00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Software: Studios & Editors

101,438 Views | 310 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2010-02-24 16:17:04

At 3/11/06 02:37 PM, LJCoffee wrote:
At 3/2/06 03:23 PM, cc2k wrote: firstly, Is that free
Secondly, I am looking for free remixers, a programs that pros use
So let me get this right... you're looking for PRO software that is FREE....

...?...
O_o

Yeah - ok - if you ever find any please let us know...

The closest thing that I could recommend for FREE re-mixing would be "Sony Acid Express".

"LMMS is a free cross-platform alternative to commercial programs like FL Studio®, which allow you to produce music with your computer. This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of samples. You can have fun with your MIDI-keyboard and much more; all in a user-friendly and modern interface." it's not quite pro but it's still pretty good sorry if lmms was mentioned already but it works well for me I use it at school myself.

It's okay, I'm a Doctor

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2010-03-08 21:27:30

what would you say is the best for making my own techno/dance type songs/loops. Or even making a techno cover remix for a song?

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2010-03-08 21:43:57

At 10/21/09 12:04 PM, Usernamemyarse wrote: so im looking for a GOOD and FREE techno program for mac, any suggestions?

i used LMMS while i had a PC, but now, thats out of the question...

Use Garageband. That's your best bet.

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2010-03-20 19:22:36

you forgot the Protools!

that's pretty awesome, and not that simplicated shit as FL studio.

No music, no life.

No life, no good.

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2010-04-02 17:47:24

Is there any music making websites that are free and DON'T NEED A FREAKIN' DOWNLOAD?!?!?

You cannot kill me. After all, you can't kill what isn't alive.

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2010-04-02 19:04:44

At 4/2/10 05:47 PM, MadnessBomber wrote: Is there any music making websites that are free and DON'T NEED A FREAKIN' DOWNLOAD?!?!?

Well, the advantage of "FREAKIN' DOWNLOAD" is that you can save the project and work a bit more next day, but if that is such a big effort for you, here, try The Hobnox Audiotool.

The Hobnox Audiotool is one of the finest online music making tools that we've seen thus far. This is a Flash-based application that enables you to compose using synths, a drum machine and effects from your web browser.
Despite the fact that their names are obscured by some judiciously placed 'stickers' (for copyright reasons, presumably) it's clear that the drum machine and synths in Audiotool are emulations of Roland's TR-909 and TB-303 boxes.

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2010-04-11 11:21:07

Thanks, I really needed this. :)_

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2010-04-11 15:19:37

At 4/2/10 07:04 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 4/2/10 05:47 PM, MadnessBomber wrote: Is there any music making websites that are free and DON'T NEED A FREAKIN' DOWNLOAD?!?!?
Well, the advantage of "FREAKIN' DOWNLOAD" is that you can save the project and work a bit more next day, but if that is such a big effort for you, here, try The Hobnox Audiotool.

The Hobnox Audiotool is one of the finest online music making tools that we've seen thus far. This is a Flash-based application that enables you to compose using synths, a drum machine and effects from your web browser.
Despite the fact that their names are obscured by some judiciously placed 'stickers' (for copyright reasons, presumably) it's clear that the drum machine and synths in Audiotool are emulations of Roland's TR-909 and TB-303 boxes.

No, its not a big deal for me. Its just that I can't download on the computer I'm using ( Don't ask why).
I'll be able to use the other websites when I have enough money for a computer and one of the websites ( I'm thinking about Fruity Loops).

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2010-05-07 22:11:25

Can we get PreSonus's Studio One Pro on that list?

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2010-05-10 19:55:03

Anything else that doesn't need a download, and is free?
Because if there isn't, then I don't think I'll be able to do anything for a while...

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2010-06-15 21:26:55

I've been using Ableton Live 6.0.1 and a Presonus Firepod to record my band's album. It's a really great studio, in my experience, and all the work we've done on it has sounded pretty clean and clear so far. I heard that it's great to use Ableton to record, but use Cubase to mix. I have a free version of Cubase that came with the Firepod, and it kinda seems LAME to me. Does anyone have experience using a full version of Cubase that can compare it to mixing on Ableton Live?

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2010-10-09 16:43:22

I don't see REAPER (by cockos) on the list. Sorry if someone's already posted about it. It's a very good mixer and very affordable at $60 for a non-commercial license.

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2010-10-10 07:22:50

Hey guys, if u recording songs with guitars then which way is better to receive clean dist. guitar?
Im just using Guitar + cable + amplitube. its not that clean. sounds more like underground.

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2010-11-10 01:07:35

For those looking into Renoise, it is currently only 58.00 euro (~$80). The OP listed it as $500 (which may have been the case a few years ago?) Not bad for a professional tracker at that price point.

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2011-02-06 10:50:53

how exactally are you suppose to get music on the audicity like piano im using version i dont know

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2011-02-06 11:57:03

At 10/9/10 04:43 PM, http404error wrote: I don't see REAPER (by cockos) on the list. Sorry if someone's already posted about it. It's a very good mixer and very affordable at $60 for a non-commercial license.

seconded! The routing/matricing is super handy! Pretty good for recording too, Sound On Sound have even recently adopted it for their articles!

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2011-02-10 01:11:02

good i wanna try em all

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2011-03-11 01:39:57

any of them convert MIDI files to make them sound more realistic? I use Sibelius 5 to make my scores but all the instruments sound MIDI and I would like to make my music sound more realistic sounding. I can not play any real instruments (I am working on that.. sooner or later.) And I tried downloading some VST things but they all sound crappy. So anyone have any suggestions. Preferably one that is free. Please and thank you.

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2011-03-28 23:36:59

Do any programs exist that allow me to record internally? To be specific, I'm trying to sample some gunshot sounds from Madness Interactive for a song I'm working on, but I don't know of any programs that allow me to do that, other than Audacity, which for some reason crashes every time I try to open it. It doesn't even open, just pops up with a message that says "Audacity has stopped working." Can anyone give me an alternative, or advice on how to correct my Audacity problem? Thanks in advance.

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2011-04-09 15:02:42

Is there anything that has these three things;
1. Its free
2. you don't have to download
3. You can make Gabber
If there is, I need to know what it is really soon.

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2011-04-09 17:40:54

At 4/9/11 03:02 PM, MadnessBomber wrote:

Everything is download now. Why would you want ot buy / ship a box to your house? you'll just lose the disk anyways.

I haven't bought a physical box of software (besides windows) for like 5 years now

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2011-04-09 19:48:33

At 4/9/11 05:40 PM, brokendeck wrote:
At 4/9/11 03:02 PM, MadnessBomber wrote:
Everything is download now. Why would you want ot buy / ship a box to your house? you'll just lose the disk anyways.

Well, I use a computer that is really new to me and, if I download, I'm afraid it'll get a virus or something. I try to avoid anything downloadable until I know its safe. I'm trying to keep this computer alive, not have it desroyed from a virus (unlike the last one I used).

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2011-07-22 15:07:00

At 5/14/05 02:33 PM, Elvizo wrote: do anybody know how to Upload your own Music in Nwegrounds its ipossible :P

Yes! On the audio Portal page, click Submit! at the top. Then follow the directions

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2011-07-22 15:10:55

At 3/28/11 11:36 PM, JackRocker wrote: Do any programs exist that allow me to record internally? To be specific, I'm trying to sample some gunshot sounds from Madness Interactive for a song I'm working on, but I don't know of any programs that allow me to do that.

GarageBand will do this.

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2011-09-18 10:40:11

I've read this whole thing and I can't believe no one has mentioned MODPlug. It's a free tracker and comes with some built in samples--pianos, drums, guitars, etc but they aren't the greatest. And, as I discovered last night, goes pretty well with this free synth plugin, SuperWave P8. Both tools, however, might look pretty intimidating to a new artist once you open them.
MODPlug has an optional starter kit download here (direct download link).

The whole great thing about trackers (or at least this one), is that you can open up and module file (which includes the music files from games like Dues Ex and Unreal Tournament), and rip the samples right out. Don't know if you should though. You can find lots of mod files at the original Traxinspace backup for studying how they were made (or samples, your choice).

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2011-10-19 08:48:18

I have Reason 5 and FL Studio. Both are great.

Here be dragons... No... Just kidding. That's a wall, I do believe.

//ROMULUS\\

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2011-10-19 14:11:13

At 9/18/11 10:40 AM, Tydusis wrote: I've read this whole thing and I can't believe no one has mentioned MODPlug. It's a free tracker and comes with some built in samples--pianos, drums, guitars, etc but they aren't the greatest. And, as I discovered last night, goes pretty well with this free synth plugin, SuperWave P8. Both tools, however, might look pretty intimidating to a new artist once you open them.
MODPlug has an optional starter kit download here (direct download link).

ModPlug Tracker is the first program I started making music with, and I still regret it. Probably because by then I didn't know shit about producing, I just knew music theory. I think that now I would totally own that program, but I'll never use it again. Ever.

well maybe once for nostalgia

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2011-11-13 11:45:20

For all that is holy, I find these gems:
1) LoopBe1, effectively a MIDI port emulator. Can't tell if shareware or not.
2) VMIDIJoY. Turns a joystick into a MIDI device and it's freeware :D

Get #2 before it dies of old age, as it's from 2003. Works with win7 64-bit, so it should work with any other windows (sorry no mac). Interface is a bit clunky but works.

Together, they make my PS3 controller a real-time knob turner and slider for my VST plugins, pushing the boundaries of freedom even more. My face looks like Tom Fulp's Halloween candy right now...

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2011-12-18 22:40:04

I don't understand can some or all of these programs be used to create your own music from lets say automaticly generated music which can then be mixed. If none of these do that could you suggest one to me?

Thanks
EmeraldWolf

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2011-12-18 22:42:57

At 12/18/11 10:40 PM, EmeraldWolf wrote: I don't understand can some or all of these programs be used to create your own music from lets say automaticly generated music which can then be mixed. If none of these do that could you suggest one to me?

Thanks
EmeraldWolf

magix music maker or some shit

don't upload music made from loops you didnt make to NG

p.s. i am gay