00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NobeastcanDefeatme just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Illwillpress' new movie

21,584 Views | 433 Replies

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:32:45

At 8/30/05 10:18 PM, liljim wrote:
I hate to come across as an asshole, which I'm sure I'm doing, but these arguments that you guys are posting are inflated at best.

no your not, your just one of the few people that can actually see through most of his bullshit anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:33:24

At 8/30/05 10:32 PM, veld wrote: Not all flash, is animated.

The point of flash is to be an animation program. MS Paint is for still images.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:33:54

At 8/30/05 10:18 PM, liljim wrote: The foamy stuff is already big in America - if you go into many stores, you can buy foamy-related content.

People actually buy foamy merchandise?

Jesus i just thought it was a shitty and over-popular flash artist, but no, its a shitty and over-popular business!

</second mini-rant>

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:34:18

At 8/30/05 10:30 PM, Chakra-X wrote: But things like the recent Foamy movie proves you don't have to be a complete expert in flash to get on the front page, so it could have people thinking "Ha! If that can get front page my next one may have a chance".

No, it makes people think "Shit, even if I do make a decent animation, it's just going to be bumped for something like this, because the person who made it is more popular than I am."

Not to mention, putting this movie on the front page takes a slot from a better animator who worked a lot harder on their movie. You think that's going to encourage THEM to try again?

Dead.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:35:01

To be honest, I could care less what makes the frontpage. If it brings money to NG, thats great. If it doesn't, oh well.

Some things that should be noted:

Newgrounds is not democratic. Voting and judging are two seperate things. You don't really "vote" on a flash movie, you judge it.

It doesn't matter what we think. NG is much bigger than the BBS. There are people who come here to simply view to flash that's in the top left position. The majority of the people who visit this site don't even know about the portal. They simply come here for the front page and leave.

Who cares if a talentless hack gets front page? Big woop. Front page doesn't mean anything more than "Hey, this has mass appeal." No matter how shitty something is, if it has mass appeal, it's going to be everywhere (Numa Numa).

Whoever made the comment about the fulps forcing this bad voting system is absolutely retarded. No one is forcing you to vote, nor are they forcing you to stay. If you don't like the way a system works, then either work around it, or don't be a part of it. I myself don't really like saying "This flash deserves a 4" or what not. It's like going a a museum and saying "Well, this Cubism painting deserves a 3... while this one done by Picasso deserves a 5." I simply don't vote. Much.

Now, onto my opinion of IWP. IWP, if anything else, has found a gimmick and exploited it, just like Maddox. They have found that bitching/ranting about things that the majority of the people will agree on will make them famous and possibly earn them money. This isn't to say all gimmicks are bad though.

I myself find that IWP IS talented at ranting. That's about it. He CAN draw and animate well, he just decides not to. This is what makes me not like him. Not because he has a fan base of idiots. Not because it's the "cool thing to do"... but because I just think that half-assing something is bullshit. He hasn't ONCE made a movie that has blown us out of the water with superb animation. He is VERY capable of doing so, he just doesn't do it. Why? Could be alot of reasons:

Too lazy to pump out something mind blowing.
Too busy churning out what his fans want.
Doesn't care enough about his image as an artist.
Making enough money as is and is too busy, too lazy, and doesn't care enough about his work to give a shit.

If IWP doesn't feel like pumping out quality works, that's fine. It's not getting me to buy his shirt or visit his site. I don't support lazy people making money, and that's that. No more, no less.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:36:29

At 8/30/05 10:32 PM, veld wrote: It's called the "Flash Portal", not the "Animation Portal".

Not all flash, is animated.

Flash is an animation program.

Give me another example of a non-animated Flash that not only passed judgment, but made it to the front page.

Give me another example of a non-animated flash that has a score that high.

Give me a reason why this, of all things, is more deserving of the attention and acclaim than a well-made animated flash movie.

Dead.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:36:36

At 8/30/05 10:24 PM, hisainc wrote: if I made a movie in which it's a picture of a person and audio in the background going "OH MY GOD THEY'RE DYING GO SAVE THEM", would it get front page?

Does his animation do that? Didn't think so.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:36:41

At 8/30/05 10:32 PM, veld wrote:
It's called the "Flash Portal", not the "Animation Portal".

Not all flash, is animated.

I just got here, and I gotta say:

Owned.

Abusing his right to free speech? Look, when you eliminate every single shred of crap from Newgrounds, THEN you can take away IllWill's "Crap". Until then, he has the right to say his mind like every single person here.

Love or hate Foamy, he's making a goddamn point. The major news networks are basically creaming their pants on this kind of situation. People get glued to their TVs. Ad revenues go up. It's like Christmas all over again.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:36:49

At 8/30/05 10:15 PM, twilight_venom wrote:

I stand by what I said earlier. You people are just ranting becuase Earfetish and a few other bbs regulars feel that way. Don't rant cause everyon else is doing it. Take a stand.
god damn it, everybody stop making stupid assumptions. how the hell do you know that we're all imitating earfetish? enough with the generalizations and the ridiculous assumptions. not everybody is jealous of illwillpress. not everybody is imitating earfetish. one last thing: users who are jealous of illwillpress should really rethink it. you're jealous of a so-called flash artist who gets high scores for his movies just because of who he is. also, because people praise him too much, he's gotten worse in the art of flash making. why should you be jealous of that?

That isn't how I feel. I feel that iwill has a big following of fans and if he arned it fairly how can you blame him? I personally dislike his flash, but that isnt the point.

Wade is obligated to put the most popular flash on the front page! Iwill can submit whatever he wants and it isn't his fault if your fellow NGers over-rated it.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:37:34

At 8/30/05 10:25 PM, Elfer wrote: IllWillPress <snip> is now abusing both a free service

How is he abusing it? He's done nothing but upload the animation to the site.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:38:01

At 8/30/05 10:36 PM, liljim wrote:
At 8/30/05 10:24 PM, hisainc wrote: if I made a movie in which it's a picture of a person and audio in the background going "OH MY GOD THEY'RE DYING GO SAVE THEM", would it get front page?
Does his animation do that? Didn't think so.

it's a picture of foamy and audio going "WHY DON'T THE REPORTERS HELP THEM?!"

it's close enough.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:38:45

At 8/30/05 10:36 PM, Elfer wrote:
Give me a reason why this, of all things, is more deserving of the attention and acclaim than a well-made animated flash movie.

B

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:39:45

At 8/30/05 10:37 PM, liljim wrote:
At 8/30/05 10:25 PM, Elfer wrote: IllWillPress <snip> is now abusing both a free service
How is he abusing it? He's done nothing but upload the animation to the site.

My point exactly. Iwillpress and Wade didn't do anything wrong or out of the ordinary.

It was given a high score, big deal. Users thought it deserved a certain score, and they voted accordingly.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:40:23

At 8/30/05 10:38 PM, Miles_ wrote: B

B

Illwillpress' new movie

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:40:49

At 8/30/05 10:37 PM, liljim wrote: How is he abusing it? He's done nothing but upload the animation to the site.

Hows abouts, Newgrounds is funnelling money into the pockets of IWP even though his movies are bollocks.

Look at it this way - if you'd decided, today, that this movie just didn't cut it as far as representing the quality you want on the frontpage, and you're put someone else's high quality movie up there, the author of which had never been on the front page.. well, you've just made his day.

And perhaps he'll make more, more often, and perhaps it'll do Newgrounds a lot of good.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:41:38

At 8/30/05 10:40 PM, -BLUEleaf- wrote:
B

B

Illwillpress' new movie

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:43:34

At 8/30/05 10:37 PM, liljim wrote: How is he abusing it? He's done nothing but upload the animation to the site.

Ok, so he's really more abusing his reputation in such a way as to manipulate a free service.

He's certainly robbed someone more talented of some publicity, at the very least. He abused the service because he submitted something that wasn't even an animation, just to expound his opinions. We have a place for submitting opinions that aren't animations. It's here, on the BBS.

Had this been by anyone else, it would have been deleted immediately. But he's taking advantage of his legions of fans to not only put this on the site, but to get it onto the front page.

So while it's debatable that he's actually ABUSING the service that's handed to him, he's certainly acting like a stupid cunt at the least.

Dead.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:44:20

At 8/30/05 10:26 PM, WyldWeaverWyrm wrote:
At 8/30/05 10:21 PM, NazelbikAuthor wrote:
At 8/30/05 10:18 PM, liljim wrote: I'd like a list of the discouraged, please.
Hmmm... I probably will be part of that list, sooner or later.
I figure if someone is so pompous as to say, "Well, there is art that I don't think is up to MY calibur on the front page of this site, so obviously this site doesn't deserve my fantastic art." Then most people probably wouldn't want to see your art anyways. If illwillpress is such a horrible artist as everyone here keeps claiming then how in god's name did he ever become popular. What bother's me most is that people bitch about the fact his animation isn't great, and then write him off as awful immediately. I'm sorry but substance goes beyond a pretty veneer. Artwork isn't everything, and some people find Faomy's rants to be witty and insightful. Honestly it seems people like to bitch simply because people think illwill is good, and they don't get recognized for their supposedly wonderful flash skills because of it. All I can say is if illwill is so bad and you are so much better, prove it.

I didn't say A SINGLE FUCKING WORD about Foamy. OK, you want my opinion about Foamy and IWP? (probably not, just too FUCKING bad)

His animations suck. His rant sucks. His artwork is good. His intentions are unutterable.
There, I said it. EXACTLY WHEN did I say I liked his work, or that I worshiped him? You never heard that from me, so back off.

Besides, why did you even QUOTE me? It didn't have anything to do with IWP, the "Great Talentless Hack". Just shut the fuck up.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:44:26

At 8/30/05 10:28 PM, hisainc wrote: I don't, my buddies do. What's up to Guardian or Psychojester is up to them. We're not the same person sir.

You posted this: I don't have a negative outlook on life, just on my time here at Newgrounds. No, I'm not trying to be an attention whore, but Wade is saying strive for a collection, and I'm fully aware that it isn't going to happen.

Which would indicate (or should indicate) that you already have animations on the site. If you don't, then you have anything to complain about.

At 8/30/05 10:38 PM, hisainc wrote: it's a picture of foamy and audio going "WHY DON'T THE REPORTERS HELP THEM?!"

it's close enough.

*Sigh* - really? Because I watched that submission and it had much more content than just that.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:44:59

At 8/30/05 10:41 PM, Miles_ wrote:
At 8/30/05 10:40 PM, -BLUEleaf- wrote:
B
B

now we're off topic

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:46:14

At 8/30/05 10:44 PM, liljim wrote: *Sigh* - really? Because I watched that submission and it had much more content than just that.

You call a preloader content?

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:46:32

What the thing was actually saying was funny.
But it's lame the fact it got in with one frame...

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:47:52

This is perfect. All this raving and ranting just gives IWP more publicity. By trashing his content, you're just inspiring new users to see whether or not his submissions are crap. Which means you've just subjected plenty of virgin eyes to IWP's content, and they may love it or hate it.

People are going to want to watch the movie that some have called "crap" to see if it is really "crap". You're not acomplishing your objective.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:48:08

At 8/30/05 10:40 PM, Earfetish wrote: Look at it this way - if you'd decided, today, that this movie just didn't cut it as far as representing the quality you want on the frontpage, and you're put someone else's high quality movie up there, the author of which had never been on the front page.. well, you've just made his day.

I didn't decide, this day, or any other day, that this movie would be put on the front page.

I really don't follow anything that you've posted there.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:48:28

At 8/30/05 10:36 PM, Elfer wrote:

"Give me another example of a non-animated Flash that not only passed judgment, but made it to the front page."
Passed Judgement: http://newgrounds.co..ion/soundboards.html

Front Page: Well, let's just say I don't visit Newgrounds everyday of my entire life.

"Give me another example of a non-animated flash that has a score that high."
If you see some of the soundboards, some do have higher scores.

"Give me a reason why this, of all things, is more deserving of the attention and acclaim than a well-made animated flash movie."
The point of it.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:50:00

At 8/30/05 10:22 PM, RedHotRadiators wrote: If anyone, and i mean ANYONE other than illwillpress submitted a one frame flash, it would be in the graveyard within 5 minutes!

It was actually funny...
I dont care about animation.Look at one of my favorite flash...

The Prank Call.

You gave this entry a 0, lowering its score from 3.7370 to 3.7356!

<Sarcasm>Wow such devastating voting power.

3.7356!? ITS ONE FUCKING FRAME!!

Still better than half the shit that gets submitted.

The ultimate proof that Illwillpress is an over-rated lazy flash "artist"

Title Author Rating/

1. Foamy: THE WALLET illwillpress 3.81

2. Open-Mic Night II illwillpress 3.78

3. Cloud Talk illwillpress 3.53

4. The Jiggly Butt illwillpress 3.85

5. Amplified Bible illwillpress 3.78

6. Foamy: DOs & Don'ts illwillpress 4.14

7. Foamy's Rant illwillpress 3.84

8. Squirrel Banter illwillpress 4.07

9. Foamy: Eye Stigmata illwillpress 4.09

10. Foamy's Rant V illwillpress 3.79

11. Coffee HOuse Propaganda illwillpress 4.04

12. Foamy's Rant IV illwillpress 3.97

13. Paper-Back Bust illwillpress

14. Medicated Baby-Heads illwillpress 3.94

15. Meditation al Melee illwillpress 3.76

16. Foamy: Eye Stigmata illwillpress 4.09

17. Foamy's Rant V illwillpress 3.79

18. Coffee HOuse Propaganda illwillpress 4.04

19. Foamy's Rant IV illwillpress 3.97

20. Paper-Back Bust illwillpress 3.78

21. Open-Mic Night illwillpress 3.73

22. Passion Of The Zombies illwillpress 3.99

23. Spell-A-Ca sters illwillpress 4.09

24. Inner Demons illwillpress 3.93

25. Biggest Fear illwillpress 4.06

26. Creative Issues illwillpress 3.71

27. Suggestion Box illwillpress 2.68

28. Foamy Card CUlt Update illwillpress 3.70

29. No Christmas For You! illwillpress 3.95

30. Form Letter illwillpress 3.77

31. Foamy's Rant III illwillpress 3.79

32. Amityville Toaster illwillpress 4.18

33. Foamy Fan Mail 6 illwillpress 3.94

34. Foamy's Card Cult illwillpress 4.02

35. 5 More Minutes illwillpress 4.15

36. Non-Holida y Special illwillpress 4.07

37. The Hatta' illwillpress 4.02

38. Handmade Clothes illwillpress

39. Foamy's Rant II illwillpress 4.09

40. Foamy: The Owner illwillpress 3.77

41. Foamys Rant illwillpress Under Judgement

Yeah thats lazy........<Sarcasm>

</mindless ranting>

Yup

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:50:15

At 8/30/05 10:47 PM, PlayItBogard wrote: People are going to want to watch the movie that some have called "crap" to see if it is really "crap". You're not acomplishing your objective.

Don't care. I'm sure a lot of people here agree that this is the internet, we don't take it particularly seriously, and a lot of it is for fun. Whether anything is accomplished doesn't matter.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:50:24

At 8/30/05 10:44 PM, liljim wrote: You posted this: I don't have a negative outlook on life, just on my time here at Newgrounds. No, I'm not trying to be an attention whore, but Wade is saying strive for a collection, and I'm fully aware that it isn't going to happen.

Which would indicate (or should indicate) that you already have animations on the site. If you don't, then you have anything to complain about.

They're called Dailytoons. Me, j00bie, and Mightydein have worked our asses off on it sir. At this point, I really have only one movie I call my own, and I didn't think it deserved anything. However, I feel like shit when I see something amazing made by one of my friends (or a collection of them for that matter) that gets no recognition whatsoever. I care more about what they get than what I get. I don't want a daily2oon collection page for myself as I want it for j00bie, who has worked more than anyone else on keeping the series alive, and all the animators who helped with the project (congrats Zekey on front page :) )

*Sigh* - really? Because I watched that submission and it had much more content than just that.

it's called filler.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:53:27

Elfer, aren't you at least happy it's not part of the "Top 50 of All Time?"

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:56:00

At 8/30/05 10:50 PM, hisainc wrote: They're called Dailytoons. Me, j00bie, and Mightydein have worked our asses off on it sir.

So you DO have content on the site? You claimed that you didn't.