00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,625 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-13 17:08:37

At 10/13/08 04:13 PM, TMM43 wrote: I am so beyond angry right now!

Have you tried the Image Line forums yet?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-13 17:16:59

At 10/13/08 05:08 PM, S3C wrote:

No, but I'm sure they're not going to help much.

I'll still give it a try though.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-13 17:42:02

At 10/13/08 05:16 PM, TMM43 wrote:
At 10/13/08 05:08 PM, S3C wrote:
No, but I'm sure they're not going to help much.

I'll still give it a try though.

why do you say that?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-13 19:15:13

can anyone tell me what nexus 2 is like please, ive just bought it and want to know what you lot think of it. cheers

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-13 19:19:37

At 10/13/08 07:15 PM, XtremeSounds wrote: can anyone tell me what nexus 2 is like please, ive just bought it and want to know what you lot think of it. cheers

You just bought it and dont know what its like ?

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-13 19:43:42

At 10/13/08 07:19 PM, Envy wrote:
At 10/13/08 07:15 PM, XtremeSounds wrote: can anyone tell me what nexus 2 is like please, ive just bought it and want to know what you lot think of it. cheers
You just bought it and dont know what its like ?

ive read up on it and had a look what it can do but i just wanted to know what everyone else thought about it

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-13 20:25:54

Okay. I've got FL Studio 8. In the sidebar there are all the folders such as "Packs" and other folders that open up. "Packs" is the one with a lot of preset instruments in it, but are there any other folders, containing premade arps, instruments, etc, in the same sidebar? Where are all the other instruments hidden?! Thanks

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-14 05:36:23

At 10/13/08 08:25 PM, Ninjor wrote: Okay. I've got FL Studio 8. In the sidebar there are all the folders such as "Packs" and other folders that open up. "Packs" is the one with a lot of preset instruments in it, but are there any other folders, containing premade arps, instruments, etc, in the same sidebar? Where are all the other instruments hidden?! Thanks

Well, under the ''Plugin presets'' tab you can find a lot of effects, ''channel presets'' has a lot of sounds, just try and look around. If you have the demo, you will find a lot less presets.

don't know anything about FL 8 btw, still using FL 7

Meh.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-16 10:50:22

At 10/10/08 12:40 AM, scoutzero wrote: I have a question:

Is there any way for you to save a setup you used in the Fruity Mixer so it can be used later?

on the mixer go to the top left corner
go under mixer track
file
save mixer track as....
:}

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-16 16:50:10

At 10/13/08 08:25 PM, Ninjor wrote: Okay. I've got FL Studio 8. In the sidebar there are all the folders such as "Packs" and other folders that open up. "Packs" is the one with a lot of preset instruments in it, but are there any other folders, containing premade arps, instruments, etc, in the same sidebar? Where are all the other instruments hidden?! Thanks

well you know were your channels are? Well you can click Channels > add channel, and there you have a whole list of plugins (Wasp, toxic, simsynth, sytrus, 3xOsc, to name a few)

I suggest you to start playing around with sytrus and the 3xOsc :)

Hope that helps

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-17 12:44:05

Yeah so continuing on with my problem:

I re-installed FL, that worked a little, but it still spikes easily. The re-install did fix my ASIO problems, haha

I tried to post in the forums on the FL site. I registered, etc, but I said "registered users cannot post in these forums". So thats FUBAR.

So anyone have ANY idea what I can do? I'm really getting upset over this.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-18 23:12:38

not to interrupt or anthing but i was wondering if there was a way to get a soundfont that had all the sounds of the drums like in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHWer4AnY GY&feature=related
-thanks

Kylelyk: Forwards and Backwards, Over and Out.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-19 06:42:20

At 10/18/08 11:12 PM, kylelyk wrote: not to interrupt or anthing but i was wondering if there was a way to get a soundfont that had all the sounds of the drums like in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHWer4AnY GY&feature=related
-thanks

I beleive that is the FPC instrument.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-21 01:13:40

I have Fruity Loops * and I can't find good electric guitar. If anyone knows how to make it sound like a grunge guitar plz tell

tyvm

Punter75

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-21 01:15:16

At 10/21/08 01:13 AM, punter75 wrote: I have Fruity Loops * and I can't find good electric guitar. If anyone knows how to make it sound like a grunge guitar plz tell

tyvm

Punter75

Fruity Loops 8 soz

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-22 00:32:22

Fruity Loops I hate you so much. I want to kill you.

I've had this problem for a while, go back a couple pages and you'll see.
I uninstalled FL...completely. Like gone, no where to be found on my computer, and re-installed it.
I STILL HAVE THE SAME DAMN PROBLEM!

I NEED HELP!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-22 01:08:54

At 10/22/08 12:58 AM, zellers wrote:
Yeah.... that'd definitely be something to tell gol about. Post it on the IL forums. He fixed the stupid problem I was having when loading samples and time stretches in 8.02 XD

I tried to post it in the IL forums, but ran into a few problems while trying to post. I could not seem to create a new topic. I might try later...we'll see.

BTW... I'm new to these forums... how do you quote?

In image 1 you can click that.
In image 2, you can create grayed out text by doing this:

You type a colon (:) then a space then text.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-22 07:30:44

guys try a system restore back to when your fl worked.
i had the problem a while ago, did a restore and now it works. :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-22 17:32:16

Hey, awesome thread, I haven't looked through all of it yet but I have 2 questions, sorry if they've already been answered.

1. How can you take a beat that was made using several samples in the step sequencer and turn them into a single fpc track/piano roll?

2. What are the advantages/disadvantages of using FPC/piano roll compared to the step sequencer.

Thanks so much.
Cheers!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-22 17:39:51

At 10/22/08 05:32 PM, gumbootiner wrote: Hey, awesome thread, I haven't looked through all of it yet but I have 2 questions, sorry if they've already been answered.

1. How can you take a beat that was made using several samples in the step sequencer and turn them into a single fpc track/piano roll?

2. What are the advantages/disadvantages of using FPC/piano roll compared to the step sequencer.

Thanks so much.
Cheers!

1: no clue, actually, I've never really understood how to do that.
2: You can make the notes as long or as short as you want, you can immediatly change the volume of all seperate tones if you want, and I can't find any disadvantages. If you just want a constant beat, the step sequencer is a bit faster, since you just have to right-click and select ''fill in each 4 steps''.

But for more complex beats the piano roll is a lot better.

Meh.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-22 17:45:01

At 10/22/08 05:32 PM, gumbootiner wrote: Hey, awesome thread, I haven't looked through all of it yet but I have 2 questions, sorry if they've already been answered.

Thanks so much.
Cheers!

Open up a layer insrument. Open up the layer window, highlight the green lights to the left of the samples you want to put into a single piano roll, then click on set children. Then click the arrow just above the set children button and click on 'split children' this should allocate a note for each of the samples in the piano roll from C5 upwards.

Advanages - you can use the tools in the piano roll such as the slicer, strummer etc. and you can edit the whole track in one window.

Disadvantages - You can use the samples chromatically, as in you can't play actualy notes with them, only what would play if you pressed the C5 key for the sample.

Hope I understood the question, and I hope I answered it so you could understand.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-22 18:16:25

Thanks, sounds easy enough but where will i see Set Children? I'm sort of a noob.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-22 18:22:04

Hey guys, I know I'm missing something really obvious...how do I import my midi file and have it play without changing the instruments?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-22 18:47:09

Ok I have the snare/kick/cymbals set as children to a new layer and split them but the new layer seems to be empty. What am i doing wrong? Thanks again. :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-22 18:57:47

At 10/22/08 05:45 PM, xKore wrote:

Thanks so much.
Cheers!
Open up a layer instrument. Open up the layer window, highlight the green lights to the left of the samples you want to put into a single piano roll, then click on set children. Then click the arrow just above the set children button and click on 'split children' this should allocate a note for each of the samples in the piano roll from C5 upwards.

Advanages - you can use the tools in the piano roll such as the slicer, strummer etc. and you can edit the whole track in one window.

Disadvantages - You can use the samples chromatically, as in you can't play actualy notes with them, only what would play if you pressed the C5 key for the sample.

Hope I understood the question, and I hope I answered it so you could understand.

i might be able to elaborate just a bit although i have never done this myself. Hahah OK got it simple.
Step by step:
1. Open a new project, in the step sequencer right click on the Kick move down to insert and hit layer. This should have added a new sample to the step sequencer called layer.
2. Click on the layer Instrument sample and the channel setting box should come up. Now if you look at your step sequencer you should have the layer then below the kick and snare and so on. next to each sample is a little line, because you clicked on the layer the line for layer should be green. Move down and click on the line of the instruments you wanted added and they should turn green too.
3. Now move back to the channel settings window and hit set children. Above that button will be an arrow down and the word layer, click that and Hit split children.
4. Thats it now just open the panio rol for the layer instrument and starting a c5 you have all your drums you selected.

Now about the pitch, you can change it, but your limited. While in the piano roll if you go towards the bottom, you'll notice for ever note you made There is a line. Go to the left of that, its part of the panal i believe and right click. Under note properties there are a couple of things you can mess around with including pitch, Velocity, Cutoff, Resonance, Panning and release. They are all pretty neat to mess with.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-26 14:37:16

I'v set up my ASIO v2 driver on FL8 and recorded something, but i can't heard anything when i try and play it. suggestions?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-26 14:49:21

At 10/22/08 06:16 PM, gumbootiner wrote: Thanks, sounds easy enough but where will i see Set Children? I'm sort of a noob.

I hope this screenie clears it up.
First you right click the little light next to your channel names (those you want layered, obviously)
then you click set children.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-26 14:50:39

(to bring that window up, you click on your channel 'layer', the button that is.)
should have included that >.<

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-27 00:25:15

i got a question.
how do you make that sort of disorted eurogate sound?

kinda like this. starts around 0:28.

Something needs to go here.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-29 21:12:00

FL STUDIO 8 is pure pwnage :)