00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

creambee just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New features

7,799 Views | 103 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New features 2002-10-20 13:17:12

I looked at my profile and I'm a citizan. What is this now! #29 in all of NG and Im a citizan. Tell us what this is. And how can we get to be a higher rank then that.

New features

Response to New features 2002-10-20 13:17:26

yay this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to New features 2002-10-20 13:26:31

At 10/20/02 01:17 PM, DarkJaymz wrote: I looked at my profile and I'm a citizan. What is this now! #29 in all of NG and Im a citizan. Tell us what this is. And how can we get to be a higher rank then that.

The Citizen ranking depends on how many BLAMS and SAVES you have. To get it Higher, just BLAM bad Movies and SAVE good ones.

Response to New features 2002-10-20 13:41:59

At 10/20/02 01:26 PM, NemesisM66 wrote:
At 10/20/02 01:17 PM, DarkJaymz wrote: I looked at my profile and I'm a citizan. What is this now! #29 in all of NG and Im a citizan. Tell us what this is. And how can we get to be a higher rank then that.
The Citizen ranking depends on how many BLAMS and SAVES you have. To get it Higher, just BLAM bad Movies and SAVE good ones.

Is there a place where we can see the ranks?

Response to New features 2002-10-20 14:16:55

At 10/20/02 01:41 PM, DarkJaymz wrote:
At 10/20/02 01:26 PM, NemesisM66 wrote:

Is there a place where we can see the ranks?

Right next to your BLAM and PROTECTION counters on your profiles.

Response to New features 2002-10-20 14:17:53

Lately a few movies have been getting more votes than views. While these movies are usually pretty bad it's still unfair. How about implimenting a system where you have to at least click the link to watch the movie before you can vote?

Response to New features 2002-10-20 14:32:36

How freakin' many are there?!?!?

Response to New features 2002-10-20 14:35:27

Hey wade and tom. can you guys put that song back on the front page. I liked it I don't know why you guys removed it.

New features

Response to New features 2002-10-20 14:57:03

At 10/20/02 02:32 PM, Boo_Destroyer wrote: How freakin' many are there?!?!?

Ranks, I mean.

Response to New features 2002-10-20 15:11:54

w0w, another NG improvement

Response to New features 2002-10-20 15:29:26

Thanks for making all these ideas happen!

New features

Response to New features 2002-10-20 16:59:54

when will this login bullshit be fixed????

Response to New features 2002-10-20 23:22:54

At 10/18/02 12:05 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Alright, I didn't really want to make another front page post, but a lot of people are still confused and are brining up a lot of similar questions and concerns so I will try to briefly address them.

We are working on a rank system for voting points. As users accumulate voting points (BLAM & PROTECTION) they will go up in rank. As users go up in rank they will get cool new rank badges in their user profiles, in addition to their current Experience Level icon. As users go up in vote rank they will also gain a small vote power bonus to their voting power! Say 2% at first, but maybe as much as 50% at the top level (10 + 50% = 15). We are still working on this system but we should roll it out sometime next week. So with regards to BLAM and PROTECTION points you want to get as many of each as possible! A lot of people are complaining certain users are only going after protection points, or only after BLAMS. Well, you don't want to do that! You want to get as many of each! So if you only vote 5 on every movie, you're going to miss out on BLAM points! If you only vote 0 on every movie you will miss out on PROTECTION points! Your rank is determined by TOTAL points. So you should watch the submission and vote honestly. This will be your best chance to get as many points as possible.

Also some people want us to have a separate total for users who cast the triggering vote causing a movie to either be protected or blammed. We will not do this. This was the whole problem before! Users would hold back their vote to try and get a BLAM point! We want this to be a team effort and reward everyone who participates!

Some people are saying the system is failing because of all the color coded movies in the TOP 50 most recent list. This is not the system failing, it is the system working! The reason there are so many color coded movies is because all the crap is being deleted off the portal very quickly now! Before a good movie would be pushed off the top 50 list in a day or less. Now with the flood of crap under control a good movie can stay on the 50 most recent list for around 4 days! This give the submission much more time to receive feedback, views, and votes! All pluses for the submitter! Also in the past some movies never got enough votes to allow them to be color coded! So a good movie may have left the list without getting enough votes to be coded! Now a good movie is color coded very quickly!

We have a lot of things we are working on. We are working on the log in problem (some people are being logged out and not staying logged in). We will address allowing users to select their favorite portal submissions in their profile, rather than it being based on their reviews. We will be adding lists to the portal so users can look up movies that need votes either to be protected or blammed. We will let users view BLAMMED submission's reviews, so authors can see where they went wrong. So over the next couple of months a lot of these issues will be resolved, just give us a chance! :) LilJim is already far exceeding any of our expectations and is working as fast as he can. So let's be sure to give him thanks for making all these ideas happen!

If a film is under 1 point is gets blamed right?

Response to New features 2002-10-21 14:47:47

MY FLASH GOT BLAMMED BECAUSE EVERYBODY IS OUT FOR BLAM POINTS!!! My poor MagicMan EXE Ballad... I HAVEN'T SEEN IT IN THE PORTAL AND I VE GOT A E-MAIL WHAT SAID "IT GOT BLAMMED" Thanks for your support...NOT!!!! SAY HELLO TO BLAM MEMBER 811.

New features