00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rott1ngBra1n just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

667,097 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-24 21:05:53

At 5/24/07 08:59 PM, navij11 wrote:
At 5/24/07 08:57 PM, AtomicTerrorist wrote:
No, it doesn't.

When you click on the bottom portion, it starts at the beginning of the song, rather than where you clicked, unlike in FL6.

It is annoying.

I've noticed this too. Hopefully it's a small bug that they'll fix for the next ver. it is rather annoying to have to scroll through the pl just to resize an automation clip.

- Wraith

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-24 21:07:07

Go back to FL 6 !!!! >8()

^.^ <3 FL 6

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-24 21:08:51

At 5/24/07 09:07 PM, Envy wrote: Go back to FL 6 !!!! >8()

^.^ <3 FL 6

Maybe...
sometime later.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-24 21:18:03

At 5/24/07 09:07 PM, Envy wrote: Go back to FL 6 !!!! >8()

^.^ <3 FL 6

FL6 FTW!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-24 22:56:56

I've done a bit of work in FL7, my main annoyance when creating techno tracks is that I can't get any good drum loops, and the ones I create myself are really simple and not too diverse, what can I do to get a good kicking drum loop to suit the electronic style?

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-25 09:04:11

At 5/24/07 10:56 PM, WritersBlock wrote: I've done a bit of work in FL7, my main annoyance when creating techno tracks is that I can't get any good drum loops, and the ones I create myself are really simple and not too diverse, what can I do to get a good kicking drum loop to suit the electronic style?

Use google to search for samples, or add FX and make the basic FL drums sound better. EQUO is a good start ;)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-25 11:04:56

At 5/24/07 10:56 PM, WritersBlock wrote: I've done a bit of work in FL7, my main annoyance when creating techno tracks is that I can't get any good drum loops, and the ones I create myself are really simple and not too diverse, what can I do to get a good kicking drum loop to suit the electronic style?

More than half of the samples that come by default on FLStudio are a waste, that is unless you use them to make your own samples. I found out that the good samples with good sounds that are on the net are not always free and the ones that are free are not what you really wanted in a sample (meaning it doesn't sound just like you had it in your mind). So what i've done is started to make my own samples from scratch. I take 3-4 samples, change pitch, length, sound level, add some effects, and make a type of sample that suits me and how i originally heard it in my mind.
Most of the time, i come up with what i've wanted and I will always get something fresh because it's new, and not already made samples that more likely someone had used on another song.

Apart from that, what i can also tell you is that if you are trying to make a good (diverse), rhythmical song, and can't come up with one of your own from the top of your head, then take a drum loop that you like, slice it up, hear how each slice makes up its own sound and how all the slices come together to make a full sound. Then try to imitate each slice sound with one of your own, then instead of arranging them like the drum loop sounded, move some things a little bit, change the pitches of a few sounds, then compare the two.

-Allen A

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-25 12:14:37

omgz wutz dis ting culled mixer effect?
Just fool around with Fruity Reveerb and Phaser and such.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-25 19:11:26

just use the slicer with say, the drillnbass drumloop, then master it a bit to fit the mood of the song. then, you can create your own drumloop, it's fun.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-26 00:13:22

At 5/25/07 07:11 PM, x-Exodus-X wrote:
just use the slicer with say, the drillnbass drumloop, then master it a bit to fit the mood of the song. then, you can create your own drumloop, it's fun.

Drillnbass loop is overused and cliché, don't slice it. Just use the parametric EQ on the samples FL has. If you figure it out right, some of them should sound pretty decent. besides, you get much more freedom in creating your own loops. Just be creative, and throw a bunch of hat's around. Hats can make or break a song...

Above all, just have fun with it... It will come to you.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-26 14:03:35

Ah, mastering. What a bugger. I have no idea where to even start. Anyone willing to help?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-26 14:37:39

At 5/26/07 02:03 PM, ArisingFlame wrote: Ah, mastering. What a bugger. I have no idea where to even start. Anyone willing to help?

Mastering in FL is painfully simple.

Make sure you know what frequencies you want to stand out on your instruments; cymbals are high mid and high, bass drums are either really low or punchy, bass synths should be below or above the kick drums, whatever you EQed the kick as affects this, etc etc.

Then, turn everything's volume down to zero. Then, choose what you want to be heard, to be loud. Put that at around 75% volume. Then just go down the list. Drums shouldn't be too loud, so probably at around 50-60% on the volume, and just turn the volume up accordingly. Do this WITHOUT a compressor on anything.

Then, after you've got everything nice and not red-lining very often (if it just touches the red line is won't kill anything) and then put a soft compressor on the master effects channel.

There. Flawless mastering.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-26 15:11:50

At 5/26/07 02:37 PM, ZENON wrote:
Mastering in FL is painfully simple.

Thanks ZENON ;)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-26 16:07:27

At 5/26/07 02:37 PM, ZENON wrote:

Ah, thank you! I Have a problem with maxing out my CPU too much =P

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-26 16:53:47

Try making use of Smart Disable. To switch it on for all fx go to Tools - >Macros -> switch smart disable....

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-26 17:15:50

Technically this isn't mastering... but its gives a basic idea of using the right frequencies/EQing.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-26 17:17:27

oops I thought I hit reply to qoute... anyway I was replying to ZENONs post above.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-26 21:28:54

At 5/26/07 05:17 PM, NeoMarine wrote: oops I thought I hit reply to qoute... anyway I was replying to ZENONs post above.

triple post =P

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-27 17:55:49

alright, i have a question. i dont know what i pressed or why it does it, but now whenever i change soemthing in my song, the history thing comes up in the browser and opens up my song history, even when i close it. it's really annoying. anyone know how to fix this?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-28 04:24:10

I would like to know if anyone has links to tutorials that would teach me how to make stuff like the aphex twin breakbeat songs.. just insane breakbeats and VST stuff.. pls PM me with the links cuz i might not find this thread again. thanks.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-28 12:49:23

At 5/28/07 04:24 AM, Exhumer wrote: I would like to know if anyone has links to tutorials that would teach me how to make stuff like the aphex twin breakbeat songs.. just insane breakbeats and VST stuff.. pls PM me with the links cuz i might not find this thread again. thanks.

chop up drum loops with the Fruity slicer and go crazy

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-28 13:11:13

i know how to use the fruity vocoder, the problem is, my mic won't show up on the "IN" spot in the mixer. How do I fix this problem?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-29 11:32:00

Okay guys, here comes a list of questions:

Lol

How I can makea clap, or any sound for that matter, echo?
Listen to DreamScape by -EON- once, you'll understand what I mean.

I also need to know how I can make a saw lead/saw synth.
Some help would be appreciated.

A realistic Piano and Violin VST would also help me much, as I got myself a piano which is supposed to be connected to my computer.
Having troubles with that as well, so help me god.

Fading sounds in, not only at the beginning of a song, but mid-song.

A good bass, for a background bassline.
I couldn't find one in FL Studio 6, so could someone reccomend me one? (Or two.)

And can someone tell me what the tinging sound in the beginning of cornandbeans's The Sewers is?

Awesome :D

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-29 11:35:47

At 5/28/07 06:18 PM, B0UNC3 wrote:
At 5/26/07 02:37 PM, ZENON wrote: There. Flawless mastering.
Orly?
Afaik putting sounds together so that they sound good and doesn't peak has to do with MIXING. The same with EQing. That is NOT mastering.

Ah damn, what's mastering?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-29 14:19:34

At 5/29/07 11:35 AM, SBB wrote: Ah damn, what's mastering?

At this step your final-mixed track get adjusted for CD, LP, Radio etc.
That usually just profis do.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-29 15:36:20

At 5/29/07 11:32 AM, SuperFlonic wrote: How I can makea clap, or any sound for that matter, echo?

Fruity Reveerb, try Reveerb 2 if you need help visualing the knobs and how they affect the sounds. If you mean actually really, really echo, then Fruity Delay.

I also need to know how I can make a saw lead/saw synth.

Any VST, experiment and play with presets.

A realistic Piano and Violin VST would also help me much, as I got myself a piano which is supposed to be connected to my computer.
Having troubles with that as well, so help me god.

Piano/Violin soundfont, slap some effects and filters on it and it will sound great.
If you mean you have a keyboard, download the drivers for it from the manufacters' website and look in your MIDI options in FL's options for the keyboard, play away.

Fading sounds in, not only at the beginning of a song, but mid-song.

Volume automation. If you don't know how to do that, download the file in my sig.

A good bass, for a background bassline.
I couldn't find one in FL Studio 6, so could someone reccomend me one? (Or two.)

Bassline I would say any simple lead or short synth at C4 in Sytrus or Toxic III, I use other VSTs for that though. z3ta+ has great presets you can play with, try their demo.
If you're willing to dish out plenty of cash, Vanguard and NeXus are brilliant too, but costy.

And can someone tell me what the tinging sound in the beginning of cornandbeans's The Sewers is?

I'll answer it after I hear it again, but I'll bet it's just a layered synth.

Awesome :D

urwulkum

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-29 16:01:04

At 5/29/07 03:36 PM, DragonsGrief wrote:
At 5/29/07 11:32 AM, SuperFlonic wrote:

It's a Ride cymbal, perhaps an octave up? All I know is it's some sort of ride cymbal.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-29 16:05:01

And I have a question...

I dont quite know how to word this but here we go:

I have a bassline that is on the offbeat, and the notes are full quarter notes... As in they take up 1/4 of each measure. Now, since they're offbeats, when the reach the end of the measure (My bassline is 4 measures long) I can't have a full quarter note, because it will start a new measure... Is there any way to make it so that the second half of the note can be part of the measure going back to the start of the first measure?

If you Don't understand what I mean.... IM me or something and I'll send you an example of soemething I just started and having trouble with that... Right now I have to have an 8th note at the end and an 8th note at the start, but thats really not what I want because I dont want it going boom.boom.boom.boomboom.

I want boom.boom.boom.boom. on the offbeats...

Thanks

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-29 16:36:51

I've thought of this as well, there's no real solution for me besides having one incredibly long pattern with a repeated bassline over and over with silences when I need them.

I would suggest being subtle and make the second to last note along with the last 1/8 notes and hope it's not too obvious enough to make others scream and rant in their reviews.

I'd like help on this as well.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-05-29 18:49:55

there's no way to make the time signature X/8 in Fl studio is there?