00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FewThe just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

ABUSIVE USERS

13,892 Views | 173 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 12:43:14

It's the government that gets the money from fines, not the 'plaintiffs' or whatever they're called. And Tom/Wade, what will you do if they're a 15 year old kid? Tell their mom?! Or fine the parents? You might think that sounds stupid, but seriosuly, it could easily be a kid.

I hate typos, I meant SERIOUSLY. Actually, a good idea would be an option to edit our posts! :)

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 12:46:07

If you find out who they are ban them.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 12:47:07

At 10/30/02 10:45 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/30/02 08:16 AM, Mangeta wrote: So what exactly would you do to these users? (besides banning thier sad asses)
We normally don't mind "harmless hackers" who help us find and fix security breaches, but since this person has already performed malicious acts on user accounts, we intend to prosecute.

-Tom

Yeah I think you are right. "harmless hackers" help people ( cause they're good ). But people like HITLER ( just from the time I saw he's account name... ). I knew that stupid dude was hidin something...
I hope you and Wade find a fix :-)
GOOD LUCK.

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 12:48:54

It's the government that gets the money from fines, not the 'plaintiffs' or whatever they're called.

No, they don't benefit from fines, but if you want, you could look into bringing suit under the common law of torts regarding public disclosure of private information.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 13:27:45

Well... I guess there's an upside to not having done much of anything on Newgrounds for god knows how long. I mean, I wasn't a major figure by any means, but I do like my accounts to STAY mine.

Thanks for the warning. I think I'll just stay off my username until this gets dealt with. Vaya con Dios.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 14:05:03

Bring them hell Tom

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 14:05:15

I think he got I mine I didn't know, I say we find Hitler and Force Fed him broken Glass, stuff a Meat Hook in his Ass, and just beat him for fun, and one more thing I have to say to you Hitler.

ABUSIVE USERS

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 14:17:21

At 10/30/02 08:10 AM, TomFulp wrote: We have some abusive users on the site who have found a way to grab passwords from people who store them in their cookies. DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS THAT USERS POST IN THE BBS. Especially if the user is "HITLER". The links go to sites that read your cookies, including your NG password.

We will find a way to protect the passwords, but in the meantime, please change your password frequently, try not to store it in a cookie, and don't click any links posted by other users.

We are cooperating with officials to persue prosecution of those involved, as this is a privacy breach and federal offence. We hope to catch all who are involved - a list is currently being developed and we have some strong leads. If you have any information that could help us, it would be appreciated.

I've been told that hitler and maximina get peoples passwords when anyone views their movies. I hope this has helped.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 14:37:26

At 10/30/02 02:17 PM, HornyMonkey wrote:
At 10/30/02 08:10 AM, TomFulp wrote: We have some abusive users on the site who have found a way to grab passwords from people who store them in their cookies. DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS THAT USERS POST IN THE BBS. Especially if the user is "HITLER". The links go to sites that read your cookies, including your NG password.

We will find a way to protect the passwords, but in the meantime, please change your password frequently, try not to store it in a cookie, and don't click any links posted by other users.

We are cooperating with officials to persue prosecution of those involved, as this is a privacy breach and federal offence. We hope to catch all who are involved - a list is currently being developed and we have some strong leads. If you have any information that could help us, it would be appreciated.
I've been told that hitler and maximina get peoples passwords when anyone views their movies. I hope this has helped.

That helped a lot, except everyone knew dat...

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 14:37:38

They must dieeeee...a slowly painfull death...and go to hell tooooo...HEY! That gives me an idea! what about a "kill to f***ers that dont have anything better to do than ruin the fun for everyone else and take their password and maybe post bad reviwes that says "i fuck goats" or something and then everyone think that the guy that they stolen the password from is mean and then they will call him and dick and maybe vote zero on hes movies even that i havent done anything and he is just a vitctim of the two bastards who dont have any lifes" *GASP*....Just a idea...

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 14:43:16

YEAH! I HAVE A LEAD!!,
After clicking the link, I heard a really loud bang!
I looked over my shoulder only to see a white unmarked Van Speeding away,.. Now, with my cookies exposed, I shake and wiggle across the parking Lot, In hopes of not being 'hacked' between the eyes!!!..

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 14:46:41

At 10/30/02 02:43 PM, Dinotron1 wrote:

YEAH! I HAVE A LEAD!!,
After clicking the link, I heard a really loud bang!
I looked over my shoulder only to see a white unmarked Van Speeding away,.. Now, with my cookies exposed, I shake and wiggle across the parking Lot, In hopes of not being 'hacked' between the eyes!!!..

You're not helping.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 14:56:08

Thanks!I'll tell you If I see anything!

ABUSIVE USERS

BBS Signature

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 15:02:38

At 10/30/02 11:07 AM, Channel_Cat wrote: WAAAAAAAA!
Was my VOTE5 thing Really considered harmless?
*sigh

CHEATER!!!!!

ABUSIVE USERS

BBS Signature

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 15:07:02

We have to Kill Hitler (He May be dead but we can still get his corspe)

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 15:08:55

Alright dude. I hope you do something to humiliate them.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 15:12:27

those assholes should get skinned, burnt alive, raped by a donkey and shot in the nuts.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 15:13:00

At 10/30/02 02:05 PM, sirevil1024 wrote: I think he got I mine I didn't know, I say we find Hitler and Force Fed him broken Glass, stuff a Meat Hook in his Ass, and just beat him for fun, and one more thing I have to say to you Hitler.

Ya Tourtre Him Kill him ban him do something he a little prick who really does deseve this.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 15:16:21

Hell yeah, crack down on those ass clowns! By the way, click this link... haha... joking.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 15:42:20

And after we fry those fuckers, let's go and make flash movie/games out of it okay?

Only I can make blue whales cry.

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 15:42:47

Hey everyone! Don't it suck how peeps like me take time on makin movies and then these hacker dicks rip our movies. oh well. Hey i just gave in a flash be easy on me cos im only 13 and i did try really hard on it. It's called the final nightmare.
And if any of you can tell me how to make loading screens it would rawk!
ok thanks!

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 15:47:35

Yo thats pretty f-ed up...

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 16:13:09

bum diddly um my freinds im a ne wkind of tree raper

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 16:13:27

The user _shadow_ e-mailed me some NG account hacking tools... but, since I don't know _shadow_ that well, I didn't open them(in fear of a virus). Want me to foward you the mail, Tom?

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 16:24:39

So that Nazi cake link of HITLERs(the link) was just a way to get their passwords?I dont dislike HITLER he's a nice and funny guy but i dont like him doin that.

ABUSIVE USERS

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 16:24:43

carp man thats some freaky shit!!

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 16:26:42

Hey Tom, I have a question for you. I've uploaded
2 southpark cartoons here today which both got blammed
after a few minutes, because they thought i had just imported a southpark movie into flash. BUT I HAVEN'T.
I've actually drawn everything myself, YOU HAVE MY WORD!. The only thing
I didn't make was the sounds which I got from the net.
WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS?? People think im just copying southpark ): ):

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 16:34:28

Man, I can't believe some loser named after a certain Jew-Hating dictator would be such a fucking loser over a few passwords. Geez, some ppl have no fucking life. On another note, SHOW NO MERCY TOM!!!!

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 16:43:39

We are cooperating with officials to persue prosecution of those involved, as this is a privacy breach and federal offence. We hope to catch all who are involved - a list is currently being developed and we have some strong leads. If you have any information that could help us, it would be appreciated. I think Ive seen a link in hitler's profile "hitler's party? Tom have you check that site out

Response to ABUSIVE USERS 2002-10-30 17:02:32

its nice we flame peaople but please do it tastefully! Maximina/Hitler (same person) is not the one completely responsable person for all of this. He has only done one incident. He has allready had a LONG discussion with Wade and e-mailed Tom. Granted he may have created the idea he was not one of the ones who abused it. I think its grand you have a voice.. but from knowing Maxi in real life... he hacks for kicks not to be an ass and he never does any dammage.. he does it simply cause someone said IT CANT BE DONE!! ... thats his motive... now flame away... but he never screwed with anyones account more than once and only once to say HEY IT CAN BE DONE... its those malicious copy cats you have to watch for.... Maximina/Hitler is really a cool guy in realife.. when he is not sniping you with a 6 foot long home made paintball gun....(rubs his back) but hey all is fair in paintball right Maxi? *laughs* anyway i felt an update was necessary.. and to those who came up with creative pics for flaming.. like the Dell parody... YOU ROCK! Thats what this site is all about.. so please flame away.. but use art and be tasteful about it! Quoting is for those who are not creative enough to express themselves.