00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MiyuTheSceneGirl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

228,733 Views | 3,464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-29 02:52:07

At 8/28/07 09:33 PM, cabosetek wrote: i apoligize for the double but i forgot.

"Hitler spoke of his Christianity as a motivation for his anti-Semitism. In a speech Hitler gave in Munich on April 12, 1922, and later published in "My New Order", he stated: My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who - God's truth! - was greatest, not as a sufferer, but as a fighter.

In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison."

Sorry about the length, it was a long quote. As you can tell, Hitler was a christian, albeit a twisted one.

I see, now I know where it went wrong. In the thread titled Christians... (page 2) in the politics forum a person posted a link "How to see if you are a fundamentalist atheist"

This is one of the paragraphs.

You continually argue that Hitler was a "real Christian" even when he and his fellow Nazis were slaughtering millions of people (and you "conveniently" ignore the very obvious distinction between someone claiming to be a Christian and someone actually living as a Christian, and the fact that the Nuremberg prosecutors denounced Nazism as fanatically ANTI-Christian!)

I think I fucked up there.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-29 08:09:06

Naw, she just wants me to be religious in case i'm really sick(fatally), but I'm probably not.

Yeah dont let her get to u, dont fall for any of that crap

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-29 12:21:01

At 8/29/07 08:09 AM, GoldOps018 wrote:
Yeah don't let her get to u, don't fall for any of that crap

I'm not gonna join, but I think she's sincerely worried about me.
If a "topic elder" has any advise...........

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-29 12:28:17

alicetheDroog, why were you offended by my topic?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-29 12:34:55

At 8/29/07 12:28 PM, Truth wrote: alicetheDroog, why were you offended by my topic?

You're clearly misinformed about both Atheism&Satanism.

Let me break it down for you, Atheism=/=Satanism.

.....and didn't you say both were about "self worship"? What the fuck!?!?

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-29 13:02:11

At 8/29/07 12:34 PM, alicetheDroog wrote:
At 8/29/07 12:28 PM, Truth wrote: alicetheDroog, why were you offended by my topic?

No, that's not what I said at all. I merely asked if there were similarities? And I asked if they were both about self worship (self empowerment).

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-29 13:09:14

At 8/29/07 01:02 PM, Truth wrote:

No, that's not what I said at all. I merely asked if there were similarities? And I asked if they were both about self worship (self empowerment).

*Sigh*
Maybe I misdirected my anger, but it gets to me, because although you might not have intended it, you opened up people to flame our belief system.

All the "atheists burn in hell' responses were pissing me off.

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-29 13:34:04

At 8/29/07 12:34 PM, alicetheDroog wrote:

I don't know about any other atheists here, but I don't even have a belief system, worship system, whatever. I guess you could say I believe in nothing, but I simply don't follow any dumb religion, I don't believe in any god, and I don't believe in any afterlife. I don't spend my time thinking about it (except for discussion like this), and I am glad I don't have to waste my time praying/going to church/etc. etc. I don't worship myself, or anybody, and I just live life as if this life is all there is.

To me atheism isn't a belief with principles to live by and all of that, it's just a complete void of any spiritual thought or consideration, except of course, like I said, to discuss it.

Xbox Live gt: blindnil

Full Tilt sn: blindnil9

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-29 13:49:48

At 8/29/07 01:09 PM, alicetheDroog wrote:
*Sigh*
Maybe I misdirected my anger, but it gets to me, because although you might not have intended it, you opened up people to flame our belief system.

All the "atheists burn in hell' responses were pissing me off.

yea, the title might have trown some people off.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-29 13:58:27

At 8/29/07 01:49 PM, Truth wrote:
yea, the title might have thrown some people off.

Shouldn't of put the little sunglasses smiley up.

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-29 15:17:12

hey, bricktop, are you being sarcastic or were you for real.

People take many different roads to find happiness. Just because they don't follow the road you're on does not mean they are lost. -- Dalai Lama

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-29 15:21:52

At 8/29/07 02:52 AM, Brick-top wrote:
I see, now I know where it went wrong. In the thread titled Christians... (page 2) in the politics forum a person posted a link "How to see if you are a fundamentalist atheist"

This is one of the paragraphs.

You continually argue that Hitler was a "real Christian" even when he and his fellow Nazis were slaughtering millions of people (and you "conveniently" ignore the very obvious distinction between someone claiming to be a Christian and someone actually living as a Christian, and the fact that the Nuremberg prosecutors denounced Nazism as fanatically ANTI-Christian!)

I think I fucked up there.

So i guess we shouldn't mention the crusades, seeing they were christians, KILLING people. Through that logic they weren't real christians and neither was richard the lion-hearted.

People take many different roads to find happiness. Just because they don't follow the road you're on does not mean they are lost. -- Dalai Lama

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-29 22:41:28

yeah i know i tried reading it the other night too, but man i cant believe ppl buy that shit, the only thing i follow in the bible is the morals and thats it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-29 22:46:59

At 8/29/07 08:54 PM, fetusdoctor wrote: I've been trying to follow the previous conversation over the past two pages, but seeing how it's typed like this:

hi this is a sentence but there is no capitilization or punctuation and i just make one big ongoing sentence rather than make separate sentences and i dont press enter to start a new paragraph i just have one big sentence am i the only one who thinks this is really annoying to read????????

Please. Capitalization. Punctuation. Sentences. Paragraphs.

Thank you.

Also, how many atheists out there have read the Bible? Front to back? I tried to read some of it, but it was incredibly boring. Not much talk about morals, mostly just an explanation of some ancient family-tree.

the bible sucks. it's just a collection of dumb stories and parables that may or may not relate to anything relevant to god (although people will find meaning in every inch of that book). it's also boring and it boggles my mind that anyone could get anything from that book. whatever makes you happy I guess. ignorance is bliss...........

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-30 08:40:55

Exactly u just basically exlained the whole bible right there, lol.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-30 17:20:05

lol it's funny how there's so many religions. everyone claims they're right, yet they're all wrong. if a Christian and a Muslim were to get into a debate about who was right. it would be the most illogical, nonsensical argument ever, and it would just turn into a screaming match that would get nowhere. Logic and religion DO NOT go hand in hand.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-30 17:20:39

At 8/29/07 08:54 PM, fetusdoctor wrote:

Also, how many atheists out there have read the Bible? Front to back? I tried to read some of it, but it was incredibly boring. Not much talk about morals, mostly just an explanation of some ancient family-tree.

If I don't do summer reading, I'm not waisting my time with some religious text.

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-30 17:33:53

At 8/29/07 08:54 PM, fetusdoctor wrote: I've been trying to follow the previous conversation over the past two pages, but seeing how it's typed like this:

hi this is a sentence but there is no capitilization or punctuation and i just make one big ongoing sentence rather than make separate sentences and i dont press enter to start a new paragraph i just have one big sentence am i the only one who thinks this is really annoying to read????????

Please. Capitalization. Punctuation. Sentences. Paragraphs.

Thank you.

..................Then let me sum some of that up for you............

.......I most likely have scoliosis.
My mother plugged her religion in when I found out, she's worried about my "soul" because there my be a chance I'll die from it.

Help.

:...........and for the record, I was using good grammar.

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-30 17:51:12

At 8/30/07 05:33 PM, alicetheDroog wrote:

My mother plugged her religion in when I found out, she's worried about my "soul" because there my be a chance I'll die from it.

Help.

...........and for the record, I was using good grammar.

So now she's gonna try to make you follow the religion and live by the rules cus she's worried about your soul? fuck that...if there is a "soul" its yours and you can do whatever you want with it. No offense to your mother at all, but using your possibillity of scoliosis, as a reason to get you to be all religious and shit...is pretty shitty. of her....

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-30 17:54:25

At 8/30/07 05:51 PM, ClockworkTrashcan wrote:

So now she's gonna try to make you follow the religion and live by the rules cus she's worried about your soul? fuck that...if there is a "soul" its yours and you can do whatever you want with it. No offense to your mother at all, but using your possibillity of scoliosis, as a reason to get you to be all religious and shit...is pretty shitty. of her....

No, she just wants me to believe in something, because she's worried about me.
She isn't forcing me to do anything.

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-30 17:59:38

At 8/30/07 05:54 PM, alicetheDroog wrote:
No, she just wants me to believe in something, because she's worried about me.
She isn't forcing me to do anything.

oh...heh yeah...i get er...well..i guess assumptuious? or hotheaded? or short tempered? somethin like that. yeah....parents wanting something for their children pisses me off...only cus its not necassarily what the child wants...and stuff...yeah..but worrying about someone is okay...just she doesnt have to act like you ARE gonna die from it...it's not a definant. hell, we'll all eventually die from something.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-30 18:09:22

At 8/30/07 05:59 PM, ClockworkTrashcan wrote:
oh...heh yeah...i get er...well..i guess assumptuious? or hotheaded? or short tempered? somethin like that. yeah....parents wanting something for their children pisses me off...only cus its not necassarily what the child wants...and stuff...yeah..but worrying about someone is okay...just she doesnt have to act like you ARE gonna die from it...it's not a definant. hell, we'll all eventually die from something.

I sorta feel bad, 'cause she really is worried about me...................
...........But she tried to convert me before she tried to comfort me.

.................I haven't even gotten the x-ray results back for fuck's sake!

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-30 22:20:39

Help.

...........and for the record, I was using good grammar.

Wow, i'm so sorry to hear that u might die, i truely am, but isnt there anything the doctors can put u on? i thought there were some anti-biotics for scoliosis. I hope everything turns out ok for u, but if worst comes to worse just remember dont turn into religion even when death is involved, ur an atheist in life and if unfortunately things turn out bad then u'll be an atheist in death, ur mom does know ur an atheist right?

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-30 22:24:04

At 8/30/07 06:09 PM, alicetheDroog wrote:
I sorta feel bad, 'cause she really is worried about me...................
...........But she tried to convert me before she tried to comfort me.

.................I haven't even gotten the x-ray results back for fuck's sake!

That's true, ya think comfort woulda been the first thing.
Yeah, it's nothing for sure.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-30 22:43:18

VIVAN LOS ATEOS
god doesnt exist stop lieying
or like its wrote
jebus can try tu make pinocho a real boy!

Get ur deity now!

: NOTE: if you're not seeing the image. You will need force a reload of your browser's cache, or clear it completely.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-31 03:55:12

At 8/30/07 10:20 PM, GoldOps018 wrote:
Wow, i'm so sorry to hear that u might die, i truely am, but isnt there anything the doctors can put u on? i thought there were some anti-biotics for scoliosis. I hope everything turns out ok for u, but if worst comes to worse just remember dont turn into religion even when death is involved, ur an atheist in life and if unfortunately things turn out bad then u'll be an atheist in death, ur mom does know ur an atheist right?

I just found out a couple days ago, so I don't know what they can do for it,
And I wont turn to religion.
And yeah, she knows.

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-31 16:23:19

i was just watching something on the discovery channel about demonic possession. It came to me that it's always the religious people who get possessed and not the atheists. I remember a line from the show, "those without faith open the door to the devil". Is it just me or has anyone else ever heard of an atheist being possessed?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-31 21:09:18

thought this was funny

The Atheist Army

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-08-31 22:01:07

At 8/31/07 09:09 PM, cabosetek wrote: thought this was funny

haha! that is funny and no i havent heard of an atheist being posessed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-01 13:42:14

At 8/31/07 04:23 PM, cabosetek wrote: i was just watching something on the discovery channel about demonic possession. It came to me that it's always the religious people who get possessed and not the atheists. I remember a line from the show, "those without faith open the door to the devil". Is it just me or has anyone else ever heard of an atheist being possessed?

That's because Atheists wont play along with that bullshit.

I miss my old sig )=