, it would be appreciated.

Sounds like more than just banning them...

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 09:52:08

I hope you find out who is doing it and they get in trouble.

My Main Account @LaszloFung

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 10:15:53

Destroy them... Destroy them all... javascript:smilie(':twitch:')

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 10:18:13

Tom, this account has been saved by JmBd from the hackers. The password has been reset by me and an email has been sent to you, Wade, and Shrapnel himself containing the new password. Please do not ban me as I didn't hack this account, I obtained it from a user on AIM.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 10:29:25

It was obvious "Hitler" had something going on. Cartman_Hitler tried to warn people on the BBS, and they mocked him. Now who feels stupid.

Hitler was probably some loser kid who enjoyed screwing people over.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 10:30:32

At 10/30/02 10:18 AM, Shrapnel wrote: Tom, this account has been saved by JmBd from the hackers. The password has been reset by me and an email has been sent to you, Wade, and Shrapnel himself containing the new password. Please do not ban me as I didn't hack this account, I obtained it from a user on AIM.

OMG YOU HACKED SHRAPNEL!!!!!

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

Hahaha Josh, how does it feel to be so close to being banned?

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 10:32:19

Well I know this doesn't bother me. I don't use the NG fourms. I only post on the main page. And I barely do that. Plus if anyone hacks my account and writes mean shit anyone out there can look up my profile and email me and I will be truthfull. I love NG and I don't want my account removed. So to all you out there who hack acounts you are assholes. and If anyone hacks my account I will kill you.

ABUSIVE USERS

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 10:33:26

At 10/30/02 10:30 AM, Superabound wrote:
At 10/30/02 10:18 AM, Shrapnel wrote: Tom, this account has been saved by JmBd from the hackers. The password has been reset by me and an email has been sent to you, Wade, and Shrapnel himself containing the new password. Please do not ban me as I didn't hack this account, I obtained it from a user on AIM.
OMG YOU HACKED SHRAPNEL!!!!!

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

Hahaha Josh, how does it feel to be so close to being banned?

WADE KNOWS NOW. I told him the whole story of how I ended up with this account.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 10:42:51

heh, thank god i dont use the bbs :)

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 10:45:41

At 10/30/02 08:16 AM, Mangeta wrote: So what exactly would you do to these users? (besides banning thier sad asses)

We normally don't mind "harmless hackers" who help us find and fix security breaches, but since this person has already performed malicious acts on user accounts, we intend to prosecute.

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 11:07:27

WAAAAAAAA!
Was my VOTE5 thing Really considered harmless?
*sigh

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 11:28:22

Umm is this just on NG, or is this thing also happening on other website?

Only I can make blue whales cry.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 11:49:05

This just happened to me last night. I hope you guys ban their sorry asses! >_<

ABUSIVE USERS

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 12:04:31

At 10/30/02 08:10 AM, TomFulp wrote: We are cooperating with officials to persue prosecution of those involved, as this is a privacy breach and federal offence. We hope to catch all who are involved - a list is currently being developed and we have some strong leads.

The sooner you bannish and prosecute all involved, the better. Now that NG user profiles link to the BBS, you can bet more people will visit the forum, and could fall victim to these silly crimes. I'd like to think that the site I enjoy is secure from these breaches of security. So don't let 'em get away, Tom!

You do not currently have a signature for your Forum posts. Boooooooo!

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 12:22:02

This is crap! We are here, just tryin to have fun... and someone comes along and tries to screw it up for everyone! May they burn in HELL!

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 12:36:54

I hope those two burn in hell.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 12:37:45

I hate assholes that mess with a good website. ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS THIS SITE. When you catch the hacks who did it you should fine them and then evenly distribute the cash to those violated.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 12:41:43

At 10/30/02 12:37 PM, my_mach_5 wrote: I hate assholes that mess with a good website. ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS THIS SITE. When you catch the hacks who did it you should fine them and then evenly distribute the cash to those violated.

It's the government that gets the money from fines, not the 'plaintiffs' or whatever they're called. And Tom/Wade, what will you do if they're a 15 year old kid? Tell their mom?! Or fine the parents? You might think that sounds stupid, but seriosuly, it could easily be a kid.