00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pomnicaine43 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,809,526 Views | 88,034 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-10 12:57:27

Congrats:
LittleWashu - 26000 B/P
Frostbreath - 1000th day on NG
killer-of-cows - level 13
Snubby - level 11
MadCow - 9.00+ VP & Elite Guard General
bifgis - Elite Guard Second Lieutenant
AtomicTerrorist - Same Total Posts as Post/Day
Azentiger - top 20000 exp
Little-Rena - top 4000 exp & Elite Guard Captain

PenguinLink

Listening to:
36 Crazyfists - I'll Go Until My Heart Stops
Placebo - Black-Eyed
[Unknown Artist] - Closing Time
Iron Maiden - The Fallen Angel

iTunes on random, I apologize

At 5/9/07 11:22 AM, schneelocke wrote: Boy, do I ever know how that feels. I once tried to help out people by answering questions, but gave up after a few days because there never were any that were a) unanswered and b) answerable. :P

Exactly, if I see a question that is new, I'll try and find out the answer, but if not I just don't post in the thread, to me that's spamming.

I'm actually making myself out to be a dick now, so I'll shush
At 5/9/07 11:27 AM, Solidone wrote: yeah. It's a start at least.

And maybe we'll get all our land back :P

awesome.

But Casualty is still god

At 5/10/07 08:04 AM, Coop83 wrote: Slightly different, I already pay for all my food etc from a standing order to my mother (bless her). I just don't have any money for me now, which really sucks, because I'm spending shitloads on my credit card and the bill is due in about a week... by the time this cheque clears, I'll be about £100 - £150 short (almost a week's wages)

Eep, so staying the next few weeks then? I'm gonna have to do the same, alcohol will not be good for the mind to remember things

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge || Elite Guard Barracks || Review Request Club || NGLog

I watch an unholy amount of films

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-10 13:52:45

1,000 Blams

Now, what do you mean by that, hmmmm....

Congrats to:
Little-Rena: EG Captain
AtomicTerrorist: cool post numbers
bifgis: EG 2nd Lieutenant
MadCow: EG General
Snubby: Level 11
AtomicTerrorist: Days Years on NG
killer-of-cows: Level 13
Frostbreath: 1000 Days on NG
LittleWashu: 26000 B/P

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-10 14:34:47

At 5/10/07 01:52 PM, Solidone wrote: 1,000 Blams

Congrats :D

And it was a joke about how northern Ireland actually isn't england's it's Ours (Irelands)

I'm Irish BTW

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-10 14:41:25

At 5/10/07 02:46 AM, ReconRebel wrote: Forget about it BlueHippo. You think I didn't see the election was more of a popularity contest than anything else? Hell, absent should've been the 29th member but unfortunately he had to settle for 32nd. I'm a little worried how the next one will go now that friends of friends are Wi?Ht? members. I have the sinking feeling people will continue to vote for who they like, not who's the most deserving. Really turns my stomach. Stick around bud and I'll vote for you. I'm not blind to what's going on despite my decreased attendance. ^_~

Isn't the whole point of an election that people can vote for whoever they want, based on whatever criteria they choose? If you want deserving candidates rather than ones that are popular or have friends in the right places, then hold a debate, not an election, and have an impartial judge appoint people after the debate based on the arguments heard.

(That being said, I have the distinct feeling that when one starts to hold elections for regulars on a forum on the BBS of a site dedicated to flash animations and games on the Internet, it's a surefire sign that one needs to get out a bit more. c.c)

At 5/10/07 08:04 AM, Coop83 wrote: No, because the moderators are adamant that they are right. I argued both cases with RedCircle and JoS respectively, neither of which caused my ban to become shorter (or longer, might I add) and I left it there.

You should've complained about them.

Maybe there is a case of metamoderation, but it is just not publicised, so that Tom and Wade don't get spammed with PMs about poor moderation on top of everything else they deal with.

Actually, the whole point of a metamoderation system would be that it wouldn't be necessary anymore to PM Tom or Wade to complain about abuses of the moderation system (just like the moderation system means it's not necessary for them to personally read every BBS post).

At 5/10/07 12:06 PM, Bahamut wrote: I was lucky enough to take a few screenshots of the glitch, especially when everyone's levels went back to normal, but then back to 30 again.

Cool. :)

At 5/10/07 12:57 PM, Shanus wrote: Exactly, if I see a question that is new, I'll try and find out the answer, but if not I just don't post in the thread, to me that's spamming.

Yeah, I agree...

Það er margt sem myrkrið veit / minn er hugur þungur

Oft ég svarta sandinn leit / svíða grænan engireit

Í jöklinum hljóða dauðadjúpar sprungur

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-10 15:32:35

6500 saves.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-10 15:41:33

At 5/10/07 02:34 PM, Shanus wrote:
At 5/10/07 01:52 PM, Solidone wrote: 1,000 Blams
Congrats :D

Thank you.

And it was a joke about how northern Ireland actually isn't england's it's Ours (Irelands)

actually it's Britain's and not England's, a lot of people here would get annoyed if you called them English. also, do you really want the North back??If so, why??

I'm Irish BTW

yeah i kinda figured.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-10 15:54:11

At 5/10/07 03:41 PM, Solidone wrote: actually it's Britain's and not England's, a lot of people here would get annoyed if you called them English. also, do you really want the North back??If so, why??

I know, the majority of Northern Irish people would clash themselves as english bout 60%
They would be the protestant people, or Unionists
And 30% of the people would rather if Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland were one, like they use to be. These people are mainly catholic.
The other 10% are a mixture of Catholic and Protestant that don't mind it either way.

The main reason the Republicans want the country to be united again, is because of the great history of suffering and tyranny the english kings and queens put upon the Irish people.
It's kinda a strange cause though, because Northern Ireland costs so much to the English government, and would be a great burden to anyone who controls it.

I actually couldn't care less what happens about the ownership of the country, as long as there is peace, which, more than ever seems to be possible.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-10 17:35:11

PenguinLink's Congratulations List #67
Congratulations to the following users:

MadCow- Elite Guard General, 9.00+ Voting Power
bifgis- Elite Guard Second Lieutenant
Little-Rena- Elite Guard Captain, Top 4,000 Experience Users
Solidone- 1,000 Blams
PulpChaos- 6,500 Saves

At 5/10/07 12:19 AM, X-Naut wrote:
Oh, you.

Yes, me. The person in whom one time you mistakenly mistook as "Penguin-92". >___>

Apparantly, so did Millionaire ducks,

Pimp Ducks?

Superhero ducks,

I guess so.

and ducks that play hockey.

Indeed.

At 5/10/07 08:04 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Nah, ducks playing Ice Hockey sucks balls.

I don't know. They look a bit tough, don't you think?

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-10 17:50:59

Elite Guard Corporal - 1500 b/p. I must have misread the thing for the b.p ranks, i didnt think i was due another rank up untill 2000 b/p.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-10 17:52:44

At 5/10/07 03:54 PM, Shanus wrote:
At 5/10/07 03:41 PM, Solidone wrote: actually it's Britain's and not England's, a lot of people here would get annoyed if you called them English. also, do you really want the North back??If so, why??
I know, the majority of Northern Irish people would clash themselves as english bout 60%
They would be the protestant people, or Unionists

trust me, we call ourselves British, not English. I am protestant, trust me on this one.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-10 18:21:56

At 5/8/07 04:42 PM, MetalDart wrote: 5 portal awards.

C-C-Combo broken. :)
5 portal awards and first post.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-10 18:24:43

At 5/10/07 06:21 PM, MrFlash wrote: C-C-Combo broken. :)
5 portal awards and first post.

Well hello there sexy.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-10 19:08:28

2 years on ng a big deal i guess ^_^

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 03:28:14

At 5/10/07 02:41 PM, schneelocke wrote: Isn't the whole point of an election that people can vote for whoever they want, based on whatever criteria they choose?

You're absolutely right. Can't argue with you there. Still, I wish some of the voters would've used a little more forethought before making their decisions.

If you want deserving candidates rather than ones that are popular or have friends in the right places, then hold a debate, not an election, and have an impartial judge appoint people after the debate based on the arguments heard.

First of all schneelocke, my comment was directed towards BlueHippo, not you. Secondly, I consulted with Afro_Stud on how the election should be handled this time around, and although we figured a situation like this might arise we still proceeded. Regardless of my discontent with the voting results I still think the election turned out pretty good.

(That being said, I have the distinct feeling that when one starts to hold elections for regulars on a forum on the BBS of a site dedicated to flash animations and games on the Internet, it's a surefire sign that one needs to get out a bit more. c.c)

This part of your post kills me. I can't count how many times I've mentioned in the past that 90% of my online time is spent at work. How much of your free time is spent in front of the computer schneelocke? As for holding the Wi/Ht? elections, they've been going on long before your arrogant ass showed up and I doubt that's going to change in the near future. I'm just surprised you haven't launched into another one of your pathetic rants about the experience system. The receptionist here was right about you. I just can't believe I defended you all this time. I honestly hope you refuse your chance at Wi/Ht? membership if you're ever voted in. If you don't, I'll be removing my own membership number at the first opportunity. I'd also appreciate it if you wouldn't respond to my posts anymore. Offer me this small courtesy and you can be sure I'll return the favor.

New milestone. 32,000 protection points

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 04:16:00

With various aches and pains, Coop congratulates:
Solidone: 1,000 Blams; EG Corporal
LittleWashu: 2nd NG Berfday
ReconRebel: 32,000 Saves.

At 5/10/07 12:57 PM, Shanus wrote: Eep, so staying the next few weeks then? I'm gonna have to do the same, alcohol will not be good for the mind to remember things

No real change there for me. I did take my girlfriend out to see Spidey 3 the other night, but that was only about £15-20 for the entire night, petrol included. My car was in for work yesterday and they kept it overnight because they were waiting for a part. I got a lift to the Gym from my mum, but then I walked to my girlfriend's (3.5 miles in the rain, along the canal towpath), stopped for a few hours and then walked home (road way, so slightly longer). I have a nasty blister on my toe, but other than that, I'll be very pleased to get my car back this evening.

At 5/10/07 02:41 PM, schneelocke wrote: You should've complained about them.

Perhaps I should have. Anyways, it's far too late now.

Actually, the whole point of a metamoderation system would be that it wouldn't be necessary anymore to PM Tom or Wade to complain about abuses of the moderation system (just like the moderation system means it's not necessary for them to personally read every BBS post).

So if they get a certain number of complaints, the case file presents itself for the admins to decide upon in their own way?

At 5/10/07 05:35 PM, PenguinLink wrote:
At 5/10/07 08:04 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Nah, ducks playing Ice Hockey sucks balls.
I don't know. They look a bit tough, don't you think?

I'm not saying I have a problem with all Ice Hockey playing birds. Penguins aren't bad, because they can kick arse, but ducks? Give me a fucking break.

Fuck Disney
At 5/10/07 05:52 PM, Solidone wrote: trust me, we call ourselves British, not English. I am protestant, trust me on this one.

Trust me, I am English. Britain is a false statement. As far as I'm concerned the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish can break away and govern themselves. They only cost us money at the moment. That way the huge wad of taxes the government gets from London can be spent on projects in England.

I get pissed off with two groups: the BNP, which are just a bunch of racist bigots and peopel who won't allow me to call myself English, because it's apparently racist.

I am agnostic, trust me on this one.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 04:28:29

Promoted to Elite Guard Sergeant!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 06:01:33

Listening to:

Sonata Arctica - 'Picturing the Past'

Congrats to:

Solidone - 1000 blams, Elite Guard Corporal
MrFlash - 5 portal awards. lol
LittleWashu - 2 year old NG account. lol, you changed.
Incognitus - Elite Guard Sergeant

Hmm, it's a bit quiet today.

At 5/10/07 03:32 PM, PulpChaos wrote: 6500 saves.

Not an acheivement.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 07:29:18

Congrats to:
Little-Rena: Top 4000 EXP; EG Captain
Solidone: 1000 Blams; EG Corporal
PulpChaos: 6500 Saves
ReconRebel: 32000 Saves
Incognitus: EG Sergeant
LittleWashu: 2 years on NG

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 08:21:45

EXP rank: 93

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 10:26:08

Listening to:
System Of A Down - Chop Suey!
Tocotronic - Der gute Rat
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow - Bard's burial

Congrats to:
Little-Rena: EG Captain
Solidone: 1,000 Blams, EG Corporal
MrFlash: 5 Portal Awards

Welcome to the BBS

LittleWashu: 2 Years on NG
Incognitus: EG Sergeant

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 11:48:21

Go 50 review responses
Achievement, no?

Just saw 28 weeks later, very good. If you liked the first, a must see

Congrats:
Solidone - 1000 Blams (Again), Elite Guard Corporal & 1500 B/P
PulpChaos - 6500 Saves
MrFlash - 5 portal Awards
LittleWashu - 2nd NG B-Day
Incognitus - Elite Guard Sergeant
McJesus - 1337 posts
ReconRebel - 32000 Saves
Idiot-Finder - #93 exp

At 5/11/07 04:16 AM, Coop83 wrote: No real change there for me. I did take my girlfriend out to see Spidey 3 the other night, but that was only about £15-20 for the entire night, petrol included. My car was in for work yesterday and they kept it overnight because they were waiting for a part. I got a lift to the Gym from my mum, but then I walked to my girlfriend's (3.5 miles in the rain, along the canal towpath), stopped for a few hours and then walked home (road way, so slightly longer). I have a nasty blister on my toe, but other than that, I'll be very pleased to get my car back this evening.

Well I'd love a car because I've gotta pay for buses halfway across the country cause of college. And my saint of a mother drives me half an hour to my work every Sat and Sunday at 7:00 AM. I need a car for her sake even.

At 5/10/07 05:52 PM, Solidone wrote: trust me, we call ourselves British, not English. I am protestant, trust me on this one.
Trust me, I am English. Britain is a false statement. As far as I'm concerned the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish can break away and govern themselves. They only cost us money at the moment. That way the huge wad of taxes the government gets from London can be spent on projects in England.

I agree, the United Kingdom, is a joke now really, it'd be better off as 4 separate countries with their own governments and elections

I get pissed off with two groups: the BNP, which are just a bunch of racist bigots and peopel who won't allow me to call myself English, because it's apparently racist.

I was born in England, my Dad was a Catholic born in Belfast. I spent most of my life living in Ireland, what my previous post said is the truth, no matter what anyone else says

I am agnostic, trust me on this one.

I think this is how the "troubles" in Northern Ireland Started, EEP

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 11:52:30

At 5/11/07 04:16 AM, Coop83 wrote: Trust me, I am English. Britain is a false statement. As far as I'm concerned the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish can break away and govern themselves. They only cost us money at the moment. That way the huge wad of taxes the government gets from London can be spent on projects in England.

breaking away would suit me fine. As long as we don;t join the republic of Ireland, then I'm happy.

That sounds rather strange, stupid BNP.

At 5/11/07 11:48 AM, Shanus wrote:
I think this is how the "troubles" in Northern Ireland Started, EEP

Yeah pretty much. we shouldn't have turned the LUL into a political debate but anyway.

Congrats to:
MrFlash: 5 portal awards
LittleWashu: 2 Years on NG
ReconRebel: 32000 Saves
Incognitus: Eg serg
McJesus: 1337 Posts - can he not post his own achievement??
Idiot-Finder: EXp rank #93

Thanks to:
Haggard
Azentiger
Bahamut
Coop83

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 12:12:50

At 5/11/07 03:28 AM, ReconRebel wrote: This part of your post kills me. I can't count how many times I've mentioned in the past that 90% of my online time is spent at work. How much of your free time is spent in front of the computer schneelocke? As for holding the Wi/Ht? elections, they've been going on long before your arrogant ass showed up and I doubt that's going to change in the near future. I'm just surprised you haven't launched into another one of your pathetic rants about the experience system. The receptionist here was right about you. I just can't believe I defended you all this time. I honestly hope you refuse your chance at Wi/Ht? membership if you're ever voted in. If you don't, I'll be removing my own membership number at the first opportunity. I'd also appreciate it if you wouldn't respond to my posts anymore. Offer me this small courtesy and you can be sure I'll return the favor.

Well, allow me to say that I'm sincerely sorry if what I wrote came across the wrong way; it wasn't my intention to belittle or rag on you or your efforts, and neither did I intend to insult, offend or hurt you. So if I did, I'm sorry for that.

That being said, don't you think you're overreacting a bit? (Or, actually, a lot?)

At 5/11/07 04:16 AM, Coop83 wrote: So if they get a certain number of complaints, the case file presents itself for the admins to decide upon in their own way?

That's what I had in mind, yes...

Það er margt sem myrkrið veit / minn er hugur þungur

Oft ég svarta sandinn leit / svíða grænan engireit

Í jöklinum hljóða dauðadjúpar sprungur

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 12:17:53

Hmm... got my 2nd star today. It's kind of odd, because it feels like only yesterday I was climbing the B/P ranks, and now I only really B/P for my daily 10 EXP. Oh how priorities change. This B/P level up puts me into the top 150 VP list too I think, I'll have to wait for the next update. Go me, I guess.

Anywho, congrats to all others that have reached interesting of significant numbers/plateaus.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 15:56:36

At 5/10/07 05:01 PM, Dork-slayer wrote: I hate you all

Dude, sign up date: 2005, posts: 5, exp: 790

Poor bastard.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 16:00:08

instead of goign throug 20 pagesto catch up I'm giving all a generic well done to all.
silly work and life and mod stuff interfering....

At 5/10/07 07:08 PM, LittleWashu wrote: 2 years on ng a big deal i guess ^_^

who are you again?

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 16:06:52

At 5/11/07 03:56 PM, bifgis wrote: Dude, sign up date: 2005, posts: 5, exp: 790

Poor bastard.

Same thing, man. He's a bastard to insult everyone in this topic.
And the thing I hate the most with him is that it includes me.

(Heheh, I see that his post got deleted... He learned his lesson...)

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 18:02:37

Lol, Total coincidence I even found this achievement.

I was about to click the rankings page when I noticed this on NGLOG!

15000 total stats!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 19:55:56

1 year NG anniversary, I'm almost ashamed.

Awesome post great job!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2007-05-11 20:17:37

At 5/11/07 07:55 PM, Crag wrote: 1 year NG anniversary, I'm almost ashamed.

Congratulations on your one year anniversary. I time where you can look back at the year and where the hell you went wrong!

My 1st NG anniversary is in just over 4 weeks, Hopefully I will have made the top 300 b/pers list by then! That would be a cool thing to achieve by that date!

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature