00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,565 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-03 01:18:26

At 10/3/08 12:39 AM, TMM43 wrote: I didn't think I'd be posting for help in here...ever. haha

Well I've been having some problems with my FL!
For some reason my FL engine buggs out on even the most minimal songs. My CPU usage shoots up to 99 for some reason.
I tried to turn down the buffer length, nothing.
I thought it might be my ram, but I have 2 GB. I tried to close some processes running on my comp while FL is running, still nothing.
I've never had this problem before...ever and all of a sudden it's happening.

Help?
Thanks

Well, this one has me stumped, mostly because there are so few specifics to it. :\ Have you tried restarting your computer yet? Also go to the Audio settings (where Buffer is) and check what Input/Output you're using (Primary Sound Output, etc.,) some of the options there on my computer cause FL to shoot up to 99 like yours is, so give that a look as well.

If this just started happening, it couldn't be your computer, I'm guessing it's a setting or something in FL, which is why I'm suggesting you restart. Hope you manage to fix it.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-03 01:35:06

At 10/2/08 11:47 PM, Hellmasker wrote:
Alright, well I was messin around with hi-hats and I was getting the sound but the problem I have now is that my hats are to short to be flanged. I have to keep them repeating and it sounds really annoying after awhile. I also tried using white noise with the 3x Osc but that didn't go so well either. Do you have any suggestions of what cymbals or other percussion instruments I can use?
Hmm, dont have any other suggestions that you could possibly use. Any reason why white noise didnt go so well? Try filtering the noise before you flange it, or apply another filter after you flange it and flange it again and see if you can moreso get the sound you want.
I have no idea why the white noise didn't go so well. I didn't try any filters but then again I don't know which one I should use or even which plug-ins are a filter. I don't have much knowledge on those but if you think that might be the problem then could you tell me a little more about filters?

(Sorry about the delayed reply)

NP. filters are basically effects that cutoff sound when it reaches a certain frequence range. Of course there's much more to it: there's a good general rundown on what filters do as well as other good stuff here on this blogpost:

http://www.basicsofedm.newgrounds.com/ne ws/post/139398

In FL, there's three main plugins for this: fruity filter, fruity free filter, and fruity love phifer (I'm not missing any right?) as well as your synth unit (presumbably 3xosc) has a built in filter too.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-03 01:42:14

and I meant Philter, not Phifer, lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-03 15:50:32

At 10/3/08 01:18 AM, Karco wrote:

Well, this one has me stumped, mostly because there are so few specifics to it. :\ Have you tried restarting your computer yet?

Yes, multiple times.

Also go to the Audio settings (where Buffer is) and check what Input/Output you're using (Primary Sound Output, etc.,)

I have messed around with that. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier. I have like 3 sound sources. "Primary" "Speaker (Realtek blah blah)" and just "Realtek digital"
I know that I've always used either the Primary or the Speakers one and both worked perfectly before this whole thing happened. When I try it now, still the same problem.

If this just started happening, it couldn't be your computer, I'm guessing it's a setting or something in FL, which is why I'm suggesting you restart. Hope you manage to fix it.

Thanks for the help Karco...but nothing you've said has seemed to fix it. :(

Someone else give it a shot? Please??

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-03 15:57:03

At 10/3/08 03:50 PM, TMM43 wrote: Someone else give it a shot? Please??

Tried re-installing FL?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-03 15:57:25

TMM43, you could reinstall FL into a new folder and then copy over your samples, plugins, and regcode, have you tried that yet?

If that doesn't work I seriously have no idea what the deal is. :\

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-03 15:59:48

At 10/3/08 03:50 PM, TMM43 wrote:

Your FL doesn't like techno. End of story.

Try Metal.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-03 16:09:32

At 10/3/08 03:57 PM, Karco wrote: TMM43, you could reinstall FL into a new folder and then copy over your samples, plugins, and regcode, have you tried that yet?

If that doesn't work I seriously have no idea what the deal is. :\

:( So much stuff to copy over. Although this seems like the best thing to do. I hope it works. Thanks Karco.

KOOOOORRRRREEEEEEEE
At 10/3/08 03:59 PM, Envy wrote:
At 10/3/08 03:50 PM, TMM43 wrote:

Your FL doesn't like techno. End of story.

Try Metal.

You're right. I should. Fuck techno, it's so easy.
Metal is where it's at!

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-03 18:01:15

At 10/3/08 01:42 AM, S3C wrote: and I meant Philter, not Phifer, lol.

LMAO! I got what you meant. So, yes, my white noise synth was a 3xOsc. I tried messing with the built in filter but I couldn't find a good balance between the flanger and the white noise. I have minimal knowledge on synthesizers as I really only make orchestral pieces so you'll have to excuse my ignorance. I took a look at that blog and it had some interesting and useful information so I'll have to try tweaking more parameters later.

I have another question, what the heck is a "gate effect"? I've seen tutorials on YouTube of how to get the "gate effect" with the Fruity Love Philter but when I listen to their samples I'm not sure of what exactly I'm supposed to be listening to.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-03 18:24:44

At 10/3/08 06:01 PM, Hellmasker wrote: I have another question, what the heck is a "gate effect"? I've seen tutorials on YouTube of how to get the "gate effect" with the Fruity Love Philter but when I listen to their samples I'm not sure of what exactly I'm supposed to be listening to.

The gate effect is when you have a synth that is run by a controller of some sort, so that the sound comes from the synth, to the controller, and out the speakers. The controller is the gate; and whenever the controller is playing a note, it lets sound out of the synth with the gate on it. It's really cool stuff, and definitely should be experimented with.

Just follow that tutorial you found and you'll have yourself a new toy. (I never used it too much because it was kind of a bitch to set up, I never got used to it)

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-04 22:57:01

Guys, if your FL Studio's are really acting strange, go to your start menu, programs, Image Line, FL Studio, then find the 'Restore Default Settings' or 'Reset Settings' or whatever it is, and click it. I have weird glitches happen sometimes but that usually fixes it.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-04 22:59:28

Also, if your CPU is really acting up on a song, go to (in FL Studio) Tools, Macros, then Smart Disable for Plug ins. It helps a lot.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-05 11:45:07

I have FL Studio 8 and it wont play ANY packs or presets!
This is unbelievable!!! I can't have any drums or anything! I changed all of the sound settings and it still wont work!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-05 12:14:43

Can you hear any sound in the program or is it just the packs?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-05 12:26:53

Also, How do I load and use N64 USF libraries and Sega Genesis instruments and NES 8 bit instruments in FL Studio?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-05 12:28:07

At 10/5/08 12:14 PM, Klasmus wrote: Can you hear any sound in the program or is it just the packs?

just the packs

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-05 13:23:15

I think my computer needs the 674f codec but I can't find it on the net. It might be also known as the Vorbis OGG codec, but it still doesn't work after I installed the Vista codec pack. I also tried to manually install the OGG codec but it said it wasn't compatible with 32 bit systems.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-05 16:28:39

A goofy question:

How do you get FL Chan to show up in your FL projects? Is she a plugin of some sort because I cannot find her.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-05 16:30:25

At 10/5/08 04:28 PM, Hellmasker wrote: A goofy question:

How do you get FL Chan to show up in your FL projects? Is she a plugin of some sort because I cannot find her.

Fruity Dance in instruments. Only in FL8.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-05 16:38:28

At 10/5/08 04:30 PM, xKore wrote:
At 10/5/08 04:28 PM, Hellmasker wrote: A goofy question:

Fruity Dance in instruments. Only in FL8.

I have FL8. Could you please walk me through this? Haha, I have no idea what you meant by "instruments". Please excuse my confusion...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-05 16:42:55

Nevermind, I found her. Thanks man!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-05 18:42:44

How do I make a remix of a song?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-05 19:21:40

At 10/5/08 06:42 PM, BillysProgrammer wrote: How do I make a remix of a song?

How do you musics?

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-06 13:49:06

when I go to piano roll once I get the beat past line number 2 it wont play past line # 1 it loop section one 8 times then plays the whole thing once anyone
'?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-06 17:21:59

anything a newbie should know?

something BIG, not "click on teh icon on yer desktoppz!"

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-06 18:08:07

i want a pattern to get slowly softer, how do i do that thar?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-06 20:36:48

At 10/6/08 06:08 PM, loogiesquared wrote: i want a pattern to get slowly softer, how do i do that thar?

Here's a link: <a>http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1063046 /warbeats_quick_shot_fl_studio_fade_outs /<a>

My question is, sort of similar: How do you make an effect that causes the song's tempo to increase/decrease at a certain point in the song?

-Dejinelli-javascript:BBSPost.Save();

Check out my music please! :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-06 21:19:45

Quick question.
How much is FL 8 and will I be able to peice together different sounds (like, literally) in it?

This is pretty much what I mean.

Plays in order from left to right
|[boom]
| [pshh]
| [random trance noises]
|[tick][tick][tick][tick]

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-06 21:23:08

I'm exporting a piece in FL 8, and it has taken 3 hours so far and I'm 55% done.

Of course i'm using the highest quality wav export.

32Bit float
Bitrate: 450Kbit
512-point sinc

Total time 6'37"
Disk Space 136873Kb

Is it seriously worthy the time to export at this level or should I just:

16bit float
low bitrate
and 6 point ?

Anyone with any experience with this?
Thanks.
RR

Audio Surgery

I got my wisdom teeth fing pulled

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-10-06 21:23:58

At 10/6/08 01:49 PM, cloudy-kid wrote: when I go to piano roll once I get the beat past line number 2 it wont play past line # 1 it loop section one 8 times then plays the whole thing once anyone
'?

I think that you have part of your piano roll highlighted. Click on the selection tool, and click at the top of the piano roll where there is red. When the red bar goes away, then the piano roll will play until it gets to the last note, then it will go back to the beginning. I'll put a screenshot below.

At 10/6/08 08:36 PM, AwkwardFish wrote:
At 10/6/08 06:08 PM, loogiesquared wrote: i want a pattern to get slowly softer, how do i do that thar?
Here's a link: <a>http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1063046 /warbeats_quick_shot_fl_studio_fade_outs /<a>

My question is, sort of similar: How do you make an effect that causes the song's tempo to increase/decrease at a certain point in the song?

-Dejinelli-javascript:BBSPost.Save();

You can use kind of the same idea. If you want, you can right click and create an automation clip with the tempo at the top, and adjust the automation clip to slow down wherever you want to decrease your tempo. You just might have to zoom in really close to get the exact BPM you want with this method.

So what else you could do is right click on the tempo, and select "Edit Events". You'll get a window that looks kind of like the piano roll, more specifically like the bottom half of the piano roll. Click as close to the first bar as possible with the BPM you want (watch the information screen thing at the top left of the FL window, it'll tell you where your mouse is on the Events window). Then go to where you want the BPM to decrease / increase, and bring the BPM up or down, whichever you're wanting to do. Don't forget to use the squares / rectangles right below the "X" of the "Edit Events" window to change your zoom.

Hopefully that makes sense.