00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ThanksDennis just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Splintercell club

2,408 Views | 37 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Splintercell club 2005-03-27 12:21:29

In spite of recent events of Splintercell Chaos Theory slowly being unraveled, I was inspired to create this club. My love for Splintercell is so great, that I thought I should share the experience with the rest of you. Here in this club wer can discuss every aspect of Splintercell and help eachother out when we are in tought times. Here are some topics we can discuss

-Walkthroughs, tips, hints, glitches, and pics for all Splintercell games.
-We can talk about the upcoming games.
-We can talk about Splintercell on xbox2/ps3/ect.
-We can get together and have tournaments even for the different games.

The rules of this club are simple, just show respect to fellow NG members, and follow the same rules for the NG BBS. Everyone can join, so everyone is considered equal.

BBS Signature

Response to Splintercell club 2005-03-27 14:19:20

At 3/27/05 12:41 PM, JustinTheStylish wrote: Hey I will join, I always love Splinter Cell. It is sad I haven't beat the games yet :'(

I beat the first game, but I didnt beat the second one yet. This is mainly due to the fact that the online playing was so addictive. It was as if I was compelled each and every time to click the multiplayer menu rather than the single player menu. However, I am working on beating the game as we speak, so maybe I can be done with it by today.

BBS Signature

Response to Splintercell club 2005-03-27 15:25:04

Hey I'll join, I love Splinter Cell!
I've only got the first one, I can't believe Pandora Tomorrow came out ages ago and I still don't have it, a 3rd will be released >=(

Anyway,I'm playing it now. I'm on the oil rig mission, on the part when you have to follow the mercenary computer geek guy. But I'm stuck in trying to get across from the platform you start off on across to the one where I have to follow the guy. Anyone got any tips on how to do this?

Response to Splintercell club 2005-03-27 17:43:40

im in, though ive only got the first one

Response to Splintercell club 2005-03-27 17:46:28

This seems cool, I'll join.

I'm playing "Pandora Tomorrow" right now!

BBS Signature

Response to Splintercell club 2005-03-27 20:39:36

Why is it so hard to finish this game. I am playing pandora tommorrow right now, and jeez, the last level is crazygonuts. I have to kill 3 people who are really good shooters, and at the same time, knock out and hide the bodies of 3 workers. Plus, as soon as the three guys start shooting, I only have one minute to kill all three which is really hard, then I have to go defuse a bomb or something. I will post back when I finally finish the game. Anyone here beat pandora tomm. already?

BBS Signature

Response to Splintercell club 2005-03-28 15:50:47

At 3/27/05 08:39 PM, -NightCrawler- wrote: stuff about Splinter Cell: PT

Can you really play online? If so tell me a little about it... I read ages ago in a magazine before the game came out that the players are split into 2 : Some are the assasins and some are the guards or something like that. I haven't read PS2 Magazines for ages, my PS2 was broken for a year and I only just got it fixed again.

Response to Splintercell club 2005-03-28 15:56:13

Sorry for double post. I just realised; have you looked at any Walkthroughs on the web for help on the last level Nightcrawler?

You can find many here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/915072.html

Hope it helps :)

Response to Splintercell club 2005-03-31 10:07:57

has anyone got any help for the CIA level in the first splintercell, thats so damn hard

Response to Splintercell club 2005-03-31 10:13:41

I have the first Splinter Cell. I really can't ay I like it too much, for the reasons following:
1: I played Metal Gear first.
2: I like stealth games, but not when you CONSTANTLY have to use stealth.
3: Not enough violence for me.
4: Not that realistic.
I like when people say how much more realistic Splinter Cell is than Metal Gear is. But where in Metal Gear are you hiding in pitch black with three huge lights glowing on your head and lose a gaurd two feet in front of you?
I will admit that two and three look cool, though.

Response to Splintercell club 2005-03-31 10:29:52

I'm getting the third once it comes out.

Response to Splintercell club 2005-03-31 11:55:17

At 3/31/05 10:07 AM, jambone14 wrote: has anyone got any help for the CIA level in the first splintercell, thats so damn hard

I'm on that level too, it's damn impossible. I'm on the part where you walk through those doors with the lasers and have to hack into the CIA's system by that computer in that all white room. I've done that, but I have to go back through those laser doors again and turn left. But there's a guard behind a screen facing towards me, and he sees me even if I sneak past him whilst crouching. What do I do?

At 3/31/05 10:13 AM, Twin_Uzis wrote: I have the first Splinter Cell. I really can't ay I like it too much, for the reasons following:
1: I played Metal Gear first.
2: I like stealth games, but not when you CONSTANTLY have to use stealth.

But surely then it wouldn't be stealth =P

3: Not enough violence for me.

Again, if you're looking for a violent game why not just play FPS?

4: Not that realistic

hang on a bit...^.

I like when people say how much more realistic Splinter Cell is than Metal Gear is. But where in Metal Gear are you hiding in pitch black with three huge lights glowing on your head and lose a guard two feet in front of you?

I guess so, but I don't understand : you're saying MGS is realistic and SC isn't as much. But you're also saying there's a lot more stealth in SC, surely that's more realistic?

Speaking of SC, I just made a new forum which I started yesterday, called 'Splinter Cell World' - I know it's cheesy but that's all I could think of. It's a proboard forum dedicated to fans of SplinterCell and is divided up into the current two SC games 'SC1' and 'Pandora Tomorrow', and soon 'chaos theory'. Still has some imporvements that coukd be made but if you like Splinter Cell that much you should check it out, and I need some help with the forum.
Link for the forum is in my profile.

Response to Splintercell club 2005-03-31 15:54:27

Oh cool, I thought this topic died, and then I see it again on the forum. Anyway, I am glad for people taking a part of this.

In regards to people asking about the CIA level. Yes, that level is a bitch, and it is quite tricky. Try and be really sneaky, and with some luck you will beat it. I dont understand why they made that level so hard though, I mean, the levels after that seemed relatively easy.
Probably just the thing that you couldnt kill anyone. Also, the first splintercell didnt have too many options for knocking people unconscience. Now, the new Splintercell Chaos theory does. It is great, there are so many different possibilities to knock out someone. I think the Air Foil Ring is a lot easier to knock someone out with. Because everytime I shoot someone with it in the demo...they get knocked out right away. No more just standing still almost unconscience. Now its like...cool.

Anyway, I finally beat Pandora Tommorrow. It was hard...but I managed to do it after, oh I would say 8 tries or so. I will post more info about Chaos Theory when I get it. For now, make sure you check out the Co op trailer on the official website, I got goosebumps after watching it.

BBS Signature

Response to Splintercell club 2005-03-31 16:29:05

At 3/31/05 03:54 PM, -NightCrawler- wrote: Oh cool, I thought this topic died, and then I see it again on the forum. Anyway, I am glad for people taking a part of this.

No way! I love SC loads, I even made a forum about it ^-^

In regards to people asking about the CIA level. Yes, that level is a bitch, and it is quite tricky. Try and be really sneaky, and with some luck you will beat it. I dont understand why they made that level so hard though, I mean, the levels after that seemed relatively easy.

Yeah I've tired being sneaky but sometimes that just isn't enough. Fir example when a guard walks past you in a dark hallway I am hidden in the shadows and press myself up against a wall, but the guard detects me when he walks past, even though I haven't moved =s Sometimes what you do earlier on in the level results in later on in the level after a checkpoint, that's kind of annoying especially if you left a body unhidden, since you can't go back.

The main thing about the CIA level I'm stuck on is that near the system you have to get to in the first part of the level (like that huge office near the door with the lasers) there's a guard facing towards me behind a glass window. I try crouching and walking underneath it but the window is too low and he sees me every time. Got any tips for this Nightcrawler?

Oh well, I'll try the mission tomorrow and with a little luck I should get a bit further, I guess the answer is stealth, stealth and more stealth!

Probably just the thing that you couldn’t kill anyone. Also, the first splinter cell didn’t have too many options for knocking people unconscious. Now, the new Splintercell Chaos theory does. It is great, there are so many different possibilities to knock out someone.

Yeah, that's great to know. The CIA level is annoying because I can only knock someone out and not kill them, now if I could fire that Sk-20 anywhere I pleased I would be able to pass it. Ah well.
I haven't even gotten Pandora Tomorrow yet though, have you? It looks like it's going to take a while for me to get chaos theory because I'm only on the first SC. They seemed to come out very quick one after another. But then again, that might have been because my PS2 was broken for about a year.

Response to Splintercell club 2005-04-01 18:09:11

To Tiger_Chick. You should buy the new splintercell. Its out already...and I do not have it, sigh. Anyway, its not like a movie or anything, where you need to play the second in order to understand the first. Its not like that at all. So, if you wanted, you dont even need to get Pandora Tommorrow, and just skip right to Chaos Theory. I am only trying to give you advice, for if I were you, I would do just that.

Anyway, sorry about being so vague about the CIA level. I havent played it in ages, let alone the game Splintercell. Maybe I should play it to catch up. Anyway, post here to tell me if you have beaten it or not.

BBS Signature

Response to Splintercell club 2005-04-01 18:19:28

Thanks for the Advice Nigthcrawler, I'll get Chaos Theory instead of both then :)

At 4/1/05 06:09 PM, -NightCrawler- wrote:
Anyway, sorry about being so vague about the CIA level. I havent played it in ages, let alone the game Splintercell. Maybe I should play it to catch up. Anyway, post here to tell me if you have beaten it or not.

That's ok, you were right just to use stealth. I beat that mission today anyway, I just got stuck on a part with aguard standing there behind a booth facing towards me. All I needed to do was fire a sticky shcoker at his head haha.
I'm on the mission where you have to find Ivan now, can't remember what it's called, I'm already stuck on it lol.

Response to Splintercell club 2005-04-03 05:09:55

Okay, I will make this short. Fuck Splinter Cell, Metal Gear is better. If anyone pushes it, I will post the growing number of reasons why MGS is better.

Response to Splintercell club 2005-04-03 15:03:03

At 4/3/05 05:09 AM, Tetsyo wrote: Okay, I will make this short. Fuck Splinter Cell, Metal Gear is better. If anyone pushes it, I will post the growing number of reasons why MGS is better.

remeber that this is the SPLINTER CELL CLUB, not MGS, but yes i agree i do prefer MGS, splinter cell is still good though

Response to Splintercell club 2005-04-03 16:19:14

At 4/3/05 05:09 AM, Tetsyo wrote: Okay, I will make this short. Fuck Splinter Cell, Metal Gear is better. If anyone pushes it, I will post the growing number of reasons why MGS is better.

Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it if you want, but just like the guy above me said, this is a Splintercell club. The post you just made was completely irrelevant and did not contribute in any sort of positive way. I will try and tell you in a very mature matter, that I do not wish to read post such as those on this club. If you do not like SplinterCell, then do not contribute.

Anyway, I have decided that I am going to play splintercell 1 right now, for I havent played it in a while, and it will be fun to catch up with. I am going to start a brand new game.

BBS Signature

Response to Splintercell club 2005-04-07 11:28:56

At 4/3/05 04:19 PM, -NightCrawler- wrote:
Anyway, I have decided that I am going to play splintercell 1 right now, for I havent played it in a while, and it will be fun to catch up with. I am going to start a brand new game.

Haha cool, I'm on that at the moment. I think I'm on 49% or something, I just started the Power Plant level.. damn is this game getting hard now.
Is it just me, or was the level in the Kalintek (or whatever it was called) one of the most boring levels? It was very hard and It just seemed that stealth was impossible at some parts, I went round shooting people with my silencer quite a bit on that level.

Anyway, Chaos theory is out. Do you still recommend buying that instead of Pandora Tomorrow first nightcrawler?

Response to Splintercell club 2005-04-07 11:33:52

hehe I just rented it. Ill probably join tomarrow if I like it.

Response to Splintercell club 2005-04-07 11:35:38

At 4/7/05 11:33 AM, A_A_Sam_Bandit wrote: hehe I just rented it. Ill probably join tomarrow if I like it.

Well then there should hopefully be a good chance you do join, because I strongly recommend the game =). Well, Splinter Cell one anyway, since that's the only game from the series that I've played.

Anyway, which Splinter Cell game did you rent?

Response to Splintercell club 2005-04-07 11:40:53

At 4/7/05 11:35 AM, Tiger_Chick wrote: Anyway, which Splinter Cell game did you rent?

chaos theory. I rented the other ones but I didnt get a chance to play thaem :'(

Response to Splintercell club 2005-04-07 11:45:35

At 4/7/05 11:40 AM, A_A_Sam_Bandit wrote:
chaos theory. I rented the other ones but I didnt get a chance to play thaem :'(

Aww that's too bad, can;t you rent em for like 3 nights though?
Anyway, have fun with "Chaos Theory". I envy you, It looks so delicious and I am probably going to just buy it alltogether soon. I have only played SP1 and can't be bothered to play PT, I'm just going straight to Chaos Theory. =)

Response to Splintercell club 2005-04-07 11:53:36

At 4/7/05 11:45 AM, Tiger_Chick wrote: It looks so delicious and I am probably going to just buy it alltogether soon. I have only played SP1 and can't be bothered to play PT, I'm just going straight to Chaos Theory. =)

you must really love your sc lol good luck with your club! *turns on x-box and pops it in* >:)

Response to Splintercell club 2005-04-07 15:09:29

At 4/7/05 11:53 AM, A_A_Sam_Bandit wrote:
you must really love your sc lol good luck with your club! *turns on x-box and pops it in* >:)

Yeah I do, along with GTA and Tekken, Splinter Cell is one of my favourite games.
Anyway thanks for the good club, if you mean the forum I made. But I made it a while and I still have no members, so I've pretty much given up on that.

Response to Splintercell club 2005-04-10 11:26:18

Ok, splinter cell club, help me out. On Splinter Cell 2 (PT), on the LA Airport, what do i do when the lift stops? ive bin told to climb the left wire after i get out of the elevator, but i cant continue climbing up. What do i do?

Response to Splintercell club 2005-04-10 16:37:10

At 4/10/05 11:26 AM, Raving_Donkey wrote: Ok, splinter cell club, help me out. On Splinter Cell 2 (PT), on the LA Airport, what do i do when the lift stops? ive bin told to climb the left wire after i get out of the elevator, but i cant continue climbing up. What do i do?

I think I know what your talking about, when the Power goes out, and Lmabert says "The power went out" and fisher in a sarcastic tone says "Thanks Lambert."

Anyway, I am pretty sure its the left one, then you have to climb towards the bottom of the other elevator that is stuck. From there there a compartment underneath that elevator in which you must climb through. After doing that, just look up again and climb through the other hole. But be warned, what lies past that is the hardest part in the entire game. You WILL need to use as much stealth as possible. Shoot out every single light if you can. And dont start attacking the RED people (thermal) until you are absolutely sure. For once you start shooting, you have one minute to take out all three, climb to the top, and go to the bomb. You have to make sure all three are dead.

BBS Signature

Response to Splintercell club 2005-04-10 18:21:06

Also, I forgot to mention this before. I have just purchased SplinterCell Chaos Theory. I am extremely eager to play it. However, I have to do my work first. RATS! In any case, I will post an update on my overall review about this game. I am quite positive I will not be dissapointed.

BBS Signature

Response to Splintercell club 2005-04-25 11:11:26

I am so in this club. I just played Splinter cell the first one and I love it. I plan on buying the latest one and Hope to play with some of you soon :)