00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Illwillpress' new movie

21,571 Views | 433 Replies

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:18:18

At 8/30/05 08:14 PM, ramagi wrote:
Well more chances at some BP for some.

That and probably some whistle points to go along with it.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:21:37

FOAMEY IS MY EYEDOL U DEOUCCHE BEAG!

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:21:42

Well Wade, if we break down the 2 movies, we can see sort of what went in.

Illwillpress:
Preloader
.wav file (voice)
background (United states with foamy in corner)
End screen (credit, reply button)

Mine:
Preloader
.wav (music)
motion tweens
Text
Pictures (10 total)
End page

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:22:55

At 8/30/05 08:21 PM, HAcoreRD wrote: stuff

Yup, HAcoreRD wins.

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:23:10

Even if he can't animate for real, he still can draw better than the average NG user.

He had a kind thought about those people, and he had to finish his rant before the news got old. From my point of view, that deserves a 3.00, but next time I hope he'll find salvation for this "terrible crime".

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:23:45

At 8/30/05 08:21 PM, HAcoreRD wrote: Well Wade, if we break down the 2 movies, we can see sort of what went in.

Illwillpress:
Preloader
.wav file (voice)

Mine:
Preloader
.wav (music)
motion tweens
Text
Pictures (10 total)
End page

The .wav file on IWP's flash alone kicked your flash's ass lol

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:25:34

At 8/30/05 07:47 PM, -noir- wrote: Okay. So, Wade will embrace and exhibit the more popular series, regardless of the fact that they are lacking, to recieve more unique viewers. Thus, other flash content will gain exposure, indirectly, through, in this very suitable scenario, IWP's movie.

That's just fucking silly.

No, you're just fucking stupid. Where's your top 1,000 website? Where's your website that gives it's contributors at least 800 views as long as their entry passes judgement? Do you ever stop and think that the reason Newgrounds is so successful is because we might just know what we're doing?

If all we did was feature the most artistic Flash that had the best animation, etc, and ignored whether or not it had any appeal to the masses our traffic would drop like a rock and no one would get much exposure. We are giving obscure, artistic entries more exposure than they would get anywhere else. It's all about balancing out the content we feature so we can feature the high quality stuff, but also feature content that will bring in the traffic.

Do you think Newgrounds.com got to where it is with high quality content? We got here from Flash like Elian Gonzel's Wazzzup, Numa Numa Dance, Beat up Osama, etc.. It wasn't the highest quality flashes that got our name out there, it was Flash that stirred up controversy. Like Tom's early works, club a seal, telebubbies, assassin. Go look at the quality of that stuff, it would probably get blammed if it was submitted today.

We have used the success of these viral Flash entries to give exposure to everyone else who may not submit something that would spread via word of mouth. It doesn't matter how good something is as far as art, animation, sound, etc. If it can't generate much of a buzz no one will come looking for it.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:26:59

Well you knew it was coming, well I sure did.

barney joins in

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:27:06

X-Naught how does it? Cause I don't have a microphone to speak into? I can't make my voice as annoying as Alvin of the Chipmonks? Oh, it must be because foamy is in your face, talking to you from Newgrounds. His movie had less of a point, his point was like "reporters suck, they should be superman and rescue everyone. Bitch, moan, bitch, moan." I mean, he's a hypocrit, he says basically they do their reports for their success, why'd he make that flash then? for his success.

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:27:35

one thing i learn from newgrounds, and from life in general, is majority rules.

almost every day, flash is submitted by some of my LEAST authors, such as the star syndacate or people such as coolboyman.

i hate these flashes, with a passion, and i vote 0, and i leave bad reveiws, but somebody obviously likes this stuff, because it's always protected.

every body has different tastes, some people like political humor (which is how I would define foamy), some people like gross-out comedy.

the point is to focus more on what you like than what you hate.

to each, his own.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:28:06

At 8/30/05 08:21 PM, HAcoreRD wrote: Well Wade, if we break down the 2 movies, we can see sort of what went in.

DON'T YOU FUCKING GET IT?!?! IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER WHAT WENT INTO IT!!!!!!!!!! IWP HAS IT! YOU DON'T!!!

At least between those two entries.

The same thing can be applied to movies, music, etc. Why does a movie that took very little money and production beat out a big budget movie in the box office? Why does some stupid Britney Spears song beat out songs by much more talented artists?

IT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:29:38

At 8/30/05 08:26 PM, ramagi wrote: Well you knew it was coming, well I sure did.

barney joins in

*expects resubmits*

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:29:54

At 8/30/05 08:26 PM, ramagi wrote: Well you knew it was coming, well I sure did.

barney joins in

Ha! The lamest attempt yet. I gave it a 1 just cause it made me laugh. ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:32:16

Illwillpress:
Preloader
.wav file (voice)

Mine:
Preloader
.wav (music)
motion tweens
Text
Pictures (10 total)
End page

Yes, but you don't have leagions of fanboy losers who will hopfully get bored of the series soon. :\

A couple years ago I did like Foamy, but it got waaaay too repeatitive.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:33:20

At 8/30/05 08:28 PM, WadeFulp wrote: IT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS.

and with the power to change the way things are on this site, you decide not to.

pity.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:33:30

I still thought it was funny....

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:33:57

wade, i don't want to tell you what to do or anything and i understand that some users piss you off, but could you at least try to be a little more calm? it's just a suggestion, so you don't have to obey it, but at least consider it.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:34:34

At 8/30/05 08:23 PM, X-Naut wrote: The .wav file on IWP's flash alone kicked your flash's ass lol

Yeah he sent his Flash to pokebattle IWP's. Did IWP's mind-controlling Flash win? Stay tuned for more candy.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:35:22

At 8/30/05 08:28 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
DON'T YOU FUCKING GET IT?!?! IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER WHAT WENT INTO IT!!!!!!!!!! IWP HAS IT! YOU DON'T!!!

At least between those two entries.

The same thing can be applied to movies, music, etc. Why does a movie that took very little money and production beat out a big budget movie in the box office? Why does some stupid Britney Spears song beat out songs by much more talented artists?

IT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS.

Wow Wade. It doesn't matter what goes into it? Ok then i guess the message here is i should half ass it and wait for events that get front page of news papers so I can flash about it. I'll wait till Bush 'buys the farm'. Seriously though, not to beat the dead horse, quality wise, a animationless movie in a movie theater would break out the riots. Nuff said, the horse decomposed.

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:36:44

At 8/30/05 08:33 PM, hisainc wrote: and with the power to change the way things are on this site, you decide not to.

pity.

WHAT do you want me to change? Change what? NG is a massive site. We do our best. We have just rolled out our collection management system. We are doing a lot to help give exposure to our contributors. What would you like to see change?

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:36:55

It's really just giving what the people want. There have been plenty of times thigns have been put on the front page and haven't had the best quality, but I tend to notice that the ones with the highest quality are in the 'Top 50' which is better than front page in some points.

No matter how simple his latest flash is, I repect that IWP has gathered enough 'mojo' to make such a simple movie have a 'blue' score. The author, foamy, his movies, I'm cool with that, it's just some of his oh-so dedicated fanboys/fangirls that ignore ANYTHING negative about a submission and justify the score with "FOAMY RULES!!!!"

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:37:53

Good God, I haven't seen this much whining about a democratic system since the last election.

If only we could come up with a fair way of giving scores to enties. I don't know some kind of system where every person is able to give a rating based on their unique likes and dislikes then all of the individual scores would be added up then averaged to give one overall score that would reflect the overall opinion of the various users. I can't really think of any way we could do that so I guess we're stuck with this unfair voting thing the Fulps are forcing on us.

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:38:52

You don't need talent to make a decent movie, you need a gimick. Most of the peoples voting decision is based of shock value and popularity. Look at Marc M's work. not much to say about the animation. People love him and his cartoons because of the shock value. I congradulate IWP for being so sucessful, even I don't like his cartoons I respect him.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:40:08

At 8/30/05 08:35 PM, HAcoreRD wrote: Wow Wade. It doesn't matter what goes into it? Ok then i guess the message here is i should half ass it and wait for events that get front page of news papers so I can flash about it. I'll wait till Bush 'buys the farm'. Seriously though, not to beat the dead horse, quality wise, a animationless movie in a movie theater would break out the riots. Nuff said, the horse decomposed.

You really have no clue. You would not make it in our business.

We're not running a fucking movie theature. The Foamy thing is short and sweet and is effective as far as what it is.

If you want to make Flash about current events, fine, but that doesn't mean just because you make a Flash about a curent event that it will be any good. I'd have to see it first.

By good, I mean something many people would enjoy seeing. It we constantly put up things that we KNOW won't do well with views we'd be hurting the site's traffic which would in turn hurt everyone.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:40:58

Shut up you guys. People have the right to vote FIVE, or ZERO, they gave it a FIVE because they like IWP. Now I don't like that fact, but they still have the ability hit FIVE on an entry they enjoyed, just get over it.

Also, stop pushing Wade around before he goes on a killing spree... Again.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:43:28

At 8/30/05 08:37 PM, BeFell wrote: I can't really think of any way we could do that so I guess we're stuck with this unfair voting thing the Fulps are forcing on us.

Is the voting that unfair? Sure his movie may have a score higher than it deserves, but should we really care? We'll see the Top 5 awards tomorrow, but I don't think it's going to take 1st place. Many of the award entries get scores well over 4.00 these days. The score will level out now that it's on the front page. If it's as bad as everyone says then the majority will agree and vote it down. If they don't, then maybe it has some redeeming qualities that people enjoy.

From what we see the truely good Flash gets the best scores and are the appropriate awards. I'd like someone to show me a site that does it better than us that hasn't copied our system.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:43:38

Err, I meant vote FIVE and ZERO, not just... Those two, someone can easily vote 3 or 4, was simply implying that if we really like something we normally vote five...

I'm tired :(

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:43:53

At 8/30/05 08:40 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
By good, I mean something many people would enjoy seeing. It we constantly put up things that we KNOW won't do well with views we'd be hurting the site's traffic which would in turn hurt everyone.

Like this masterpiece for instance. =)

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:44:12

At 8/30/05 08:36 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 8/30/05 08:33 PM, hisainc wrote: and with the power to change the way things are on this site, you decide not to.

pity.
WHAT do you want me to change? Change what? NG is a massive site. We do our best. We have just rolled out our collection management system. We are doing a lot to help give exposure to our contributors. What would you like to see change?

you can add as many features as you want, but the main problem with the site has been your audience.

I like how if you do a search on the NG BBS for "hentai", you see almost nothing for 2000, but it pops up everywhere today. I'm not saying you can't prevent authors from submitting hentai to newgrounds, but every time you feature one on the front page, it attracts more. Hell, most people are already comparing this site to furcadia, which is pretty sad. This is only one example. This travesty of a movie is a clear second.

And you have always had full power to change your audience. How? Don't feature this shit on the front page. You know why it has so much traffic? Because right now, it's only morons that eat this shit up that lurk the site. A lot of people I know get freaked by hentai and such, and wouldn't visit newgrounds for that very reason. You drove them off!

Continue catering to your current audience if you want. That way, piss poor movies can continue upseting authors who put work into their movies, and you can discourage them. And while you're at it, why not at a PM system?

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 20:45:45

barney joins in

i hate that group so much...the kind of internet hate that is o so common these days =/

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature