00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

One Piece Crew

78,744 Views | 1,903 Replies

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-15 22:16:56

I just wanted to say that I'm really happy because in the dub edition (I know it stinks but I watch it anyway) the straw hat crew are almost at there first encounter with Tony Chopper. Even though they have completely skipped the whole little garden arc I don't care. By the way, in past three weeks how many have joined this crew anyway?

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-16 19:28:08

lets see o ya this post comes late to because I WAS GONE FOR A WEEK and my last post came 2 days late BECAUSE I WAS GONE FOR TWO DAYS my life is more than the computer and stop bad mouthing what i say

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-16 19:29:41

and i already knew everything you stated so don't say you know why i say things

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-16 19:58:51

At 8/16/05 07:28 PM, TwilightLegend wrote: lets see o ya this post comes late to because I WAS GONE FOR A WEEK and my last post came 2 days late BECAUSE I WAS GONE FOR TWO DAYS my life is more than the computer and stop bad mouthing what i say

Wow. Someone has an attitude.

Listen, I already said to drop it. Furthermore, it was not I who started this little, 'feud', it was you. I never tried to talk to you in the first place; it was you who became nasty for no apparent reason. Are you telling me I can't defend myself from your foolish tirade against my attempt to help people?

Then, after I had made it clear that you were the one who showed hostility towards me, you have the nerve to come and say that it was only a "more direct attempt to get me to join." Who's business is it who joins or not? It is the leader of the crew's, NOT yours.
But you know what I did? I left it at that. I explained why I was angry and then I said to drop it, when you were the one to attack me in the first place.

And don't try to attack someone who was defending me. He obviously was doing so because he felt that my cause was more fair and if you attack him of this reason then I shall have to defend him too, because your reason for attacking him is no different from when you attacked mine.

I shall say one more time; drop it. And if you don't I will see it as a clear attempt of hostility on your part. Everyone here will see it. I believe that you were the first one who posted my name in a post and directly attacked me.

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-16 20:05:38

At 8/16/05 07:29 PM, TwilightLegend wrote: and i already knew everything you stated so don't say you know why i say things

Uh, yeah, that made perfect sense. I haven't an idea what you were refering to just now. Next time you 'attempt to make an argument,' please try to include more facts, quotes, and reasons behind your dispute.

As for "knowing why you say things," I don't believe I said anything of the sort. I said I assumed that you were being impolite because of a reason. You were hostile for something that didn't concern you. If you didn't like my information and did not have something nice to say about it, then the polite, intelligent thing to do would have been to keep it to yourself. That's according to common knowledge. It was not your responsiblity to tell me where I could post. Next ime, read more carefully someone elses post through common courtesy, and refrain from making me post aGAIN my reasons for defending MYSELF against your argument. I don't want to mess up this board as it is for the One Piece Crew and I came intending to have intelligent, useful conversation with people on the topic and not to mingle with the likes of you.

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-16 20:12:06

At 8/15/05 08:18 PM, Thief_at_Dusk wrote:
At 8/15/05 06:55 PM, Sephirona wrote:

Anyways, I don't think that it is proper to start a dispute in an area such as this. This is where we are supposed to share information on One Piece, and I don't feel that we should continue this arguement.
With that said...does anyone collect One Piece figurines? I love those. O_o
thief_at_dusk: yea its better to drop the whole thing and instead, live in harmony,(like thatll ever happen :-)
yea i got one figurine, zoro
i want more like a figurine of captain kuro and sanji
sanji kicks butt and i love kuro's stealth walk,
im just tryin to write enough to meet the requirement for percntage of quote to percentage of what i wrote (you had a bunch on your mind seriphona)

Yeah, Zoro is awesome! I have a plushie of him. He's so fuzzy and fun to hug. xD
I also have a few figurines and this magnet of him that came with a piece of candy that looked like a lifesaver. xD

I could have gotten a Sanji fugure but I chose Luffy instead. O_O He's so awesome.
Kuro is really cool, I agree. But I don't know if they have too many figures of him, he's not a complete main character. They might though, he's pretty spiffy. ;)

Oh, yes, well I happen to believe that I should thoroughly convey my thoughts on subjects that concern me(When they usually shouldn't have.). But thanks. xDD

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-16 20:22:54

At 8/15/05 10:16 PM, the_dude12345 wrote: I just wanted to say that I'm really happy because in the dub edition (I know it stinks but I watch it anyway) the straw hat crew are almost at there first encounter with Tony Chopper. Even though they have completely skipped the whole little garden arc I don't care. By the way, in past three weeks how many have joined this crew anyway?

I'm not going to spoil anything for you, but I'll just say that that part is awesome. It's ok that you can't see it in the original voicing, but it should be enjoyable enough to...look at them move. xD They do seem to cut out a lot of parts in the dubbed version.

A good number of people seem to have joined, but you'll have to ask the leader to find an exact number, I guess. xD

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-17 11:09:25

It seems One Piece is popular on Cartoon Network because starting next week at 10/e 9/c One Piece is on Mondays through Thursdays.

Great, more shit on TV.

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-17 16:41:14

IT WASNT HOSTILITY BUT IF YOU WANT HOSTILITY HERE IT IS

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-17 17:29:42

At 8/17/05 04:41 PM, TwilightLegend wrote: IT WASNT HOSTILITY BUT IF YOU WANT HOSTILITY HERE IT IS

its over,
it was over like 2 days ago, where were you not to reply for 48 hours?
just drop it,
your just makin matters worse,
your makin a fool of yourself, seriphona said she'd drop it why dont you

you stayed in the fire for too long, now watch as you burn

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-17 20:23:05

At 8/17/05 05:29 PM, Thief_at_Dusk wrote:
At 8/17/05 04:41 PM, TwilightLegend wrote: IT WASNT HOSTILITY BUT IF YOU WANT HOSTILITY HERE IT IS
its over,
it was over like 2 days ago, where were you not to reply for 48 hours?
just drop it,
your just makin matters worse,
your makin a fool of yourself, seriphona said she'd drop it why dont you

you stayed in the fire for too long, now watch as you burn

It's ok if he wasn't to reply, because it doesn't matter anyway. Sure it wasn't his fault that he couldn't come on. But to come back and try to continue something that he started that is completely pointless? How immature. Just let the inimical fool do what he wants, everyone can see that he's making a fool of himself. Fighting on like a little child, so typical of people these days. You started this, why do you intend to keep going when I'm the one who should be angry that you attacked me first?I didn't care. I don't want to continue like a little child. Now that you've made it clear that you want to childishly continue a pointless 'fight', everyone here can see your immaturity. Wow.

To make the point clear, you started with hostility anyway. Like I will repeat for the umpteenth time, you were the one who came and told me that I shouldn't post if I wasn't part of the club. Is it your job to tell people that? Are you the leader of the club? No. So mind your own business. I'll say that in a way that maybe you'll understand. It's the leader of the club's right to tell me I can't post, and as I was intending to help and have made it clear that I want to be a part of this club, I can stay here. People like you shouldn't interfere with the enjoyment of this entire club. I came here to make friends and talk about One Piece, and I'll say it again; I don't mingle with the likes of people like you. Stop talking to me.

I'm not even going to say "Thank you for your cooperation" because I know he's just going to try to fight again. -sigh-

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-17 20:25:32

At 8/17/05 11:09 AM, BatDan wrote: It seems One Piece is popular on Cartoon Network because starting next week at 10/e 9/c One Piece is on Mondays through Thursdays.

Great, more shit on TV.

The little kids are brainwashed. T_T It's probably cool to them, but they don't truly understand how horrible it is compared to the original...

They're getting to the poor children. T_T

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-18 10:40:50

see i wouldn't continue but your the one saying insults over and over again

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-18 19:33:14

At 8/18/05 10:40 AM, TwilightLegend wrote: see i wouldn't continue but your the one saying insults over and over again

Actually, everything I've been saying is in the defense of myself and my friend. If you didn't want to continue you wouldn't have continued to post offensive and hostile comments. Do I have to reapeat again that you were the one who started this? You should be apologizing, otherwise I can plainly see it as a clear denial of your wrongdoing.

Anyways, when do any of you think that One Piece figurines will be coming to the U.S? Or the DVDs for that matter, I brought this funny little OVA with a 'Jango Dansu Paatii' (Jango Dance Party) sort of thing. It was interesting but not part of the T.V. series, and I wondered if it would come here.

But I don't think One Piece is as popular as it could have been if it were translated without cutting so much material out. I mean, Sanji with a lollipop? That was horrible. I don't encourage smoking, but they lost much of the feel of One Piece with their inadequate translations. -_-;

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-18 21:28:29

At 8/18/05 07:33 PM, Sephirona wrote

Actually, everything I've been saying is in the defense of myself and my friend.
Anyways, when do any of you think that One Piece figurines will be coming to the U.S? Or the DVDs for that matter, I brought this funny little OVA with a 'Jango Dansu Paatii' (Jango Dance Party) sort of thing. It was interesting but not part of the T.V. series, and I wondered if it would come here.

your friend, is that me :)
oh yea and i had to buy my zoro figurine online, thats trouble for many

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-19 08:27:55

I don't collect figurines. It makes me look dumb, sorry to say.

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-19 15:55:18

K-F recently released 158.

In other news 4Kids continues to be douchbags as some people in New Zealand who have gotten the episodes before us have said some scary things about the dub.

Robin is southern because she wears a Cowboy hat when you first see her.

Wapol (the main villan of the Drum Island arc) is Russian.

Chopper hasn't been introduced yet but will most likely be gangsta. If you look on the AP forums, one of the guys sigs is "Rappin' Chopper"

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-19 21:22:03

At 8/18/05 09:28 PM, Thief_at_Dusk wrote: At 8/18/05 07:33 PM, Sephirona wrote

Actually, everything I've been saying is in the defense of myself and my friend.
your friend, is that me :)
oh yea and i had to buy my zoro figurine online, thats trouble for many

Yesh, mah buddy. xD
I went straight to Hong Kong to get mine. O.o
Just kidding, I happened to be there to catch my flight back, and I got to buy figurines in the three days I stayed...it was fun. They have a lot of game merchandise and anime there. Yummy....

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-19 21:24:48

At 8/19/05 08:27 AM, BatDan wrote: I don't collect figurines. It makes me look dumb, sorry to say.

Aw, that's too bad. It kind of makes me happy to have official figurines of my favorite characters in my room. Sure, they stare back but don't...do...anything...but if I just had wallscrolls or nothing at all for that matter...my room would be a boring place. It's fun having a multicolored room full of small people. xD And besides, staring at my figurines helps me with my drawing. I love to practice my art techniques. O.o

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-19 21:27:23

At 8/19/05 08:27 AM, BatDan wrote: I don't collect figurines. It makes me look dumb, sorry to say.

What? You...i...and...just What?! How does that make you look dumb?! You start a crew...you keep up regularly with the mana, and the origins of not only the manga, but the translators and the original scripts of the show, and the original voice-overs...what the hell is collecting a few figurines going to do?

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-19 21:27:51

At 8/19/05 03:55 PM, BatDan wrote: K-F recently released 158.

In other news 4Kids continues to be douchbags as some people in New Zealand who have gotten the episodes before us have said some scary things about the dub.

That figures, doesn't it? -_-

Robin is southern because she wears a Cowboy hat when you first see her.

Yeah, I thought so. Although I couldn't tell from the Japanese voice because I don't think you can speak with a southern accent in Japanese unless you tried really hard...

Wapol (the main villan of the Drum Island arc) is Russian.

Again, couldn't tell in the Japanese voicing. xD

Chopper hasn't been introduced yet but will most likely be gangsta. If you look on the AP forums, one of the guys sigs is "Rappin' Chopper"

Chopper is awesome! I won't spoil anything about him though. But the episodes in which you meet him are some of my favorites of the series, besides the ones in the beginning. ^_^

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-19 22:07:52

At 8/19/05 09:22 PM, Sephirona wrote:
Yesh, mah buddy. xD
I went straight to Hong Kong to get mine. O.o
Just kidding, I happened to be there to catch my flight back, and I got to buy figurines in the three days I stayed...it was fun. They have a lot of game merchandise and anime there. Yummy....

(giggle, Blush, and everything in between)
thanks, i guess
i thought chopper was italian
and listen to my voice sample, it the link above my profile:)

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-20 11:06:23

Oh, hilarity. I sat down to some FoxBox OnePiece this morning during breakfast and it was the episode where Nami gets hit with severe fever.

Then, Luffy and Usopp are foolin' around and Vivi flips out at them and goes,
"GOOD GRIEF. STOP FOOLING AROUND YOU BLOCKHEADS."

Lolz, what in the hell were those translators thinking?

One Piece Crew

BBS Signature

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-20 11:23:41

Well, I've got some things to confirm for the dub.

Robin is indeed Southern.
Mr. 2 Bon Clay has the Bon Clay removed and is still a man, even though his voice is Cajun (which I wasn't expecting at all.)
The part where Sanji finds an Eternal Pose to Arabasta was in Little Garden and the whole arc was cut. So they changed the scene to Vivi remembering she had an Eternal Pose
Nami's disease (which she got from a deadly bug in Little Garden) was changed to "Grand Line Fever"

Wapol is next week, most likely his Baku Baku no Mi will be the Chew Chew Fruit since his Devil Fruit power allows him to eat anything.

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-20 11:40:35

At 8/20/05 11:06 AM, TheDefenestrator wrote:

lol, thats a funny pic, Good Grief, ha ha ha

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-21 11:49:24

Does anyone have any websites where I can learn Japanese?

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-21 16:00:02

no but you can learn through school programs

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-21 19:23:01

i luv one piece can i join?

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-21 19:55:25

At 8/20/05 11:40 AM, Thief_at_Dusk wrote:
At 8/20/05 11:06 AM, TheDefenestrator wrote:

lol, thats a funny pic, Good Grief, ha ha ha

ROFL, is her voice that badly acted? That's horrible... T_T

I learn Japanese at school. I don't know about any good programs, sorry. =(

Response to One Piece Crew 2005-08-21 21:11:08

At 8/21/05 07:55 PM, Sephirona wrote: I learn Japanese at school. I don't know about any good programs, sorry. =(

-i would but im already learning italian
-i cant learn japanese until junior year, thats why im just not gonna take it
-just remember, italian is cool, all others are obsolete... jk