00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Software: Studios & Editors

101,361 Views | 310 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-01-22 19:09:03

At 1/15/06 08:17 AM, ctrlalt_deal wrote: all these things are handy... but audacity is the one that im trying to use, and it saves it as .aup so it is useless in flash, is there a converter that can fix this?

Yes. Google the lame.enc library for Audacity. Then choose Export to Mp3 with Audacity and then you find lame.enc. Done and done.

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-02-22 17:30:01

Currently I am using FL Studio. I find it sort of easy to use, and the sounds are great. When I say sort of easy, I mean not really because I only started using it last night! Some people say they like Reason. I tried this and found it a bit too difficult for my tastes, but then again aren't they all difficult?

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-02-22 17:35:02

I love you Denvish... no really, I do man.. this thread pwns^_^

Die...

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-03-02 15:23:59

At 5/2/05 05:08 AM, Miikro wrote: I'm using Reason 3.0

firstly, Is that free
Secondly, I am looking for free remixers, a programs that pros use or ones that you can edit and excisting song too your liking, like Metal Gear May Cry. Can anyone help me with this?

Thirdly, I downloaded that Quartz Audio Master, but when I installed it then ran it said it had a missin .DLL file called WMDVI or something like that. If you want to know, I have a Windows ME Operating system.

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-03-10 13:18:21

What do you guys think, which program would be the best for making music?

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-03-11 14:29:55

At 3/10/06 01:18 PM, FlashMaker06 wrote: What do you guys think, which program would be the best for making music?

Reason is the best one out there.

And if you decide to buy it, you can get the Rebirth 2 and lots and lots of free samples aka Refills plus updates and other usefull stuff for free form propellerheads.de .

Internet is in danger |[]| Proof of the plans to destroy the internet.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-03-11 14:37:05

At 3/2/06 03:23 PM, cc2k wrote: firstly, Is that free
Secondly, I am looking for free remixers, a programs that pros use

So let me get this right... you're looking for PRO software that is FREE....

...?...
O_o

Yeah - ok - if you ever find any please let us know...

The closest thing that I could recommend for FREE re-mixing would be "Sony Acid Express".

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-03-19 21:54:11

does any of this involve actually recording stuff, or can i compose music on the PC?

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-03-24 18:21:03

wow i just sued reason and man its f**king powerful alright geez i wish i found out about it earlier now with fl6 and reason ill be able to mash them into one and create a musical hybrid muahahaha

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-04-08 12:10:35

anvilstudio kicks ass. thanks, denvish

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-05-13 13:15:50

Garageband Free on iLife (iLife is $79)
The best way to record music on a Mac is now the best way to record podcasts. Podcasting in GarageBand 3 puts you in the control room of your own full-featured radio station. And new iWeb integration gets your voice on the Internet in minutes.

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-05-13 19:49:06

what program do you use to make your audio.

My Site

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-05-15 07:58:29

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-05-15 08:00:41

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-06-08 11:58:42

where can i find wave's and all that?

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-06-15 14:32:40

what is the best program to use to make rock/metal/heavy metal songs with?

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-06-15 14:44:14

At 6/15/06 02:32 PM, Stryden_Kamal wrote: what is the best program to use to make rock/metal/heavy metal songs with?

Please re-read the first couple of posts by topic starter Denvish.

Ask yourself a couple of questions while you´re at it; What kind of music do i want to make (rock/metal/heavy metal songs u said...)? Do i want to use LIVE instruments and record? How fat is my wallet? What do other people use to make their music (you could PM your faourite NG AP artist or check out some old thread like thisone or maybe thisone). There are more threads like this throuout the AF abyss, if you´re interested in older once, i suggest you use the searchbar and quest for it :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-06-16 19:13:33

well i would like to get one that has samples of some sort. no recording, some exporting is acceptable. mainly for rock/metal music. and money is no object, what would be the best one for all that?

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-06-16 19:19:42

So you´re not gonna record at all?

Well, I guess Propellerheads Reason3.0 comes in mind, since you cannot record in that program alone :) However, Reason comes with two really really good basic soundbanks, and also a distortion unit that´s really kickass.
There are two samplers wich you can put in samples you come across.
Also, the propellerheads webpage has loads of good free soundbanks with loads of different samples and presets and whatever.

However, Reason migh be more suited making techno-style electronic music, but I know many ppl who use reason for loads of other kind of music as well.
Go get youself a demo!!!

Reason 3.0 is somewhere around 300US$....

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-06-16 19:45:05

im only posting on here because im a new member here and i just started getting into flash and i want to try out the music department as well. just started learning flash last night

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-06-16 19:57:03

Alright man, that sounds cool. Well, i belive you are looking for some fairly easy software to make your music with then, and i can still recomend Reason in that case. Also Fruity Loops is good for beginners.

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-06-26 11:03:52

GarageBand is a program base on a $1,000 professional recording program called Logic, which Apple acquired from a company called Emagic after buying it in 2002. As a result, GarageBand is one of the most powerful recording studio programs ever. As another result, it is a power hog. It comes free on every mac computer that you buy today. I took great care in listening on the radio and realized that all of the songs that I heard could theoretically have been made with GarageBand. Try it out. Apple may have it for download on their website but I don't think so.

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-06-26 11:13:28

just a quick note:

i have sonar. it is by far the best home recording studio program available today with cubase in a very close second. but sonar is definitly worth the $700. you'll never need anything else for studio grade recordings. of course you can't tell that by listening to my stuff 'cause i suck!

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-07-10 09:07:01

O_O I think I'm going to do it..

I'm going to buy reason!
Sure, i'll go bankrupt, but who cares, it'll pay fer itself!

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-07-10 11:17:22

At 6/26/06 11:13 AM, mhb wrote: just a quick note:

i have sonar. it is by far the best home recording studio program available today with cubase in a very close second. but sonar is definitly worth the $700. you'll never need anything else for studio grade recordings. of course you can't tell that by listening to my stuff 'cause i suck!

Everyone who knows the two programs have their own opinion. I've used both, and although it was a tough decision, I went with Cubase. It has the best VST compatability there is, and most people feel it's GUI is easier to navigate (although that is subjective). In terms of included plugins however, Sonar beats Cubase hands down.

The fact is, both programs have their strengths and weaknesses, and making the statement that one is better than the other is like saying "Apples are better than oranges". It's all in one's opinion and taste. That said, both are very strong programs and most people would be very happy with either one. I wish more people on newgrounds explored outside the Reason and Cubase combo.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-07-10 11:23:13

For the next few weeks I'm going to try and avoid even touching a computer for making music (unless it's to dump SYSEX data to my synths...I hate programming patches on a one line LCD screen).

I'm going to try and write some stuff just using my recently accquirde W-30 with it's built in sequencer, and im going to slave my CZ-1000 synth to it. It shall be interesting.

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-07-10 11:47:09

Be sure to put the stuff you write up on Newgrounds! I'd be interested in hearing it.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-07-10 11:48:55

At 7/10/06 11:47 AM, DavidOrr wrote: Be sure to put the stuff you write up on Newgrounds! I'd be interested in hearing it.

Will do!

I'm going to see if I can get some kind of glitchy/IDM-esque stuff happening...will certainly be strange to do with a step sequencer and no real facility for slicing beats >_>

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-07-10 14:40:33

Is there any software (preferably free) which will allow someone like me, with no musical talent or instruments other than my computer, to create totally mind blowing soundtracks? I mean, something which would come with like 200 or so pre-set instruments and sounds to string together into something really fun-kay? Thanks to anyone who replies =)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Studios & Editors 2006-07-10 16:41:01

Well, in short, no.

There is some free software listed in the sticky which is pretty powerful for the price (free), but if you want to make "totally mind blowing soundtracks", you're gonna need to invest in a lot different software and sound samples.

To start, check out the free software buzz.

BBS Signature