00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Altongoodbottle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

663,958 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-05 06:50:34

When I am going to export a song into an MP3 file in FL Studio, I get a button which shows "Backround rendering" and one with "Start", and I've always just used the "Start" button... What excactly does the "Backround rendering" button do?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-05 07:21:05

At 4/5/08 06:50 AM, GlowingMonkey wrote: When I am going to export a song into an MP3 file in FL Studio, I get a button which shows "Backround rendering" and one with "Start", and I've always just used the "Start" button... What excactly does the "Backround rendering" button do?

Background rendering does the same thing as Start, but puts FL into the background so you can do other things while FL renders the song, albeit at a slower pace from less CPU clock time being spent on it. It's a useful tool if you're multitasking.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-05 12:09:56

even if you just render normally, you can still alt+tab out and do other stuff

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-05 16:37:42

Another quick question if someone could help - I was wondering how it would be possible to apply a sort of "fade-in" to a series of notes. For example, if I had a series of 16th-note snare hits and I wanted their volume to start at nothing, and gradually increase over a given period of time, how would I do that? Thanks in advance :).

Umm...

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-05 16:56:53

At 4/5/08 04:37 PM, atallcostsky wrote: Another quick question if someone could help - I was wondering how it would be possible to apply a sort of "fade-in" to a series of notes. For example, if I had a series of 16th-note snare hits and I wanted their volume to start at nothing, and gradually increase over a given period of time, how would I do that? Thanks in advance :).

There's 2 ways in which to achieve this effect!

1st way, in the lower panel, in piano roll (notice the upright bars? one directly below each note placed!) adjust the heights of those, and that adjusts the volume to the corresponding note.

2nd way, is to use automation!

How?

To automate these, click on the volume dial. Either on the instrument itself, or if you've assigned the instrument to a mixer channel, you can use that volume slider.

Right click on either of those 2, then select "create automaion clip"

Immediately look at your playlist, at the bottom section, and if something hasn't just appeared in that section, just click anywhere in that section.

You should now see a 4 beat stretch of (what appears to be a line) which is the automation clip.

Stretch that clip to the length you need, ie; the duration for which the automation needs to take place.
for example, 4 bars.

Ok, with the far left side of that 'line' lower it to 0% (as far down as it goes) then with the far right of that line, raise it to 100% (as far up as it'll go)

Now if you've done that right, and I've made it clear without waffling. You should now have the effect you desire.

If so!

Experiment with automation in various other ways! with other instruments/effects or whatever you can imagine!

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-05 16:56:57

At 4/5/08 04:37 PM, atallcostsky wrote: Another quick question if someone could help - I was wondering how it would be possible to apply a sort of "fade-in" to a series of notes. For example, if I had a series of 16th-note snare hits and I wanted their volume to start at nothing, and gradually increase over a given period of time, how would I do that? Thanks in advance :).

That's called using an automation clip- useful stuff, really. To make an automation clip, right click on the volume knob for the channel and select "Make Automation Clip" or something like that. I forget.

After that, click on the bottom half of the playlist. Your automation clip should pop up. Now, stretch it to however long you need it. Take the left side of the line drawn in the clip and drag it down to zero, while taking the right side of the line and drag it to your preferred volume level.

Hope that helps :D

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-05 17:47:45

how do i make it so it automatically changes the bpm during a certain point in time and then have it change back like say 4 seconds later on fl 7

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-05 18:42:06

I have the FL Studio demo, cuz i'm not ure if i'll really like the actual product. But I'm a complete noob at it. It'd be great if somebody could direct me to a good tut. that a noob could get that explains what everything (Well not everything just the basic stuff) if used for and how to use it. Could somebody please help me?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-05 19:44:20

Woot thanks a bunch Wol and Sol, will really help me out a lot in the future :).

Umm...

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-05 19:45:59

At 4/5/08 07:44 PM, atallcostsky wrote: Woot thanks a bunch Wol and Sol, will really help me out a lot in the future :).

Oops...Stealth and Sol I meant.

Umm...

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-06 02:58:17

At 4/5/08 06:42 PM, KamiCosmic wrote: I have the FL Studio demo, cuz i'm not ure if i'll really like the actual product. But I'm a complete noob at it. It'd be great if somebody could direct me to a good tut. that a noob could get that explains what everything (Well not everything just the basic stuff) if used for and how to use it. Could somebody please help me?

I learned alot from video tutorials on youtube.
I kept a subscription to one so heres a link to all his FL Tutorials which range from beginner to intermediate difficulties. Doesn't teach you how to make music but more or less how to use the program.

Videos can be found here

Hope this helps people.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-06 04:48:39

Ok, Im tired of trying to figure this out so how the bloody hell can you record yourself with a USB mic in FL7?!

It's yo boy

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-06 10:09:25

At 4/6/08 04:48 AM, djt820 wrote: Ok, Im tired of trying to figure this out so how the bloody hell can you record yourself with a USB mic in FL7?!

Just record yourself with some other program like sound recorder or audacity, and import into FL with audio clip or wavetraveller. Or FL slicer

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-09 18:05:53

i have a question.

i just downloaded 30 different kick sounds/samples for techno/trance from vip zone and put them in the plug-in's folder i created for my vsti's. they are all "WAV audio" files, but heres the problem. i cant figure out how to get them onto FL to use. can someone please tell me how i can get these sounds onto FL?

-ganon95-

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-09 19:08:44

ok heres another problem that is really starting to annoy me. when im working on a song i always find sounds and add them to the list of sounds till i have all i need, this creates a nice big list of different sounds. but sometimes when i scroll through the patterns it will only show like 4 sounds on pattern 1 then on pattern 2 there are like 6 sounds, usually different then pattern 1. like heres what i mean. say i have a kick, open hat, snare, closed hat and crash on pattern one. if i switch to pattern two only kick and closed hat appear on the list of sounds, i want the sounds to be all listed the same on every pattern. anyone know how to fix this?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-09 20:09:32

At 4/9/08 07:08 PM, ganon95 wrote: ok heres another problem that is really starting to annoy me. when im working on a song i always find sounds and add them to the list of sounds till i have all i need, this creates a nice big list of different sounds. but sometimes when i scroll through the patterns it will only show like 4 sounds on pattern 1 then on pattern 2 there are like 6 sounds, usually different then pattern 1. like heres what i mean. say i have a kick, open hat, snare, closed hat and crash on pattern one. if i switch to pattern two only kick and closed hat appear on the list of sounds, i want the sounds to be all listed the same on every pattern. anyone know how to fix this?

It does this sometimes if the tab in the beat sequencer is not set to "ALL." I've never heard of a combination of kick and closed hat, but I am 100% positive there are categories of ALL, UNSORTED, PERCUSSION, and AUTOMATION.

So perhaps you should go to each pattern and make sure the tab says "ALL."

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-09 20:18:23

alright thanks, that worked well, i only said kick and closed hat as an example lol, btw can you plz answer my other question about the new sounds i got?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-09 20:30:17

At 4/9/08 08:18 PM, ganon95 wrote: alright thanks, that worked well, i only said kick and closed hat as an example lol, btw can you plz answer my other question about the new sounds i got?

All you have to do is go to "Channels > Add one > Sampler (or Audio clip, or the FL slicer if it is a set of drums all put together in one .wav file)"

When the window pops up, click on the folder icon and look for the sample you downloaded that you wan to use. If you click on the audio sample once (while in the browsing window), you will hear a preview of what it sounds like.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-09 20:46:54

lol thank you soo freaking much ive been trying to figure out how to do this crap for a long time now lmao

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-11 14:12:00

Hi, I've got a question...

Does someone know a sample in FL Studio that sounds something of the sort of the main sound in the beginning of this song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=P0PFFbSdSjk

Thanks in advance! :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-11 20:02:22

I'm wondering, is there anyway to set keys, like in the numeric pad, to turn on and off the patterns in live mode, or do I need to use a midi controller?
Thanks

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-11 20:51:14

At 4/11/08 08:02 PM, Rawmin wrote: I'm wondering, is there anyway to set keys, like in the numeric pad, to turn on and off the patterns in live mode, or do I need to use a midi controller?
Thanks

Do you mean patterns in the playlist or instruments in the step editor?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-11 20:53:06

At 4/11/08 02:12 PM, GlowingMonkey wrote: Hi, I've got a question...

Does someone know a sample in FL Studio that sounds something of the sort of the main sound in the beginning of this song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=P0PFFbSdSjk

Thanks in advance! :)

The bagbipes? Probably not gonna find them in FL, try finding a good soundfont.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-11 20:59:34

At 4/11/08 08:51 PM, ObviousTroll wrote:
At 4/11/08 08:02 PM, Rawmin wrote: I'm wondering, is there anyway to set keys, like in the numeric pad, to turn on and off the patterns in live mode, or do I need to use a midi controller?
Thanks
Do you mean patterns in the playlist or instruments in the step editor?

I mean patterns in the playlist

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-12 10:00:35

Is there a way to add a volume control to an automation clip that is just a track?
Like, i have my track on the automation bit because i want it silent for one part of the bar, but then to come in half way through, but i don't want to add effects to the mixer channel because i've used the same instrument for another of my tracks :[

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-12 11:14:26

I reinstall my PC, and after it, when i again upload FL to my computer, Most WMA files don't play! they are filled with red, not with grey colour. please, tell me what to do.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-12 11:34:11

At 4/12/08 11:14 AM, karthon wrote: I reinstall my PC, and after it, when i again upload FL to my computer, Most WMA files don't play! they are filled with red, not with grey colour. please, tell me what to do.

I think the red means that the files can't be found. Are you sure you installed FL completely?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-12 13:43:58

i tried to download and install again, but there was the same situation. maybe, something's wrong with my Windows media player? he don't wants to play WMA fileas, and get an error

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-12 14:40:34

Is there a way to use Automation clips to change the volume of a pattern

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-04-12 15:00:14

At 4/12/08 02:40 PM, Testicle wrote: Is there a way to use Automation clips to change the volume of a pattern

You can't change the volume of a pattern, but you can change the volume of the instruments INSIDE the pattern.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person