00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ironelmerfudd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official "I got review banned, wah"

46,593 Views | 602 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-03-13 18:35:43

can someone help me since i was banned on writing reviews cause for some reason it wont even let me read my reviews

"Target is going to be flooded with desperate NGers now."LoKoCoCo lol

BBS Signature

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-03-13 21:06:36

At 3/13/06 06:35 PM, angel_warrior_105 wrote: can someone help me since i was banned on writing reviews cause for some reason it wont even let me read my reviews

when a person is review banned as you found out the reviews are not visible to the public. I saw your name in the abus review thread and your reviews before you were banned and they weren't pretty. as for you ban you will have to wait until wade remove your review ban. it could be tomorrow it could be 8 months for now.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-03-14 02:53:48

At 3/5/06 02:20 PM, Razor_26k wrote: Wow these posts are hilarios :-)

a aggre this is a funny thread well the reviews are

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-03-17 18:41:20

well this is weird i just wroted a revieuw for a movie and it was kinda long when this error came up:
Error - you have been banned from leaving reviews in the Newgrounds Portal. Depending upon the reasons for your ban, your ban maybe lifted when one of the site administrators has had a chance to investigate the reason for your ban. If you have been repeatedly violating the rules of posting reviews, your account maybe terminated. Take this time to read through our review guidelines, so you can avoid being banned in the future. Please go back and try again.

i have no clue why i dont recal doing anything whats against the revieuw guidelines...
can some1 please help me??

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-03-17 18:43:44

At 3/17/06 06:41 PM, pfhoenix wrote: i have no clue why i dont recal doing anything whats against the revieuw guidelines...
can some1 please help me??

I gotcha covered in your other thread. :)

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-03-17 18:48:30

oo yes i totaly forgot woopsie 1st time did that and wham blammed :P peopel are fast here yeah i can sorry bout that just got a lil ticke dof i ges i ahte movies that pas the portal but are useles pieces of flash especially that 1......
anyways my bad and i ges ill just sit my time out then any idea how lng the bann is?

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-03-17 19:09:44

At 3/17/06 06:48 PM, pfhoenix wrote: any idea how lng the bann is?

There's no way of knowing. The review bans are leared whenever Wade gest around to doing so, it could be next week, it could months from now, be patient.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-03-18 01:08:01

i got banned from reviewing a couple weeks or something ago even though i havent touched any reviews at all for weeks...if somebody could tell me why i got banned id apreciate it! =)

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-03-18 03:31:02

How do you know if you're review banned? Do you receive an email or does it give you a message whenever you try to write a review?

I admit some of the things I've said could result in a ban and this isn't asking mods to now go check all my reviews for... review, but, I was just curious so I know if it happens to me, but you have my word I will be... a little more lenient in my reviews now... as much as I enjoy making fun of bad flash, I would hate to lose the privilege.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-03-25 00:19:34

At 3/18/06 01:08 AM, LoStIe wrote: i got banned from reviewing a couple weeks or something ago even though i havent touched any reviews at all for weeks...if somebody could tell me why i got banned id apreciate it! =)

still wonderin just why i got review banned...when i realised it was when i went to write a review for a flash for the first time in months nearly...

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-03-29 20:23:19

Okay, I need to know myself why I am banned. I have not been here for about two months, and the last time I was on I still had all my privilages. I have never spammed reviews, wrote offensive reviews or anything. The only thing I could think of is in one review I told err0r to stop making crappy flash, but TONS of people say that to him... So yeah, why am I banned?

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-03-29 21:33:40

At 3/29/06 08:23 PM, Gunner_45 wrote: The only thing I could think of is in one review I told err0r to stop making crappy flash, but TONS :of people say that to him.

That's probably why.

Tons of people say that to him because they do not know proper review etiquette. Generally, it's not a good idea to base your reviews on other people's behavior in the portal.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-03-30 17:30:38

I know what you are going at, but that is only one time. I don't think there was a reason for me to get banned for saying that once ... I really don't care too much about getting banned, I just want to know why.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-06 18:04:44

I know why i was banned and all, but it wasnt fair. I had ONE abusive review, and all of a sudden the Robot Rangers go gung ho and mark all my reviews abusive. Even good ones!!! Just cuz the abusive review was on their flash. . . . . . just aint fair I tellz ya, just aint fair :( .

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-14 19:30:57

Ok, I've been banned for like 3 months now... This is getting ridiculous.

BBS Signature

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-14 19:36:00

At 3/29/06 08:23 PM, Gunner_45 wrote: So yeah, why am I banned?

Hmm, not sure. Everyone knows error is an asshat, it's been common knowledge for a while. I can't see much that's banworthy to be honest, I guess you'll just have to wait it out. Unless you did something on an under judgment flash that I can't see, your record seems clean enough. Sorry I can't help you more.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-16 23:56:19

I was very dissappointed when I had my ability to review revoked a short time ago. I have almost always provided well thought out and constructive reviews for more than a year now. My guess is it was for that review I left for another Fat Badger movie he shits out on the portal every few minutes or so. Instead of swearing repeatedly and threatening to kill his family like everyone else does in the review space, I posted a sarcastic review mocking his desire to show us how much bigger a penis he has for trying to strain NG's bandwidth by flooding it with worthless, blammable flash.

As far as I was concerned I did not break the rules more than the guys before and after me who threatened to kill his (in the far future) children and rape his dog. Why do I get the bucket for leaving a half serious review for another Barney Bunch film, whereas they and their friends spam the portal with shitty films and don't even have to worry about getting IP banned for it?

I understand it when some n00b repeatedly floods the review panel with inane messages gets banned, but when someone who has been reviewing fairly for longer than a year receives the same treatment, shouldn't you think that this is a little unfair? I understand that this system isn't as extreme as say, in the SA forums where you get banned for the slightest whim of the mods, and have to pay 9 bucks to get back in, but it doesn't change the fact that it is still, very much flawed.

I am not going to beg whoever is in charge of this stuff to lift my ban. I only want to hear from them explaining to me what the exact reason behind the ban, and deleting all my reviews was, and if possible, tell me whether all the reviews I have written throughout the past year are gone for good, and when will I be able to review again.

I hope somebody sensible out there read this, in which case, thank you for your time.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-17 01:02:43

At 4/16/06 11:56 PM, Veerwhil wrote: My guess is it was for that review I left for another Fat Badger movie he shits out on the portal every few minutes or so.

lmao then you deserved it.

have a sense of humor when you write a review chump

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-17 07:09:49

ive been review banned for a while now...can anybody please tell me why ive been banned? i mean ive seen so many mad movies in the portal and none i can give credit to =(

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-17 09:48:22

At 4/17/06 07:09 AM, LoStIe wrote: ive been review banned for a while now...can anybody please tell me why ive been banned?

Probably for repeatedly saying that flash is "fucking awesome" and little else.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-17 09:59:16

Best Thread EVER!

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-17 12:28:55

I did got,with no reason,i mean wtf...i din't even abuse it!PLEASE MOOODSSS UNBANN MEEEEE *Cry

Signatures are for sissy men

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-17 14:34:31

At 4/17/06 12:28 PM, Raul11 wrote: I did got,with no reason,i mean wtf...i din't even abuse it!PLEASE MOOODSSS UNBANN MEEEEE *Cry

They can't unban you even if you didn't deserve the ban (which is unlikely)...they can only look through your review history and tell you likely reasons you got banned.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-17 15:37:02

Like..theres some with caps lock all but ive benn banned for FUCKING 6 MONTHS!O my god!

Signatures are for sissy men

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-17 18:45:16

At 4/17/06 03:37 PM, Raul11 wrote: Like..theres some with caps lock all but ive benn banned for FUCKING 6 MONTHS!O my god!

Tomorrow you'll have been banned for one month at the very most.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-18 03:24:18

At 4/17/06 09:48 AM, jonthomson wrote:
Probably for repeatedly saying that flash is "fucking awesome" and little else.

well that makes sense i guess...lol thanks for that dude

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-18 20:16:47

At 4/18/06 08:12 PM, Medinus wrote: Also, all my review history is gone..

That's part of the ban. You didn't lose all your reviews, you just can't see them.

Will i be banned forever?

No, not forever. Only until Wade gets a chance to check your reviews. And beware, you will be in for a long, LONG< LONG wait. Because if you ran a company for a site, and you had so much to do, would you stop just to check one user's reviews?

Well, technically, it would depend who that user would be.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-19 12:22:29

Well, glad to know if I'm review banned, it will be lifted, and my account won't be terminated. Plus, I planned to retire writing reviews at 100, so I won't mind. I'm posting this because for the two or three reviews that I gave that were bad were probably mass voted abusive by the infamously gay glocks, trying to ban me. What a pathetic attempt to "get revenge" at me. I could care less.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-19 19:43:14

At 4/18/06 08:12 PM, Medinus wrote: Also, all my review history is gone.. Will i be banned forever?

You won't be banned forever. Your review history is also not banned, it's merely hidden from public view while you are banned. This is to prevent the situation we used to have where link spammers could just spam and then even though they are banned, their link spam was still active. I've not looked at your ban so will not comment on it, I'm just clarifying this point.

Response to Official "I got review banned, wah" 2006-04-21 23:01:18

Christ I forgot all about this until today...yea I got carried away and insulted an author so I totally deserve it.I'll tone it down.